Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• 2 weeks later...

Even those who are getting up there in years know good entertainment when we see it!

My husband and I are in our 50's, and when my husband saw my daughter and I having such fun , I think he became a fan too! If Mika ever comes to Pittsburgh Pa we will try to get three tickets!

I'm glad for this fan club! I haven't known about Mika for very long. My daughter said to me one day "Mom here is a guy who will make you forget about Rick Astley" and she was right! I love his awesome voice; truly a gift from God!

I also love his energy and enthusiasm; it is contagious! I was just wondering who this "Johnny” person is who is praying for him! I just wanted to let him know that I am praying for him as well!

Agape'

Even those who are getting up there in years know good entertainment when we see it!

My husband and I are in our 50's, and when my husband saw my daughter and I having such fun , I think he became a fan too! If Mika ever comes to Pittsburgh Pa we will try to get three tickets!

I'm glad for this fan club! I haven't known about Mika for very long. My daughter said to me one day "Mom here is a guy who will make you forget about Rick Astley" and she was right! I love his awesome voice; truly a gift from God!

I also love his energy and enthusiasm; it is contagious! I was just wondering who this "Johnny” person is who is praying for him! I just wanted to let him know that I am praying for him as well!

Agape'

:bye: sweetie and welcome to MFC family :group_hug:

Yes, Mika rocks :biggrin2:

Have fun here and ask if you need any help around MFC, I got lost myself at the begining :lmfao:

Agape'

I totally agree. I truly respect him for being so sincere and for never forgetting where he came from.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I was born in Alabama, USA. I went to south korea and Japan when I was in the military. I love most music (except country, gospel, and rap). I love Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Elvis Prestley, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Beatles, The white stripes, Coldplay, and now MIKA! (among others). Mika is one of the best artists I have heard in a while. I looked at his tour schedule to see if he was touring in America, but he isn't. I know that he frequents "the city of angels", but it is not "the city of angels" until he arrives. Okay I am being sappy! :blush-anim-cl: I just heard of you like yesterday, and I am glad that I did. Oh yeah... this is supposed to be about me... sorry. Anyway, more about me, I am 30 years old. I am working toward a bachelors degree in psychology. My ultimate goal is to earn my doctorate degree in psychology and spend my career doing research. The most famous person I have ever shared time and space with was George Bush ( :aah: ). The cutest famous person I have ever shared time and space with was Mario Lopez. Honestly, though, in my opinion Bush was an idiot and Lopez was a total egotists. I also attended Austin Community College in Austin, TX. My major there was drama. I have acted in a few plays and that was fun, but not really my "calling" in life. I would love to do some world travel some day. I have a few places in mind. Well, that is all I can really think to say about myself. I enjoy MIKA'S MUSIC very much, and I think it would be really something to meet him in real life, because he seems like a really sweet guy. Anyway, have a great day everyone! Much love to Mika!!! :mf_lustslow:

Hello I was born in Alabama, USA. I went to south korea and Japan when I was in the military. I love most music (except country, gospel, and rap). I love Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Elvis Prestley, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Beatles, The white stripes, Coldplay, and now MIKA! (among others). Mika is one of the best artists I have heard in a while. I looked at his tour schedule to see if he was touring in America, but he isn't. I know that he frequents "the city of angels", but it is not "the city of angels" until he arrives. Okay I am being sappy! :blush-anim-cl: I just heard of you like yesterday, and I am glad that I did. Oh yeah... this is supposed to be about me... sorry. Anyway, more about me, I am 30 years old. I am working toward a bachelors degree in psychology. My ultimate goal is to earn my doctorate degree in psychology and spend my career doing research. The most famous person I have ever shared time and space with was George Bush ( :aah: ). The cutest famous person I have ever shared time and space with was Mario Lopez. Honestly, though, in my opinion Bush was an idiot and Lopez was a total egotists. I also attended Austin Community College in Austin, TX. My major there was drama. I have acted in a few plays and that was fun, but not really my "calling" in life. I would love to do some world travel some day. I have a few places in mind. Well, that is all I can really think to say about myself. I enjoy MIKA'S MUSIC very much, and I think it would be really something to meet him in real life, because he seems like a really sweet guy. Anyway, have a great day everyone! Much love to Mika!!! :mf_lustslow:

That's an amazing introduction :teehee:

If you love Mika, you should have a great time here :wink2:

Welcome to MFC and help us spread Mika love in the United States :biggrin2:

What are your fav Mika songs and what' s the first one that made you love Mika?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

Can I use this thread to introduce myself ? Is it a right one ? I don`t think I`m a really big person to create a single thread like "Hi, I`m a new member...." :wink2: Not so new, actually... I registered in 2010, but haven`t written any posts since then because I wasn`t sure there are people of my age here. (There are not so many people over 30 in Mika Russian Fan Club, unfortunately...But I`m working hard to involve them !) The situation here is different. Now I dare write ! And I hope to make new friends here.

OK: I represent Russia, my beloved hometown is Moscow. I`m 33, I work in the sphere of international cooperation. Mika is my passion since December 2006 when I first heard Grace Kelly and Love Today. I wanted to buy Life in Cartoon Motion long before it appeared officially in Russian music stores. (I did !!!) Since then - I`ve become a true fan.

But Mika`s concert in Moscow in July, 2010 became a turning point to me. After that gig I`ve become a die-hard fan . I re-discovered him as a personality, not just a musician.

Unfortunately , none of my numerous colleagues and mates care for Mika...:thumbdown: But I`m glad I found allies in MikaRussian Fan Club. Some of them are here too.

My other interests are: music (Queen), art (drawing and illustrations), good movies (I love everything by Tim Burton), literature (favourite writers - F. Vargas, J. Amado, G.G. Marquez), English language - I`ll try to improve it, I promise !

Thank you everybody for reading this "opus" ! Glad to be here.

Hi everyone !

Can I use this thread to introduce myself ? Is it a right one ? I don`t think I`m a really big person to create a single thread like "Hi, I`m a new member...." :wink2: Not so new, actually... I registered in 2010, but haven`t written any posts since then because I wasn`t sure there are people of my age here. (There are not so many people over 30 in Mika Russian Fan Club, unfortunately...But I`m working hard to involve them !) The situation here is different. Now I dare write ! And I hope to make new friends here.

OK: I represent Russia, my beloved hometown is Moscow. I`m 33, I work in the sphere of international cooperation. Mika is my passion since December 2006 when I first heard Grace Kelly and Love Today. I wanted to buy Life in Cartoon Motion long before it appeared officially in Russian music stores. (I did !!!) Since then - I`ve become a true fan.

But Mika`s concert in Moscow in July, 2010 became a turning point to me. After that gig I`ve become a die-hard fan . I re-discovered him as a personality, not just a musician.

Unfortunately , none of my numerous colleagues and mates care for Mika...:thumbdown: But I`m glad I found allies in MikaRussian Fan Club. Some of them are here too.

My other interests are: music (Queen), art (drawing and illustrations), good movies (I love everything by Tim Burton), literature (favourite writers - F. Vargas, J. Amado, G.G. Marquez), English language - I`ll try to improve it, I promise !

Hi - nice post :thumb_yello: None of my friends or colleagues like Mika, and I'm over 30 too - but I'm from the UK not Russia :naughty: Please come and visit us on the Oldlings thread, we are always happy to meet new people. :biggrin2:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25921

Hi everyone !

Such a nice post.

Hello! Don't worry, you're not alone here. I'm 40+ :wink2:

And my story is quite similar. Nobody understands my Mika obsession.

My interest are similar too. The Queen are not my favorites, but love Tim Burton, art (I work as an art teacher:naughty:), literature... Learned Russian at primary and secondary school, loved it. So you should feel quite comfortable in MFC. People are very interesting and friendly here.

So :welcomeani:

Edited by nenartus

• 6 months later...
Hi everyone I'm knew here and I really do hope to make some new friends with others who love Mika's music.

welcome to the MFC! i'm glad you found us! :yay:

it would be a great idea to create your own thread, so members can welcome you properly

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

• 4 weeks later...

I shall introduce myself!!!!!

I am 14 years old, and I live in America in Vermont. My favorite bands/musicians are MIKA, The Beatles, Queen, Michael Jackson, the Scissor Sisters, and a couple others. I'm a huge Whovian (watched all the way from the 1963 ones), and I really don't know what else to say!

I discovered MIKA because a girl on youtube called Jennxthejinx used the beginning of lollipop for the opening of one of her shows, and it was stuck in my hear four days straight. So I looked up Mika and all his other songs, only to discover he was probably the most amazing, creative, and inspirational person that ever walked the earth (or very close) not to mention his lyrics are pure genius!

I am 14 years old, and I live in America in Vermont. My favorite bands/musicians are MIKA, The Beatles, Queen, Michael Jackson, the Scissor Sisters, and a couple others. I'm a huge Whovian (watched all the way from the 1963 ones), and I really don't know what else to say!

I discovered MIKA because a girl on youtube called Jennxthejinx used the beginning of lollipop for the opening of one of her shows, and it was stuck in my hear four days straight. So I looked up Mika and all his other songs, only to discover he was probably the most amazing, creative, and inspirational person that ever walked the earth (or very close) not to mention his lyrics are pure genius!

Are you me? :shocked:

:roftl:

hi hi!! :bye: welcome :biggrin2:

me feels the same :teehee:

• 2 months later...

Holy crap you are just like me only i'm eleven and live in new york . I found out about MIKA when i was serching titanic on youtube and i found a video called titanic happy ending so i thought it was an alternet ending so i clicked it later to find out it was a song, i really liked so i serched mika and i listened to it more then i clicked on lollipop ect ect ect ..... :mikalove:

• 1 month later...

well i thought id introduce myself. this is like soo cheesy. :blush-anim-cl:

when i was in year4(aged 7-2007) my mum got the mika cd life in cartoon motion after she wasnt happy with the amy winehouse one. i fell in love with mika because the cd box had rounded corners and was nice to hold. i knew all of the words and regularly won singing competitions with mika.:aah::fisch:

when i was in year6(aged 10-2010) we went on a school trip to a war museum. instead me and my friends sang we are golden the whole day. i also heard blame it on the girls.

in year7 (aged 11-2011) i got an ipod which enabled me to rekindle my love for life in cartoon motion. mika also inspired me to step out of the box and win two consecutive art competitions in the region.

in year8 (aged12/13- 2012) i got bullied to the point where i wouldnt even talk to my family, but i had my ipod. i downloaded every single mika song, learnt all of the lyrics and fell in love. i have fully regained my confidence.:mikacool:

now mika just about controls my life, as i have taken up piano and singing. i am currently trying to write some songs to fill up my portfolio. mika is an inspiration, and a lifeline. i dont know how id cope without his music. i recently won tickets to heaven but i live 200 miles away, so with one daay notice, it was impossible for me to get there.:mikalove:

oh and remember, just because im 13 doesnt mean i act young. i am completely different to my peers and they too will say im mature. mika loves you:mikadas:

btw how does mfc work, im confused:aah:

well i thought id introduce myself. this is like soo cheesy. :blush-anim-cl:

when i was in year4(aged 7-2007) my mum got the mika cd life in cartoon motion after she wasnt happy with the amy winehouse one. i fell in love with mika because the cd box had rounded corners and was nice to hold. i knew all of the words and regularly won singing competitions with mika.:aah::fisch:

when i was in year6(aged 10-2010) we went on a school trip to a war museum. instead me and my friends sang we are golden the whole day. i also heard blame it on the girls.

in year7 (aged 11-2011) i got an ipod which enabled me to rekindle my love for life in cartoon motion. mika also inspired me to step out of the box and win two consecutive art competitions in the region.

in year8 (aged12/13- 2012) i got bullied to the point where i wouldnt even talk to my family, but i had my ipod. i downloaded every single mika song, learnt all of the lyrics and fell in love. i have fully regained my confidence.:mikacool:

now mika just about controls my life, as i have taken up piano and singing. i am currently trying to write some songs to fill up my portfolio. mika is an inspiration, and a lifeline. i dont know how id cope without his music. i recently won tickets to heaven but i live 200 miles away, so with one daay notice, it was impossible for me to get there.:mikalove:

oh and remember, just because im 13 doesnt mean i act young. i am completely different to my peers and they too will say im mature. mika loves you:mikadas:

btw how does mfc work, im confused:aah:

Hey and welcome to our little loony bin, MFC :teehee::welcomeani:

nice introduction :teehee:

Ok, so i better introduce myself too (:

I'm 19, from Denmark and a Cooks apprentice. :naughty:

In my sparetime (Not that i have that much of it) i like playing the piano. :fisch: and draw (:

I have tattoos, and i love every single one! My first tattoo was the smiley logo from Nirvana on my left foot, 2nd was both my parents birthdates on my left arm, 3rd John Lennon cartoon face on left arm and last but not least the quote "Love Today" also on my left arm. :naughty:

So yeah. I'm from a small town, not that far from Copenhagen, i live in my own flat with a friend, who's a student. :)

I work in a italian restaurant in Copenhagen (In the michelin guide :das:) and since i work 12-14 hours 5 days a week, i don't have that much sparetime.

I see cooking as an art, not just making it look good and delicious, but also making it taste amazing without that many or expensive ingredients. :naughty:

I allways knew i would work as a Chef, since both my mom and my brother are chefs. :)

Uhm.. Other than that i'm a huge fan of the beatles, John Lennon more specified! Queen, P.J. Proby, dr. Hook, CCR, Cliff Richard, Tom Jones. Yes, I'm oldies rolling! :D And ofc, MIKA! :)

I discovered Mika when Grace Kelly came out, and been a fan ever since! :D Unfortunately i didn't go to a gig before this summer on July 4th @Nibe Festival, Denmark. :doh:

All in all i'm an oldies rolling, artistic and pretty uncool 19 year old from Denmark :mf_rosetinted:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

My name is Daniela and I come from Bolivia.

I am 23 now and finishing my studies in Engineering, I have lived in Bolivia, the US and now I'm living in Lyon, France.

I have a big problem with passion, I have too much of it, for everything that I like, I love music (I sing), painting, writing and riding a bike. I love knitting scarves (not the knitting MFC kind..), I love sunrises, sunsets, wind and rain. People say I have a heart instead of skin for I feel everything very intensely.

I got to hear Mika when Relax was just on the radio when it came out in 2006, and I instantly became a huge fan with Grace Kelly after that, I had always struggled with fitting in anywhere, and a song that sang exactly what I had been feeling since I could remember was litterally a life saver at that time.

I started working to be able to pay my studies in Europe (Bolivia is beautiful but I needed to dream of big opportunities) and I finally got accepted to a university in France.

I was already a big fan of Mika when I moved to France, there was a concert in a little village in the middle of France my first year away from home, I hadn't seen my family for over a year and I was feeling more of a foreigner than ever. Not having so much money, the day I saw in some billboards he was going to sing in the Aix le Bains Lake's Festival I promised myself I had to find every single penny in my room to be able to pay for the ticket. I went hitchhiking to the village, without even a place to stay there over the night. During the concert it was raining and while others were complaining I thought it was perfect, such fredom, such joy with his music, I was finally seeing my favorite singer live! (nobody goes to Bolivia to do such concerts...), never had I seen such a magical show, that concert made me forget everything outside of that moment and it was well worth spending the night on the street afterwards to catch the first train back to Lyon the next morning.

I really admire him, but I don't think I'd scream at the sight of him, I wouldn't run towards him telling him how much I adore him because I think he is a normal person like everybody else, and I would be afraid if someone came running screaming they loved me... although that's the price to pay for being so talented (could be worse huh? :) )

But I would definately stand in line for hours and hours to be in the front row of his concerts, and probably stay for hours and hours after his shows just to have the opportunity of greeting him and thank him for what his music did for my life. The more I get to know his music, his blogs, his interviews, the more I think that he is a great person, and I hope one day I'll get to know him personally just to be able to have one normal conversation with him. A girl can dream...

Until then I will keep on saving to be able to pay for a ticket for his next concert, this time in Lyon! I am even thinking of asking to volunteer in the organisation of the event if I don't get to save enough :)

Anyhow I would like to thank all of you who didn't get bored with my long presentation.

If there are any MFCers in Lyon, it'd be a pleasure to meet you somewhere here, for all the rest, I would really like to meet you around Europe and the world!!

<3 <3 love everywhere

• Like 1

Hi everybody ! :)

My name's Salomé. I'm 18 and I live in Belgium, near Liège (Luik).

I study foreign languages (English, Dutch & Japanese thanks to extra lessons) in Brussels. I fell in love with the UK when I was just a kid. I know this is no heaven but I've always enjoyed each trips I made there. The last one was in Edinburgh and I really do miss this place ! I'm really fascinated by foreign cultures and I hope to be able to study for a year in Japan in the future.

I can speak English pretty fluently but it's not perfect though and for Dutch, talking remains hard but it's getting better since I started watching Dutch & Flemish movies, which I love by the way ;) So if any Dutch speaker needs help with French, I'm YOUR MAN (well, girl, but you get what I mean ^^').

I can't really tell when I discovered Mika... The fact is that I needed time to fully appreciate his work. I first heard "Grace Kelly" when it was aired on radio here. I thought the song was really amazing but this was the only one I knew and it was played over & over again on radio so for some time, I couldn't bear it anymore... "Relax" came a bit after, as well as "Happy Ending", and these two songs could NOT get out of my head. I remember singing them whenever I was on my own... And it all began, I was addicted :) I was pretty young at that time so I would have never thought of asking my parents to go & see Mika's gig :') But for the 2nd album, I was ready ! The CD was released a bit after my birthday and right away, I booked tickets for his gig in Antwerp :D Although it was rescheduled, I could still go and this day remains as one of the best in my life. :> The only regret I have is not having taken a few pictures but my friend was afraid we couldn't get in with a camera, no need to tell you that I won't listen to her next time :D HAHA However, not having a camera maybe allowed me to fully enjoy the gig, I was taken away by Mika's magicn singing, jumping and so on ;) I loved the part he said "Dat is Mika en ik ben dood", as I said, I'm not Dutch but I can understand and I just thought it was really cute when he said it :>

I couldn't make it to his last 2 gigs in Belgium so I'm REALLY looking forward to see him in Brussels in November. :DDD I don't really know if I'd like to meet him... I'd love to greet him for his work but I'm always scared of annoying artists after their gigs :'(

We'll see :')

Beside Mika, I listen to artists such as Emilie Simon, Charlie Winston (YOU HAVE TO GO TO ONE OF HIS GIGS ! *_*), Olivia Ruiz, Dionysos, The Black Keys, Ayaka, Greeeen, Saule, Selah Sue, AKS, Kate Nash, ect. :)

It's been a while since I didn't came here. The fact was that I couldn't log in anymore, I couldn't get back my lost password =.=' but miracles happens and I could finally fully access the forum ! I'm back~ I have kept reading news on the forum but being REALLY part of it is much better though. :) Really happy to be back :-)

Thank you for reading ^^''

Hi Salomé!

Welcome back! I'm happy you decided to post some more and I'll probably see you in Brussels then! (Ik ben Vlaamse:teehee:)

Antwerp was amazing for sure, such a fantastic energy from the audience! And... Mika agreed! (have you seen the interview at suikerrock?)

So true about Charlie Winston! Did you go to his gig at forest national in 2010 as well?

Anyway, hope to see you around! :thumb_yello: