Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ahh, Studio Harcourt! To be fair, their close up portrait of Mika is one of my favourites. The light and the intensity of the picture is great for reference :biggrin2: I don’t like his more recent photoshoots, I feel it doesn’t capture him as well as this one did. 

What photo are you talking about? Was Mika tagged in Rossy's story? I'm somehow confused about his repost but maybe I'm missing some background info about this photostudio. :dunno_grin:

8 hours ago, krysady said:

I bet everyone was reading " Saturday studio" , that's how our brain works :teehee:

316859491_484425003787511_260560245946554889_n.thumb.jpg.f5913c3fcae421fb3c17ea736b7d9d72.jpg

Yes, of course. :doh: I didn't know the word 'statuary', and as he swapped the a and the r, it looks even more like Saturday. 😅 Or did he mix the words statue and Saturday on purpose? 🤔

6 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Shouldn't he have a camel not a dragon?:dunno_grin:

Nah, camel time is over, this is for his album and not for the movie ... so it's a dragon, because "your love feels like fire". :naughty: 

I love dragons... this one looks a bit like cheap plastic, but I wouldn't mind if Mika put some beautiful dragon artwork in his album booklet / cover. :wub2: And also, I'm a dragon in the chinese horoscope, so dragons are kinda my personal lucky charm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

What photo are you talking about? Was Mika tagged in Rossy's story? I'm somehow confused about his repost but maybe I'm missing some background info about this photostudio. :dunno_grin:

Yes, of course. :doh: I didn't know the word 'statuary', and as he swapped the a and the r, it looks even more like Saturday. 😅 Or did he mix the words statue and Saturday on purpose? 🤔

Nah, camel time is over, this is for his album and not for the movie ... so it's a dragon, because "your love feels like fire". :naughty: 

I love dragons... this one looks a bit like cheap plastic, but I wouldn't mind if Mika put some beautiful dragon artwork in his album booklet / cover. :wub2: And also, I'm a dragon in the chinese horoscope, so dragons are kinda my personal lucky charm.

Your love feels like fire :lmfao:that's a good explanation for the dragon :thumb_yello:

:floor: 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, mellody said:

I think he likes dragons. If I'm not wrong   he took out a dragon typical of Chinese culture in some performance years ago. I don't remember where it was and I can't find photos.Maybe @Kumazzzknows what pics I'm talking about.:wink2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

The photo has been shared by @krysadyand @Kumazzzalready, but I went to Rossy‘s stories and watched the whole thing. Mika‘s repost got cut off before it got to his close up :wink2: so I checked hers, because I was confused as you at first! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I think he likes dragons. If I'm not wrong   he took out a dragon typical of Chinese culture in some performance years ago. I don't remember where it was and I can't find photos.Maybe @Kumazzzknows what pics I'm talking about.:wink2:

It was in Parc de Prince. The huge Chinese dragon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Mika IG story

316859491_484425003787511_260560245946554889_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

and

Telethon Medley in 2017

telethon-2017-1.thumb.jpg.50d651787a91545d1b4c79bab9ff89eb.jpg

Well well as @mellodysays, camel time is over. So camels passed away and we entered  to the age of the dragon 

images.jpg

• Haha 3

Maison J.L. Coquet  released a lithophane replica from translucid porcelain of Mika's photo. It's a special technique where the 3D engraved artwork brings life when back lit with a light source, the thin areas will appear lighter, the thick ones darker.

You can buy Mika's replica for 2 400€

https://la-femme-qui-marche.fr/rester/jlcoquet-et-harcourt-portraits-en-lithophanie

unnamed.jpg

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Yes, I know, Parc des Princes, and also at the big arena gigs of the Imaginarium tour. He has a connection to Chinese culture and dragons play a big role there, so I'm not surprised... but so far it seemed rather random because it was only a few times that he used dragons in his art/performances, or mentioned them, that's why I said, I wouldn't mind if he did that more often, or even themed an album around them.

I guess I'll open a thread "Mika and dragons", where we can continue chatting about it. :teehee:

49 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The photo has been shared by @krysadyand @Kumazzzalready, but I went to Rossy‘s stories and watched the whole thing. Mika‘s repost got cut off before it got to his close up :wink2: so I checked hers, because I was confused as you at first! 

Ah, now it makes sense, thanks. I had looked, but as I was working yesterday when he posted, I only was able to check her stories several hours later and seems they were gone by then.

I don't like that photo much, but I think that's more because of his serious styling with the tie, assymmetrical hair, and his face expression, than the photography itself. I think they could make him look like a movie star from the 50s with their style of photography, but this photo rather gives me dark vibes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

New story with Mika from this profile https://instagram.com/stories/chloesiganos/2980636244862431760?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fogiel reposted it. Seems today (or yesterday) Mika visited this exhibition image.thumb.jpeg.1460cf6985bc2968d66308a0ec8ab8dc.jpeg

Thanks! Nice to see that he gets out of the studio from time to time, to enjoy the cultural life of Paris. Surely is a good way to avoid the "studio brain". :lol3:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

New story with Mika from this profile https://instagram.com/stories/chloesiganos/2980636244862431760?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fogiel reposted it. Seems today (or yesterday) Mika visited this exhibition image.thumb.jpeg.1460cf6985bc2968d66308a0ec8ab8dc.jpeg

It's an exhibition with Patty Smith's music and art in Centre Pompidou. 

https://www.centrepompidou.fr/fr/programme/agenda/evenement/1v0Iy51

"Evidence" is a sound and visual installation in the footsteps of Arthur Rimbaud, Antonin Artaud and René Daumal on their journey elsewhere. Stimulated by these metaphysical journeys, the musical and sound composition of Perfect Vision is the starting point for this new multidisciplinary exhibition that the Soundwalk Collective and Patti Smith have specially designed for the Center Pompidou.

"Evidence" guides the public through a vast exploratory installation composed of soundscapes, films, works produced in situ, objects, archives and documents collected during their travels or from the personal collection of Patti Smith, from the collections of MoMA and the Center Pompidou, as a testimony to the existence of these poets and their inspiration, thus offering a real immersion in their spirit and their art.

Between 2019 and 2021, Stephan Crasneanscki and Patti Smith collaborated on the creation of Perfect Vision, a triptych of albums which draws its inspiration from the texts of three emblematic French poets: Antonin Artaud, Arthur Rimbaud and René Daumal. At the heart of the work, the need for poets to travel to diverse horizons to discover a new vision and a new perspective of themselves and their art. Recorded respectively in the Sierra Tarahumara in Mexico, the mountains of Abyssinia in Ethiopia and at the top of the Himalayas in India, these albums are based on the idea that each landscape contains dormant memories, witnesses of the passage of man. Produced in collaboration with Grammy Award-winning Russell Elevado, Leonardo Heiblum, and Soundwalk Collective member Simone Merli, each album retraces the footsteps of poets, leading us through sonic and musical landscapes, revisited by the incantatory voice by Patti Smith.

A poetic and immersive quest, "Evidence" is an ode to a world without borders, a contemporary reflection on the infinite and the universal, a spiritual quest for unity as a living and invigorating presence. The physical, sonic and visual journeys of the Soundwalk Collective enter into an endless dialogue with the poetic trajectories of American musician and poet Patti Smith, to create a new vision and a new language throughout this exploration. In search of these metaphysical evidences, these invisible, unspeakable correlations between times, beings and spaces, the “Evidence” exhibition is not just an archeology of travel, it is a journey in itself....

Avec le soutien de Rimowa, d’Usomo et Analogue Foundation

Remerciements à Gagosian

Commissariat : Chloé Siganos et Jean Max-Colard

Direction artistique : Stephan Crasneanscki avec Patti Smith
Producteur associé : Simone Merli
Dessins, peintures, photographies et films : Patti Smith et Stephan Crasneanscki
Son et musique : Soundwalk Collective et Patti Smith
En collaboration avec Leonardo Heiblum
Concept audio spatial, production de son spatialisé, planification et intégration du système de sonorisation, Usomo

1669544395761.jpg

1669544408654.jpg

• Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

More Mika IG stories

317393788_120147530902410_6372340086570963520_n.jpg

316984529_819473425949320_3163528900553098126_n.jpg

Thanks. I don't know why Instagram is so selective with notifying me about his stories. 😅 Didn't get one for those.

He deleted the first video - probably because there are random exhibition visitors in it.

Btw, where have I heard Soundwalk Collective before? Were they involved in A Roof For Silence?

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Btw, where have I heard Soundwalk Collective before? Were they involved in A Roof For Silence?

Yes they were. :thumb_yello: 

Edited by Hero
And they're also connected to Entangled Kingdoms, the mycology exhibit Mika visited at the Venice Biennale.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't like that photo much, but I think that's more because of his serious styling with the tie, assymmetrical hair, and his face expression, than the photography itself. I think they could make him look like a movie star from the 50s with their style of photography, but this photo rather gives me dark vibes.

Agreed. It's striking, but also a little unsettling. Like Cary Grant does Eraserhead. 

(Sorry Mika, you know I love you!)

Then again, maybe that was the intent? :dunno:

• Like 1