Mika's collaboration with Pilot!

NaoMika

On 1/15/2018 at 10:13 AM, We-Are-Golden said:

Wanted to let you all know; I've mailed the Dutch webshop (Prooffice) about when we would be able to expect the pens. They wrote back: 'We have to re-order them. We don't have a date yet for them to be delivered, but when we get them in again, we will ship them as fast as possible'.

I have the feeling maaany people have been ordering there. :naughty: I hope I can stay patient. :teehee: 

I'm curious to know how many they had in store :wink2: They didn't know how crazy we can be when it comes to Mika :naughty: 

I hope we'll get them soon,  but it will certainly be earlier than September (as I was told by Pilot Pen France the boxes would be available then) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I'm curious to know how many they had in store :wink2: They didn't know how crazy we can be when it comes to Mika :naughty: 

I hope we'll get them soon,  but it will certainly be earlier than September (as I was told by Pilot Pen France the boxes would be available then) 

I think they didn't had very much in stock and they didn't expect so many orders from all over the world :teehee: 

I'm not sure when we will get them here, I hope soon :naughty: 

• Like 2

On 2017/12/23 at 1:16 AM, NaoMika said:

OPI

https://www.opi.net/

Vendor Profile: Pilot

Editorial, 22 December 2017

https://www.opi.net/issues/2018/decemberjanuary-20172018/features-decemberjanuary-20172018/vendor-profile-pilot

Celebrating with a splash – and a celebrity

OPI speaks to Ken Schoellhammer, European Brand Manager at Pilot Corporation of Europe about how the company is marking its anniversary in 2018

OPI: 100 years in business is a very special occasion. How are you planning to celebrate the event in Europe specifically in 2018? 

Ken Schoellhammer: It is indeed a very special occasion for our company. Marketing-wise, it is a great opportunity for an outstanding campaign. Awareness of the Pilot brand is generally good already in Europe, although it needs boosting in some countries.

One of our key priorities was to use this anniversary opportunity to highlight Pilot’s leading products. Of course we want to throw a big party to celebrate, but the aim of the party is also to raise our brand and product profile in the minds of our distributors as well as consumers. We wanted to come up with something very special and unique for this 100th anniversary.

Typically, you would launch a new range of products that embodies the special occasion. This would then be followed up with top-notch advertising material, a dedicated website, plenty of brand content, etc.

But we felt there was still something missing, a kind of special ‘wow’ factor that would make the campaign really stand out and be seen. Because, let’s face it: in our particular sector we don’t have the financial resources of industries such as automotive or high-tech. Pilot is probably the writing instruments’ brand that invests the most in media and advertising, but our share of voice still remains tiny in the universe of advertisers. 

OPI: So how can you be more visible with a limited budget – what did you come up with?

KS: We explored the concept of a celebrity endorsement. This type of campaign can build brand equity and awareness. You have to be careful though as there can be pitfalls. It could be the celebrity overshadowing the brand, so even if the ad recall is good but brand attribution weak, the campaign overall cannot be considered a success. 

When we started on this path, we set ourselves a list of objective criteria: the international character of the celebrity, because the playground for this particular campaign is Europe; his/her cross-generational appeal; and perhaps most importantly how he/she resonates with the type of product we manufacture. As a marketer, I see myself as a constant gardener – my approach is perennial and I’m not looking for one-shots that provoke a big spike in noise and activity that cannot be sustained over time.

My belief is that there has to be a connection at a deeper level. Obviously, Nike and Michael Jordan come to mind as the most successful endorsement ever, but very often it is about piggy-backing on a famous celebrity just because he/she is famous. 

Mika, the celebrity we chose to partner with and who accepted our proposal, ticked many of our criteria boxes. He is best known as a singer obviously. But first and foremost, he is an artist. An artist who has chosen music as his preferred way of expressing a unique worldview. But that’s not it. His tailor-made, unique outfits he wears on stage – the design of which he is very much involved in – and past collaborations with Coca Cola and Swatch designing limited-edition products all show that he has expressed his creative side outside of the music industry. 

He has had tremendous success as a TV personality and has appeared on The Voice in France and The X-Factor in the UK. In September 2017, Mika won the prestigious Rose d’Or international television award for best entertainment programme for his variety show Stasera Casa Mika in Italy. All of this speaks volumes about his creative mind. 

Pilot Corporation of Europe, meanwhile, began work on its communication platform #happywriting in 2014. This ongoing campaign celebrates the emotional aspects of physically holding a writing instrument and explores issues such as creativity, self-expression, relaxation, learning and connecting with others. 

Mika, as part of our anniversary campaign and with #happywriting in mind, was thrilled to have the opportunity to redecorate a number of pens that have been a part of his life since childhood.

Overall, we felt there was a real fit and a real connection between Pilot, its products and Mika.

OPI: Tell me a bit more about these limited editions that Mika created with you?

KS: The limited editions by Mika encompass the four bestselling ranges of the Pilot rollerball family, each in six colours: G2, V5, FriXion Ball and Clicker. That’s 24 designs overall. These will be on the market only during Pilot’s 2018 anniversary year. The idea is that Mika’s world is reflected on each of these 24 pens – colourful, weird, fun, unique, full of energy and life. 

The 24 writing instruments form an eclectic mix and are based on a number of themes: pop culture, Pilot’s maritime origins and candy stores. Another inspiration came from the popularity of collectable cards, so each of the four ranges is like a family of unique pens that consumers can collect and enjoy together.

Apart from these limited editions that represent the core of our anniversary campaign, we’re supplementing and underpinning this with a whole range of marketing and advertising collateral. This includes an exciting new television commercial directed by the very talented Lukas Zanotto and production company TroubleMakers; a dedicated website, and of course a whole array of POS for the mass market, retailers, superstores, etc. Overall, I’m confident that we have covered all bases.

OPI: What has been the reaction from your distribution partners? 

KS: Reactions from our distribution partners across Europe have been excellent. In those countries where Mika is best known, such as southern Europe or the UK, the response has been particularly enthusiastic. But even in nations like Germany where Mika doesn’t enjoy the same celebrity status, reactions have been very positive because of the sheer attraction, energy and momentum of the limited editions as well as the marketing assets and tools that we have produced. 

Everyone has been complimentary about our 100th anniversary and how we’ve chosen to celebrate it in our own unique style. On a more pragmatic note, I believe there’s a real sense among our partners that the whole campaign has enough gravitas and attraction to actually increase sales – and that is, very bluntly-speaking, what ultimately matters the most to them! 

OPI: Your celebration year is obviously only just kicking off, but what is your view now – almost in hindsight – on collaboration with non-industry personalities and celebrities?

KS: I believe that collaboration with external talent is definitely something we should be looking at again in the future. It’s positive to expose our company to new energies, inspiration and influences from outside our industry. I will never forget my favourite-ever brand campaign of Absolut Vodka which started with the successful collaboration of musicians and artists – including Andy Warhol – in New York in the 1980s. 

The collaboration with artists fits in well with Pilot’s ethos and what we do, and it can be a very powerful combination. We also, for example, began work with artists for the Pilot Pintor, our new paint marker range in 2017, producing videos of their creations.

25791025_1540822582660010_8274954404274235601_o.jpg

_20180104_140305.JPG

ISSUU.com

https://issuu.com/opimagazine/docs/opi_app_dec-jan_275_a

Opi app dec jan 275 a  

Published on Dec 11, 2017  

page-1

OPI_page_1.thumb.jpg.95e3815e58390bac3675780933c9e3be.jpg

page-38

OPI_page_38.thumb.jpg.ea6a28909a3a896631230c465883de57.jpg

page-39

OPI_page_39.thumb.jpg.d18404f14fac152d9292a92f2eaf592e.jpg

page-42

OPI_page_42.thumb.jpg.c9c2fec9276836caa2ac73920f81ca38.jpg

page-43

OPI_page_43.thumb.jpg.42e860bba369ee993965ce0ee5b23e4c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11. 1. 2018 at 12:09 PM, giraffeandy said:

I found out that even though the pens are available all over Europe, not all types are available everywhere – on the official anniversary website in English or also for example in Spanish if you click on the section "creation process" they write about 24 limited edition Pilot pens (as we know) but for example the Czech or the German localization mentions just 18 pens (G-2, FriXion Ball and FriXion Ball Clicker)... So that's why I couldn't get the last type here.

After two weeks I finally got my answer from Pilot Pen CZ about these V5 pens (I already thought they began to ignore me because before that their answers on FB took just one day... :lmfao:) and they wrote that this type (V5) isn't that popular here so they don't support it but they've already ordered the limited edition and now they are awaiting delivery! I wonder if the limited edition is selling so good that they decided to order these pens even though it wasn't planned to sell them here according to the anniversary website? I'm sure they've already read my message two weeks ago but they've answered only now...

And they also asked me at the end, what colour or motive I like the most, why they want to know? Such a hard question! :biggrin2:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

No I think they didn't enter in stock yet, its just the pre order system in the wait for the stock to arrive - except it can't show the pre order logo as the product is already officially on sale so the date of release won't match etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Melyssa said:

No I think they didn't enter in stock yet, its just the pre order system in the wait for the stock to arrive - except it can't show the pre order logo as the product is already officially on sale so the date of release won't match etc. 

Thank you, it's good to know, so I do it now! :wink2:

22 minutes ago, Boucarilla said:

I don't understand why it's half more expensive than the dutch site... :shocked:

1 hour ago, Melyssa said:

Don't know if it's been mentionned, they're now available on Amazon FR too http://amzn.to/2DEGCog

V5

V5_.thumb.jpg.a751a5634d1c3828a55a0ba5b0f631f1.jpg

Amazon France

Pilot - V5 - Roller encre liquide - Mika Edition Limitée - Coffret Collector 6 Stylos - Pointe moyenne

€ 17

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

I think they know that it will be sold queekly and they make the most of it... Damn! :sneaky2:

• Like 1

My two sets of pens have arrived from the Dutch website I mentioned earlier. :)I know I paid extra to have them shipped to France but felt like treating myself - it is Mika! I love the colourful pen pots. Planning to have a new computer desk with shelves above - the Mika pen holders and pens will have pride of place!

Edited by Fan1955
Thought of something to add
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fan1955 said:

My two sets of pens have arrived from the Dutch website I mentioned earlier. :)I know I paid extra to have them shipped to France but felt like treating myself - it is Mika! I love the colourful pen pots. Planning to have a new computer desk with shelves above - the Mika pen holders and pens will have pride of place!

Congrats to you :cheer:

The Dutch site told me mine would be sent as soon as they get them (sounding like Mika saying his album will be ready when it will be ready :lmfao: )

I wanted to order as soon as I saw the address here but I had to wait till I could ask my daughter if she was ok to offer them to me for my birthday ...but I'm used to waiting :wink2: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fan1955 said:

I've been wondering when these might ship from the Dutch site, thank you for the update.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update! I was actually thinking of sending them a mail, since I haven't received mine yet (while now the website says since last week; 'ordered before 15:00 on working days, in house tomorrow'. This only counts for Dutch people offcourse, but since I am Dutch and I haven't received anything yet.. :annoyed_h4h: ) But I think I just have to be patient here. (Wich is very hard :teehee: )

I've also noticed that they doubled their prices. :blink:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Thanks for the update! I was actually thinking of sending them a mail, since I haven't received mine yet (while now the website says since last week; 'ordered before 15:00 on working days, in house tomorrow'. This only counts for Dutch people offcourse, but since I am Dutch and I haven't received anything yet.. :annoyed_h4h: ) But I think I just have to be patient here. (Wich is very hard :teehee: )

Wow All the profit they made... Disgusting... But it's the marketing world!

1 hour ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Oh yes, I notice this too! Almost all web that sell the gift box set cost €15 and above now! :blowup:

I really want this but it cost s**tload plus I don't know how to get it because it's not available in my country :crybaby:

Anyway, can someone who has got the gift box set share the pic please. I thought it's not released yet. Or were you guys talking about the pilot pen set of three?