Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Hi Salomé!

Welcome back! I'm happy you decided to post some more and I'll probably see you in Brussels then! (Ik ben Vlaamse:teehee:)

Antwerp was amazing for sure, such a fantastic energy from the audience! And... Mika agreed! (have you seen the interview at suikerrock?)

So true about Charlie Winston! Did you go to his gig at forest national in 2010 as well?

Anyway, hope to see you around! :thumb_yello:

Hi ! ;)

Oh great ! We'll probably meet there then ;) Waar kom jij vandaan ?

Maybe I talked to you on the facebook page of the event while ordering the tickets. xD I talked with some Flemish people that were also having troubles to order them. ;)

I had missed Charlie's gig at Forest National but I went to his last one (last April) at the AB and it was really magic. He dived in the crowd and played with the audience, it was really cool !! He is currently in Belgium (maybe not in Brussels though) to produce Saule's new CD. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm Vicki and Im from the US. I just started college and have been a huge fan of Mika and his music since I first heard "Grace Kelly" in 8th grade. I just joined the MFC, and I'm really excited to get to talk with other Mika fans!! My older sister was the one to introduce me to his music and now 5 years later we're finally going to see him live at The Vic in Chicago in exactly 2 weeks! ^_^

When I'm not listening to Mika I love to listen to a very wide variety of music, but some of my favorites are Regina Spektor, Daft Punk, Matt & Kim, and Darren Criss (any Glee fans? :P).In my spare time I love to read, bake, drink tea, get involved in service projects, and attempt jogging every now and then.

Well, that's about it I believe..I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to talk with fans from around the world!

:group_hug:

Hello! I'm Vicki and Im from the US. I just started college and have been a huge fan of Mika and his music since I first heard "Grace Kelly" in 8th grade. I just joined the MFC, and I'm really excited to get to talk with other Mika fans!! My older sister was the one to introduce me to his music and now 5 years later we're finally going to see him live at The Vic in Chicago in exactly 2 weeks! ^_^

When I'm not listening to Mika I love to listen to a very wide variety of music, but some of my favorites are Regina Spektor, Daft Punk, Matt & Kim, and Darren Criss (any Glee fans? :P).In my spare time I love to read, bake, drink tea, get involved in service projects, and attempt jogging every now and then.

Well, that's about it I believe..I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to talk with fans from around the world!

Hi there! welcome to MFC! :yay:

you will have so much fun at his concert! his voice is just :swoon:

To make it easier for MFCers to welcome you, you should start your own thread here & tell us a little about yourself (pretty much like you did here :blush-anim-cl:)

here is the shortcut :

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

have fun! :yay:

Welcome to the MFC :hug:

( Like adventure time by any chance :teehee: )

• 2 months later...

I cannot believe it's been over three years since I last posted. Since then, I've fallen in love,gotten married to the love of my life, and since the new album came out I thought I'd pop in and see what's going on. Kind of hoping Mika travels to the US again soon-I'd love to take my husband to a show :)

Not sure if anyone would remember me but hello nonetheless!

I cannot believe it's been over three years since I last posted. Since then, I've fallen in love,gotten married to the love of my life, and since the new album came out I thought I'd pop in and see what's going on. Kind of hoping Mika travels to the US again soon-I'd love to take my husband to a show :)

Not sure if anyone would remember me but hello nonetheless!

I remember you! :) I'm so happy to hear about your marriage! When did you get married? And where? I get so curious about weddings. :bleh:

I remember you! :) I'm so happy to hear about your marriage! When did you get married? And where? I get so curious about weddings. :bleh:

Haha I remember you too!

we were married this past June in an old English-style inn. The ceremony was outside in the gardens in front of a gazebo overlooking the river and the reception was inside. Very beautiful--and very hot in June! ;)

How are you?

Hi,

I'm Arndis, a 17 year old arts student. I'm from Iceland and I'm in love with music. I've been listening to music since I was just a wee baby and I've seen loads of bands live.

I'm the type that's always skint because I spend all my money on going to the theatre, oh yeah I study drama so that might explain it.

I'm not single and I've been dating my boyfriend for 5 months today (21.12.2012) and I kind of hoped that the world would end because it'd be a laugh. He's the most amazing lad in the world and he took me to see MIKA in Reykjavík on the 18th and we were in the front and it was AMAZING!

Aye?

Hi,

I'm Arndis, a 17 year old arts student. I'm from Iceland and I'm in love with music. I've been listening to music since I was just a wee baby and I've seen loads of bands live.

I'm the type that's always skint because I spend all my money on going to the theatre, oh yeah I study drama so that might explain it.

I'm not single and I've been dating my boyfriend for 5 months today (21.12.2012) and I kind of hoped that the world would end because it'd be a laugh. He's the most amazing lad in the world and he took me to see MIKA in Reykjavík on the 18th and we were in the front and it was AMAZING!

Aye?

So happy to have you here! :wub2:

We had the best spots on Tuesday night, didn't we? And it WAS an amazing show!

I am so glad that Mika enticed me to visit your country -- I loved it. Hope he visits you again soon, and that you enjoy playing here with other Mika fans!

:thumb_yello:

So happy to have you here! :wub2:

We had the best spots on Tuesday night, didn't we? And it WAS an amazing show!

I am so glad that Mika enticed me to visit your country -- I loved it. Hope he visits you again soon, and that you enjoy playing here with other Mika fans!

:thumb_yello:

Yeah we did have the best spots on Tuesday, right in the middle in the front :) and the show was great. And I hope he will too but I'm not going to be too positive 'bout that.

On the other hand I'm glad you liked Iceland, did you get too see much of Iceland other than Mika?

Hi,

Aye?

Welcome to MFC Arndis :huglove:

Mika is always totally amazing :naughty::thumb_yello:

Happy anniversary :wub2:

Your boyfriend has very good taste in music :wink2:

Have fun with MFCers :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well hello there!

My name is Liz, and I am, indeed, new. So I’m guessing that this is where I am supposed to share my stories about Mika and such, and, well, to be honest, mine is a little depressing.

I first “met” Mika when I was clinically depressed and suicidal…and his song Lollipop kept creeping in my life through two of my good friends, and I just kept hearing it everywhere, and it was one thing that made me smile…which was hard to do at that point in time.

So I kept hearing this song, and eventually I got his whole “Life in Cartoon Motion” CD, and I really couldn’t put it down.

One night I was feeling particularly bad…to the point that I was about to take my own life, and I had some kind of weird feeling that I had to put his CD on, so I did…

low and behold, that was the closest that I’d ever gotten to actually killing myself, but from something so tragic, it ended with dancing around in my room for hours.

So, that’s my Mika story.

Mika saved my life.

I owe him so much for that…

You talk about life, you talk about death

And everything in between

Like it's nothing and the words are easy

You talk about me, you talk about you

And everything I do

Like it's somethin' that needs repeating

I don't need an alibi

For you to realize

The things we left unsaid

Are only taking space up in our heads

:huh:

I am not a new fan of him, I have actually been a fan of him for quite a long time, and I really think that his music is swell:blush-anim-cl:

I really love the idea of a place where everyone can talk about their love of a specific group, and when I saw this, I pounced as soon as I could.

:huglove:

I love you, Mika!:wub2:

You are super cool.:thumb_yello:

Thank you for saving my life.

love,:swoon:

Liz H.:lg:

(P.S. COME TO VIRGINIA!!!!):usa:

Well hello there!

My name is Liz, and I am, indeed, new. So I’m guessing that this is where I am supposed to share my stories about Mika and such, and, well, to be honest, mine is a little depressing.

I first “met” Mika when I was clinically depressed and suicidal…and his song Lollipop kept creeping in my life through two of my good friends, and I just kept hearing it everywhere, and it was one thing that made me smile…which was hard to do at that point in time.

So I kept hearing this song, and eventually I got his whole “Life in Cartoon Motion” CD, and I really couldn’t put it down.

One night I was feeling particularly bad…to the point that I was about to take my own life, and I had some kind of weird feeling that I had to put his CD on, so I did…

low and behold, that was the closest that I’d ever gotten to actually killing myself, but from something so tragic, it ended with dancing around in my room for hours.

So, that’s my Mika story.

Mika saved my life.

I owe him so much for that…

You talk about life, you talk about death

And everything in between

Like it's nothing and the words are easy

You talk about me, you talk about you

And everything I do

Like it's somethin' that needs repeating

I don't need an alibi

For you to realize

The things we left unsaid

Are only taking space up in our heads

:huh:

I am not a new fan of him, I have actually been a fan of him for quite a long time, and I really think that his music is swell:blush-anim-cl:

I really love the idea of a place where everyone can talk about their love of a specific group, and when I saw this, I pounced as soon as I could.

:huglove:

I love you, Mika!:wub2:

You are super cool.:thumb_yello:

Thank you for saving my life.

love,:swoon:

Liz H.:lg:

(P.S. COME TO VIRGINIA!!!!):usa:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here. Your story is very moving and it´s so good Mika can do such things without even knowing :wink2:. Here you are on the right place to talk about the best singer/songwriter .......

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new to MFC:) My names Rachel and I'm 13. I've loved Mika for as long as I can remember as my dad brought me up listening to his music.. I have all his albums and I listened to his music soo much... he has inspired to me play music myself and I currently play the piano and ukulele. :) I'm learning a few of his songs on both. I also may have a little girly crush on him too :wub2::mikalove:

Hi I'm new to MFC:) My names Rachel and I'm 13. I've loved Mika for as long as I can remember as my dad brought me up listening to his music.. I have all his albums and I listened to his music soo much... he has inspired to me play music myself and I currently play the piano and ukulele. :) I'm learning a few of his songs on both. I also may have a little girly crush on him too :wub2::mikalove:

Hi Rachel :bye: Nice to meet you. I think we may all have a little girly crush on Mika (even the older members :teehee:)

Hi Rachel!

Welcome to MFC and your dad has great taste in music - glad he imparted it to you! :thumb_yello:

See you around !

Hi I'm Ifran 19 from Leeds :thumb_yello:

I'm a student journalist and the most interesting thing about me is I saw the prime minister once....xD

Yeah I'm not very interesting xD :naughty:

Hey!! :welcomeani:

I play piano and ukalele too!! :mika2:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna indroduce myself here since I forgot to do it in my thread and couldn't find the edit button haha :blush-anim-cl:

My name is Kristin, I'm from Iceland and I'm 20. I'm graduating from collage this spring. I'm interested in animals,parrots mostly and also different cultures and languages. I love music and singing, I like drawing as well.

I first heard Mika's music in 2007 but can't really say I became a fan until last fall, then I completely fell for his music :wub2:

I'm gonna indroduce myself here since I forgot to do it in my thread and couldn't find the edit button haha :blush-anim-cl:

My name is Kristin, I'm from Iceland and I'm 20. I'm graduating from collage this spring. I'm interested in animals,parrots mostly and also different cultures and languages. I love music and singing, I like drawing as well.

I first heard Mika's music in 2007 but can't really say I became a fan until last fall, then I completely fell for his music :wub2:

Welcome! :wink2:

• 7 months later...

Here I am, wearing my heart on my sleeve, as I learnt from my favourite curly English teacher.

What a saying, by the way. I didn't get it for days....

He's teaching me new english stuff, which I love. I don't know why, I just do love english. Besides it provides me the freedom to draw from a worldwide source. Italian is totally useless (since some months ago). :naughty:

I also do love French, which it comes easier to me since I live close to France and Switzerland, and handy as well lately. :wink2:

I'm a almost 34 years old woman. Two dogs, two cats, no kids since apparently we're not supposed to. We're trying to figure it out, we won't give it up that easy. :sneaky2:

What else... I'm the person in charge in a little call center (no, we don't bother people and we don't sell stuff, we help customers). I'm a dog trainer as well. I was. I don't like that people want their dogs to be perfect machines rather than thinking and emotional beings. So I quit, even if that was my life dream. A dream forced into a daily job you don't agree with just spoil your life.

That's it.

If you have any question, just ask. I don't have corpses in my garden, so I can tell you whatever you want.

• 2 months later...

I introduced myself in another thread but apparently I have to do it here too so,

I'm 27, I'm french but I live in Czech Republic.

I teach french and english to tiny humans...teaching is a huge word though, it's more like "i play and sing and dance with kids to hopefully make them learn a few things in these languages"

I first heard Mika in 2007, as most of you I suppose. Never really considered myself a fan, even though ever since he released his first album, I've been listening to him almost every day. I guess I connected with the songs, and with the image I made of him ( never met him so I can't know if I'm wrong or right yet ). I didn't really feel the need to get into the fanbase, but recently, after having some personal issues, i feel like connecting more with the fans.

I couldn't really explain what I love about him, because obviously it's not just about the music... I like the authenticity, the originality, the simplicity, the paradox, too.

Okey Dokey Ive had a few PM's asking about me so Im kicking off the getting to know you thread , Im on Myspace somewhere but it does my head in so here we go .......................

Im 34 , a designer from Sunny Sunderland ! , design microchips for Intel , they go into your mobile phones , televisions , light sabers or whatever else is electrical these days! , I started off designing microwave ovens and TV's!

Im a lucky lad and have been blessed with travelling the world with work , 6 months in south korea was my first off , then France , Italy , Holland , Germany and seven times to Portland , Oregan on the west coast of the USA..

I love music , and have seen heaps of bands .. bon jovi , guns and roses , orson , big country , the who , the killers , muse .. etc etc , I NEVER got to see Queen live and that will say with me forever:thumbdown: although I did go to his tribute concert in 91 which was amazing , 3 rows from the front!!! , Queen came on to Tie Your Mother Down - freddie , il never forget it

I also like travelling for holidays , last year I was wth 25 mad scots on a greek island as two of them were getting married , superb , also like Madrid , Dublin , Berlin..

Im sociable , love meeting new people , errrr and thats it for now!

:bleh:

... :)