Mika @ Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October 2015

mari62

^ Ah, that's good then :) I assumed the presale had sold out from the comments I've been seeing on Facebook & Twitter.

I guess some people got tickets in their basket,then gave up,that's why all this available-not available game  :)

I think pre sale tickets should have been done on here, not FB, that give touts a chance to grab them and rip people off. Then if fans there want to come here for tickets they can become members, and our numbers go up. Everybody wins (except the touts of course  :) )

I think pre sale tickets should have been done on here, not FB, that give touts a chance to grab them and rip people off. Then if fans there want to come here for tickets they can become members, and our numbers go up. Everybody wins (except the touts of course  :) )

I'm agree with you Rose, normaly presales are only for fan club. And one thing which upset me is that I saw some people who bought tickets only to sale it £249 on a special website  :sneaky2:

I'm agree with you Rose, normaly presales are only for fan club. And one thing which upset me is that I saw some people who bought tickets only to sale it £249 on a special website  :sneaky2:

Was that on Stub Hub? They are notorious for snatching tickets from fan sales, and ripping them off later.

I really don't know why the link was put on FB - it seems unfair and it wasn't the way it's been done in the past ... I think they need to rethink that for the future ... put up the fact they go on sale for general release on Friday but Presale should be for here ... if you can't be bothered to sign up here for the chance of early tickets like in the past - that's your problem ... it's not fair on MFC members.

I agree with all of you. This is his official fanclub. FB is more generalised, as is Twitter. Any perks should be for fans who have taken the trouble to  join this forum.

I never use FB anyway, and rarely use Twitter. Alan and I share his account on Twitter now. It wasn't worth having two accounts.

Have we stopped putting presale links in the Members Only section now then?

Rose, there was no point in putting it in the Members Only section this time, when someone published it HERE 15 minutes before the presale started -- thanks so much :sneaky2:

-- and when Team Mika published it on Facebook for the whole world to see. I have tried to explain to them before that that is a sure-fire way to give the touts a head's up, but they continue to do it, so what can we do?

I really don't know why the link was put on FB - it seems unfair and it wasn't the way it's been done in the past ... I think they need to rethink that for the future ... put up the fact they go on sale for general release on Friday but Presale should be for here ... if you can't be bothered to sign up here for the chance of early tickets like in the past - that's your problem ... it's not fair on MFC members.

Actually Laurel, that's exactly how it's been done in the past. They have advertised the presale on Mika's FB page how many times now? The one time that we had the link, they told everyone on Facebook to come to MFC and it slowed the site down to the point where no one could get online here. As long as they advertise the presale on Facebook, we are competing with the world for these presale tickets, so there's no point in calling it a fan presale. :no:

It's outrageous. Front Row center seats:

https://www.seatwave.com/Checkout?tsgId=14978599&qty=2

How can they let this happen? :mad3:

• Like 2

I don't think Team Mika understand the 'fan presale' concept. :teehee:

Or maybe they like to do it this way to create drama and panic around a Mika concert. Makes it look like he's so popular people are going crazy to get tickets.

• Like 2

Or maybe they like to do it this way to create drama and panic around a Mika concert. Makes it look like he's so popular people are going crazy to get tickets.

I think you are right about that. Not creating drama exactly (don't think they enjoy fan drama to be honest :lmfao:) but definitely the number one priority is making Mika appear in demand and selling as many tickets as possible to whomever wants to take them. Up to 1/3 of the tickets for the North American tour in 2013 went straight onto Stubhub. But Mika was able to brag to everyone that he'd sold out his American shows so no one cares if the fans who desperately tried to get tickets when they went on sale got shut out.

I am really sorry to hear that some fans bought dress circle when they didn't want them, out of desperation. Selling 280 tickets at a time creates an artificial demand and there will surely be better tickets available on Friday because they will release another 1200. Hopefully there is real demand in London for a Mika gig and not this artificial demand created by a limited number of tickets on sale and many hardcore fans coming from overseas. Maybe then you can trade up for some better seats without losing any money.

I really wish Team Mika would either stop doing these presales or use Ticketmaster exclusively. If there hadn't been so many technical glitches with See Tickets (which has been a completely useless ticket agent in all the time I've been a Mika fan) then at least tickets would have been allocated on a first come/first serve basis. As it was people had tickets in their basket and they were snatched from them due to unnecessary credit card declines, some weird rule they have about not having a second browser open, time-outs when the clock was still running, etc. etc. Then of course there are problems with the tickets after you purchase them. They don't get mailed out on time, they are not given to people before the doors open, etc.

I don't see the point in doing sales like this. It just wastes everyone's time - the fans and Team Mika. This is the #1 reason I decided not to go to the Montreal shows. I am just tired of this hassle. I never ever have these ticketing problems with other artists.

• Like 3

Rose, there was no point in putting it in the Members Only section this time, when someone published it HERE 15 minutes before the presale started -- thanks so much :sneaky2:

-- and when Team Mika published it on Facebook for the whole world to see. I have tried to explain to them before that that is a sure-fire way to give the touts a head's up, but they continue to do it, so what can we do?

Well tbh if noone had posted it HERE 15 minutes before time, then none of us would have had tickets, as the link on fb was up way before the MFC link apparently. I'm not personally too disappointed with my tickets, I haven't been to a gig in 3 years so any ticket is a great ticket for me, but it really annoys me to see that the best tickets went to random ####ers.

• Like 1

I managed to get one - far away in Row N :shocked: , and then they were all gone :(. That was SO quick I'm sure lots of touts got hold of them, boo. Hope you get something on Friday in the general sale. x

I'm in row N too

• Like 1

Only 280 tickets on sale today? Wow, I didn't realise that. I was gutted as I had 2 in stalls row D and lost them as I had issues with credit card page. Almost bought them in dress circle but decided to wait until Friday. Fingers crossed for then.

Only 280 tickets on sale today? Wow, I didn't realise that. I was gutted as I had 2 in stalls row D and lost them as I had issues with credit card page. Almost bought them in dress circle but decided to wait until Friday. Fingers crossed for then.

You're not alone, Caroline. I had 4 tickets in row H, and tried 3 different credit cards, but none were accepted. :sad:

The system timed out and I couldn't complete the purchase.

So happy to be going! Row H 14, 15, 16. I'm wondering if the first, say, 3 rows were available on presale at all. At 9am SHARP I refreshed the page and got row 8 (H). It's outrageous what's happening on seatwave and other sites. Anyway, couldn't be happier it's a seated gig. Sadler's Wells was my first one ever, all seated too and it was unforgettable <3

• Like 2

You're not alone, Caroline. I had 4 tickets in row H, and tried 3 different credit cards, but none were accepted. :sad:

The system timed out and I couldn't complete the purchase.

exactly the same for me  :doh: We could have been next to eachother  :sneaky2:

So happy to be going! Row H 14, 15, 16. I'm wondering if the first, say, 3 rows were available on presale at all. At 9am SHARP I refreshed the page and got row 8 (H). It's outrageous what's happening on seatwave and other sites. Anyway, couldn't be happier it's a seated gig. Sadler's Wells was my first one ever, all seated too and it was unforgettable <3

1st row was available, I lost them since I had another window opened

just fyi for friday, what i remember from ticketmaster, they also don't allow to have several browser windows opened with their site while you buy tickets. but at least i hope they get the credit card stuff right. xD

• Like 2

So, how does one do a trade up?

Have to buy better tickets and try to unload the ones you don't want.  :hair:  If people in London are really dying to see Mika you should be able to sell dress circle tickets. But if it was just a couple of hundred people creating this frenzy today then it might not be so easy. I am sure the gig will sell out but it's a lot easier to sell tickets if you are Ticketmaster or the venue than it is as an individual. Many will see the show is sold out and give up. They are not necessarily going to come looking for your dress circle tickets.

Stubhub is the go-to place for spare tickets in North America so it's a good way to sell tickets that are in demand. Don't know what it's like in the UK for the reseller market though.

Have to buy better tickets and try to unload the ones you don't want.  :hair:  If people in London are really dying to see Mika you should be able to sell dress circle tickets. But if it was just a couple of hundred people creating this frenzy today then it might not be so easy. I am sure the gig will sell out but it's a lot easier to sell tickets if you are Ticketmaster or the venue than it is as an individual. Many will see the show is sold out and give up. They are not necessarily going to come looking for your dress circle tickets.

I already have dress circle tickets that are probably impossible to sell... I bought them because I was worried I won't have any tickets (it was such a stress to buy them) but managed to buy another set buying later 2+2. I'm bringing my family and they are okay with dress circle but I can't ask the kids to sit too far away, there's no point traveling to London and not seeing anything. I will try my luck one more time on Friday but I won't buy another set unless the seats are clearly better, this is getting too expensive. 

• Like 1

Aw I feel bad that so many people had troubles with the pre-sale I'm just glad I managed to get a seat for me and my friend. They're not great but it's my first gig and I guess we'll just have to be rocking it all the way back in row J!!! And I hope more UK MFCs get the tickets they want on Friday too...

• Like 1