Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

Mika is looking great, as always!

I know oversized is in and he is probably wearing a Valentino similar to his Belle d’Estate performance without the “Bad Lover” text on it (which is 100% fitting for this event, the choice is spot on!), but I personally find form fitting smart wear more flattering on him. 

The oversized casual shirts he’s wearing lately are great on him though! 

• Like 1

I’ve noticed when looking at the photo’s of today (I’m always collecting images for possible portraits in the future 😊) that there is some pigment to make the hairline at the sides appear smoother. In Make-up terms, it seems like the same kind of pigment that is used to accentuate the eyebrows (or at least, that’s what I use 🤣)

Then again, I may absolutely be wrong and it may have been styled that way to appear so, but it’s a shame either way. I wonder if there is pressure to look a certain way, because he’s doing a lot of television. A great part of why I’m a Mika fan, is because of his authenticity in both song and appearance. He looks great, don’t get me wrong, but I think he would look even better if he remains “real”. Or at least doesn’t do more appearance-optimizing than he has already done.

Or am I the only one noticing 🙈

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’ve noticed when looking at the photo’s of today (I’m always collecting images for possible portraits in the future 😊) that there is some pigment to make the hairline at the sides appear smoother. In Make-up terms, it seems like the same kind of pigment that is used to accentuate the eyebrows (or at least, that’s what I use 🤣)

Then again, I may absolutely be wrong and it may have been styled that way to appear so, but it’s a shame either way. I wonder if there is pressure to look a certain way, because he’s doing a lot of television. A great part of why I’m a Mika fan, is because of his authenticity in both song and appearance. He looks great, don’t get me wrong, but I think he would look even better if he remains “real”. Or at least doesn’t do more appearance-optimizing than he has already done.

Or am I the only one noticing 🙈

I hadn't noticed, but now that you say it... well, tbh I didn't even know something like make up pigments for the hairline existed. :aah:

I'm sure there's pressure to look a certain way, don't know if it's because of TV or rather Mika's own requirements to himself, probably a mixture of both. I mean, take his hair, he clearly had something done to that since the 2015 tour. And I don't think that was because of TV, he can hide it there. I remember he wrote in this letter to his 70 year old self on his 30th birthday "if you go bald, wear a hat.", so apparently this was important to him. Anyway this super styled look like today clearly is for press, he knew he'd be filmed and photographed from all sides, so he made sure to look perfect for that. Just last week he posted this story with the messed-up non-curly hair (which I loved so much :wub2:), which makes me happy because it shows he trusts his fans to like him also when he isn't perfectly styled (totally agree with you, he looks even better that way!)  - but tabloid press is something different, they can turn a tiny imperfection into a monster, and Mika knows that very well. I suppose that's also why he doesn't show up that often at such red carpet events - it might be good promo to make yourself seen everywhere, but it's also a lot of work to always look perfect for that. 

I just wish he'd care more about his safety than about his looks and crinkles in his suit, and would put on a seatbelt in the car. :aah:

I agree with you about the oversized suit. I didn't mind at all the oversized shirt for the Beirut gig, or the blue Valentino one, loved those... but this suit, although it looks great on him and the white is perfect and stylish, the cut doesn't suit him so well - it makes him look like he's put on some weight, and tho he might have put on a little bit since the tour (tho I bet most of that is muscles due to his workouts :biggrin2:), it's definitely not as much as this suit makes it look. I didn't notice it so much with the Bad Lover suit, I think that fit him better.

I don't remember whether Mika's conversation with Alecattelan under his pre-gig pic last week had been posted here, but anyway I hope that was just a joke and not the way he actually sees himself these days. :aah: He did post a laughing smiley underneath that, so I'm sure he was just joking - we can all see with our own eyes that alecattelan was right, lol! :lol3: :mf_lustslow:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-27 um 22.33.01.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I hadn't noticed, but now that you say it... well, tbh I didn't even know something like make up pigments for the hairline existed. :aah:

I'm sure there's pressure to look a certain way, don't know if it's because of TV or rather Mika's own requirements to himself, probably a mixture of both. I mean, take his hair, he clearly had something done to that since the 2015 tour. And I don't think that was because of TV, he can hide it there. I remember he wrote in this letter to his 70 year old self on his 30th birthday "if you go bald, wear a hat.", so apparently this was important to him. Anyway this super styled look like today clearly is for press, he knew he'd be filmed and photographed from all sides, so he made sure to look perfect for that. Just last week he posted this story with the messed-up non-curly hair (which I loved so much :wub2:), which makes me happy because it shows he trusts his fans to like him also when he isn't perfectly styled (totally agree with you, he looks even better that way!)  - but tabloid press is something different, they can turn a tiny imperfection into a monster, and Mika knows that very well. I suppose that's also why he doesn't show up that often at such red carpet events - it might be good promo to make yourself seen everywhere, but it's also a lot of work to always look perfect for that. 

I just wish he'd care more about his safety than about his looks and crinkles in his suit, and would put on a seatbelt in the car. :aah:

I agree with you about the oversized suit. I didn't mind at all the oversized shirt for the Beirut gig, or the blue Valentino one, loved those... but this suit, although it looks great on him and the white is perfect and stylish, the cut doesn't suit him so well - it makes him look like he's put on some weight, and tho he might have put on a little bit since the tour (tho I bet most of that is muscles due to his workouts :biggrin2:), it's definitely not as much as this suit makes it look. I didn't notice it so much with the Bad Lover suit, I think that fit him better.

I don't remember whether Mika's conversation with Alecattelan under his pre-gig pic last week had been posted here, but anyway I hope that was just a joke and not the way he actually sees himself these days. :aah: He did post a laughing smiley underneath that, so I'm sure he was just joking - we can all see with our own eyes that alecattelan was right, lol! :lol3: :mf_lustslow:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-27 um 22.33.01.png

Reading our comments and thinking about it, I don’t think we’re any better than the press 🤣 I don’t blame Mika for his choices, because whatever he does is going to be analyzed and magnified. So he might as well make the choice to put the work in and look perfectly groomed and styled. If we would ever have to trade places, I don’t think I could handle the amount of pressure he is under for as long as he has.

I mean, in a way he wouldn’t be so loved if most of what he does wouldn’t be authentic. Who cares about a little look optimizing if you look at the big picture? I do hope that he won’t go as far as looking too plastic, to turn in an actual Toy Boy. In the literal sense 😊

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Reading our comments and thinking about it, I don’t think we’re any better than the press 🤣 I don’t blame Mika for his choices, because whatever he does is going to be analyzed and magnified. So he might as well make the choice to put the work in and look perfectly groomed and styled. If we would ever have to trade places, I don’t think I could handle the amount of pressure he is under for as long as he has.

I mean, in a way he wouldn’t be so loved if most of what he does wouldn’t be authentic. Who cares about a little look optimizing if you look at the big picture? 

Yeah, good point. :teehee: I mean, we surely are better than the tabloid press, because even if we discuss everything and might not agree with everything he does, we love him anyway - and I think he knows that and trusts us with this. But you're right, we also analyze and judge all the time (what else should we fill this forum and social media with? :naughty:), so I hope whatever he does is his choice and not to please us or the press or anyone but himself.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2020 at 12:25 AM, mellody said:

Yeah, good point. :teehee: I mean, we surely are better than the tabloid press, because even if we discuss everything and might not agree with everything he does, we love him anyway - and I think he knows that and trusts us with this. But you're right, we also analyze and judge all the time (what else should we fill this forum and social media with? :naughty:), so I hope whatever he does is his choice and not to please us or the press or anyone but himself.

I’ve been thinking about your comments (and my first somewhat harsch comment) the last couple of days and you’re absolutely right. What else to fill this forum with 🤣 but if we are very honest, we do exactly as he does, but just not with media present that can magnify every pore in your face. And for the whole world to be judged!

As a metaphor, using my username:

At work I dress up in my uniform, put makeup on and serve luxury beverages on a silver platter;

At home I dress in my comfy clothes, don’t always wear makeup and tell my kids to get their own drinks 

At a concert with friends I dress up in my dancy clothes, put makeup on, wear crazy accessories and will hold your drink if needed 😆

But it’s all me! And in the end of the day my loved ones will embrace who I am no matter if I serve drinks, hold drinks or tell others to get their own drinks 🤣 same with Mika. It’s still all him in his authentic self, just different sides of him and we embrace it all 🤗

• Like 4
  • Haha 2