Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

12 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

There's a sweet shop near me that sells them all year round! :biggrin2:

I need to visit this shop😱 b & m is probably selling them already... I shall have a look over the weekend. Here's a question for you all - what's better, M&S chicky choccy speckled eggs or the Cadbury mini eggs?

9 minutes ago, goose said:

I need to visit this shop😱

People do come from far and wide to visit this shop, it's quite well known and quite old, probably not far off it's 100th birthday or there abouts! They do sell some branded sweets but any other you can think of they probably have it!

12 minutes ago, goose said:

what's better, M&S chicky choccy speckled eggs or the Cadbury mini eggs?

My local M&S closed down around 2 years ago so I never really got the chance to try many of their selection of sweets. So I can't answer this :(

(and they have such a wider selection now that I really want to try, might take a trip to the next nearest M&S!)

I do like Cadbury's though :licks_lips:

And those mini mini eggs too...

And now I'm peckish :biggrin2:

Americans….and maybe others, later….watching Cyndi Lauper Live….at Last on ps. OMYGOD. Watch it if you can. It will probably be repeated or on Passport.

PS Late to the party as usual….:facepalm: The concert was in 2094 and there is a dvd.

Edited by QueenBigFat

10 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Americans….and maybe others, later….watching Cyndi Lauper Live….at Last on ps. OMYGOD. Watch it if you can. It will probably be repeated or on Passport.

PS Late to the party as usual….:facepalm: The concert was in 2094 and there is a dvd.

2014?

Did you ever see her cover of Joni Mitchell's "Carey" ?

On 12/29/2023 at 7:16 AM, silver said:

2014?

I have to find it but I will tell you that in this concert FROM 2004 :doh:she stood on the piano, lay down on her back on the piano, and walked down into and through the crowd!!! Sound like anyone? From the beginning of finding out about Mika I have been thinking of her. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
Edited to add: From the beginning she struggled to be her own person and fought with her record label until she could be. Also familiar. I just love her. Perfect pitch too. The dvd has been available for years.
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:16 AM, silver said:

Saw it! She is such an internal singer, almost trance-like. In that way quite the opposite of Mika. 

Edited by QueenBigFat

Strangely* today I've actually been thinking about venus fly traps, I guess because I plan on going to a lovely garden center in a couple of weeks and maybe I'll find one there!

But then I couldn't believe that this ad you shared @QueenBigFat came on the TV today!

On 12/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, QueenBigFat said:

Today I saw this commercial on the toob. It’s called “who gets you” (which appears to be a theme on MFC), and it’s about a guy whose plant dies….well, here, you can watch it for yourself…..:lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vMQ-j0x5o

Definitely taking it as a sign that I'll find a venus fly trap soon! :biggrin2:

Either that or I'll meet my future partner in a garden center... :lmfao:

*is it though?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Strangely* today I've actually been thinking about venus fly traps, I guess because I plan on going to a lovely garden center in a couple of weeks and maybe I'll find one there!

But then I couldn't believe that this ad you shared @QueenBigFat came on the TV today!

Definitely taking it as a sign that I'll find a venus fly trap soon! :biggrin2:

Either that or I'll meet my future partner in a garden center... :lmfao:

*is it though?

That is too hilarious !If you meet your future partner there let us hope that they get you like this guy's person gets him. I mean, awwwww, little baby Venus Flytraps!

When I saw the ad yesterday, I thought of you. We have this bond now. The Venus Flytrap bond.:punk:

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 2

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone else like drinking vinegar? I bought a couple of jars of pickled mini silverskin onions (pearl onions) to have with the Christmas cheeses, and I can not stop drinking the vinegar! It's so moreish! Any others in the pickle juice gang? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone else like drinking vinegar? I bought a couple of jars of pickled mini silverskin onions (pearl onions) to have with the Christmas cheeses, and I can not stop drinking the vinegar! It's so moreish! Any others in the pickle juice gang? 

You can have the juice, I will eat the pickles :biggrin2: close enough? 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hero said:

I also like the vinegar from jars with vegetables.😅 I try to stop myself from drinking it like that because it's too much for my stomach and I get heartburn. I pour it over the pasta instead, then I don't need to make a sauce. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I pour it over the pasta instead, then I don't need to make a sauce. :biggrin2:

Oooh, that sounds good! Frugal too. Good idea! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Totally random - someone left a comment on our YouTube video about the MFC Tour Boat in Paris, and I went to YT to reply... which meant that I had to watch the video itself. :tears: What a happy memory. Somehow, it seemed appropriate to me to remember that truly GOOD DAY here at the beginning of a new year. Reminded me of just how much I love this fan club, and all of you who make it what it is -- whether you were there in Paris or not. So thank you!

And here it is if you need a dose of "feel good" too! :)  Thank you @Ceriise  for putting it together!

• Like 10

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Totally random - someone left a comment on our YouTube video about the MFC Tour Boat in Paris, and I went to YT to reply... which meant that I had to watch the video itself. :tears: What a happy memory. Somehow, it seemed appropriate to me to remember that truly GOOD DAY here at the beginning of a new year. Reminded me of just how much I love this fan club, and all of you who make it what it is -- whether you were there in Paris or not. So thank you!

And here it is if you need a dose of "feel good" too! :)  Thank you @Ceriise  for putting it together!

We had such a wonderful  time :wub2:

Thank you for sharing this video Deb :hug:

• Like 2

Umm how have I never seen this before and why would y'all keep this from me??! :swoon:

(Although now that I think about it, I think it was mentioned in that one competition last year when we had to figure out who's kissed Mika.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1