I think that the sack represents the love of his lover through which he can breathe underwater. Or at least I understood in this way...

But the mermaids/mermen can already breathe underwater so they would be leaving him to drown for no reason. That's not nice. :sneaky2:

:naughty:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it better after I watched it a few more times :whew: But Mika still looks awkward. And when he tries to control his boat, it looks like he's having chicken with it :naughty: Don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks so :aah:

Mika is right, he would be a really really really bad actor :mf_rosetinted: To me he looks just awkward (and not in a cute way) during the whole video (especially when the boat starts to swing) :aah: But I should give it another chance I guess... *goes to watch it again*

I agree.It looks a little bit ridiculous to me,I was expecting for something big for this song,a breathtaking video that would have caught people's attention all over the world.The underwater part it's really good,but the rest.....:aah: And I think that boat is too small for him :teehee:

Edited by krysady

Well, I think the video cames out well, it's just a good video.

The background is gorgeous, and it reminds me of a painting, as I said...obviously this one from Gericault :wub2:

800px-JEAN_LOUIS_TH%C3%89ODORE_G%C3%89RICAULT_-_La_Balsa_de_la_Medusa_%28Museo_del_Louvre%2C_1818-19%29.jpg

It's good to see so many face close-ups, some facial expression are so lovely... (some others are awkward, ok? xD But it's Mika, you know :aah:)

he needs to learn his lyrics :doh:

I know what you mean and agree! :doh: In the second verse he said 'bursting' and 'your head' I guess...oh Mika, choose a lyrics and take it forever xD

90% of my mind says " Yes , that's MIKA " but the other 10% is like " Nah , that's not him "

I see the 90% is comeing from them curls :teehee: but , mabey It's just me but the 10% is the color it seems like a light brown / tanish color :dunno:

So , yeah

Thought it'd be practical to have a seperate thread for this, the video looks like it's going to be stunning :wub2:

@itgirlforever: @NorrisXThrash styling British singer, #MIKA for his upcoming music video "Underwater"

d677ea081a2511e2a86422000a1c03e2_7.jpg

Ashamed to admit that I'm still not sure whether this is Mika or not lol

90% of my mind says " Yes , that's MIKA " but the other 10% is like " Nah , that's not him "

I see the 90% is comeing from them curls :teehee: but , mabey It's just me but the 10% is the color it seems like a light brown / tanish color .

So , yeah

I can know that guy is not Mika. Cause the man's abdominal part is somewhat plump than Mika. Haha...:teehee:

The video is out:

I've watched it and have some mixed feelings. I didn't like the part in the boat because it looked so fake. It would have worked for me if they'd used real water, or Computer generated water. There was no excuse for wafting blue sheets, with the technology we have today.

But I absolutely love the underwater part. It was brilliant and Mika is so gorgeous in the video.

It's good to see so many face close-ups, some facial expression are so lovely... (some others are awkward, ok? xD But it's Mika, you know :aah:)

Yes! That's exactly what I tried to explain. He looks really beautiful. Okay, a bit awkward at some point but it's Mika, he supposed to look like that! lol!

I love this painting idea, it's very romantic :wub2: No wonder he laughed when he saw the fabric sea in Luxembourg, it looked a bit like the sea in the video :teehee:

The boat part is beautiful with the fabric. But overal I think the video is quite boring and it feels artificial (don't know if that's the right word in english)

And maybe I'm stupid but I don't get the mermaid thing and why he's on a boat.

I don´t dare to watch it again... seriously.. :shocked:

If this one would have been released on April 1st at least I would have laughed without any restriction.

I love Mika, but that boat is... :aah: and him with the rope... :aah:

I thought he had been saying during the last interviews that he didn´t want to look like a caricature... hummm :mf_rosetinted:

He looks gorgeous,and beautiful,and stunning in every second of his life,but that's not the point here.Just imagine what random people will think seeing this vid,it's not really a masterpiece.

Things like these are what make an amazing album disappear. Thank you to whoever decided it was the best idea... LOL

No, seriously... I loved the Celebrate vid... it was well done, sounded "realistic" and he looked gorgeous too, simply cause he is. But that fake... I´m not sure what he meant at all. And yes, he looks good, but come on... how is he going to look bad?? He would look good at any point of his life...

I don´t get it.

I really love the vid. The colourpalette has been chosen so well. The exaggerated sky combined with the simple blue fabric as waves.

And I don't think it's because of the budget they've used the fabric as waves. I think it's an actual choice, and I love it. It's what makes the video extra special imo. It kinda reminds me of the video for Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men. I don't know why, but the boat part has the same vibe as the video.

The underwater part could've been a tiny bit longer in my opinion. But it's done nicely, makes a good contrast with the intense colours above the water.

I really love the vid. The colourpalette has been chosen so well. The exaggerated sky combined with the simple blue fabric as waves.

And I don't think it's because of the budget they've used the fabric as waves. I think it's an actual choice, and I love it. It's what makes the video extra special imo. It kinda reminds me of the video for Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men. I don't know why, but the boat part has the same vibe as the video.

The underwater part could've been a tiny bit longer in my opinion. But it's done nicely, makes a good contrast with the intense colours above the water.

I really wish everyone thought like you... Cause Mika needs a good vid out there now more than ever.

Edited by basicamenteyo

I really wish everyone would think like you... Cause Mika needs a good vid out there now more than ever.

:aah: I know not everyone will like this one.

And I don't know if the Origin of Love video was good because I still haven't watched it :teehee:

But I just love these kind of things. I know it doesn't look realistic, but that's just what I love and you can also see it was never meant to look realistic. it looks handmade with the fabric. And the sky makes it look like a painting.

And did I mention the colours :wub2: they're so aesthetically pleasing, just like in the GK video.

:wub2:

I like the video. Mika looks great in it and I really love the way the music breaks in it, it really enhances the song, I think.

I've just realized what this song reminds me of. Coldplay. Not a specific song of theirs, but it has a Coldplay sound. It could easily be a Coldplay album track. I still think the chorus lacks punch though. All in all, the video helps sell the song, I think, which is good. :thumb_yello:

I really wish everyone thought like you... Cause Mika needs a good vid out there now more than ever.

I haven't seen the Little talks video, but I agree with what Step said, especially on the last 2 phrases ;)

Edited by BiaIchihara

:aah: I know not everyone will like this one.

And I don't know if the Origin of Love video was good because I still haven't watched it :teehee:

But I just love these kind of things. I know it doesn't look realistic, but that's just what I love and you can also see it was never meant to look realistic. it looks handmade with the fabric. And the sky makes it look like a painting.

And did I mention the colours :wub2: they're so aesthetically pleasing, just like in the GK video.

:wub2:

I think that only someone with the painting skills that you have could realise of those details. The vid is made for the people in general, and for what I see... people is not loving it that much. Also it has nothing to do with the rest of vids Mika did before, so I´m not thinking that this is what Mika exclusively demanded, cause it´s not "Mika-ish" at all.

With this vid I have the same feeling as with the video that the south american guy, Cristian... sorry I forgot the surname, did. I didn´t like it AT ALL. It didn´t remind me of Mika, of the idea of Mika I had. And it happens the same with this one. I can see similarities among HE, BIOTG and WAG vids. But this one, has nothing to do with those. After Celebrate (that looked a bit like Rain but in a more professinal way IMO) I thought he was finally going to make some...interesting videoclips.

Maybe he loves it, and perhaps, if he explains the meaning of the vid, I could interpret it differently. But now, I´ve just watched it once, and the feelings are:

- fake boat in a fake sea and Mika exaggerating his role A LOT.

- nice shoots underwater.

That´s all.

I agree.It looks a little bit ridiculous to me,I was expecting for something big for this song,a breathtaking video that would have caught people's attention all over the world.The underwater part it's really good,but the rest.....:aah: And I think that boat is too small for him :teehee:

Reminds me of that classic line in the film Jaws,"we should have bought a bigger boat":naughty:

I like the video, the second part particularly, though the ending made me sad.

hm, not sure what i think of this video. i find it beautiful and disturbing at the same time, but i wouldn't be surprised if that was mika's intention. :naughty: what bothers me most is that it's on a fine line between artistic and trashy/cheap and unfortunately because of 2 little details the cheap part is taking over. :sad: first and foremost, like robi mentioned, the wrong words that mika sings. i hadn't noticed the "bursting" first, as i concentrated on other things in this image, but the "your" where the lyrics say "my" is just too obvious! :aah: the second thing that looks really cheap imo is the "franklin marshall" product placement at 00:43 - seriously, WTF?! :sneaky2:

but besides that, i also think the fabric being used as water is on purpose, to make it look "hand made", and the whole image of the boat, the fabric water and the painted sky look really artistic. it might just have been the cutting that ruined the video, but then i wonder, didn't mika see and have to give his ok to the final version before it got published? :dunno:

the other thing that personally disturbs me (but this probably doesn't hurt the public's view of the video, unlike the other things i mentioned) is that mika drowns in the end of the video - and they don't just steal his bag of light but also his jacket, wtf?! :sneaky2::naughty: nah really, it's a ballad, ok, but it's a love song with rather happy lyrics, compared to others of mika's songs, so why does the video have to turn that around and have such a sad ending?! :sneaky2: it's like the movie "the storm", i really really hate this movie because you watch for hours how they fight and fight and you hope at least some of them will make it, and then they all die. :aah:

so well, i definitely like the celebrate video more than this one, but it does have some beautiful scenes. and it's different, not what you normally see in music videos, so if that makes people have a closer look and then maybe decide they like the song, then it does what it's supposed to do.

hm, not sure what i think of this video. i find it beautiful and disturbing at the same time, but i wouldn't be surprised if that was mika's intention. :naughty: what bothers me most is that it's on a fine line between artistic and trashy/cheap and unfortunately because of 2 little details the cheap part is taking over. :sad: first and foremost, like robi mentioned, the wrong words that mika sings. i hadn't noticed the "bursting" first, as i concentrated on other things in this image, but the "your" where the lyrics say "my" is just too obvious! :aah: the second thing that looks really cheap imo is the "franklin marshall" product placement at 00:43 - seriously, WTF?! :sneaky2:

but besides that, i also think the fabric being used as water is on purpose, to make it look "hand made", and the whole image of the boat, the fabric water and the painted sky look really artistic. it might just have been the cutting that ruined the video, but then i wonder, didn't mika see and have to give his ok to the final version before it got published? :dunno:

the other thing that personally disturbs me (but this probably doesn't hurt the public's view of the video, unlike the other things i mentioned) is that mika drowns in the end of the video - and they don't just steal his bag of light but also his jacket, wtf?! :sneaky2::naughty: nah really, it's a ballad, ok, but it's a love song with rather happy lyrics, compared to others of mika's songs, so why does the video have to turn that around and have such a sad ending?! :sneaky2: it's like the movie "the storm", i really really hate this movie because you watch for hours how they fight and fight and you hope at least some of them will make it, and then they all die. :aah:

so well, i definitely like the celebrate video more than this one, but it does have some beautiful scenes. and it's different, not what you normally see in music videos, so if that makes people have a closer look and then maybe decide they like the song, then it does what it's supposed to do.

Don´t forget the F&M is also in his jacket. It´s ok to have promotors to pay the vid,but :aah:

Anyway, I totally agree with you. It looks cheap in a bad way. Cause GK was even cheaper and didn´t look like this... not sure if you understand what I mean...

Never realised about the lyrics.. but I´ve only watched it once, maybe I´ll give it a second try someday LOL

Mika looks amazing, that´s true. But he is handsome, there´s no other way to look like for him :aah: