Mika @ Piazza Duomo, Milan - June 07, 2011

Sarina

He has been distant lately. I feel I'm already used to it that he is doing this with his own terms. He gives a lot when he is on tours, doesn't he? And after that he hides from his fans for months when he is working. He will be back. And we all know it would be useful to his career to keep average fans informed and core fans happy even during breaks etc, but he is quite stubborn :teehee:

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have a f*cking amazing album, then 200 tweets a day. For example, my darling Katy tweets a lot, but I am not really interested in her tweets. When Mika tweets something, it's still exciting.

My conclusion in this matter and also the gig debate is: Life sucks and then you die. Deal with it.

I use that phrase too! Little bit different: Life is hard and then you die! (from an old tv show about two cops, one from UK, one from USA, long time ago). :wink2:

... :(

That short video was removed, I think.

I wasn't here to see it on time.

Don't worry! It was really very short and it was just the last sentence of love today...as far as I remember...but there are still 2 left....and thank you Milda for bringing them here:original: I'm really grateful every time people bring links here! it's a good source of informations

I said it, just wih a tweet or something like that to show we care about his projects, gigs, music and everything. But it's hard to do that if you're not supposed to know about what he's doing...!

when Imma wrote about Milan I saw many tweets with messages and there was a connection with her...people told her good luck, have a nice day etc..this is what I mean..

Like I replied above is the connection that matters...it's hard to show any kind of support if you're not suppose to know what's going on...

I agree with you about the last album etc..and I also think that the tour with all the scenography was really expensive and maybe they went out of budget but I also think that the festivals are a usefull way to raise money fast: almost no scenography and less costumes and I think that part of the money is re-used to pay for the new CD etc..but I don't think Mika is making private gigs to pay the next tour...I hope isnt necessary because I hope the record company will give money for that....

Gotta go now. Will reply tomorrow if you have more questions about me and my silly thoughts ;)

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, if people are upset, but wanted to point out that I think you hit the nail on the head with the 'connection' theme. It's all about the connection.

There's a big difference between iMMa and Mika though, and that is, that iMMa wants (and seeks) that connection with the fans, and Mika clearly doesn't. He has been disconnected for the longest time now, work or no work.

Now though, and before the "he can do whatever the heck he wants" brigade try to jump down my throat, note that I have only pointed out the fact that he doesn't want the connection. I didn't cast judgement on it. :wink2:

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, if people are upset, but wanted to point out that I think you hit the nail on the head with the 'connection' theme. It's all about the connection.

There's a big difference between iMMa and Mika though, and that is, that iMMa wants (and seeks) that connection with the fans, and Mika clearly doesn't. He has been disconnected for the longest time now, work or no work.

Now though, and before the "he can do whatever the heck he wants" brigade try to jump down my throat, note that I have only pointed out the fact that he doesn't want the connection. I didn't cast judgement on it. :wink2:

Of course he wants the connection! Why else would he let fans be such vital parts of his shows?

But... as an introvert, I can understand what's happening...

Celebs are human too, and with TONS of people willing to give you attention for nearly everything you do (and some things you don't, and things you would never WANT to do), I'd want some "friends, family, and strangers only" time too. :aah: Plus private gigs get him extra money. Some of that can go towards making the music even better than it already is.

He's making music for us. I don't think we should want any more than that. :wub2:

that's an improvement...:wink2: but how can you say "he doesn't want" ...only he knows what he wants....all you see is the frequency of his tweets or actions....

I really don't like when people say "he should" "he wants" "he thinks"....

and everybody needs to be disconnected (especially after being connected for 1,5 years....)

I personally wouldn't appreciate forced connection...I want people to connect when they need and like and enjoy it...

I said it, just wih a tweet or something like that to show we care about his projects, gigs, music and everything. But it's hard to do that if you're not supposed to know about what he's doing...!

when Imma wrote about Milan I saw many tweets with messages and there was a connection with her...people told her good luck, have a nice day etc..this is what I mean..

oh ok :naughty: i think i missed that post, it was all going too fast earlier.

i understand a little how you feel. i know i was all happy when he was in Montreal, even if i knew i wasn't going to see him at all. he was in "my" city!

but if it makes you feel any better, i think Mika knows he has supporters in Italy :huglove:

as for Mika and his finances, well, i'm sure he is well taken care of & he's more then alright.

i have a feeling that "MY" broke & "HIS" broke are a little bit different :aah::teehee:

I use that phrase too! Little bit different: Life is hard and then you die! (from an old tv show about two cops, one from UK, one from USA, long time ago). :wink2:

Awww, Dempsey and Makepeace, my all time favorite cops :wub2: Life is hard and then you die.

This is how it looks to me too. Of course we can't know what he really thinks or wants. But it looks he needs this break when he is working/in the middle of his recording process. He will be back, at some point he wants to share things with his fans.

as for Mika and his finances, well, i'm sure he is well taken care of & he's more then alright.

i have a feeling that "MY" broke & "HIS" broke are a little bit different :aah::teehee:

Yes, fans and a pop singer can see it in a different way :roftl:

It's actually quite funny to see how these discussions always go on and on and on...and in the end, everybody is saying pretty much the same thing over and over again. But nobody realizes this, so everyone just starts from the beginning again.

it's a vicious circle :aah:

And I must say, I haven't been online much lately. But when I am, there's always a discussion going on somewhere.

if we don't know what he's doing or where he is, people feel he doesn't want to be connected anymore, if we do know what he's doing, people don't like what he's doing. if he doesn't tweet, people are nagging about him not tweeting, if he does, every single letter of the tweet gets analyzed and critiziced. :aah:

and then you guys are surprised he doesn't mention some things to us?! :aah:

and to be honest, a privat event has nothing to do with us, unless one of us is the one paying for it.

and it IS private, the swarovski thing. whenever not any random person can walk right in there, unless you're famous or are covered in Swarovski crystals, then it is a private event, even though there might be some media attention.

But Mika didn't tweet before every gig of his tour either to say: hey guys, I'm going to perform there now, just so you'd know.

but then WE KNEW where he was because they announced the shows so we could go buy tickets, but we didn't got the news from Mika himself.

and indeed, iMMa tweets more than Mika. But that's her choice, and she feels comfortable with it. Mika might not feel so comfortable with tweeting so much. which is understandable if you're a famous singer, that you don't tweet where you are every moment of the day. chances of being followed by a mass group of crazy screaming fans rise exponentially when you do that.

But in the end, it's Mika who decides how he lives his life, not we. So he decides in what amount he's going to keep us updated, and which shows he does or doesn't. And we just have to live with that.

It's actually quite funny to see how these discussions always go on and on and on...and in the end, everybody is saying pretty much the same thing over and over again. But nobody realizes this, so everyone just starts from the beginning again.

it's a vicious circle :aah:

And I must say, I haven't been online much lately. But when I am, there's always a discussion going on somewhere.

if we don't know what he's doing or where he is, people feel he doesn't want to be connected anymore, if we do know what he's doing, people don't like what he's doing. if he doesn't tweet, people are nagging about him not tweeting, if he does, every single letter of the tweet gets analyzed and critiziced. :aah:

and then you guys are surprised he doesn't mention some things to us?! :aah:

and to be honest, a privat event has nothing to do with us, unless one of us is the one paying for it.

and it IS private, the swarovski thing. whenever not any random person can walk right in there, unless you're famous or are covered in Swarovski crystals, then it is a private event, even though there might be some media attention.

But Mika didn't tweet before every gig of his tour either to say: hey guys, I'm going to perform there now, just so you'd know.

but then WE KNEW where he was because they announced the shows so we could go buy tickets, but we didn't got the news from Mika himself.

and indeed, iMMa tweets more than Mika. But that's her choice, and she feels comfortable with it. Mika might not feel so comfortable with tweeting so much. which is understandable if you're a famous singer, that you don't tweet where you are every moment of the day. chances of being followed by a mass group of crazy screaming fans rise exponentially when you do that.

But in the end, it's Mika who decides how he lives his life, not we. So he decides in what amount he's going to keep us updated, and which shows he does or doesn't. And we just have to live with that.

Amen!

That's how it seems to me, too. Or more specifically - Mika isn't interested in communicating with his broader fanbase online. :dunno: Yes, he (so far) is really good about chatting with fans in person, after gigs - and that's great. But that's not the same as building and nurturing that connection with fans online - a much larger audience than just those who are able to meet him after gigs.

The thing is, it hasn't always been this way. And I think that's a big part of why some Italian fans were frustrated that he was right there in their country (or city!) and they didn't know about it. Of course Mika has every right to do private gigs or not, to tweet or not, etc. No one is disputing that. But it's clear to me how some of his fans may be really feeling his distance these days, especially because he used to make his fans feel more "connected" back when he was communicating regularly.

In the absence of that connection people are gobbling up crumbs - in this case, word of a private gig that just happened to be on Italian soil. :dunno:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

The same old story again.

Endless discussions about what Mika should do and shouldn't do, and what he owes people here. He owes tweets, vlogs, he owes all the info where he is going and what he is doing, and more and more and more.

I think the only person who has right to advise him what to do, and whom he may inform about his business, is his mom.

And I find it very strange to see the discussion how much does he earn. Is is very private thing even for a common working people. So, even if he is s famous singer, it's his own business.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off :wink2:

:lmao:

2 days away from MFC and 20 pages of endless debates on usual topics to catch up... :roftl:

Everything is fine in Mikaworld :mf_rosetinted:

yes, I think it is reassuring that there are still fans around who think, express their opinion and debate, rather than just :fangurl:

That is partly why I love MFC. Mika fans are special.:teehee:

Guess he should have called it the Low Profit Festival instead. :teehee:

:roftl:

Why would you need to show him your support like that?

I mean, he KNOWS we're here. We show him our support on a daily basis, by posting on MFC, promoting whatever he's doing, such as his columns or new collaborations, etc...

You could wish him good luck for everything, the same way you can tweet him everyday saying "I'm here, I support you", but honestly, I don't think it would change anything... :dunno:

Amen!

Like I replied above is the connection that matters...it's hard to show any kind of support if you're not suppose to know what's going on...

I agree with you about the last album etc..and I also think that the tour with all the scenography was really expensive and maybe they went out of budget but I also think that the festivals are a usefull way to raise money fast: almost no scenography and less costumes and I think that part of the money is re-used to pay for the new CD etc..but I don't think Mika is making private gigs to pay the next tour...I hope isnt necessary because I hope the record company will give money for that....

Gotta go now. Will reply tomorrow if you have more questions about me and my silly thoughts ;)

He knows we care and tweeting him won't make a difference. Be honest now, had you known about the gig, you would've gone to the venue, just like many others. I know I would have. You can't make me believe you're just going to tweet him. Knowing it beforehand would have made you even more miserable about missing out.

I do understand what Sarina is meaning (I think). She wanted Mika to openly tell/tweet that he is doing a private gig in Milan so Italian fans could have shown their support by tweeting back (you are in our country/good luck/enjoy/we are thinking of you even we are not there).

I can understand that people want to have a connection with him, we all do. But he has done many private things, even company things, in different countries, and he doesn't usually tell about it. (I know some artists tell they are doing private gigs even if they don't give any details.)

He has been distant lately. I feel I'm already used to it that he is doing this with his own terms. He gives a lot when he is on tours, doesn't he? And after that he hides from his fans for months when he is working. He will be back. And we all know it would be useful to his career to keep average fans informed and core fans happy even during breaks etc, but he is quite stubborn :teehee:

I would love to know more about economics behind his tours. I mean real numbers. We can't know, of course, but it would be very interesting. This is a funny thread indeed, now I'm thinking of new shoes too. For myself, not him. :roftl:

I agree:thumb_yello:

As long as he doesn't do gigs with his back turned towards us, I'm all good:mf_rosetinted: