Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 4m4 minutes ago

I am thrilled to announce release of live recording CD from my 3 shows with @OSMConcerts last week! Due out late 2015 #staytuned #MikaOSM

:cheer::cheer:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :dance_man::dance_man::dance_man::dance_man:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 4m4 minutes ago

I am thrilled to announce release of live recording CD from my 3 shows with @OSMConcerts last week! Due out late 2015 #staytuned #MikaOSM

:cheer::cheer:

Really glad to see this official confirmation!! :clap: I can't put into words how happy I am to get to be able to hear this wonderful concert in good quality :woot_jump:

On Facebook

MIKA

We know we haven't used the mailing list in an age, BUT - we will be sending out mailers again! We have one next week in fact, packed with lots of good stuff, some news and a competition - so make sure you're signed up, you don't want to miss out... http://po.st/MikaSignUp

On Facebook

MIKA

We know we haven't used the mailing list in an age, BUT - we will be sending out mailers again! We have one next week in fact, packed with lots of good stuff, some news and a competition - so make sure you're signed up, you don't want to miss out... http://po.st/MikaSignUp

I´m wondering how many of us will get this mail as the site is so broken. I never got anything from mikasounds.com since they changed it. For the case I signed up for the 100th time.

But in other words it´s starting now :wink2:, promotion is starting now :woot_jump:

I´m wondering how many of us will get this mail as the site is so broken. I never got anything from mikasounds.com since they changed it. For the case I signed up for the 100th time.

But in other words it´s starting now :wink2:, promotion is starting now :woot_jump:

Really exciting I must say:thumb_yello:

Signed up again as I don't know if the old sign-up is still active :thumb_yello:

But why can't they post this in a news post that comes up in the normal Timeline on Facebook? Why all the time only in posts you only catch if you have enabled the notifications? I wouldn't be arsed to enable notifications for other artists that I like but where I'm not an "active" fan. Still I'm interested in them and liked them for a reason on FB, I want to get to know it if something happens. But if Mika would have been one of this artists, I would never have read this post or other news.

And even if you have the notifications enabled these posts are not recognizable. As I'm not interested in photos of Mika I would miss half of the news without MFC and Twitter, as the message is all the time only "MIKA added a new photo". Mostly it's only a photo, but sometimes an important message is "hidden". How can you expect that a normal person who is no hardcore-fan will read it?

Edit: *lol* After this rant the post with the ticket sale in Japan appeared in my normal Timeline. First post in ages. Maybe I should have bitched earlier :naughty:

Edited by DerMoment1608

Signed up again as I don't know if the old sign-up is still active :thumb_yello:

But why can't they post this in a news post that comes up in the normal Timeline on Facebook? Why all the time only in posts you only catch if you have enabled the notifications? I wouldn't be arsed to enable notifications for other artists that I like but where I'm not an "active" fan. Still I'm interested in them and liked them for a reason on FB, I want to get to know it if something happens. But if Mika would have been one of this artists, I would never have read this post or other news.

And even if you have the notifications enabled these posts are not recognizable. As I'm not interested in photos of Mika I would miss half of the news without MFC and Twitter, as the message is all the time only "MIKA added a new photo". Mostly it's only a photo, but sometimes an important message is "hidden". How can you expect that a normal person who is no hardcore-fan will read it?

Edit: *lol* After this rant the post with the ticket sale in Japan appeared in my normal Timeline. First post in ages. Maybe I should have bitched earlier :naughty:

Because when they have your email address, they can send you emails about other artists/products as well. Plus they know the demographics of people who sign up whichbis quite convenient.

Because when they have your email address, they can send you emails about other artists/products as well. Plus they know the demographics of people who sign up whichbis quite convenient.

No, this was a misunderstanding, I meant the notifications on FB you have to enable to see that MIKA Facebook page posted something (like the message that we should subscribe to the newsletter), it doesn't come up in the normal news feed on FB.

No, this was a misunderstanding, I meant the notifications on FB you have to enable to see that MIKA Facebook page posted something (like the message that we should subscribe to the newsletter), it doesn't come up in the normal news feed on FB.

It happened to me too. Then I had to search for his page on FB almost every day to see if there was anything new. :doh: But now everytime I log in "Mika post" is first one in my news feed :blink: Not that I mind:wink2:

Blame facebook for that... i don't know on what they base the timeline they show you, but it never shows me mika's posts either. :aah:

It happened to me too. Then I had to search for his page on FB almost every day to see if there was anything new. :doh: But now everytime I log in "Mika post" is first one in my news feed :blink: Not that I mind:wink2:

Blame facebook for that... i don't know on what they base the timeline they show you, but it never shows me mika's posts either. :aah:

If you've pressed the like button, it should show you notifications when they come on FB. The only times I haven't seen them is when they were geocached to a certain country. It's odd that you aren't seeing them if you have liked the page.

I usually just check on here for everything Mika. It all gets on here anyway. I don't have fb and don't bother with twitter now.

I'm interested in the bit that says "some news." I hope it's good news.

In other words, I hope it's not just something in Italy or France that he's announcing.

I wait with bated breath for something I can get really excited about, like some promotion in the UK, or just something in English, so that I don't have to pester my Google translator. It needs a rest.

If you've pressed the like button, it should show you notifications when they come on FB. The only times I haven't seen them is when they were geocached to a certain country. It's odd that you aren't seeing them if you have liked the page.

i've turned on the notifications for mika, so i get them in the notifications list. and probably they're also somewhere on my timeline, but never so much at the top that i see them. just because fb has their own way of sorting the tl, instead of showing the most recent posts first. :sneaky2:

I wait with bated breath for something I can get really excited about, like some promotion in the UK, or just something in English, so that I don't have to pester my Google translator. It needs a rest.

:thumb_yello::naughty: that would indeed be nice for a change.

i've turned on the notifications for mika, so i get them in the notifications list. and probably they're also somewhere on my timeline, but never so much at the top that i see them. just because fb has their own way of sorting the tl, instead of showing the most recent posts first. :sneaky2:

Yes, I get the notifications as well as I've turned them on. My point is about non-appearing posts in the timeline. I didn't turn on the notifications for any other artist, so everything I know about them is what comes up on my timeline. And this is probably the case for all non-hardcore-fans of Mika, too. So they will see nothing at all about Mika. It's not about me getting the news, I'm just imaging what news I would get about Mika if I'd be a "normal" fan.

And it's worrying me a bit, because from other artists I get news in my newsfeed, but not from Mika.

It's not the sorting mechanism of the timeline, I've the setting that my newsfeed is sorted by recent posts, not by top stories. It's rather the sorting mechanism that decides if a post goes into the timeline in general. From what I've read it depends on paying and the kind of the post. Although I don't really know how it really works. But I have the feeling that written messages rather end up in the newsfeed and pictures not. Therefore I don't think it's good to post important news as a "caption" for a picture, it gets sorted out.

It's okay that single pictures or song lyrics don't end up in the newsfeed. But posts with real news should end up there, so something in managing the page should be different.

(@mellody If you want sort after recent posts: You can change the settings on the desktop version if you click on the arrow next to news [Neuigkeiten] and choose recent posts [Neueste Meldungen]. On the official FB App it's not possible anymore though, they kicked it out (most stupid thing ever :mad3:), so your only chance is using the mobile browser version or an external app (like Simple Facebook) )

:thumb_yello::naughty: that would indeed be nice for a change.

I've not had Google Translator for long, and find it very useful. But I really appreciate the team of translators on this site because GT usually translates stuff into English-as-spoken-by-Yoda, but the translators here make it make more sense.

So I usually read it with the translator first, because I'm impatient, then wait for the translators.

So thank you Team Translators.

Hopefully, with the next news, you'll be able to have a rest too, because it will be about something happening in the English speaking countries.

Oh... I just saw a herd of pigs flying across the UK sky.