Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 4h

Oggi pomeriggio saró da Swatch in Corso Vittorio Emanuele a Milano per autografare i miei orologi. Ci vediamo là!

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 9m

MILANO!! Thank you so much to all those who came and waited at the Swatch signing. Over 4000 of you!! Next stop oxford st London Tuesday pm

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 8m

pic.twitter.com/bPg7Ag60At

BZxRft8IcAEmWe1.jpg:large

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 9m

MILANO!! Thank you so much to all those who came and waited at the Swatch signing. Over 4000 of you!! Next stop oxford st London Tuesday pm

4000?? :shocked: Is this a typo? or Mika's own approximate? :mf_rosetinted:

4000?? :shocked: Is this a typo? or Mika's own approximate? :mf_rosetinted:

:blush-anim-cl: If this is the right amount of people, I wonder how many of those got their Swatch watch signed :blink: And how does MIKAs arm/hand feels like - after this "signing show"!? :teehee:

Love,love

me

He's already in London :thumb_yello:

Katie Whitley ‏@katiejaneqpr 5m

Had the pleasure of meeting @mikasounds on my flight back to London... Hat buddies!! pic.twitter.com/LDb8sTfLy8

BZyKw2OCQAAJSdM.jpg

Good, I think it's good for him to be at home for a few days after these last crazy Milano days :mf_rosetinted:

I found this one on facebook. It's an old one but my head is overloaded with Mika pictures and I'm not sure I've seen it before. It's in an album called "Famous peeps I have driven -and sometimes they got to go where they wanted to go" :aah:https://www.facebook.com/douglas.sinden.3/media_set?set=a.138164279723216.1073741831.100005889339404&type=3

1452434_181202805419363_1975317291_n.jpg

I found this one on facebook. It's an old one but my head is overloaded with Mika pictures and I'm not sure I've seen it before. It's in an album called "Famous peeps I have driven -and sometimes they got to go where they wanted to go" :aah:https://www.facebook.com/douglas.sinden.3/media_set?set=a.138164279723216.1073741831.100005889339404&type=3

1452434_181202805419363_1975317291_n.jpg

The suit looks familiar...

I love love love it when he takes pictures like that!! You know, with the mouth and the eyes :mikalove:

I`m glad Mika is back home now. I hope he`ll have some rest till Tuesday.

After seeing reports from the Swatch session in Milan I have a dual feeling: i`m glad for all mfc-ers who managed to see him and haven`t been injured by crazy people and crush. But I don`t think organization was good - so many people, such mess. :shocked:

This is a part of Mika`s "star life", for sure, but I imagine how hard it is sometimes to remain so gentle, kind and patient. He`s a gentleman. My admiration!

I wonder has he expected such fuss in Milan ?

I guess he's driving a nice taxi :thumb_yello:

@Crazyaboutmika: You're welcome,Anne!

yes... it's called the apple pose :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php?faq=ij#faq_ij_3

Lol are you kidding? that's awesome :aah:

I`m glad Mika is back home now. I hope he`ll have some rest till Tuesday.

After seeing reports from the Swatch session in Milan I have a dual feeling: i`m glad for all mfc-ers who managed to see him and haven`t been injured by crazy people and crush. But I don`t think organization was good - so many people, such mess. :shocked:

This is a part of Mika`s "star life", for sure, but I imagine how hard it is sometimes to remain so gentle, kind and patient. He`s a gentleman. My admiration!

I wonder has he expected such fuss in Milan ?

Same here

Yet, this is just the start of things.

I hate seeing people who act like crazy with no reason... Most of the people who were there came because he's a judge on a reality show.

I bet 80% of them don't even know his middle name. I'm just saying, you have to earn the right to be called "fan", and that's NOT the right way.

yes... it's called the apple pose :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php?faq=ij#faq_ij_3

it's never been my fave, i prefer his smile! :aah:

Same here

Yet' date=' this is just the start of things.

I hate seeing people who act like crazy with no reason... Most of the people who were there came because he's a judge on a reality show.

I bet 80% of them don't even know his middle name. I'm just saying, you have to earn the right to be called "fan", and that's NOT the right way.[/quote']

i know what you mean, tho i wouldn't go as far as saying "you have to earn the right to be called 'fan'", or that it has anything to do with knowing his middle name. :dunno: those who are just interested in his pretty face will forget him when x-factor is finished. but for some his good looks and his appearance in x-factor will just be the starting point that got them interested, and they'll be as much a fan as you and me when they find out more about him, watch interviews, get to go to one of his shows, etc. ... of course there are different "stages" of fandom, from just buying the albums, to going to concerts, watching/reading interviews, writing on forums, or travelling around the world to see him - but that doesn't mean that a fan who "just" buys mika's album and goes to a signing in hope of getting his autograph is "worth" anything less than someone who has been a fan for years and collects everything about mika. mika can't make a living just from his hardcore fans, he needs a lot of people to buy his albums and get him in the charts. i'm glad this has happened in italy now. although i hope the ones who are screaming and going crazy over him will eventually calm down and see him as the normal guy he is, not as some out-of-this-world superstar.

i know what you mean, tho i wouldn't go as far as saying "you have to earn the right to be called 'fan'", or that it has anything to do with knowing his middle name. :dunno: those who are just interested in his pretty face will forget him when x-factor is finished. but for some his good looks and his appearance in x-factor will just be the starting point that got them interested, and they'll be as much a fan as you and me when they find out more about him, watch interviews, get to go to one of his shows, etc. ... of course there are different "stages" of fandom, from just buying the albums, to going to concerts, watching/reading interviews, writing on forums, or travelling around the world to see him - but that doesn't mean that a fan who "just" buys mika's album and goes to a signing in hope of getting his autograph is "worth" anything less than someone who has been a fan for years and collects everything about mika. mika can't make a living just from his hardcore fans, he needs a lot of people to buy his albums and get him in the charts. i'm glad this has happened in italy now. although i hope the ones who are screaming and going crazy over him will eventually calm down and see him as the normal guy he is, not as some out-of-this-world superstar.

thanks for this post, very well said :thumb_yello:

I see what you mean...

I know not all of them are crazy screaming girls, and some of them surely will find out what an amazing person he is.

But seeing all this craziness and chaos... it's good for his publicity but I feel as if they're taking Mika and making him so much more... regular. For example, that picture with all the photographers and girls with their iPhones. Mika is so special, so unique, so different from all of this... it's almost dull, compared to his amazing soul. Feels as if it's not making him any different than any other singer out there. And I know it's not true.

:thumb_yello:

I totally agree with you, Karin. There are different sorts of fans, and we can't say one is better or worse, good or bad, really -- just different. :dunno: A screaming teenager who discovers Mika through X Factor today will eventually get older and pass through that phase, and hopefully become a lifelong fan who appreciates him as the amazing singer and songwriter that we know him to be.

I do hope the frenzy calms down, as you say, and I think it will once he moves on to France and people aren't seeing him on TV every week... at least I hope it "normalizes" a bit. The images from Milan yesterday were just insane.

but for some his good looks and his appearance in x-factor will just be the starting point that got them interested, and they'll be as much a fan as you and me when they find out more about him, watch interviews, get to go to one of his shows, etc. ... of course there are different "stages" of fandom, from just buying the albums, to going to concerts, watching/reading interviews, writing on forums, or travelling around the world to see him

For me, it wasn't his pretty face. It was his kindness, his personality, his mind. His way of speaking the truth without hurting people. His cleverness, his ironiy and subtlety. His way of moving, his looks, his glances. And a lot more, which I can't describe by words.

I never watched X factor. I just happend to run into it one day, he was speaking and he captured me. Now I'm trying to catch up with everything, most of all watching videos about him, since I'm interestedin him as a man. Just found out about the Vlog, can't you imagine how my evening is going to be? I barely sleep....

I mean to go to gigs, writing on here, meet you guys. When it comes to travel around the world ... I'd like to, but it's all about money, so I hope I could do it one day or another.

I don't mean to let it go, I'm really into this, I'm making friends here on mfc and feel so happy. :wub2:

For me, it wasn't his pretty face. It was his kindness, his personality, his mind. His way of speaking the truth without hurting people. His cleverness, his ironiy and subtlety. His way of moving, his looks, his glances. And a lot more, which I can't describe by words.

I never watched X factor. I just happend to run into it one day, he was speaking and he captured me. Now I'm trying to catch up with everything, most of all watching videos about him, since I'm interestedin him as a man. Just found out about the Vlog, can't you imagine how my evening is going to be? I barely sleep....

I mean to go to gigs, writing on here, meet you guys. When it comes to travel around the world ... I'd like to, but it's all about money, so I hope I could do it one day or another.

I don't mean to let it go, I'm really into this, I'm making friends here on mfc and feel so happy. :wub2:

:thumb_yello: What a lovely upsumming!! :wub2: That's MIKA in a nutshell - for both old and new fans - it's exactly like that, once you've got to know him, you're lost!! :blush-anim-cl: His pretty face is just a little bonus - added to all his other good qualities ... :mikadas:

Love,love

me

Well said! I've been a fan of his since 2007, but I do not think of myself as better than those who found him yesterday.

Still, that doesn't mean that all those who have bought his album are necessarily fans. LICM sold millions in the UK and was in the top 20 for over a year, but less people bought TBWKTM and even less, TOOL. So a lot of those people were not real fans, because they didn't remain loyal to Mika, they just went after the next big thing and ignored our wonderful man.

So a fan is someone who is loyal. They don't have to be going to all the concerts, they don't have to know his middle name. They just have to stand by him as much as they can and there is no time limit to when they get to love him. In my view, all fans are equal.