[The Voice] season-7, France - 2018

Kumazzz

Well .. It's official, Mennel leaves The Voice .. She just announced it in a small video on her Facebook page.

She said that she did not want to hurt anyone, and that the whole controversy surrounding her old comments touched her a lot and that because of that, she prefers to leave the adventure.

This is the first time a candidate leaves the show like that, so I really wonder how they will do, I think it's going to be really complicated ..  I do not know how far she went in the adventure, maybe those at the recordings can tell us now? But in any case it's not going to be easy ..

And Mika must be quite upset about that, especially since he seemed to really like her .. In any case it is a pity that it ends like that ..:(

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

VIDEO

Avant-première : cette nouvelle voix va vous ensorceler

Fermez les yeux et ouvrez grand les oreilles. Pour ce troisième prime, on vous fait découvrir une deuxième voix. Ecoutez son chant mélodieux. Attention, cette nouvelle voix va vous ensorceler sur un titre de Des'ree, "I'm kissing you". Rendez-vous samedi prochain pour un troisième prime de "The Voice" à partir de 21 heures

Preview: this new voice will bewitch you

Close your eyes and open your ears. For this third PRIME, you discover a second voice. Listen to his melodious song. Be careful, this new voice will bewitch you on a Des'ree title, "I'm kissing you". Appointment next Saturday for a third bonus of "The Voice" from 21 hours.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Anouchka.11 said:

Well .. It's official, Mennel leaves The Voice .. She just announced it in a small video on her Facebook page.

She said that she did not want to hurt anyone, and that the whole controversy surrounding her old comments touched her a lot and that because of that, she prefers to leave the adventure.

This is the first time a candidate leaves the show like that, so I really wonder how they will do, I think it's going to be really complicated ..  I do not know how far she went in the adventure, maybe those at the recordings can tell us now? But in any case it's not going to be easy ..

And Mika must be quite upset about that, especially since he seemed to really like her .. In any case it is a pity that it ends like that ..:(

All you say it's true @Anouchka.11

Here is the video :

It's such a pity.. well... I think she is sincere and that she didn't want to hurt anyone... but the polemic has been too far..

Mika will be very upset for sure ! :tears: Who knows how far she went in the adventure please ?

Anyway... it's very sad news ...

Edited by Happymika_by_celine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anouchka.11 said:

This is sad news. Sad news for her affecting her whole life and sad news for Mika's team and puts him in a very difficult situation as a coach (and gives him extra worries now when he's finally supposed to be focusing on making music). The production just has to deal with it and to replace her, it's quite complicated,  and he has to handle the situation.

• Like 3

I think she was still in the show, but fans who attended the recordings should know more.

It must be very difficult now for Mika to be left without one of his best contestant and having to change all the plans for his team.

6 hours ago, Siri said:

This link doesn't work for me :dunno:

Isn't "heart" = "corazón" without -e? 

Thank you for corazón ! 

Actually it's a file to add on a video you already have.

I will post the Vimeo version I have soon here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Anouchka.11 said:

I saw many Tweets today who want the coaches to defend Mennel. I think if the coaches would say anything it would go worse because whatever they could say there will be people screaming at them. I´m sorry for Mennel and hope it won´t influence her whole life too much in the future.

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

I saw many Tweets today who want the coaches to defend Mennel. I think if the coaches would say anything it would go worse because whatever they could say there will be people screaming at them. I´m sorry for Mennel and hope it won´t influence her whole life too much in the future.

Some people have already started to tweet him saying they are disappointed because he didn't defend her. Whatever he'll do there will be some people screaming at him. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Wait wait wait, hold on... What's going on with Mennel? I wasn't a lot on the internet in these days because I'm moving and such but why is she leaving? I heard something about terrorism but I'm not sure if I missunderstood what I read or not... :dunno:

2 hours ago, lormare73 said:

Some people have already started to tweet him saying they are disappointed because he didn't defend her. Whatever he'll do there will be some people screaming at him. :dunno:

:blink: Poor MIKA, I feel sorry for him - he really doesn't deserve to be thrown into  the middle of such a problem...:annoyed_h4h:  I hope it will all calm down asap...

Love, love

me

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

I agree. No matter what they could say, ppl would continue arguing. I think the production forbade the coach and everybody involved to speak about this subject to avoid further controversies.

1 hour ago, daItrick said:

Wait wait wait, hold on... What's going on with Mennel? I wasn't a lot on the internet in these days because I'm moving and such but why is she leaving? I heard something about terrorism but I'm not sure if I missunderstood what I read or not... :dunno:

If you read back here on this thread you will maybe understand better what happended. She wrote something back in time that could be interpreted in different ways, but even if she tried to explain, ppl continued accusing her, so she decided to leave 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Siri said:

If you read back here on this thread you will maybe understand better what happended. She wrote something back in time that could be interpreted in different ways, but even if she tried to explain, ppl continued accusing her, so she decided to leave 

Maybe it's the production that asked her to leave as in a way it's maybe the "less worse" solution for everyone

Now that it's over I think it's not spoiling .....she was selected for the live shows in Mika's team

Of course they can replace her for the live shows ,but what about the previous recordings?

It's almost impossible to clear her perfomances, because they'd have to clear her contestant's as well ,that is very unfair for them.

Now that it's (or seems to be) her decision it's maybe easier to explain to spectators that everything was done before the affair and that they can't remove her

That could be kind of a fair arrangement as she'd still appear twice with kind of "calm down" situation (as obviously she'd probably be eliminated after the first show)

Don't know if it's true but saw somewhere that the contestants were awared by the production to clean their social accounts and remove every pictures or comments that could be controversial

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Now that it's over I think it's not spoiling .....she was selected for the live shows in Mika's team

Really? I heard that she was in Florent Pagny's team after the duels (?) 

Anyway I don't think they'll delete her, as you said, it wouldn't be fair for other contestants and it's prerecordered, so...not sure they'll replace her, I don't think so, but we will see!

Maybe it's better for her to leave, do you imagine being on live show with so many haters? What if somebody physically attacked her? Don't know if it's her free decision or the production invited her to do so, but I agree, maybe it's "less worse" that way

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ewa12 said:

http://www.cerisefm.fr/news/l-instant-the-voice-197/1 

I don't know if someone posted it before. I'm not sure but from next week there will be some radio broadcast with interviews or something on Thursday and Friday :wink2: 

Thanks a million for posting !

fr.png.431c44e377a43fc659be390372cabf4a.

Spoiler

À partir de la semaine prochaine, découvrez votre chronique "L'instant The Voice" sur Cerise FM.
Les jeudis et vendredis à 8h50 et 17h50, retrouvez une interview des coachs ou des candidats, en partenariat avec Les Indés Radios.

Faites aussi le plein d'informations The Voice sur le site internet de Cerise FM :

gb.png.f83af71c474455eb60b37d788a77ad90.

Spoiler

Starting next week, check out your "The Moment The Voice" column on Cerise FM.
Thursdays and Fridays at 8:50 and 17:50, find an interview with coaches or candidates, in partnership with Les Indés Radios.
Also stock up on The Voice information on the Cerise FM website:

• Thanks 1

BBC news about Mennel

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe

Spoiler

mennel.thumb.jpg.a508e751c24887ae6aec19b27cbd432d.jpg

French Muslim singer quits TV show amid row over online posts

A Muslim singer who became an internet sensation following her performance on France's The Voice has quit the TV show after being criticised for comments she had made on social media.

In one post, Mennel Ibtissem, 22, had expressed doubts about the terrorist nature of the 2016 Nice lorry attack.

She said the message from the day after the attack was taken out of context.

A video of her singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah had gone viral, being watched 900,000 times on YouTube.

The social media comments, which have now been deleted, emerged after her acclaimed performance on the programme.

French media reported that in a post about the attack in Nice, in which 86 people were killed on Bastille Day, she said: "It has become a routine, one attack a week!

"And to always remain faithful the 'terrorist' took his identity papers with him. It's true that, when you're planning a dirty move, you don't forget to take your papers."

The message reportedly included the hashtag "#PrenezNousPourDesCons", meaning "take us for idiots".

The driver of the lorry was identified as a 31-year-old Tunisian man.

Weeks later, after men burst into a church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray killing an elderly priest, she said: "The real terrorist is our government."

The comments sparked a social media storm, with some users saying it was an insult to the victims of the Nice attack. The association of the victims said they were "unacceptable" (statement in French).

Pressure also piled on broadcaster TF1, The Voice's producers, to remove the singer from the competition.

Others, however, came to the singer's defence, saying she was being unfairly targeted for being a Muslim.

After the posts emerged, Ms Ibtissem apologised, saying she "obviously condemned terrorism". But on Friday, she announced she was leaving the programme.

In a video posted on Facebook in English she said: "I've never meant to hurt anyone and the idea that I would do it on purpose pains me a lot.

"[I'll] keep spreading my message of peace and tolerance, far from all types of fanaticism."

The announcement in French has been watched more than 500,000 times, with hundreds of users expressing support to her.

TF1 has not yet commented.

• Thanks 1

It reached this side of the pond...

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/television/201802/09/01-5153263-une-candidate-quitte-the-voice-dans-la-controverse.php

nothing new in the article.

I think it’s good that the coaches are staying away from the controversy. They have nothing to do with it, the production should do a better screening of candidates.

I’m curious to see what they are going to do with the pre-taped shows. Some huge work might be needed

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1