2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

6 hours ago, Sweetieval said:

Unfortunately, I have no time to read the all thread and I have noticed in the last few pages sometihîng about « white sneakers » 🤔 Would somebody kindly explain me what you suggest for the show please ? Many thanks !

Honestly, I think think that place is symbolic in a more « classical musical world » and that we should ve rather be « smart dressed up » 😉

Hi! No, the white sneakers were for visiting Paris, not for the concert :wink2: It was an article about what to wear when you're a tourist in Paris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great news: I've finally booked an accommodation (I actually wanted to do it by the end of August at the latest, so I clearly missed my goal :facepalm:).

Anyway, I now have a place to stay and don't have to sleep under a bridge. :lol3:

In the end, I decided to come by car. It's the cheapest way for me and I'm also the most flexible. :original:

Of course, I also have to park my car somewhere, so I chose an accommodation a bit south of Paris where I can park my car for free. I then leave my car there all day and use public transport in Paris. :original:

I tell you, I was like that :hair: for a while today, since I didn't know how to chose an accommodation and what means of traffic to use. :aah: Too many options. :insane: I'm glad that's off my to-do list now. :sweatdrop:

By the way, thank you @Hero for your list. It is very helpful.:thumb_yello:

But I saw that you didn't mention anything about roaming fees. Now that the UK is no longer in the EU, you'll probably have to pay some, just like me. :aah:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Chiara loves Mika said:

Hi everyone, do you know if they’re going to maintain social distancing inside the venue or not? I read that rules have changed like two weeks ago for theatres but they already sold the tickets so… what do you guys think?

I don't know what the rules are, but at yesterday's gig some seats in the back stayed empty, someone told me they weren't allowed to give out the full amount of tickets. But in the occupied seats there was no social distancing, no empty seats in between, just in the back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know what the rules are, but at yesterday's gig some seats in the back stayed empty, someone told me they weren't allowed to give out the full amount of tickets. But in the occupied seats there was no social distancing, no empty seats in between, just in the back.

Oh ok thank you!! Maybe I should just write them an email, I’ll do it tomorrow 😉

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Did you have to wear a mask finaly ?

I was surprised to see some selfies and fans on the stage without mask 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Great news: I've finally booked an accommodation. 

Yayy! :clap:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

By the way, thank you @Hero for your list. It is very helpful.:thumb_yello:

But I saw that you didn't mention anything about roaming fees. Now that the UK is no longer in the EU, you'll probably have to pay some, just like me. :aah:

:doh: 

I need to check my contract, I think there's an allowance but I might need to buy an add-on. Of course, everything is currently saved digitally, so I'll need to use it if only to access tickets, health pass, Google maps etc. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else still deciding what to wear? :hair: I still need new stuff, all my regular clothes are shabby and worn thin or have tears and holes from my cats claws. Trouble is there's no shops near me now, so I'm going to have to do a bulk order online, and have the hassle of returning most of it. Trying to find clothes online isn't as exciting as hitting the shops! :bored:

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Is anyone else still deciding what to wear? :hair: I still need new stuff, all my regular clothes are shabby and worn thin or have tears and holes from my cats claws. Trouble is there's no shops near me now, so I'm going to have to do a bulk order online, and have the hassle of returning most of it. Trying to find clothes online isn't as exciting as hitting the shops! :bored:

Yup don't worry! I've just done a very large online order bc none of the shops near me have anything suitable, my debit card it crying at the moment:lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emily2b said:

Yup don't worry! I've just done a very large online order bc none of the shops near me have anything suitable, my debit card it crying at the moment:lmfao:

I think my card will have a hernia, the amount I need! 

What are you doing about money? Are you taking a credit card, or one of those prepaid travel cards? Plus some Euros of course. 

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

What are you doing about money? Are you taking a credit card, or one of those prepaid travel cards? Plus some Euros of course. 

I was going to take a credit card and some euros, I didn't even know that a prepaid travel card was a thing!

The day of the cruise (Sunday), are you gonna change your clothes before the gig? I guess for those staying near the  venue it won't be a problem but for those staying elsewhere, the schedule is quite packed... At least there will be the cloakrooms so you can change your shoes, handbag etc. I think I could wear my trouser outfit on that day with some extra layers (depends on the weather but I guess on the boat it will be rather cool) and leave some things in the cloakroom. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hero said:

The most convenient for you would be a Revolut card

17 hours ago, carafon said:

Did you have to wear a mask finaly ?

Actually, no. In the e-mail we got it said we should wear masks, but in the places everyone took them off and no one said anything. I suppose first people took them off for eating their free popcorn and just didn't put them back on, and I wasn't sure if maybe you could take them off while seated (I asked one of the security people and she said she'd check with someone, but never came back to tell me the reply 😅)... Anyway when Mika started to sing Lollipop, everyone jumped up and didn't sit anymore for the whole gig. We just forgot about the pandemic for those 2 hours, I even forgot to put on the mask again when leaving the venue, tho usually I do take care of wearing a mask when walking around in a restaurant, for example. It was nice to just forget it for a while, I suppose we should have worn them and the security people just didn't care. Also on the train I never had to show my vaccination certificate, they don't seem to control the rules much... In hindsight, I know it was risky to leave off our masks for the gig, but it also just felt really good and probably added to the special atmosphere. We'll see how it is at the Philharmonie... as we'll probably have to stay seated and they claim to have a good air ventilation system, maybe we can take them off while seated.

16 hours ago, Hero said:

same. Still no idea what to wear.

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

The day of the cruise (Sunday), are you gonna change your clothes before the gig? I guess for those staying near the  venue it won't be a problem but for those staying elsewhere, the schedule is quite packed... At least there will be the cloakrooms so you can change your shoes, handbag etc. I think I could wear my trouser outfit on that day with some extra layers (depends on the weather but I guess on the boat it will be rather cool) and leave some things in the cloakroom. 

I'm staying close to the venue, but if I didn't, I'd probably take my evening outfit / different top for the evening in the bag and change in the bathroom.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Actually, no. In the e-mail we got it said we should wear masks, but in the places everyone took them off and no one said anything. I suppose first people took them off for eating their free popcorn and just didn't put them back on, and I wasn't sure if maybe you could take them off while seated (I asked one of the security people and she said she'd check with someone, but never came back to tell me the reply 😅)... Anyway when Mika started to sing Lollipop, everyone jumped up and didn't sit anymore for the whole gig. We just forgot about the pandemic for those 2 hours, I even forgot to put on the mask again when leaving the venue, tho usually I do take care of wearing a mask when walking around in a restaurant, for example. It was nice to just forget it for a while, I suppose we should have worn them and the security people just didn't care. Also on the train I never had to show my vaccination certificate, they don't seem to control the rules much... In hindsight, I know it was risky to leave off our masks for the gig, but it also just felt really good and probably added to the special atmosphere. 

I'm not surprised about the train because the passes are checked randomly .

But I'm very surprised about the lack of masks at the venue

I went to a concert in a cathedral just a week ago and we had to keep the mask all the way 

It's not logical  that we have to wear a mask in shops even if they are empty and not in a inside concert full of people singing and screaming  :dunno:

Edited by carafon

I don't mind wearing the mask tbh, I expect it will be rather cool in the venue and you won't move/sing during this type of gig so I don't really need to take it off. Btw, I recommend the nano ffp2 masks, they are a little bit more expensive than a "classic" ffp2 mask but more breathable (however, the efficacy is the same). I used them this summer while travelling and they are more comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. I find there's also quite a difference between the "classic" ffp2 masks, some of them are really uncomfortable while others don't bother me at all (unless it's really hot but I don't think that will be the case in this venue in October). I know that some of you were planning to order some "fancy" masks from Amazon and of course is tempting to have a mask that matches your outfit but I'd be rather careful, once I bought a set of pink ffp2 masks because I liked the colour but they were really stiff and uncomfortable to wear. I think it's better to have a mask that suits you from the inside rather than from the outside. :original:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

We'll see how it is at the Philharmonie... as we'll probably have to stay seated and they claim to have a good air ventilation system, maybe we can take them off while seated.

I hope we will can take them off, at this concert we won't sing or jump, so it wouldn't be such a danger, imo. And their ventilation system it is really helpful, indeed, plus that everybody would have a green pass anyway. But we'll see, in the photos from Philharmonie I see people wearing masks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

I don't mind wearing the mask tbh, I expect it will be rather cool in the venue and you won't move/sing during this type of gig so I don't really need to take it off. 

Even if it's not pleasant the mask is more usefull when you're jumping and singing because you've got more chance to spit on the persons around you (don't want to be disgusting ,but  it's a fact :naughty: )

Don't know how and where Amex recruted their security staff .....from another planet obviously  :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It seems to be different for each venue. A workmate attended a couple of concerts here recently. In the enclosed arena, masks were recommended but not enforced. In the open-air venue, masks were required, and some people who refused were ejected. Best we can do is contact the venue and prepare for anything! (What am I saying, it's a Mika concert, of course we're prepared for anything! :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, carafon said:

Even if it's not pleasant the mask is more usefull when you're jumping and singing because you've got more chance to spit on the persons around you (don't want to be disgusting ,but  it's a fact :naughty: )

Don't know how and where Amex recruted their security staff .....from another planet obviously  :facepalm:

Of course it is but that wasn't my point, I wasn't reacting to the gig this weekend, just saying that I wouldn't mind wearing the mask during the symphonic gigs so I don't care as much if we can take them off or not. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Of course it is but that wasn't my point, I wasn't reacting to the gig this weekend, just saying that I wouldn't mind wearing the mask during the symphonic gigs so I don't care as much if we can take them off or not. 

I don't mind wearing a mask during the concerts, it'll be a good reminder to keep my mouth closed and not try to sing. :teehee:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

know that some of you were planning to order some "fancy" masks from Amazon and of course is tempting to have a mask that matches your outfit but I'd be rather careful, once I bought a set of pink ffp2 masks because I liked the colour but they were really stiff and uncomfortable to wear. I think it's better to have a mask that suits you from the inside rather than from the outside. :original:

I'm pretty happy with the rainbow coloured FFP2 masks I ordered from Amazon. They sit tighter than the white ones I had been using so far because they have an ergonomic form - which is a plus for safety I think, but in summer it gets really hot and sweaty under these masks. I don't think that'll be the case at the gig, anyway I'll for sure bring those, and some coloured ones in dark blue and black that look more elegant. 

3 hours ago, carafon said:

I'm not surprised about the train because the passes are checked randomly .

But I'm very surprised about the lack of masks at the venue

I went to a concert in a cathedral just a week ago and we had to keep the mask all the way 

It's not logical  that we have to wear a mask in shops even if they are empty and not in a inside concert full of people singing and screaming  :dunno:

Shop might not be the best example, if you don't need a sanitary pass there... but like at a cinema you're right. Dunno how well those rules are enforced in France in general. They did properly check the sanitary pass at the door. I guess the staff inside were rather attendants than security.

In Germany in some areas organizers are allowed to choose if they want to use 2G (only vaccinated or recovered) and then they don't have to follow restrictions for distancing and masks anymore, or if they want to use the standard 3G (also allowing tested people in), with those rules.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

In Germany in some areas organizers are allowed to choose if they want to use 2G (only vaccinated or recovered) and then they don't have to follow restrictions for distancing and masks anymore, or if they want to use the standard 3G (also allowing tested people in), with those rules.

That's more logical 

But in France there would be a revolution if they'd use these rules 

• Like 2