MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Garou looks like he's watching a hockey game at his friend's house which is not much better than Mika's horrific eyesore of a chintzy sofa cover/suit. Isn't there a happy medium where these men can just wear something smart to look attractive on television? I mean they can wear their pajamas or one of Cher's costumes circa 1973 in another setting for all I care but this is TV ffs. People are actually watching you and you owe it to their eyes to make an effort without going overboard :naughty:

I don't know if I can ever catch up with this show. I was not even tired but literally fell asleep yesterday trying to watch Garou pick his team from a couple of weeks ago. I really do like some of these singers but the format of the show is just dragging on too long. And I don't like the way they group people together to do the eliminations. It didn't make sense for Garou to eliminate Melissa Bon when he has weaker singers on his team. She should not have been pitted against his two strongest.

And am I hearing that Manon was not chosen? Come on she is one of the best Anyway don't tell me. I will try to catch up and don't want any more spoilers. :aah:

This relates to a debate my family was having last night. 13yo is a fan of bands like Imagine Dragons, One Republic, The Script and American Authors. I told her that while they made fine songs, I found them to be very generic looking, like if you mixed them all up, you wouldn't be able to sort them back into their respective bands because all the members look the same.

13yo and 9yo said they liked their rock stars to look like guys you'd see at the local minimart. They were more real. Husband said you need to have a charismatic front man that everyone knows. I said if you're going to be a rock star, be a rock star and look like one. I guess that's why I'm ok with the butterfly suit. I don't expect him to look normal. It was an interesting discussion.

Hello :)

Watch and Download "The Voice" & "La Suite" n°13 on MikaWebsite[.Com!] :)

"The Voice" & "La Suite" n°13 : http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-the-voice-prime-n13-the-voice-suite-episode-n13/

Watch and download (vidéo + mp3) "Mika chante avec les coachs et sa Team": http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-chante-les-coachs-team/

Can anyone do the translation of the parts (live show and Suite) where there are Mika and his team talking, please?

There are also some funny parts of La Suite, like when Caroline talks and a scene where everyone laughs because Florent Pagny says something while Jenifer is talking, but they speak too fast to understand.Would be nice to translate them.

Thank you in advance! :original:

"The Voice" & "La Suite" n°13 : http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-the-voice-prime-n13-the-voice-suite-episode-n13/

Watch and download (vidéo + mp3) "Mika chante avec les coachs et sa Team": http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-mika-chante-les-coachs-team/

Thanks Antoine :thumb_yello:

Hello everybody!

I was at yesterday's live show with other fans, and it was FUUUUUUUN!! :wub2::wub2:

Much much better than the "Epreuve ultime": as it was live they had to follow the schedule, so everything was going quite fast and was not boring for us.

But we had to stand from 6 to midnight, my poor feet :aah:

This was especially great because Mika sang twice: one time at the beginning, a medley with the other coaches (including Relax with Garou :wub2:), then "Just can't get enough" (it reminded me of the videos of Parc des Princes :wub2:) with his talents.

I will not spoil the show for those who haven't seen it yet, I'm very disappointed by the public choice (as was obviously Mika too, it was not what he expected :aah: you could tell it by his face - the production cut most of it but it was obvious). I loved the show and the contestants so it was really a good time for me.

We were lucky enough to be almost all Mikafans together (there were also people from MFC, it was nice to see you guys :huglove:) in the corner next to Mika. He had a perfect view on us :naughty: I think that helped him, because he saw us and waved from the beginning, then when he had to start his song (Relax) he was waiting in the corner very close to us. I think it was good for him to hear us singing Relax when Garou was singing his part, he knew we were (of course :mf_rosetinted:) supporting him very loud :naughty: because first we could feel that he was very stressed (less than for the first blind audition or the first battle, imo, but still).

One of the best part for me was to be able to watch him preparing himself the few seconds before singing. I mean, focussing. That's what he does usually backstage before starting a show, but there it was, let's say, 2 meters away from us (I think it was quite difficult for him to have to prepare himself like that to jump into the song from the middle of the audiance), so we could see it (even if I was trying not to look too much directly at him, in order not to disturb him more :aah:).

As you may have read on Twitter, he had a flux (?), not feeling well, poor Mika.

At the end of the show, he came to our group to have a quick chat and to tell us he was sick so he would leave quickly (so we would not wait hours for him outside) as he was working the day after.

Oh, and I have to say that I was "WTF?!" when seeing only his butterfly pants from far away (during the news interview with the other coaches, he was wearing the pants and simply the shirt), then he came back with the whole suit, and we could see it was butterflies, now I love it :wub2:

(sorry for the English mistakes)

Thanks, Melanie! I was sure you would prepare a nice report, as always! :huglove:I haven't watched the replay yet, but seeing some pictures on Twitter, it seems indeed that you were very close to the stage and to Mika! Well done! Now your feet have some days to rest after this exhausting night! Have you planned to attend all lives untill the final?

Thank you so much Antoine! :thumb_yello:

I guess that's why I'm ok with the butterfly suit. I don't expect him to look normal.

It's not that it looks abnormal. It's just ugly. I mean there is nothing avant garde or rock starish or artistic about it. It is not outrageous and flamboyant in the way that Adam Lambert or Cee Lo Green's or Elton John's costumes are. It's not a costume, it's just a suit. It is exactly the same cut and fit as the 100 other suits he wears. But it's made with a busy chintzy looking fabric that's hard on the eyes and doesn't do anything to flatter him. Maybe if it was just the jacket but the pants are too much. :aah:

But I understand your view. You seem more like Florent Pagny! He's looking for singers and real voices with the right notes at the right time.

Well you know I am not trying to be pedantic about it. Garou also said about Melissa that the show was about the voice so he let her go. I don't agree with that because I think the unique quality of her voice and charisma counts for a lot. I also think some of these other singers make for entertaining early rounds. But when it starts getting down to the wire these people should be the first to go in favour of the ones who have exceptional voices.

Like the novelty of Spleen has worn off now. Obviously all he is ever going to do is randomly jump back and forth between Miss Piggy and Grover during every song for no rational reason. This was very risky during the auditions and it paid off but it doesn't make him a great artist. It's just a silly gimmick and doesn't qualify as any kind of proper interpretation of a song.

Does anyone know how this live voting works? Aren't the first singers going to have an unfair advantage? There doesn't seem to be any time between when the last singer finishes and they announce the winner. When does the audience start/stop voting for each group?

It's not that it looks abnormal. It's just ugly. I mean there is nothing avant garde or rock starish or artistic about it. It is not outrageous and flamboyant in the way that Adam Lambert or Cee Lo Green's or Elton John's costumes are. It's not a costume, it's just a suit. It is exactly the same cut and fit as the 100 other suits he wears. But it's made with a busy chintzy looking fabric that's hard on the eyes and doesn't do anything to flatter him. Maybe if it was just the jacket but the pants are too much. :aah:

Well you know I am not trying to be pedantic about it. Garou also said about Melissa that the show was about the voice so he let her go. I don't agree with that because I think the unique quality of her voice and charisma counts for a lot. I also think some of these other singers make for entertaining early rounds. But when it starts getting down to the wire these people should be the first to go in favour of the ones who have exceptional voices.

Like the novelty of Spleen has worn off now. Obviously all he is ever going to do is randomly jump back and forth between Miss Piggy and Grover during every song for no rational reason. This was very risky during the auditions and it paid off but it doesn't make him a great artist. It's just a silly gimmick and doesn't qualify as any kind of proper interpretation of a song.

Does anyone know how this live voting works? Aren't the first singers going to have an unfair advantage? There doesn't seem to be any time between when the last singer finishes and they announce the winner. When does the audience start/stop voting for each group?

From what I gather, people could start voting when it was the team turns and it stopped shortly after the 3rd singer was on.

Watching LaVoix semi-final and there are some really awesome voices:thumb_yello:

Christine, I agree that the suit would have looked much better if only the jscket had been patterned. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next week.

When they vote for the groups of 3, is it the studio audience, and texting/calling/internet? That's not a lot of time to collect votes. One thing that doesn't drag out on this show!

From what I gather, people could start voting when it was the team turns and it stopped shortly after the 3rd singer was on.

So doesn't this ridiculously favour the first singer in the group since there is 3x as much time to vote for them? :blink: If "fans" of the third singer start voting for them while the first singer is on to give them an equal chance then what is the point of them even singing on the show since people are not voting based on the performance?

So doesn't this ridiculously favour the first singer in the group since there is 3x as much time to vote for them? :blink: If "fans" of the third singer start voting for them while the first singer is on to give them an equal chance then what is the point of them even singing on the show since people are not voting based on the performance?

Think that's the caveat of the show... It's not totally based on the performance. In our version, people can vote but the coach also gives a note and they add the two parts.

If it's like here, the voting only starts when the 3rd contestant is finished singing and lasts a few minutes, so it's even for everyone.

If it's like here, the voting only starts when the 3rd contestant is finished singing and lasts a few minutes, so it's even for everyone.

I finally finished watching it (these shows are so long :aah:) and before Mika's team it sounded like the woman said there was only 3 minutes for voting? That makes more sense.

I finally finished watching it (these shows are so long :aah:) and before Mika's team it sounded like the woman said there was only 3 minutes for voting? That makes more sense.

i'm sure every contestants have the exact same time.

I don't know the exact length of time though. Long enough for them to get ready & sing a song i guess. It was quite short in La Voix as well

Oh and I noticed Miri in the audience. I wasn't even looking for MFCers because I assumed everyone was out of range of the cameras but there she was! :teehee:

yes, she was there :wub2:

Thanks, Melanie! I was sure you would prepare a nice report, as always! :huglove:I haven't watched the replay yet, but seeing some pictures on Twitter, it seems indeed that you were very close to the stage and to Mika! Well done! Now your feet have some days to rest after this exhausting night! Have you planned to attend all lives untill the final?

thanks Claire, I will be for sure attending to a few other shows thanks to the multipass, and I'll also try to get tickets to the last ones.

About the voting time, the contestants all have the same amount of time but, as you said, it makes it more based on the previous performance and/or personnality and voice, than on the live performance.

watching the latest episode right now... I don't know if I'm right, but it seems like Mika is the only couch that, when it comes to judge the contestants, is completely honest and sincere... he has no fear on pointing their weak points

Hello everybody!

I was at yesterday's live show with other fans, and it was FUUUUUUUN!! :wub2::wub2:

Much much better than the "Epreuve ultime": as it was live they had to follow the schedule, so everything was going quite fast and was not boring for us.

But we had to stand from 6 to midnight, my poor feet :aah:

This was especially great because Mika sang twice: one time at the beginning, a medley with the other coaches (including Relax with Garou :wub2:), then "Just can't get enough" (it reminded me of the videos of Parc des Princes :wub2:) with his talents.

I will not spoil the show for those who haven't seen it yet, I'm very disappointed by the public choice (as was obviously Mika too, it was not what he expected :aah: you could tell it by his face - the production cut most of it but it was obvious). I loved the show and the contestants so it was really a good time for me.

We were lucky enough to be almost all Mikafans together (there were also people from MFC, it was nice to see you guys :huglove:) in the corner next to Mika. He had a perfect view on us :naughty: I think that helped him, because he saw us and waved from the beginning, then when he had to start his song (Relax) he was waiting in the corner very close to us. I think it was good for him to hear us singing Relax when Garou was singing his part, he knew we were (of course :mf_rosetinted:) supporting him very loud :naughty: because first we could feel that he was very stressed (less than for the first blind audition or the first battle, imo, but still).

One of the best part for me was to be able to watch him preparing himself the few seconds before singing. I mean, focussing. That's what he does usually backstage before starting a show, but there it was, let's say, 2 meters away from us (I think it was quite difficult for him to have to prepare himself like that to jump into the song from the middle of the audiance), so we could see it (even if I was trying not to look too much directly at him, in order not to disturb him more :aah:).

As you may have read on Twitter, he had a flux (?), not feeling well, poor Mika.

At the end of the show, he came to our group to have a quick chat and to tell us he was sick so he would leave quickly (so we would not wait hours for him outside) as he was working the day after.

Oh, and I have to say that I was "WTF?!" when seeing only his butterfly pants from far away (during the news interview with the other coaches, he was wearing the pants and simply the shirt), then he came back with the whole suit, and we could see it was butterflies, now I love it :wub2:

(sorry for the English mistakes)

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for your report - you're really lucky who could experience this live, from such a good place !! :blush-anim-cl: It's great to know that MIKA both saw you all, and felt your support, and took some time with you after the show, to explain why he left - very nice done ...:wub2:

My first thought too was the Parc de Prince gig, when I saw "Just can't get enough" ..:fisch:

Love,love

me

Oh and I noticed Miri in the audience. I wasn't even looking for MFCers because I assumed everyone was out of range of the cameras but there she was! :teehee:

I was standing behind Nikos every time he talked with the contestants (when the coaches gave their opinions). I was a bit worried that I will show on television but trusted they film their faces and that I'm low enough.