Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

at walmart today in Nebraska, USA they played Grace Kelly! i freaked out and fangurled in the aisle. sadly, looking around at the other customers, no one else around seemed to recognize it. 

after i calmed down a bit i found a spot i could hear the song better and held my phone out to take a crappy video of nothing in particular so i can relive the moment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Ero di ritorno dal concerto di Mika di Trieste nel 2016, dopo aver passato l'intera notte sui gradini della stazione, preso più treni , arrivo all'ultimo mezzo, l'autobus che mi porta a casa e che sento alla radio, Lollipop 🥰 ...non ci potevo credere! 🤗

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching an old episode of a British TV series called "Inside the Factory", in which they show you how different foods are made. This episode was on "Crisps" and the background music interspersed through was the instrumental version of "Live Your Life!" The episode was from 2016, I guess. There's a clip of it here:

https://search.alexanderstreet.com/preview/work/bibliographic_entity|video_work|4035288

I was totally caught off-guard!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I was watching an old episode of a British TV series called "Inside the Factory", in which they show you how different foods are made. This episode was on "Crisps" and the background music interspersed through was the instrumental version of "Live Your Life!" The episode was from 2016, I guess. There's a clip of it here:

https://search.alexanderstreet.com/preview/work/bibliographic_entity|video_work|4035288

I was totally caught off-guard!

Inside the Factory, Series 2, Episode 2, Crisps

directed by George Hughes, fl. 2003-2017 and Sam Bailey, fl. 2001-2017; presented by Ruth Goodman, 1963-; produced by Sam Bailey, fl. 2001-2017, George Hughes, fl. 2003-2017 and Emma Pound, fl. 2011-2017, Voltage TV Productions and British Broadcasting Corporation, in Inside the Factory, Series 2, Episode 2 (London, England: BBC Worldwide, 2016), 1 hour 5 mins

• Thanks 3

My daughter had bought me a gift box for a massage. I wanted a foot massage so I had to go to the city where my mother grew up and we went there together on Saturday November 26th. We drove and stopped for lunch at a supermarket lunch place and as soon as we got in "Staring at the sun" started playing :cloud: My mother was dashing through the supermarket to get to the food :lmfao:as she is always on the run. If I had been alone I would have recorded it by the loudspeakers but all I could do was hit "record" and try to dash after her :aah: but still you can hear it a bit on my very messy video that I shared on instagram. It made me so happy :wub2:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just heard Staring at the Sun at a Noodles & Company…while wearing a MIKA shirt…on a MIKA release day. And I have not heard a MIKA song here in Indiana for at least six or seven years. So cool! And it gave my niece a boost on a frustrating day, which makes me even happier 🥰

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Today I was in a cafe in Glasgow and I heard FIVE Mika songs on their music player! Love You When I'm Drunk, Lollipop, Billy Brown, Staring At The Sun, Stay High.

What made me excited was that they mostly played his album tracks, not the famous singles. Whoever runs that cafe has great music taste! :lol:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Today I was in a cafe in Glasgow and I heard FIVE Mika songs on their music player! Love You When I'm Drunk, Lollipop, Billy Brown, Staring At The Sun, Stay High.

What made me excited was that they mostly played his album tracks, not the famous singles. Whoever runs that cafe has great music taste! :lol:

WOW!!! That's brilliant!

Can you remember the cafe name? Any fans in the area could be sure to visit it. :lustslow:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hero said:

WOW!!! That's brilliant!

Can you remember the cafe name? Any fans in the area could be sure to visit it. :lustslow:

It was a place called Ronzio in the city's west end. I will be sure to visit again! The coffee was also lovely :original:

As a side note, I believe there is a hair salon called Mika in the city too! Never been though.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually had 2 instances of hearing Mika 'in the wild' during the gig trips last week! :lol3:

In A Coruña, staggering back to the hotel after the gig, passed a late night bar around 2am with the final lines of "Hurts" playing. :lustslow:

In Nice, sitting in a cafe at lunchtime the day of the Monaco gig, and "Popular" starts playing! It was the Ariana version though. I prefer the psychotic rap version. :naughty:

• Like 1

Nothing extraordinary but when I arrived to Palma de Mallorca this July and got on our transfer bus, they were just playing Grace Kelly (I guess it was the driver's radio). A nice beginning to a great summer holiday! :thumb_yello:

19 hours ago, Hero said:

In A Coruña, staggering back to the hotel after the gig, passed a late night bar around 2am with the final lines of "Hurts" playing. :lustslow:

That's so rare to hear Hurts somewhere, not even Mika sings it live anymore, it's one of my favourite songs! I'd love to hear it live someday. :cloud:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I heard Underwater in a random shoe shop in my city in Austria this week.

I've never randomly heard a Mika song other than Grace Kelly or Relax here and certainly none that's not on the first or second album. I got so excited, my friend was very confused :D

Coincidentally I also watched Pitch Perfect 3 yesterday and I didn't know Elle Me Dit was in it!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

I heard Underwater in a random shoe shop in my city in Austria this week.

I've never randomly heard a Mika song other than Grace Kelly or Relax here and certainly none that's not on the first or second album. I got so excited, my friend was very confused :D

It seems he has some fans working in shoe shops in Austria :teehee:  While I was on my way to Mika gig in Zurich in 2019, I stopped in Salzburg and J'ai Pas Envie was playing in some shoe shop :shocked:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAf6nZUBjhq/

• Like 4

At my work (a Praxis, a hardware store in the Netherlands) there was a period where I’d hear Youth and Love about three times a day every day😄 This was I believe in 2020/2021. The radio at my work is one that’s listed by headquarters so there’s someone that chose Mika for the lists👌👌 Very good song for a place like that. And after a while they changed to the version without Mika.. They do still play Big Girls regularly. 

• Like 5

Not so much "heard in the wild", but at work I usually have the office to myself after 5pm. For that last hour, to help de-stress, you bet I turn up the volume on the pc and play Mika. We do still have students milling around in the big hall corridor outside doing a lecture changeover, so anyone walking past is going to hear it. :lol3: Recently they'll think I'm giving a class in French songs - EMD, BBB, CLV, AC, JPE... and also Zaz "Je Veux", Jain "Come", and Indila "Dernier Danse". All of which are part of my Mika world, as I was introduced to them by following him. :wub2:

• Like 5