2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

At this point I’m just praying my flight will take off with me on it! It’s insane at Schiphol airport, but at least we’ll be flying to London City Airport. Never been there so dunno what it’s like. But we’ll arrive in the evening. Had to rebook it because KLM cancelled both flights because I asked for a refund for the return flight which they cancelled. So that was just great.

anyway, something more fun, I made a necklace to match my outfit, made with beads that I bought in Paris in the weekend of the philharmonic gigs in October. 😍 (also part of the reason I missed my train home 😂 @Serendipity

33DEB577-2E78-4B13-8CFF-95608B7E87B8.thumb.jpeg.8d12b85cf5375f853a9e2572df9d2802.jpeg

also, I’ll be wearing my new outfit, this one will be for summergigs 🥰 I first wore it at Disney Pride 🏳️‍🌈

So if you see me twirling and prancing around come say hi!👋
Definitely hope we’ll get good weather. :pray:

701427E7-FE89-4355-8A31-013D00C35380.thumb.jpeg.3c82505ce2ae63aaa9e491ca847cdf87.jpeg

• Like 9

On 6/19/2022 at 11:12 PM, Stuart said:

I wonder if I bring a sign to have a go at some songs I’ll be allowed

Secret tip from me, there’s apps that let you write a short message and it displays super clear on your screen ;) we did this in Paris last week! Mika saw it twice!🥳

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

but at least we’ll be flying to London City Airport. Never been there so dunno what it’s like

London city airport is really nice! quite small but you will have wonderful views of London and all the landmarks coming in to land! ( I did have a slight panic that we were going to crash into some of them the first time i flew in there as you get quite close to a few!😂)

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

also, I’ll be wearing my new outfit, this one will be for summergigs 🥰 I first wore it at Disney Pride 🏳️‍🌈

And thats such a pretty outfit!!!😍😍😍Did you make the skirt yourself? the flowers are stunning!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Emily2b said:

London city airport is really nice! quite small but you will have wonderful views of London and all the landmarks coming in to land! ( I did have a slight panic that we were going to crash into some of them the first time i flew in there as you get quite close to a few!😂)

And thats such a pretty outfit!!!😍😍😍Did you make the skirt yourself? the flowers are stunning!!

omg I can imagine 😂 Wouldnt want to feel like flying into the big pill building (dunno the actual name lol)

and thanks! I made the skirt myself yes 🤩 My mother made the flowers and she sent them to me as soon as she was done 🤩🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

omg I can imagine 😂 Wouldnt want to feel like flying into the big pill building (dunno the actual name lol)

and thanks! I made the skirt myself yes 🤩 My mother made the flowers and she sent them to me as soon as she was done 🤩🤩

City Airport is my favourite London airport! So small compared to the others. And landing there is quite an experience!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Maaikie... said:

anyway, something more fun, I made a necklace to match my outfit, made with beads that I bought in Paris in the weekend of the philharmonic gigs in October. 😍 

33DEB577-2E78-4B13-8CFF-95608B7E87B8.thumb.jpeg.8d12b85cf5375f853a9e2572df9d2802.jpeg

What a gorgeous mix of colours! 😍 

3 hours ago, Hero said:

What a gorgeous mix of colours! 😍 

Right?? The shop itself was incredible as well! Like a candy shop but with beads of alllll kinds 🤩 And they all came on a string or on a metal thread. So these were pretty much in this exact order when I bought them. And I bought a whole bag full of beads, I think about 60 euros worth? 😂 All for Mika diy projects. Even some lapis lazuli beads 😍

• Like 5

On 6/20/2022 at 11:17 PM, Maaikie... said:

Secret tip from me, there’s apps that let you write a short message and it displays super clear on your screen ;) we did this in Paris last week! Mika saw it twice!🥳

Thanks I’ll try that and hope I get up 😎 

1 hour ago, TTel20 said:

It's getting closer. I miss seeing Mika live. He is barely in the UK sadly. I wish we had a piano tour as well.

I keep saying that he could do that here, we have tiny intimate venues dotted around the UK and the big stadiums of course! Apparently Emeli Sandé has spoken about doing something similar, so come on Mika, come to the UK again with your magic piano! 😁

• Like 3

Only 10 days to go - so excited!  The wait is nearly over :excite:

I do have a couple of questions about the upcoming gig.  Has anyone received their tickets yet, and if not, when do you think they will be sent?  Also, what time are you all planning to queue?  I'm hoping to be there around mid-morning.

31 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Has anyone received their tickets yet, and if not, when do you think they will be sent? 

From what I understand, the tickets from Ticketmaster will be send by email 5 days before the event, and those from Roundhouse site 48 hours before.

• Like 2

My gig outfit is now 100% complete! (Including ugly MFC badge 🙈)

I initially wanted something flowery to go with the Rite of Spring theme but ended up going with something completely different!

(Good thing Mika likes dogs!... 😁)

Also realised that there's no way I'll have time now to make a gift for Mika, so he better come back again soon! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I initially wanted something flowery to go with the Rite of Spring theme but ended up going with something completely different!

Also realised that there's no way I'll have time now to make a gift for Mika, so he better come back again soon! 🙂

I have a flower jacket that im going to wear and then just be boring my yoyo tee I 

The jackets thin so shouldn't be too hot I'm not sure about the yo yo tee as I'm not sure if I really want to wear black 

It's still too early to be accurate but the forecast is saying about 23c next weekend

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Not the camel dress then? :naughty:

What is the ugly badge? :lol3:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Not the camel dress then? :naughty:

What is the ugly badge? :lol3:

No camels unfortunately, and you can see my badge in the MFC merch thread (members exclusive section), Zazzle have a lot to answer for!

• Like 2

Questions for people queuing at the crack of dawn:

1) What do you do for lunch?

and 

2) What do you do for bathroom breaks?! 😳

General question, anyone willing to do a queue numbering system for this gig or will it be too much hassle?

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Questions for people queuing at the crack of dawn:

1) What do you do for lunch?

and 

2) What do you do for bathroom breaks?! 😳

General question, anyone willing to do a queue numbering system for this gig or will it be too much hassle?

We did a number system for the last Roundhouse gig, and non-MFCers were happy to join in when the system was explained to them.

Most people got food from the Roundhouse cafe, and used the loos there (can't guarantee you can still use them as things may have changed post-Covid).

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, silver said:

We did a number system for the last Roundhouse gig, and non-MFCers were happy to join in when the system was explained to them.

Most people got food from the Roundhouse cafe, and used the loos there (can't guarantee you can still use them as things may have changed post-Covid).

Number system was for the standing area

• Like 3

Hi everyone! Can't believe the London show is just one week away:lustslow:

Does anyone know if there will be an early entry for those who bought tickets through the artist presale, as was the case in NA? 

10 hours ago, silver said:

Number system was for the standing area

Is it the Roundhouse then that has a separate entrance for seated tickets? Or was that a different venue?

3 hours ago, SilviaM said:

Does anyone know if there will be an early entry for those who bought tickets through the artist presale, as was the case in NA? 

In NA the people didn’t know until the day of the gig, I believe. Only with the Boston one it was pre-announced. So we will have to wait and see! 

• Like 2