Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Doesn’t every artist? It’s like a chapter in your life and after that, it’s closed. You may have learned from it, you may have had fun with it, you may have made mistakes, you may have created something beautiful… but in the end, it is behind you. And you move on. 

(Projecting here :facepalm:)

In a way, yes... but not every artist has a shredder in their frames like Banksy. :naughty: Closing a chapter and moving on is one thing, but destroying what you have created is another. I don't suppose you've used your drawings to light your chimney? :teehee: (which brings us back to the love that feels like fire, lol! :roftl:). That's why I'm saying, the Imaginarium Tour, the Revelation Tour... he destroyed the stage sets after he had finished these tours, but they went on for several months before that happened, growing and evolving over time. And I also love it if it's a project that he stays part of for a while. Like those huge shows might have been released on DVD, but one evening isn't enough to take it all in, when everything is happening at once, and watching it on video will never be the same as experiencing it live. (I still would have loved a DVD of the Imaginarium Tour 😅). To say it with Mika's image of a garden, I like it when he shows us around in his garden, guides us to discover its secrets, and to see his eyes shining when he sees that people love his work. :wub2: When winter comes, it'll all fade away, but until then we can enjoy the garden and how it changes throughout the year. And not him opening the door, quickly saying hello, disappearing, and the next day mowing it all down with a combine harvester (thanks @Hero for that image from the maze contest, lol! :lmfao:). :naughty:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

while when he says "a world to step into", I'd expect it to be something bigger, where I can take my time to look around and indulge in it.

It's interesting, I hadn't thought of it before, but when I read your sentence my mind immediately jumped to the "A Roof for Silence" project and the Etel Adnan reading he did. Creating a world influenced by the use of sound. 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't suppose you've used your drawings to light your chimney? :teehee: (which brings us back to the love that feels like fire, lol! :roftl:). That's why I'm saying, the Imaginarium Tour, the Revelation Tour... he destroyed the stage sets after he had finished these tours

I haven’t (yet), although I have contemplated to tear them apart and make a mosaic out of them. When you finish something there is a certain gratitude and contempt at the same time which may bring you to destroy it. I can imagine that. But then again, I’m projecting, this may not be true for him at all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I haven’t (yet), although I have contemplated to tear them apart and make a mosaic out of them. When you finish something there is a certain gratitude and contempt at the same time which may bring you to destroy it. I can imagine that. But then again, I’m projecting, this may not be true for him at all.

When I think of Casa Mika, I can imagine that he destroyed all the stage objects there to make emotional space for something new: That chapter is now closed and I want space for something new.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:04 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I wonder if Mika can be in Paris to prerecord 300 choirs show...

Yes, as it was prerecorded this week, I suppose that's why he was there. Anyway from the description that show rather sounds to me like they'll sing well-known hits, so it's probably rather GK or HE than a new song. :rolleyes: Did they record it without an audience? Or maybe they just recorded parts of it? Or the choirs who didn't sing in that moment were the audience... if it's 300 choirs, it should be enough people. :naughty:

So on the 10th we'll have the Piano recording and on the 11th the broadcast of the 300 choirs thing - I wonder if we'll get news around that time, even if he might sing an old song at that French show ... but if he appears on TV, it might be a good time for announcements. Ok in fact I'm just impatient and as much as I try to have zero expectations, it's really hard when nothing is happening for so long. :dunno_grin: Not even walks with his dogs anymore. :wait: I mean, I'm totally happy if he keeps us entertained with things like that, while we're waiting. Or like that private gig in Luxembourg that he did, why doesn't he share some stuff about such performances? Even if he does gigs like that just for the money, but I think it makes such a difference if we just get news about him from random sources on the internet or if he tells about it himself. The latter feels a lot more like he wants to stay in touch with his fans, and imo that's so important. Well, I guess the time we have now would have been the time when he used to disappear completely in the past, so probably we can feel lucky to get anything from him at all these days. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, as it was prerecorded this week, I suppose that's why he was there.  Did they record it without an audience? Or maybe they just recorded parts of it?

I read people on IG saying that they took part at the recordings on 11 October as well, so I guess it was prerecorded on several days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

:lmfao:Wait a minute. This is for the 2021 festival... 

399912680_Screenshot_20221104-195710_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.23eb9f5b8e01ec8323090320abcb5385.jpg

Either they're very slow in taking it down, or Mika is up to shenanigans. 🤔🤪😂

Edited by Hero
Do we know anyone in Athens who can confirm if the banner is still there? 🥸
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

399912680_Screenshot_20221104-195710_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.23eb9f5b8e01ec8323090320abcb5385.jpg

:lmfao:

I really hope Mika is not lying to us. :lol3:

:bye: Mika

You wouldn't do that, would you? :annoyed:😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Ha ha ha! I found this place on the Google Map. But photos of the exact entrance is from....2014!

And the banners are different. Of course.

Hey Google map! Update your photos!!!! We need to check the current banners!

image.thumb.png.0570211c369ea15eb38069356e860d60.png

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Prisca said:

:lmfao:

I really hope Mika is not lying to us. :lol3:

:bye: Mika

You wouldn't do that, would you? :annoyed:😅

17 hours ago, Hero said:

False alarm peeps, as you were. I've been told that banners are generally slow to be changed. So yes, it seems he is actually there. Well, he was earlier today at least! :lmfao:

But *that* slow, over a year?! :blink: How often & when is this festival? If it's once a year in summer, they'd surely have changed it for the 2022 one? Maybe he included one old clip in his reel, from that festival entrance... or it's all old videos but he is actually in Athens now, so he's just illustrating current events with old videos? :dunno_grin: I mean, technically he didn't say that he's in Athens, so even if it's old, he's not lying... but why would he keep such videos for a year or even longer and then not even say that it was filmed when he was there last year - I'm confused now. :blink:

What surprises me the most is the sound of cicadas in November… you can hear them usually when it’s 30+ degrees, and looking at temperatures in Athens these days they’re around 17/20 degrees 🤔

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hero said:

maybe they're a old posters :dunno:

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, virgi said:

What surprises me the most is the sound of cicadas in November… you can hear them usually when it’s 30+ degrees, and looking at temperatures in Athens these days they’re around 17/20 degrees 🤔

Actually they had 27°C for several days this week, this happened also here in Romania. It was hot, very unusual for November :original:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, virgi said:

And the place is quite empty. No tourists. Well, maybe he was running early in the morning?  But do cicadas are so noisy in the morning?

I am confused 😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I'm confused now. :blink:

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am confused 😭😭😭😭😭

The obvious explanation... Mika's thoughts when he's posting: "how can I confuse my fans the most?" :lmfao: As always, he's so considerate and doesn't want us to get bored here on this thread. :naughty:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, mellody said:

The obvious explanation... Mika's thoughts when he's posting: "how can I confuse my fans the most?" :lmfao: As always, he's so considerate and doesn't want us to get bored here on this thread. :naughty:

Well, I prefer to think that sometimes there are things he cannot share with us but he want to stay connected with us. So he posts anything and then he reads our comments with a big smile on his face :lol3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I prefer to think that sometimes there are things he cannot share with us but he want to stay connected with us. So he posts anything and then he reads our comments with a big smile on his face :lol3:

Haha, well the last part is what I mean, big smile because he managed to confuse us again. :naughty: He could have just written "I filmed this last year" or something - but yeah, a) he's Mr. Mysterious, and b) as we figured out, there's several options, we don't know if it's an old or a new video. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed that banner at all, but of course MFCers are very observant, and Mika knows that. :roftl: I guess I'll just trust him that it's a current video and he didn't even look at those banners closely because why would he bother if he just filmed it this week? :dunno_grin:That's what I prefer to think.

Anyway, if intentional or unintentional, he did give us something to discuss here - mission accomplished. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5