Mika is Missing: Fun Fan Theories

TinyLove_CJ

49 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

After consulting the experts (Italians from the northern regions :lol3:I have found that in northern Italy, a croissant (French) is referred to as a brioche, in other regions it is called cornetto (Italian for croissant). When I ordered a “cornetto” in Verona last month (northern Italy), I found out it’s called brioche on the menu, but they knew what I meant anyway: 

36D8923F-6B12-4FBE-91D1-C8F35901058E.jpeg.4c44f01350a3ca7cfcba14fabe279c35.jpeg

(Fun fact; this is the cafe belonging to the restaurant where Mika had dinner after the Verona concert. And as a true stalke……ehhh…..FAN, I had to try some of their food! 🤪)

Well I have learned something new today! (and it's coming up to 2 years of me learning Italian too 🙈)

That cornetto you had looks delicious! :licks_lips:

Now I'm wondering if I can get a cornetto (croissant) with an ice cream filling and enjoy both at the same time? 🤔

And now I'm hungry... 😅

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Do you have this strange feeling of excitement when Mika doesn't post for some time but we know that something is going to happen?

I have this now and I wonder if it's only me :bleh:

Happy Usa Network GIF by Suits 

I feel the same. I just think that something big is going to happen(mikasoon), and he stays away from social media just in case... . Some secrets can slip here and there... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So my wild theory where he might be and what he’s doing: 

He is taking a break from intermittent fasting and is enjoying a cornetto (because he’s in Italy) and a black coffee this Sunday morning and is looking out over the Adriatic Sea, because he’s in Trieste doing something mysterious for a next project. 

Or do you say brioche (instead of cornetto) in Trieste? 

I love that image. :wub2: Just him relaxing, and eating a croissant instead of doing workouts, but being able to enjoy it because he feels no pressure to look a certain way for Instagram.

And maybe you're even right with it, as he said in that interview last week, he doesn't compare himself to other artists anymore, and I hope that includes the high-polished IG photos he used to feel jealous of.

Btw my Italian learning app also taught me "cornetto" as the Italian word for Croissant. :teehee:

53 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I wonder if Mika meant "The Piano" by "not when but what". :dunno_grin:

Hm, but he already told people what it is when he signed autographs directly after the show, so he could just have said that. I doubt tho that this is what he meant by "next", because it's not his next project but one that's nearly finished, assuming that the event in London is the final.

But maybe he's filming more episodes for it these days? And ofc it's all top secret. :teehee:

• Like 3

I think he is in Tuscany now (or at least he was yesterday) because I saw some Instagram stories of a wedding of two of Fortuné's friends and I spotted Mika and some members of his family in them.^_^  I don't think it would be fair to post those pics and videos here since it was a private and personal event, so I won't do that. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Now I'm wondering if I can get a cornetto (croissant) with an ice cream filling and enjoy both at the same time? 🤔

It's a thing! :licks_lips:

328750_1_600.jpeg.14e46604d0b928359d6fc1861792f72a.jpeg

Searching 'Ice Cream Croissant' brought up quite a few different recipes!

Now to go and make a mess in the kitchen... 😅

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, SilviaM said:

I think he is in Tuscany now (or at least he was yesterday) because I saw some Instagram stories of a wedding of two of Fortuné's friends and I spotted Mika and some members of his family in them.^_^  I don't think it would be fair to post those pics and videos here since it was a private and personal event, so I won't do that. 

Thanks for the info, and for not sharing these photos & videos. Absolutely agree with you on this, tho I'd love to see a photo of him, after he hasn't given any sign of life for about a week - I always start to worry about him when he's quiet for so long and we have no idea why or what he's up to. Tho maybe a week isn't long, but it feels long. 😅

9 hours ago, MartaH said:

I feel the same. I just think that something big is going to happen(mikasoon), and he stays away from social media just in case... . Some secrets can slip here and there... 

I wish I could feel like that, sigh. To me it feels like he's preparing us for a long, tough Mika draught over the next few months, until he finally can say when his album is finished and ready to be released. And I don't expect that before next year. Maybe Spring. 🙄

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks for the info, and for not sharing these photos & videos. Absolutely agree with you on this, tho I'd love to see a photo of him, after he hasn't given any sign of life for about a week - I always start to worry about him when he's quiet for so long and we have no idea why or what he's up to. Tho maybe a week isn't long, but it feels long. 😅

I wish I could feel like that, sigh. To me it feels like he's preparing us for a long, tough Mika draught over the next few months, until he finally can say when his album is finished and ready to be released. And I don't expect that before next year. Maybe Spring. 🙄

He might be taking a break, he practices meditating, maybe he just need to disconnect a little bit from the online world and updating fans...

However, I am longing for every post and lifesign of our Golden Man, but I am not so worried yet ... As someone mentioned he is in Tuscany, might as well be working on some new material... Where he tends to work on new music? I guessed in his Miami house but he has a home studio in Italy as well... 

Just now, SereneLady said:

Where he tends to work on new music? I guessed in his Miami house but he has a home studio in Italy as well... 

Yes, he does. I think he was writing while he was in Miami last winter, but it seems most of the stuff he's written since then was in Tuscany. And maybe also in Paris (with collaborators on the French album), and he also talked about recording in Basel, in an interview a few months ago. And right now it's hurricane season, so I don't think he'd spend a lot of time in Miami at this time of the year (besides, he said last year (or was it 2 years ago?) that he loves fall, so he probably enjoys the climate in Tuscany these days).

• Like 3

23 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So my wild theory where he might be and what he’s doing: 

He is taking a break from intermittent fasting and is enjoying a cornetto (because he’s in Italy) and a black coffee this Sunday morning and is looking out over the Adriatic Sea, because he’s in Trieste doing something mysterious for a next project. 

Or do you say brioche (instead of cornetto) in Trieste? 

So I was almost right!

Brunch in Italy = lunch in NYC

Adriatic sea = a random river in Europe

:biggrin2:

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, SilviaM said:

I've seen some photos of Fortune on IG from a friends' wedding, but they were from 2 weeks ago... maybe they're not the same you saw :dunno_grin:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

I've seen some photos of Fortune on IG from a friends' wedding, but they were from 2 weeks ago... maybe they're not the same you saw :dunno_grin:

I have seen these photos too, from 2 weeks ago. Are there any newer?

Anyway, MIKA posted a new photo on insta <3

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, krysady said:

mikainstagram

When you are dressed for lunch in New York, travel, wake up and end up on a walk, in a river 🐕

🧑🏽‍💼➡️🧑🏽‍🌾

Screenshot (373).png

Screenshot (374).png

Screenshot (375).png

So he was in New York!

Is this his cousin on the photos? The one living in New York?

Of course Mika's post can't be straight and clear. Is he still in USA?

I would rather say no - except he took the Girls with him.

So maybe "travel" means traveling back to Europe.

Rubber boots are his favorite ones lately :wink2:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, krysady said:

Oh, that might be another wedding but I didn’t see anything, I must have missed that one 😂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So he was in New York!

Is this his cousin on the photos? The one living in New York?

Of course Mika's post can't be straight and clear. Is he still in USA?

I would rather say no - except he took the Girls with him.

So maybe "travel" means traveling back to Europe.

Yes, I'll call him Mr. Mysterious from now on. :naughty: That post brings up more new questions than it answers, lol! :lmfao: Does it mean the wedding was in New York, and not in Tuscany? Or it wasn't on Saturday, but a few days ago? Or is that picture that he posted today actually from today, or from last week, after he came back from New York? I agree with you that it's unlikely he brought the girls with him to New York. His cousin might have come to Europe, for the wedding or just for holiday. Besides, Mika's post sounds like he had lunch in NY (= evening in Europe), then got on a plane, slept there, and went on a walk as soon as he arrived (home in Tuscany, I suppose). Luckily he had time to change his shoes. :teehee: On the other hand, his hair doesn't look like he has slept on it (unless it was so cemented with hairspray that it just stayed the way it was styled for the lunch :naughty:). So, altogether:  :hypo:

@SilviaM are you sure the wedding was in Tuscany, did it say so in the stories you saw? Or did you just assume it?

Anyway it was a lovely surprise to see those photos this morning. :wub2: Just lovely photos for some fans, and generally good to see him, but at the same time he makes sure to keep this thread busy, so we won't run out of questions and theories. :roftl:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

@SilviaM are you sure the wedding was in Tuscany, did it say so in the stories you saw? Or did you just assume it?

Yes, a place in Tuscany was tagged in some of the stories! 
And my theory is: he was in NY a few days ago (for work maybe?) and then flew to Tuscany together with his cousin who was also invited to the wedding. And I guess the photos he posted today were taken in Tuscany short after they arrived.
The girls are in Italy because they were actually the first ones I spotted in a story and then I linked everything 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SilviaM said:

Yes, a place in Tuscany was tagged in some of the stories! 
And my theory is: he was in NY a few days ago (for work maybe?) and then flew to Tuscany together with his cousin who was also invited to the wedding. And I guess the photos he posted today were taken in Tuscany short after they arrived.
The girls are in Italy because they were actually the first ones I spotted in a story and then I linked everything 😂

Blame it on the girls :lmao: if you found out where Mika was :teehee: 

• Haha 7