2024 - Mika @ Accor Hotels Arena (Bercy) Paris, France, 25 March

mellody

32 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Excuse me, it's only few months that I'm registered to MFC... I know is not in theme about this discussion and I know that, in this moment, all of you have another problems more important to solve, but...what's the list RSVP and where is it in this forum? Thank you and...I'm sorry for this stupid question! :emot-sad: 

It's a good question :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Excuse me, it's only few months that I'm registered to MFC... I know is not in theme about this discussion and I know that, in this moment, all of you have another problems more important to solve, but...what's the list RSVP and where is it in this forum? Thank you and...I'm sorry for this stupid question! :emot-sad: 

It's no stupid question, no worries. :) It's the list in the events where you can click on "going" if you're attending this gig. Usually we have a link to it in the first post of a gig thread, that's the easiest way to find it. But you can also find it when you click on "events" in the menu and search on the calendar for the event you're looking for.

The abbreviation RSVP comes from French, "Repondez s'il vous plait", which means "please respond".

1 hour ago, stelly78 said:

honestly what's the point of it if you're not willing to accept everyone who wants to??

Think this a little further. You need to draw a line SOMEwhere, otherwise it'd just be moving the whole queue to another entrance and let everyone in earlier, which really would miss the point. If you use the numbers instead of the RSVP list and say the first 50 numbers get in earlier, then you'd get "but why 50, why not 60 or 100?!" "I'm #51, it's so unfair!" "I don't accept that the fanclub is imposing the numbering system on me, but I want to go in earlier too!". There will ALWAYS be complaints, there is no objectively  "right" way to do this, just different opinions. :dunno:

The entry at Bercy was chaos the 2 times I had standing places there (2010 & 2016). They let fans inside, but held them back with a barrier tape and a security guard at the entrance to the arena. When it was at least 100 or 200 standing there and the barrier tape was about to rip, the security stepped aside, and then everyone started pushing and running at once. It was chaos, in 2016 for Mika loves Paris I remember people fell and got stepped on. :no: I had been queueing for half the night and ended up 3rd row at the main stage, with Mika being on the B-Stage most of the time and me just looking at his back from far away. 🤡 

I heard it was much better & organized this time - don't know if they finally learned from their mistakes or if it was because of the situation in Lyon, that they were warned... anyway I'm very glad for everyone who was there that it wasn't like in Lyon.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I actually got the same question about using the apps version of MFC forum cause its always hard to see all the topics on the apps haha 😆 

Somtimes I need to type some key words to search for related things lol 😂 

Is it the only problem I have or does it the design of this apps? Any suggestions on using the apps? Thanks 🙏

This may be going too far off-topic for this thread, but since you asked for help: if I’m looking for something very specific I usually try to search key words, whether I’m using mobile or desktop (I actually have an app on my laptop and a mobile website link on my phone where I also get push notifications for topics I want to keep an eye on).

If I just want to see what threads have new comments, I look at the “Unread Content” feed and I can see what is new. I’m not sure if any of this helps MFCers find the concert RSVP links, as I’ve never had the opportunity to use them yet, but I’d probably do a search if I couldn’t find the right section on the website right away.

As a side note and probably going further off-topic, a Google/web search that starts with your keyword and ends in “mikafanclub” often works, sometimes even better than searching on the MFC site itself.

Edit: So for a concert example: if I wanted to find any and all threads on Bercy/Accor as quickly as possible, I’d probably type in one of those words on the site or using the Google trick I mentioned.

Edited by linzijay
Fixed some typos, added more examples
  • Like 6

Just now, crazyaboutmika said:

There is no specific MFC app but if you use opera or firefox browser the site is very user friendly. Click on the three lines on top left site then on everything and you will see what is trending or on Screenshot_20240328-220649_Opera.thumb.jpg.84f256c47110914e087d99d368bbd9aa.jpgScreenshot_20240328-220649_Opera.thumb.jpg.84f256c47110914e087d99d368bbd9aa.jpg

Err... There is an MFC app. I'm using it now. :lmfao: Honestly I can't tell the difference, but I've always accessed the forum on my phone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I actually got the same question about using the apps version of MFC forum cause its always hard to see all the topics on the apps haha 😆 

Somtimes I need to type some key words to search for related things lol 😂 

Is it the only problem I have or does it the design of this apps? Any suggestions on using the apps? Thanks 🙏

There is no specific app but if you use opera or firefox on a smart phone MFC is very user friendly. (you can also chose the desktop version on phone with  those browser but scrolling is easier if you don't).You get three dots on the top right side of the screen and when you click you get a menu where you can chose all activity to see the trending threads or the ones you posted in that you follow or the ones you started yourself. 

If you click on forums you will see everything in the menu then chose from there then click again depending on what you are looking for

You also have a specific thread to ask any Mika related question in which fans will help you. 

Screenshot_20240328-221401_Opera.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero said:

Err... There is an MFC app. I'm using it now. :lmfao: Honestly I can't tell the difference, but I've always accessed the forum on my phone.

I'm always using my phone with mini browsers. I used to use a pc in the times. On pc you can see the siggies and the siggie photos or  videos and the display is more detailed. It makes me feel very nostalgic if I use MFC on pc but it takes longer than with my phone and my mini browsers nowadays. But I have no specific app just a browser like I can use youtube or twitter or instagram with a browser instead of the app on .my  phone. I don't know if that makes sense :lmfao: but I never downloaded any MFC app 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

. But I have no specific app just a browser like I can use youtube or twitter or instagram with a browser instead of the app on .my  phone. I don't know if that makes sense :lmfao: but I never downloaded any MFC app 

I have an iPhone, so I don't know if it's different for other phones or in other countries outside the US, but: I got an app-like bookmark on my phone by "adding to home screen," or something like that. It doesn't change much from using the browser, but I am able to get push notifications this way (maybe the notifications work without adding the bookmark to my home screen—I don't think I ever tried that). I also don't have to keep opening my browser and typing the MFC URL, it just loads automatically with one click like any other app. The notifications aren't perfect, but they are still useful.

I have an app on my laptop which I'm using right now, but I don't remember how I got it. :lol: :biggrin2: It might have been a similar process to what I did on my phone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Thanks for the explanation and I need more time to get used to it even I was the old member using the apps for some years but in the past I was seldom on the MFC forum cause I was still living in my hometown HK where I thought it's so far from u all haha so no point to read the forums 😆 .

I used my laptop to open the forum in the past but found its more convenient to use my android mobile to just open the apps especially when I'm outside or on the street. However, the apps couldn't show all the topics, maybe the screen is too tiny haha 😂

If you click on the three dots then on browse you will see all the threads if you scroll. But usually the most interesting threads are the ones that are trending imho. 

You would think, since this drama has been repeated time and again for the last 10 years or so, if not longer, that you would start asking yourself what is really the problem here, that those young fans don't want to adapt to your old ways, or that you don't want to adapt to those young fans, to keep the fan club accessible and inclusive to all? Assuming that is really what you want, of course. 

The drama about privileges and people not knowing where to find what and therefore feeling left out isn't new, but the people who are having issues with it are. Again and again a new generation of fans is running into the same problems. 

I feel like it also constantly takes a drama to change something, which is odd. How many times did people have to rally on social media, before you started sharing MFC links to presales, M&G inscriptions, etc. on your Twitter and Instagram accounts, rather than expecting everyone to find out through the forum, for example?

I think people get the impression that you're gatekeeping, because the info on the forum is found almost exclusively by those who are avid users of it, and thus it's always the same people who get the same things. It's a self sustaining mechanism. 

To you guys using the forum feels like second nature, it may be hard to understand the perspective of someone who didn't grow up with the 2000s version of the internet. I would say it's possible to learn how the forum works, but it takes A LOT of time and effort, which not everyone is ABLE to put in, because as you've said, we have all got lives outside of this fandom.

You can argue that those who want the MFC privileges need to put in the work to study the forum, but is it really fair to expect that of everyone? Those who have been on forums all their lives intuitively understand better how it works, just as those who grew up with new tech intuitively know better how it works. I see you say that Instagram, Twitter, your iPhone, etc. aren't easy to learn to operate either, but that's EXACTLY the point. The way you feel about those apps and that tech, is the way we feel about this forum. You can learn to get the hang of it, but it'll never feel quite natural, and you'll always continue to run into some issues. You prefer the forum because it's familiar to you, we prefer social media because it's familiar to us. 

I have been on here since 2015, and I'm still finding out new things, like the purpose of the RSVP list. I guess from now on everyone will be RSVPing for every event, just in case, but as always the communication about this is retroactive, rather than proactive, and that's where the problems arise. 

Hopefully the things you're working on with the new younger mods with regards to the "how to MFC" will change this and will make it easier for people to learn to use the forum. Keep in mind that this forum, for most young people, is the first and only forum which they will ever use, they are completely unfamiliar with the concept, and the interface is completely different from that of any social media app. Social media apps are driven by algorithms and are catered to its users to give them all the information they need as quickly as possible. On this forum, to find the information you need, you often need to click through at least 3 different pages, read a lot of text, and the search engine really isn't that great either. Young people are not *used* to go through all these steps, it's like learning a whole new language. There's no need to insinuate that they are lazy for that, they have simply not learned the same skills as those who experienced the internet in its early days have acquired.

The forum isn't going away, and the importance of MFC in the lives of all Mika fans is not going away either, as long as Mika's team, that faceless entity, feels comfortable to outsource work *they* should be doing to you instead, so you can do their work for free. I will say to the newer fans that there is no point in arguing against that, indeed that should be taken up with Mika himself or his team (if only we knew who his team are, lol). But don't be deterred from expressing your grievances when things go wrong, because it's only through speaking out and discussing the issues we run into that we can bring about some change. 

To conclude: as long as everyone is so heavily reliant on this forum to get any privileges, can we pleaaaseee try to make sure that they're accessible to everyone and can we try to make it as easy and transparent as possible. You can say that you're already trying to do that, but as i said at the start of this little essay, if the same problems keep arising time and again, you really should question where the root of the problem lies and whether what you're currently doing is enough. 

Lastly, this thing has turned into a broader discussion of the revelance and the usability of the MFC forum again, but as for the Bercy drama itself we can simply conclude that the organisation and the communication about it were handled poorly. There's no shame in admitting that something could have been handled better, even if you tried to organise it to the best of your abilities. The situation was upsetting to a lot of fans, and they're not all jealous crybabies for feeling that way. Rather than putting blame on those who felt upset and act like their feelings are invalid, I think it would also help if fans felt like their grievances were taken more seriously, which is not the sentiment i get from the discussion which is being held here, unfortunately. 

But anyway what's done is done, just try to do better in the future, it's not your first rodeo after all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, krysady said:

The link to the RSVP list it is on the first page of every gig thread. Also for this gig, you'll find it on the first page: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36572-2024-mika-accor-hotels-arena-bercy-paris-france-25-march/

Or you can always go to the Events and click on the day of the gig you're interested and you'll find the list as well. Here's the page for the Amsterdam gig tomorrow, you can see the list on the right :original: https://www.mikafanclub.com/events/event/1592-mika-afas-amsterdam-netherlands/

Ok...I have found it now! Thank you! :pinkbow:

• Like 2

And with great power comes great responsibility, by the way. If Mika's team trusts you to handle things fairly and properly on their behalf, you've got to live up to those expectations, and adjust when that's not the case. You do it all for free, of course, and it's a lot of work, of course, but you made the choice to commit to this, no one forced you to. We regular fans have no choice but to use this system, but you have a choice to make that easier, more accessible and more inclusive for everyone. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

It's no stupid question, no worries. :) It's the list in the events where you can click on "going" if you're attending this gig. Usually we have a link to it in the first post of a gig thread, that's the easiest way to find it. But you can also find it when you click on "events" in the menu and search on the calendar for the event you're looking for.

The abbreviation RSVP comes from French, "Repondez s'il vous plait", which means "please respond"

Thank you very much for your explanation @mellody. I have found it now, you are very kind. :blush:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jaela said:

You would think, since this drama has been repeated time and again for the last 10 years or so, if not longer, that you would start asking yourself what is really the problem here, that those young fans don't want to adapt to your old ways, or that you don't want to adapt to those young fans, to keep the fan club accessible and inclusive to all? Assuming that is really what you want, of course. 

The drama about privileges and people not knowing where to find what and therefore feeling left out isn't new, but the people who are having issues with it are. Again and again a new generation of fans is running into the same problems. 

I feel like it also constantly takes a drama to change something, which is odd. How many times did people have to rally on social media, before you started sharing MFC links to presales, M&G inscriptions, etc. on your Twitter and Instagram accounts, rather than expecting everyone to find out through the forum, for example?

I think people get the impression that you're gatekeeping, because the info on the forum is found almost exclusively by those who are avid users of it, and thus it's always the same people who get the same things. It's a self sustaining mechanism. 

To you guys using the forum feels like second nature, it may be hard to understand the perspective of someone who didn't grow up with the 2000s version of the internet. I would say it's possible to learn how the forum works, but it takes A LOT of time and effort, which not everyone is ABLE to put in, because as you've said, we have all got lives outside of this fandom.

You can argue that those who want the MFC privileges need to put in the work to study the forum, but is it really fair to expect that of everyone? Those who have been on forums all their lives intuitively understand better how it works, just as those who grew up with new tech intuitively know better how it works. I see you say that Instagram, Twitter, your iPhone, etc. aren't easy to learn to operate either, but that's EXACTLY the point. The way you feel about those apps and that tech, is the way we feel about this forum. You can learn to get the hang of it, but it'll never feel quite natural, and you'll always continue to run into some issues. You prefer the forum because it's familiar to you, we prefer social media because it's familiar to us. 

I have been on here since 2015, and I'm still finding out new things, like the purpose of the RSVP list. I guess from now on everyone will be RSVPing for every event, just in case, but as always the communication about this is retroactive, rather than proactive, and that's where the problems arise. 

Hopefully the things you're working on with the new younger mods with regards to the "how to MFC" will change this and will make it easier for people to learn to use the forum. Keep in mind that this forum, for most young people, is the first and only forum which they will ever use, they are completely unfamiliar with the concept, and the interface is completely different from that of any social media app. Social media apps are driven by algorithms and are catered to its users to give them all the information they need as quickly as possible. On this forum, to find the information you need, you often need to click through at least 3 different pages, read a lot of text, and the search engine really isn't that great either. Young people are not *used* to go through all these steps, it's like learning a whole new language. There's no need to insinuate that they are lazy for that, they have simply not learned the same skills as those who experienced the internet in its early days have acquired.

The forum isn't going away, and the importance of MFC in the lives of all Mika fans is not going away either, as long as Mika's team, that faceless entity, feels comfortable to outsource work *they* should be doing to you instead, so you can do their work for free. I will say to the newer fans that there is no point in arguing against that, indeed that should be taken up with Mika himself or his team (if only we knew who his team are, lol). But don't be deterred from expressing your grievances when things go wrong, because it's only through speaking out and discussing the issues we run into that we can bring about some change. 

To conclude: as long as everyone is so heavily reliant on this forum to get any privileges, can we pleaaaseee try to make sure that they're accessible to everyone and can we try to make it as easy and transparent as possible. You can say that you're already trying to do that, but as i said at the start of this little essay, if the same problems keep arising time and again, you really should question where the root of the problem lies and whether what you're currently doing is enough. 

Lastly, this thing has turned into a broader discussion of the revelance and the usability of the MFC forum again, but as for the Bercy drama itself we can simply conclude that the organisation and the communication about it were handled poorly. There's no shame in admitting that something could have been handled better, even if you tried to organise it to the best of your abilities. The situation was upsetting to a lot of fans, and they're not all jealous crybabies for feeling that way. Rather than putting blame on those who felt upset and act like their feelings are invalid, I think it would also help if fans felt like their grievances were taken more seriously, which is not the sentiment i get from the discussion which is being held here, unfortunately. 

But anyway what's done is done, just try to do better in the future, it's not your first rodeo after all. 

I feel exactly the same way as a younger fan. I never used forums like this before and it’s quite difficult for me to understand where to find everything and how everything works in general. I often ask people for help because it confuses me. For me, I simply don’t have the time to spend so much time on here especially because it’s difficult for me and I do appreciate what this Forum does for people and that it’s good to find things, but that only works if you know how to navigate that. As for Bercy, these lists seem have not to been that obvious to everyone, even to people who have long been in the fandom so it can’t just be a few people who have problems with figuring it out. Communicating is important and to share your opinions and views as well so I‘m definitely agreeing with what Jaela is saying!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaela said:

Hello @Jaela and @toyboy, excuse me I haven't express my opinion until now but...it seems all bit exaggerate.

I can understand the disappointment or the anger for a bad situation in a queue for a concert, I wasn't there and  I don't know what is happened exactly but, for what concern the forum, I don't understand all these discussions.

It's not a long time that I'm here and It's happened that I was not able to understand or to find something but... 

When I don't know something or I don't understand  I simply ask it and there are always kind and patient people of the forum that answer me so I'm not able to see where the real problem is. And ...me too I don't have so much time to stay a long online!

I think, sometimes, a bit of patience to learn and a bit of kindness would be enough. Clearly, depends on situations, but I hope you can solve the problem because until now I have found people who helped me and I'm sorry for all this situation.

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello @Jaela and @toyboy, excuse me I haven't express my opinion until now but...it seems all bit exaggerate.

I can understand the disappointment or the anger for a bad situation in a queue for a concert, I wasn't there and  I don't know what is happened exactly but, for what concern the forum, I don't understand all these discussions.

It's not a long time that I'm here and It's happened that I was not able to understand or to find something but... 

When I don't know something or I don't understand  I simply ask it and there are always kind and patient people of the forum that answer me so I'm not able to see where the real problem is. And ...me too I don't have so much time to stay a long online!

I think, sometimes, a bit of patience to learn and a bit of kindness would be enough. Clearly, depends on situations, but I hope you can solve the problem because until now I have found people who helped me and I'm sorry for all this situation.

Good for you, your experience does not define everyone else's experience, and everyone has their own preferences as to which platform they primarily use to follow Mika and Mika news. It is up to the people who provide a service to Mika fans, on behalf of Mika's team, to make sure that this service right here is in optimal condition and accessible to all. I could repeat that 100 times, and maybe at least 1 time it will stick. 

That is my opinion, you are entitled to yours, but we can't all agree on everything and that is fine. 

And please try to avoid using words such as "exaggerating", "overreacting" etc. in response to people who are trying in all honesty to respectfully share their point of view and explain why they feel frustrated, that is not fair and does no justice to the rightful concerns which were raised during this discussion. I could also say that the incredibly defensive response from "the other side" is exaggerated, but I'm not going to do that, because I'm trying to understand everyone's point of view. 

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, mellody said:

I heard it was much better & organized this time - don't know if they finally learned from their mistakes or if it was because of the situation in Lyon, that they were warned... anyway I'm very glad for everyone who was there that it wasn't like in Lyon.

I can confirm they changed their way of letting people in after the pandemic. Bercy 2019 was chaotic like 2010 and 2016 as you described it, but when I came back there for a Vianney concert in 2022 it was organized differently: there's a path marked on the ground around the perimeter of the pit, surrounded by guards who do not allow you to run, so you enter by walking in line following the path on the ground and arrive slowly at the barrier.
I was glad to see that they still use this system and that it's how it was organized this time as well. 

camphoto_18049285872.thumb.JPG.57468f4d698b0908a6f92dc34d8bfe7c.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Sorry not to disturb but what's three dots actually? I tried to figure out but no idea,that's why I need to ask lol 😂🙏

I moved your post in the right thread to get help with how MFC works, you can ask anything here: 

Edited by krysady
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Jaela said:

but as for the Bercy drama itself we can simply conclude that the organisation and the communication about it were handled poorly. There's no shame in admitting that something could have been handled better, even if you tried to organise it to the best of your abilities. The situation was upsetting to a lot of fans, and they're not all jealous crybabies for feeling that way. Rather than putting blame on those who felt upset and act like their feelings are invalid, I think it would also help if fans felt like their grievances were taken more seriously, which is not the sentiment i get from the discussion which is being held here, unfortunately. 

I don't think it was handled poorly or secretly.

Deb asked (see below) to those who were going to Paris to please RSVP four days before the gig (I guess as soon as she knew that Mika's team wanted to organize this early entry). And she linked the page where to do it, so it wasn't that difficult to find the right place and click on "I'm going". Nobody knew what was it for. She waited enough time (days) so that everyone could read the message and RSVP, and then proceeded with instructions. She didn't hide anything, otherwise she could have contacted only those 35 who RSVP autonomously.  

You don't have to be online on the forum 24/7 to see her post, but if you know you're going to Paris and don't want to miss any news, you can activate notifications via email (one per day/per week with new content from the thread or even one mail each time something new is posted). If someone don't know how to do it, they can always ask. 

You all have accounts to write your opinions today, so if you wanted to keep informed you could and you could have been on the list too. 

On 3/21/2024 at 2:44 PM, dcdeb said:

Can I ask a favor? Could those of you who are going to Paris, but haven't RSVP'ed yet, please do so at the link below? It would be helpful to have a better idea of how many MFCers will be there. It must be more than the 35 who have replied already!

Thanks!

You would say she could have written this on social medias, but social medias are literally for every single person living on this planet; we are MikaFanClub, a group of Mika fan that decide to register and be a member, and MikaFanClub IS this forum, this is our "home". 

Being a Mika fan =/= being a member of MFC, yet everyone who WANTS to can be a member since it's a free fanclub; on the other way around you're not obliged to register to MFC, but then everything that is for MFC, it's for its members.

Social medias are very useful to reach people who don't know the forum yet and to tell them "Come and register, it's free, you'll found our community there" - and it's exactly what Deb does every single time during IG lives or in MFC posts. Those who are really interested will come, register, and try to navigate the forum in their spare time to understand how it works, or ask if it's too difficult. 

• Like 13

13 hours ago, Jaela said:

hi everyone,

Overall, I share Jaela's impressions. I've been in the fandom for 5 years and as I've already said on Twitter, I deeply respect MFC's work to make Mika's fandom visible. However, I share the apprehensions of gen Z fans about the readability of information and the accessibility of the fandom. 

More than the forum, what I reproach the fc for today, at least what affects me a little, is to see how difficult it seems to open a discussion on the tools to be put in place to make the fc more accessible. Wouldn't it be interesting to make an upcoming Wednesday live show a place where people could meet and talk about the difficulties that seem to be cropping up at the moment? By informing people about the subject of the live event, it could enable fans further away from the forum to get to know you and tell you about their needs for the years to come. 

Nobody wants to see MFC disappear, people just want to see it evolve and take part in this change. It would be a good idea to disarm the situation before it gets out of hand, because yes, there isn’t a y big issues and we shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Of course, I'll keep an eye out for your future replies and would be delighted to exchange views with you and other fans on the subject. 😊

have a good day yall

jolio

• Like 3

3 hours ago, virgi said:

I don't think it was handled poorly or secretly.

Deb asked (see below) to those who were going to Paris to please RSVP four days before the gig (I guess as soon as she knew that Mika's team wanted to organize this early entry). And she linked the page where to do it, so it wasn't that difficult to find the right place and click on "I'm going". Nobody knew what was it for. She waited enough time (days) so that everyone could read the message and RSVP, and then proceeded with instructions. She didn't hide anything, otherwise she could have contacted only those 35 who RSVP autonomously.  

You don't have to be online on the forum 24/7 to see her post, but if you know you're going to Paris and don't want to miss any news, you can activate notifications via email (one per day/per week with new content from the thread or even one mail each time something new is posted). If someone don't know how to do it, they can always ask. 

But what's crazy is that we're just asking for the information to be shared on ALL MFC social media platforms! Whether it's when the MFC receives invitations, access to presales, etc... And don't tell me it's complicated to do. So what if more people sign up? That's kind of the point of a draw! I think we've all understood that NO ONE here is trying to open up the discussion when we try to do so. We're proposing solutions here so that everyone is on an equal footing. You talk about the site being "well done" and where everyone can find their way. 4.2 million posts! And you think a newbie will find what they're looking for? Because between the salacious threads that are useless in the forum (sorry but I'm tired of seeing posts from people who want to s*ck him off or admire his sweating) and random people who tell their life stories in threads that shouldn't exist, maybe there's some sorting to do? I've already proposed solutions in private: I haven't received any response. And once again, when we try to evolve the site for the good of all, we get torn apart. If you're not even capable of understanding that adaptation comes from both sides, I don't see why continue the discussion. 

• Like 2

A lot has been said here, a lot to sift through and digest, and I apologize if I am slow to reply, but it is Easter weekend and I am not at home, I'm away celebrating the holiday with family. My online time is a little more limited than usual. And as much as I love the MFC and Mika, my family is actually a higher priority right now.

So while I'm sure that some will accuse me of running away, I'm really not. I'll respond more fully when I can.

• Like 12

I think as @krysady stated that this is not the proper thread for a discussion about how to help newbies understand better how MFC works and how it could evolve or what all fans who have been members for a long time could do to be more helpful. We are all here as volonteers and because we love Mika. I have welcomed and helped many newbies and anyone who regularly checks on their subscribed threads (if only by mail) can easily keep in touch with what's new.  The point of a forum is that we  can centralize information at the same place and organize it well (Each thread with one purpose and one theme) Newcomers can check the threads where the organisation of the forum is explained to them (and in many different languages) With the other social media information is fast then fastly forgotten or lost when new things pop up. Say you want to know what charities Mika sang for you will find a thread about it (that's an example) but finding all the full info about a particular subject is something that's only possible in a forum. I also want to stress that everything MFC members do is on their free time and that being on every social media at the same time is a lot of work because now there is facebook, instagram, twitter, tik tok and maybe new ones soon who knows...mods are already doing a lot of work on socials...maybe video tutorials adressing what newbies need to know would come in handy :dunno: Anyway a golden rule on a forum is that one discussion like this one should have its own thread because right now all we do is cluttering the before Bercy thread so  I will open one for this particular subject and link it here soon.

Please let's go on with this discussion here:

Thank you everyone :group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
adding the link to the new disussion thread I just opened
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello @Jaela

I know that was opened a new thread regarding the discussions about forum but I don't know how to move there my reply so I hope someone will be able to help me.

I hope, like other people have said, that this new page can be used to welcome suggestions and proposals about how to improve the forum and about how to satisfy everyone's requests and opinions.

Here I'm because your answer seemed to me a little resenful or angry towards me so I take only a little time to clarify some things that you have said in your message.

You have started your message saying

On 3/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, Jaela said:

Good for you, your experience does not define everyone else's experience, and everyone has their own preferences as to which platform they primarily use to follow Mika and Mika news. 

I never said that my experiences defines another experiences. I have simply told and shared my personal experience into the forum until this moment.

Many people have helped me and I can't said the opposite because it wouldn't be true.

You continue and you say

And please try to avoid using words such as "exaggerating", "overreacting" etc. in response to people who are trying in all honesty to respectfully share their point of view and explain why they feel frustrated, that is not fair and does no justice to the rightful concerns which were raised during this discussion. 

English isn't my native language and there, it's true, there are probably many others terms with which to explain my opinion but I explain it as best I can.

Even writing in my language sometimes takes me a lot of time so I hope you'll understand my difficulties.

Then you say

I'm trying to understand everyone's point of view. 

Is that I have done...I have given my personal point of view and I didn't want to "take one sid" or another. Other people have express their opinions and I didn't intervene neither!

I also always  try to listen and to understand to the opinions of others while always having my personal views.

There is nothing further from me that a person who doesn't allow freedom of choice, of speech or any other freedom you prefer always, obviously, respecting others.

I'm sorry you have interpreted my words as a criticism or an attitude of superiority. That wasn't my intention.

Now I hope this new thread gives you the possibility to express better your opinion or your suggestions and I'm sure that will be someone much more competent than me that will be able to answer you properly.

I don't want to miserunderstood again so I say to you too that there is no anger or judgement in my message, is a simply answer about something I was been saddened to read, it's all.

I think that, for the moment, I'll return to express my thoughts in less demanding threads that this one!

I leave others answers and discussions about this topic to others people and to administators and moderators. 

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 3

I see the discussion has been moved to another place, as it became more about general issues than about the Paris early entry in particular. Some of you already continued talking there, and I hope it's not too confusing for the others - I get why it might be. On social media, "off topic" doesn't exist.

Anyway, I need to sleep, but just wanted to let you all know that I'm still reading all the replies on this thread and on the new thread. I started writing a longer reply to some of the topics yesterday but then got distracted first by real life, then by Mika's new setlist... so I didn't get finished. Please don't think I'm ignoring you - there is, in fact, a lot that I want to reply to when I have more time. Thank you for coming here and addressing these things in a respectful way and making some constructive suggestions. And thanks to @TinyLove_CJ and @CharlotteL for your replies.

For now, Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 6