Mika Composes Soundtrack for New Film "Princes of the Desert" (formerly "TEHU")

Kumazzz

39 minutes ago, SusanT said:

https://www.cinenews.be/en/movies/zodi-et-tehu-freres-du-desert/reviews-and-press/

Have a look at the above website. Does this mean the movie's going to be released in Belgium as well on Feb 8?

I have just looked on the Flemisch website and it seems to mention it as well: https://kinepolis.be/nl/movies/detail/26220/HO00008908/0/zodi-tehu-freres-du-desert

Liège is only 20 mins away from where I work, I think I will hop over the border on the 8th and give it a watch :wink2:

• Like 5

19 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

Doesn't look good for FInland, but honestly weren't really thinking it would. :making-a-wish: Hopefully I can see it one day in a streaming site or get it on dvd. Honestly would be fine even with a soundtrack or released tracks. I wish that so so so much 

Are French films not often released in movie theaters in Finland?

2 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

Not that much. And anyways our selection is smaller besically with everything. We are so small language and so view possible buyers, that things not often get translated, like movies, books... or companies don't have options for us... Like last year I wanted No place in heaven CD´s French edition with extra tracks and Montreal CD, I couldn't get it from any online store. Not in MP3 or physical copy. They didn't delivery it here. In the end I found one album from a smaller store that send that to me :dunno:

If you are finding it hard to get hold of Mika items any time, just PM me.

EDIT:  I mean CDs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

Not that much. And anyways our selection is smaller besically with everything. We are so small language and so view possible buyers, that things not often get translated, like movies, books... or companies don't have options for us... Like last year I wanted No place in heaven CD´s French edition with extra tracks and Montreal CD, I couldn't get it from any online store. Not in MP3 or physical copy. They didn't delivery it here. In the end I found one album from a smaller store that send that to me :dunno:

Glad you managed to get those two albums :wub2: but in if you need Mika items that won't ship to your country, feel free to ask fans on MFC :thumb_yello: We always help each other when items are not released worldwide there's always a way :hug: If I can help you I will :original:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Mika might be in Paris for the premiere but who knows?

Alexandra Lamy will be at the AVANT-PREMIERE in Alès and Nîme on January 18th 2023.

I don't know about Mika... :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Kumazzz said:

Alexandra Lamy will be at the AVANT-PREMIERE in Alès and Nîme on January 18th 2023.

I don't know about Mika... :dunno:

Again AVANT-PREMIERE? I wonder how many there will be. :blink::dunno_grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just to let you know that there is another song in the movie called No Time To Live. We can hear Mika's voice as well. 

In the trailer there only a very short part but we can't hear Mika.It is completely different to Feels Like Fire 😁

Listen from 20th second of the trailer.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just to let you know that there is another song in the movie called No Time To Live.

Oh is that what it's called?! Thank you, I didn't catch that in the end credits.

It was my favourite song of the movie I think, it's so fun!! 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just to let you know that there is another song in the movie called No Time To Live. We can hear Mika's voice as well. 

I had no idea that's the name of the song, I've heard Mika singing it and at the chorus it sounds like something in French, but during the rest of the song you can hear English.

Still no one found out yet the name of the woman singing with Mika?

Edited by krysady

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just to let you know that there is another song in the movie called No Time To Live.

Until I hear the song in full and understand the context and meaning behind it, the title for me doesn't make sense. "No Time to Live" gives the impression that someone is giving up on life, but I'm hoping the song doesn't mean that because from the tiny snippet I've heard in the trailer it does sound like an upbeat song.

But then again Mika is known for hiding sad themes behind catchy tunes! So I'll just have to wait and see!

• Like 3

Some good review about the movie and the soundtrack :thumb_yello:

Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert  https://direct-actu.fr/2022/12/30/zodi-et-tehu-freres-du-desert/

Un film touchant qui malgré un scénario très simple arrive à compenser par la beauté de ses décors, la qualité du jeu de ses acteurs.

Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert est une belle aventure familiale qui se regarde sans mal. Alexandra Lamy propose un jeu un peu différent de son habitude, mais il est agréable : plus mature et adoucis. On sent que depuis plusieurs années l’actrice arrive à trouver ses marques. Elle n’est plus dans l’excès, dans l’hyper émotivité !

La bande originale est signée Mika, elle reste à la fois discrète et magnifique.

Dans l’ensemble, Eric Barbier confirme son statut de réalisateur de belle histoire, après Petit Pays, ce film avec des dromadaires nous emporte dans la beauté des déserts du Sahara.

Google translate:

A touching film which, despite a very simple scenario, manages to compensate with the beauty of its sets and the quality of the acting of its actors.

Zodi and Téhu, brothers of the desert is a beautiful family adventure that can be watched without difficulty. Alexandra Lamy offers a game a little different from her usual, but it is pleasant: more mature and softened . We feel that for several years the actress has been able to find her marks. She is no longer in excess, in hyper emotionality!

The soundtrack is signed Mika , it remains both discreet and magnificent.

Overall, Eric Barbier confirms his status as a director of beautiful stories, after Petit Pays , this film with camels takes us into the beauty of the Sahara deserts.

Screenshot (396).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Some good review about the movie and the soundtrack :thumb_yello:

Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert  https://direct-actu.fr/2022/12/30/zodi-et-tehu-freres-du-desert/

Un film touchant qui malgré un scénario très simple arrive à compenser par la beauté de ses décors, la qualité du jeu de ses acteurs.

Zodi et Téhu, frères du désert est une belle aventure familiale qui se regarde sans mal. Alexandra Lamy propose un jeu un peu différent de son habitude, mais il est agréable : plus mature et adoucis. On sent que depuis plusieurs années l’actrice arrive à trouver ses marques. Elle n’est plus dans l’excès, dans l’hyper émotivité !

La bande originale est signée Mika, elle reste à la fois discrète et magnifique.

Dans l’ensemble, Eric Barbier confirme son statut de réalisateur de belle histoire, après Petit Pays, ce film avec des dromadaires nous emporte dans la beauté des déserts du Sahara.

Google translate:

A touching film which, despite a very simple scenario, manages to compensate with the beauty of its sets and the quality of the acting of its actors.

Zodi and Téhu, brothers of the desert is a beautiful family adventure that can be watched without difficulty. Alexandra Lamy offers a game a little different from her usual, but it is pleasant: more mature and softened . We feel that for several years the actress has been able to find her marks. She is no longer in excess, in hyper emotionality!

The soundtrack is signed Mika , it remains both discreet and magnificent.

Overall, Eric Barbier confirms his status as a director of beautiful stories, after Petit Pays , this film with camels takes us into the beauty of the Sahara deserts.

Screenshot (396).png

RE: La bande originale est signée Mika, elle reste à la fois discrète et magnifique.

Could the second half of the sentence be translated "it is unobtrusive/quiet and magnificent at the same time"?  Or is there a better translation?

On 12/31/2022 at 1:48 AM, mellody said:

Apparently there's a 2nd song, I saw this in an IG story, a video from the cinema screen:

Screenshot_20221231_000955_Instagram.jpg

a bit hard to read, but I think the first song is called "No time to leave", and the other 2 are "Feels like fire" (probably meaning the orchestra bit during the movie and the actual song at the end).

2 new Mika songs to look forward to! :excite:

15 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

In the trailer there only a very short part but we can't hear Mika.It is completely different to Feels Like Fire 😁

Listen from 20th second of the trailer.

I've moved this here, as it's not about "Feels like Fire". I think the song is called "No time to leave", not live - see my post above, and it's also what I hear them singing. Didn't notice that it was in the trailer, thanks for pointing that out! :flowers2:

• Like 4

https://www.cineuropa.org/it/newsdetail/436502/

This article about French movies being presented to potential buyers from different countries this past week can be read in 4 languages. 

Hopefully someone in Italy will want to buy "Princes of the Desert." You can find a reference to the film in the paragraph that begins with " SND."

"Princes of the Desert" is mentioned here too ( around par. 9):

https://variety.com/2023/film/global/unifrance-rendez-vous-paris-1235482102/

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 3

:groupwave:

Happy for Benelux, Switzerland, Canada, Portugal, the Middle East, Hungary, Romania, Baltics, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Balkans, Turkey and  CIS !!!!

Screen Daily

6 January 2023

https://www.screendaily.com/news/snd-posts-deals-on-the-book-of-wonders-princes-of-the-desert-exclusive/5177875.article

SND, the feature film arm of France’s M6 broadcasting group, has sold Lisa Azuelos’ globe-trotting drama The Book Of Wonders and Eric Barbier’s adventure Princes Of The Desert to a slew of territories worldwide ahead of the titles’ world premieres at the upcoming Unifrance Rendez-Vous in Paris (Jan 10-17).

SND will also market premiere Eric Besnard’s A Great Friend, Cécilia Rouard’s Killing Blue and Pierre-François Martin-Laval’s Jeff & Jean-Marc’s Adventures at the Rendez-Vous, and unveil first footage of Guillaume Nicloux’s The Baby.

SND has sold The Book Of Wonders to Cineart for Benelux, Ascot Elite in Switzerland, Notorious Pictures for Italy and Spain, Nos Lusomundo in Portugal, BF Distribution for Latin America, Blitz for the Balkans, Vertigo in Hungary, Bohemia for Czech Republic and Slovakia, Capella for CIS, Nachshon in Israel and PT Falcon in Indonesia.

Starring Alexandra Lamy (The Test, Family Swap), The Book Of Wonders is produced by Oscar-winning Coda producer Philippe Rousselet and Jerico Films’ Eric Jehelmann who previously joined forces for La Famille Belier and Two Is A Family. Based on a best-selling novel, the adventure tale from director Lisa Azuelos (Sweetheart, Dalida) tells the story of a woman who finds her 12-year-old son’s ’end-of-the-world bucket list’ after he falls into a coma and sets off to make his wishes come true. SND will release The Book Of Wonders in France in March 2023.

Lamy also stars in Princes Of The Desert that SND has sold to Athena for Benelux, Ascot Elite in Switzerland, Sphere in Canada, Nos Lusomundo in Portugal, Grand Entertainment for the Middle East, ADS for Hungary and Romania, ACME in the Baltics, Foxx Media in Czech Republic and Slovakia, Blitz in the Balkans, ATV in Turkey and Mauris for CIS.

Directed by Eric Barbier (An African Childhood, Promise At Dawn) and produced by SND alongside Vertigo Productions, Princes Of The Desert follows a young Berber boy who bonds with a camel as they cross the Sahara on an epic journey. Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Mika is behind the soundtrack for the title that SND will release in France on February 8, 2023.

SND previously showed promo reels of both films at the November 2022 AFM and will screen the films for the first time for buyers at the Rendez-Vous market.

SND will also show first footage of Guillaume Nicloux’s The Baby (French title: La Petite) to buyers. It stars Fabrice Luchini (My Crime) and Mara Taquin (Zero ####s Given) as a father mourning his son who forms an unlikely bond with his late son’s would-be baby’s surrogate mother. The title is produced by Les Films du Kiosque, François Kraus and Denis Pineau-Valencienne’s Paris-based production company and SND will release the film in France in September 2023.

1387786_princesdesertsife.elamine10588_106752_crop.thumb.jpg.243da5aabff3e852ef16064e8a75eb16.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:groupwave:

Happy for Benelux, Switzerland, Canada, Portugal, the Middle East, Hungary, Romania, Baltics, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Balkans, Turkey and  CIS !!!!

Screen Daily

6 January 2023

https://www.screendaily.com/news/snd-posts-deals-on-the-book-of-wonders-princes-of-the-desert-exclusive/5177875.article

SND, the feature film arm of France’s M6 broadcasting group, has sold Lisa Azuelos’ globe-trotting drama The Book Of Wonders and Eric Barbier’s adventure Princes Of The Desert to a slew of territories worldwide ahead of the titles’ world premieres at the upcoming Unifrance Rendez-Vous in Paris (Jan 10-17).

SND will also market premiere Eric Besnard’s A Great Friend, Cécilia Rouard’s Killing Blue and Pierre-François Martin-Laval’s Jeff & Jean-Marc’s Adventures at the Rendez-Vous, and unveil first footage of Guillaume Nicloux’s The Baby.

SND has sold The Book Of Wonders to Cineart for Benelux, Ascot Elite in Switzerland, Notorious Pictures for Italy and Spain, Nos Lusomundo in Portugal, BF Distribution for Latin America, Blitz for the Balkans, Vertigo in Hungary, Bohemia for Czech Republic and Slovakia, Capella for CIS, Nachshon in Israel and PT Falcon in Indonesia.

Starring Alexandra Lamy (The Test, Family Swap), The Book Of Wonders is produced by Oscar-winning Coda producer Philippe Rousselet and Jerico Films’ Eric Jehelmann who previously joined forces for La Famille Belier and Two Is A Family. Based on a best-selling novel, the adventure tale from director Lisa Azuelos (Sweetheart, Dalida) tells the story of a woman who finds her 12-year-old son’s ’end-of-the-world bucket list’ after he falls into a coma and sets off to make his wishes come true. SND will release The Book Of Wonders in France in March 2023.

Lamy also stars in Princes Of The Desert that SND has sold to Athena for Benelux, Ascot Elite in Switzerland, Sphere in Canada, Nos Lusomundo in Portugal, Grand Entertainment for the Middle East, ADS for Hungary and Romania, ACME in the Baltics, Foxx Media in Czech Republic and Slovakia, Blitz in the Balkans, ATV in Turkey and Mauris for CIS.

Directed by Eric Barbier (An African Childhood, Promise At Dawn) and produced by SND alongside Vertigo Productions, Princes Of The Desert follows a young Berber boy who bonds with a camel as they cross the Sahara on an epic journey. Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Mika is behind the soundtrack for the title that SND will release in France on February 8, 2023.

SND previously showed promo reels of both films at the November 2022 AFM and will screen the films for the first time for buyers at the Rendez-Vous market.

SND will also show first footage of Guillaume Nicloux’s The Baby (French title: La Petite) to buyers. It stars Fabrice Luchini (My Crime) and Mara Taquin (Zero ####s Given) as a father mourning his son who forms an unlikely bond with his late son’s would-be baby’s surrogate mother. The title is produced by Les Films du Kiosque, François Kraus and Denis Pineau-Valencienne’s Paris-based production company and SND will release the film in France in September 2023.

1387786_princesdesertsife.elamine10588_106752_crop.thumb.jpg.243da5aabff3e852ef16064e8a75eb16.jpg

Hoping that other distributors bought the movie at Unifrance Rendez-Vous last week

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 9:32 PM, SusanT said:

RE: La bande originale est signée Mika, elle reste à la fois discrète et magnifique.

Could the second half of the sentence be translated "it is unobtrusive/quiet and magnificent at the same time"?  Or is there a better translation?

I would say "discreet" and "wonderful". :original:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I would say "discreet" and "wonderful". :original:

The reason why  I wondered about "discreet" is because, as you probably know, in Italian

"discreto" can mean " fairly good" but not

"good." I was afraid that was the French meaning too.

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

The reason why  I wondered about "discreet" is because, as you probably know, in Italian

"discreto" can mean " fairly good" but not

"good." I was afraid that was the French meaning too.

No, I would say they mean with "discrète" here that it's decent not excessive/overdone. :original:

The premieres in Paris on this Sunday !!

I'd like to reserve the seat if I will be in Paris that day !!:fangurl:

Twitter

Les avant-premières de #ZodiEtTéhuFrèresDuDésert continuent ! 🐫🏜️
Vivez une aventure pour toute la famille et avant tout le monde !

Par ici : https://t.co/d15yUw4GPW

Paris

Cinéma UGC Normandie

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnhoqh7It1u/

UGC réservation

https://www.ugc.fr/reservationSeances.html?id=330010993363

1823141573_Screenshot2023-01-25at08-35-17UGC-Rservation-Sances.thumb.png.cc07a6a261d9188e906b19d98ac6a030.png

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1