BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

like a lover

on the open shore

what's the matter?

Oh thanks for that! I have listened to this bit over and over and over and nothing was making any sense.

I think we've got the rest of it, just need to clarify hating/hitting since it really changes the meaning.

Oh thanks for that! I have listened to this bit over and over and over and nothing was making any sense.

I think we've got the rest of it, just need to clarify hating/hitting since it really changes the meaning.

Yes, and yes! Thanks!

Some of the lyrics to Blame It On The Girls were photographed in the Q Mag. We've pretty much got it spot on.

He's got looks that books

take pages to tell

he's got a face

to make you fall on your knees

he's got money in the bank

to thank

and I guess

you could think he's living at ease

like a lover

on the open shore

what's the matter?

when you're sitting there

with so much more

what's the matter?

when you're wondering

what the hell to be

are you wishing

you were ugly like me

blame it on the girls

who know what to do

Then it stops there :sad:

I'll have to give up the good book show then? It made no sense but it did sound like what he sang :naughty:

Oooh damn magazine people :roftl:. I love the start of this song, I absolutely love it. Oh and the bit that he did when he came over to us :wub2:.

Dammit I can't wait to hear them all!!!!!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I know! It's quite annoying how they decide to stop showing the lyrics on the line of the word we were trying to figure out.

thanks daneka! :thumb_yello:

Danika :fisch: And you're welcome :wink2:

like a lover

on the open shore

what's the matter?

with so much more

what's the matter?

when you're wondering

what the hell to be

are you wishing

you were ugly like me

Thanks Danika! :bow:

Notice, however, that this isn't even 100% accurate compared with what he sings live. :naughty:

I'm 90% sure I hear "like lovers of the open shore," not "a lover on."

And he DEFINITELY sings "wondering what the hell to do," not "to be". :naughty:

DEAR MIKA: PLEASE PAY SOMEONE TO TRANSCRIBE THE LYRICS AS THEY'RE RECORDED IN THE CD INSERT FOR THIS ALBUM!!! OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON IT!!

DEAR MIKA: PLEASE PAY SOMEONE TO TRANSCRIBE THE LYRICS AS THEY'RE RECORDED IN THE CD INSERT FOR THIS ALBUM!!! OUR SANITY DEPENDS ON IT!!

Well I hope when he recorded it he sings "to be" since it rhymes with the previous line. I think he just mixed himself up because it's "to do" in the second verse.

Well I hope when he recorded it he sings "to be" since it rhymes with the previous line. I think he just mixed himself up because it's "to do" in the second verse.

MIKA forget the lyrics and make them up....No can't be true :mf_rosetinted:

I kinda like it and is funny to see him have to think so fast shows he is human...and LIVE! not like some singers these days who mime ahem*BritneySpears*ahem :roftl:

xx

Notice, however, that this isn't even 100% accurate compared with what he sings live. :naughty:

*cough* someone was obviously PAID to do that for the LICM piano book;

becasue the music was all wrong and written in the wrong key

becasue the lyrics were the complete opposite of the few published in LICM.

seriously, there were so many confusing conversations over those messed-up lyrics.

what? and make our life easy??? :bleh:

Some of the lyrics to Blame It On The Girls were photographed in the Q Mag. We've pretty much got it spot on.

He's got looks that books

take pages to tell

he's got a face

to make you fall on your knees

he's got money in the bank

to thank

and I guess

you could think he's living at ease

like a lover

on the open shore

what's the matter?

with so much more

what's the matter?

when you're wondering

what the hell to be

are you wishing

you were ugly like me

blame it on the girls

who know what to do

Then it stops there :sad:

thanks danika! wish they had printed all the song though

you're right! "to do" doesnt rhyme with "like me":naughty:

Always looking for an axe to grind -- what's the matter

I've got the mp3 of this from the gig thread and, at first, I kept hearing, "Always looking for an ass to grab". I know what I initially heard was wrong, don't worry. :roftl:

I've got the mp3 of this from the gig thread and, at first, I kept hearing, "Always looking for an ass to grab". I know what I initially heard was wrong, don't worry. :roftl:

Hahaha! :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...

growing on me. someway. :boxed:

I tell ya, I had loved it from the new music video blog, where it was not featured the reprise.

in fact that part is the one I despise. it brings so much down the whole song rhytm and quality of lyrics.

o.c. it's purely personal pov. :blink:

if he'd chosen another reprise, it'd been one of my fave new songs. :blush-anim-cl:

oh.. :blink:

thx for those.

this song is actualy growing on me remarkably now, if only it didn't have that reprise.. mika..:sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

the lyrics are not bad now that I understand them fully.. :teehee:

I agree, and Mika must not change nis lyrics, just because the company want him to!

It's up to him what he writes!

:lmao::lmao: That is freaking hilarious!!! You should suggest it to Mika. I love that :roftl:

Just have this idea... If the company wants Mika change the lyrics, it means probablythat BIOTG is going to be a single. Otherwise they wouldn't be so picky (I hope). I hate that for a stupid marketing reason they want him to change one word which is not even the f... word:naughty: Mika is not a doll, he can write about things he wants to write about and in the way he pleases! It's HIS songs!!!!!

:lmao::lmao: That is freaking hilarious!!! You should suggest it to Mika. I love that :roftl:

I took your advice and Tweeted Mika the lyric. That was 2 or 3 (of his) Tweets ago so...no luck. :naughty:

But I know deep down inside, in the bottom of my heart that it's a well thought out, meaningful and mind blowing lyric.