I won't be going as my mobility and balence probs restrict me. But I'm just as happy as if I was going, because he's finally performing in the UK, and I know the Mika fans will take vids and upload them to YT so I'll see it all!!!

I'm sorry for the younglings though, if they can't go because of age restrictions, but hopefully, Mika will announce some theatre gigs in his tour for the new album.

Hopefully, we'll also get a single soon, this will help with the waiting for the new album to be released.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry younglings and sorry Marilyn. That's a bummer. :(

I don't live in London, but it's nice to have a UK gig finally announced for summer:biggrin2:

I think all of the UK could fit into southern Ontario so you're practically right next door, to me. Have fun. :wink2:

It's £50 a ticket??? Do I want to spend that? :no: It's a festival and I only want to see one artist on the bill :huh: And because it's a festival it'll be a shorter set :sad: And after EMD, and looking at the rest of the bill at this gig, I think Mika's gone all clubby and that might mean less good melodies :huh: And it's England in June so it'll probably rain :sad: And it's a weekend so public transport will be useless :rolls_eyes:

*goes to buy ticket* :roll1:

It's £50 a ticket??? Do I want to spend that? :no: It's a festival and I only want to see one artist on the bill :huh: And because it's a festival it'll be a shorter set :sad: And after EMD, and looking at the rest of the bill at this gig, I think Mika's gone all clubby and that might mean less good melodies :huh: And it's England in June so it'll probably rain :sad: And it's a weekend so public transport will be useless :rolls_eyes:

You sound like me :lmfao:

You're so weak:naughty:

:lmao: from the videos i've watched it's always been a sunny weekend *crosses fingers* :naughty:

I want to see Lana Del Rey ... so won't bother with the front row for Mika ... is it awful that I can't be bothered lol ... I shall rush off back to wherever Mika is for his set after she's finished ... they're the only two I want to see :teehee:

I want to see Lana Del Rey ... so won't bother with the front row for Mika ... is it awful that I can't be bothered lol ... I shall rush off back to wherever Mika is for his set after she's finished ... they're the only two I want to see :teehee:

Seems to me that Lana Del Rey is as interesting as the Tindersticks, judging from her music.:mf_rosetinted:

Seems to me that Lana Del Rey is as interesting as the Tindersticks, judging from her music.:mf_rosetinted:

Shhhh you lol ... I really like her actually ... or at least I love her album :naughty:

am with you there..... she holds no interest to me

However, Holly Johnson? saw him live last summer and he was amazing! I was never a fan and wasnt keen on him headlining rewind last year but he blew everyone away. Was very impressed!!

I was actually believing your post as I read it..............but sort of in disbelief at the same time :naughty:

I was actually believing your post as I read it..............but sort of in disbelief at the same time :naughty:

Well, I thought I'd make the effort to go, even though it's - ooh - five miles at least from my house, and I think I might have to get two different tubes. After all, don't forget I am the person who went all the way to St Petersburg to take a photo of the poster for the gig that never was :roftl:

Well, I thought I'd make the effort to go, even though it's - ooh - five miles at least from my house, and I think I might have to get two different tubes. After all, don't forget I am the person who went all the way to St Petersburg to take a photo of the poster for the gig that never was :roftl:

Well yes indeed. That was forefront in my mind as I was reading :naughty:

I´m happy for everyone who will go there. Enjoy the gig and have lots of fun.

Thanks Sabine :huglove:

:teehee:

I hope you could do some sightseeing at least. For concerts I always choose countries and places I would otherwise also like to visit so that I don't get disappointed in case the gig gets cancelled.

:teehee:

I hope you could do some sightseeing at least. For concerts I always choose countries and places I would otherwise also like to visit so that I don't get disappointed in case the gig gets cancelled.

Absolutely, Suzie. And St Petersburg was beautiful. I'm not sure that I'll be quite so thrilled to explore the delights of Hackney. In fact, although I've lived in London since I was born, I have yet to discover any delights in Hackney! :teehee:

Absolutely, Suzie. And St Petersburg was beautiful. I'm not sure that I'll be quite so thrilled to explore the delights of Hackney. In fact, although I've lived in London since I was born, I have yet to discover any delights in Hackney! :teehee:

I am wondering if Hackney has an ice cream parlour as good as that one in St Petersburg?

I would agree totally. Even when that gig was cancelled I was still determined to go to St Petersbrgh and it was well worth it. Hell of a journey just to see a poster obviously but what the hell :wink2:.

:lmfao:

I'll bet you even went for the VIP ticket -- it's just £98 I think. :wink2:

Even though I'm not really fond of festivals, I might look into this.

I quite like many of the other artists on the bill. I mean, Grace Jones?

Really? She's a legend! And Holly Johnson, and Patrick Wolf, and Lana del

Ray, and Tiga... plus the chance to FINALLY hear the new music live?

Hmmm.... could be interesting...

What about those VIP tickets? Do they allow to enter before the others in a separate line or they'll open the gates all togher?

The ticket is really pricy but if it gives some privileges could be useful...does anyone know?

Patrick Wolf is such a great entertainer. I know a lot of people didn't like him when he opened for Mika at Somerset House but if he is playing in a small tent or whatever do not miss him. He is really great in an intimate setting especially if he's in a chatty mood and feeling at home. He loves Toronto and has friends here so we always get a great show and I can imagine it will be the same in London, especially at this Jodie Harsh event.

I wish I could go but flights out of Toronto have just become exorbitant beyond all justification. It is more than twice the price now that it was the first time I came to see Mika in 2007. They wanted $700 just for a flight to Montreal which is like the equivalent of paying over £400 to fly from London to Paris. :boxed: Even flying from LON > TOR > LON costs half of what it does to fly from TOR > LON > TOR. :doh: It is a total scam to rip off Canadians. :aah:

:lmfao:

I'll bet you even went for the VIP ticket -- it's just £98 I think. :wink2:

Even though I'm not really fond of festivals, I might look into this.

I quite like many of the other artists on the bill. I mean, Grace Jones?

Really? She's a legend! And Holly Johnson, and Patrick Wolf, and Lana del

Ray, and Tiga... plus the chance to FINALLY hear the new music live?

Hmmm.... could be interesting...

Would be great if you could make it Deb :biggrin2:

Patrick Wolf is such a great entertainer. I know a lot of people didn't like him when he opened for Mika at Somerset House but if he is playing in a small tent or whatever do not miss him. He is really great in an intimate setting especially if he's in a chatty mood and feeling at home. He loves Toronto and has friends here so we always get a great show and I can imagine it will be the same in London, especially at this Jodie Harsh event.

I wish I could go but flights out of Toronto have just become exorbitant beyond all justification. It is more than twice the price now that it was the first time I came to see Mika in 2007. They wanted $700 just for a flight to Montreal which is like the equivalent of paying over £400 to fly from London to Paris. :boxed: Even flying from LON > TOR > LON costs half of what it does to fly from TOR > LON > TOR. :doh: It is a total scam to rip off Canadians. :aah:

Crazy prices :insane:.

I quite like the sound of the line up too.

Should be a good day.

Should be a good day.

Yes for sure, have fun!

I too have not enjoyed the delights of Hackney. :lmfao: But I lived in Tower Hamlets, just south of there, along the Thames. I loved it, loved it, loved it. I usually try to get back to Wapping for one night on my trips but I never stay around there because it's far away from gigs (and everything else) so it would be nice to return and be able to stay in that part of town because it's close to the venue. Maybe some other time. :tears:

Did anyone buy the VIP tickets?

I would if I was going. :teehee: