Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

I am sorry to say this but the album is definitely leaked  :dunno: It is all over VK.com  :sneaky2: Deluxe version, all of the songs.... :(

Very, very stupid people.They don't realize the damage they can do and / or are doing to an artist like Mika (or any other artist, for that matter, especially those who are not too commercial).

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 1

Okay guys, so it's out in Holland!!!! And I'm already in love with the first two songs

I'm in love with the entire album! With every single song he manages to move me.

I found this tiny "review" in the newspaper (Noordhollands Dagblad) we have at home (all of their cd reviews are this small). Didn't know where else to post it.

Translation:

"Michael Holbrook Penniman (31, mixed Lebanese-English origins), aka Mika, himself says that he is influenced by David Bowie and Mark Bolan. When he had his breakthrough in 2007 with his first album 'Life in cartoon motion', which includes the addictive 'Grace Kelly', we heard some similarities with Freddie Mercury, especially vocally, as well as with some natural pure pop artists and the English music-hall genre from before 1960. Holbrook (why call him Holbrook? Seriously?) apparently has dozens of melodies in his back pocket, that's how naturally his sometimes happy and sometimes melancholic songs sound. A perfect example of the latter is 'Porcelain', which is full of riffs and intriguing patterns."

post-25068-0-60435800-1434094084_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Love the album! :wub2: especially rio and all she wants, hope to hear those live at some point! :wub2: and the lyrics of porcelain on the first listen sound like it could have been the original meaning of china boy, i wonder if he used some parts of that "lost" song for it...

it's officially released in germany today, so at least the leaking was only one day before the (first) release, that's much later than the last 2 albums. :teehee:

Anyway, it makes me sad that there's absolutely zero news about the album in the german press. :no:

• Like 2

Okay guys, so it's out in Holland!!!! And I'm already in love with the first two songs

Received my copy of the Deluxe version today!

Just home from work.... guess what I'm going to do.

Sorry for those that still have to wait a coulple of days: I'll try to keep it as much as a secret for you too!

Anyway, it makes me sad that there's absolutely zero news about the album in the german press. :no:

I know! Been checking Google news every 30 minutes or something. It is pretty scary how much the German press has been neglecting our golden boy. :/ But I can proudly say that I did find ONE review. *check* It's a review published by one of the biggest newspapers in Germany, the FAZ. Not sure though if it is in the printed version as well. It's overall positive saying that the old Mika from 2007 is back with NPIH - this is how I feel as well - But it also states that he didn't put a lot of effort in his rhyming...whatever...Here it is: http://m.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/pop/rezension-zu-no-place-in-heaven-von-mika-13644246.html

I love it!! <3 Can't stop listening. Mika's new album gives me a feeling of joy I just can't put into words. Dying to see him perform the new songs live.

Edited by mariposa
  • Like 2

So this is my first impression of the new album:

I knew I would love it. I mean... it's Mika! And everything he does is amazing (I know I'm a bit of a fangirl, but blame me). But this album... GOSH! I freaking LOVE it. There's something about it. There are a lot more elements like LICM and TBWKTM in this album then there were in TOOL. What I find very exciting is the use of his lower voice. There are a lot of low tones in songs like All She Wants and Oh Girl You're The Devil, which are two of my favourites as well. GOD I freaking love that low voice. It's a bit funny as well, but oh so lovely.

Favourites so far: All She Wants, Oh Girl You're The Devil, Promiseland, Good Wife, Staring at The Sun

People still waiting for the first listen: you'll love it! It's worth the wait.

• Like 2

The track listing seems different per each country and here's the Deluxe in Korea

All she wants is on the top  :naughty:

• 01. All She Wants
  • 02. Talk About You
  • 03. Good Guys
  • 04. No Place In Heaven
  • 05. Staring At the Sun
  • 06. Last Party
  • 07. Hurts
  • 08. Oh Girl You’re the Devil
  • 09. Good Wife
  • 10. Rio
  • 11. Ordinary Man
  • 12. Promiseland * Bonus Track
  • 13. Porcelain * Bonus Track
  • 14. L´amour Fait Ce Qu´il Veut * Bonus Track
  • 15. Boum Boum Boum * Bonus Track 

I received my CD yesterday (pre-ordered it in Fnac webside)

I was so happy when I received my email ;)

I looooooooove the whole album

I really  love Porcelain.

mini_855941IMG20150612183936.jpg

<p>

The track listing seems different per each country and here's the Deluxe in Korea

All she wants is on the top :naughty:

• 01. All She Wants
  • 02. Talk About You
  • 03. Good Guys
  • 04. No Place In Heaven
  • 05. Staring At the Sun
  • 06. Last Party
  • 07. Hurts
  • 08. Oh Girl You’re the Devil
  • 09. Good Wife
  • 10. Rio
  • 11. Ordinary Man
  • 12. Promiseland * Bonus Track
  • 13. Porcelain * Bonus Track
  • 14. L´amour Fait Ce Qu´il Veut * Bonus Track
  • 15. Boum Boum Boum * Bonus Track

Mika said in an interview this week there are 8 different track listings...

I went to a bigger town today and it was in the FNAC shop :wub2:

I'm in love with all the songs :wub2:

Baisers perdus made me cry , it's so poetic and so heart felt, telling the stories of kisses that do not reach the person you love , because you're too shy to give them,or because you're not loved back, so they wander away and end up being lost  ...Mika is romantic, although he said the opposite recently in psychologies magazine interview; this  song is so  heart felt :wub2: 

I also love Good Wife :wub2: All She Wants :biggrin2: and Girl, you're the devil :biggrin2: L'amour fait ce qu'il veut , it's a disco track and I'm really enjoying that :wink2: No Place in Heaven is a jewel as well :wub2:  And of course I still love the first ones that were released so much :wub2: 

This album is pure gold :swoon: and I'm totally in love with it :fangurl: 

• Like 1

Mika said in an interview this week there are 8 different track listings...

8 different listings! don't know why that's needed but .... interesting (and makes me want those 8 different all  :mf_rosetinted: )

• Like 1

This album is pure gold. So so so good. I cannot handle my emotions. Will people rage at me if I say this.... *yes bold claim*.... this album trumps Life in Cartoon Motion? Lyrically, the album is as good as LICM. But it's that song writing, which has improved incredibly over the past 4 albums, which trumps everything. I'm interested what you guys think :) 

• Like 4

This quote is from the No Place In Heaven song discussion thread:

I don't have the physical copy either. I was hoping someone might scan the booklet so we could see the credits. But I guess we just have to wait a few more days.

I've made pictures of the credits in the booklet, thought I'd post them here. Don't really know where else to post them.

See attachment, click to enlarge the pictures.

Writers of each song:

Talk About You: MIKA, Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace, Michael Edwin Hawker & Ivor Raymond.

All She Wants: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Last Party: MIKA, Matt Hales & Teemu Brunila.

Good Guys: MIKA & Skyler Stonestreet.

Oh Girl, You're The Devil: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Greg Wells.

No Place In Heaven: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Rob Wells

Staring At The Sun: MIKA, Wayne Hector, Allesandro "alle" Benassi & Mario "Benny" Benassi.

Hurts: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Good Wife: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Rio: MIKA, Nina Woodford, Jarad Kritzstein & Kerry "Krucial" Brothers.

Ordinary Man: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Gustave Rudman.

Promiseland: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Christopher J. Baran.

Porcelain: MIKA, Teemu Brunila, Jori Sjoroos, Joe Khadajourian & Alex Schwartz.

L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut: MIKA, Doriand.

post-25068-0-35160700-1434273835_thumb.png

post-25068-0-91376100-1434273854_thumb.png

• Like 4

This album is pure gold. So so so good. I cannot handle my emotions. Will people rage at me if I say this.... *yes bold claim*.... this album trumps Life in Cartoon Motion? Lyrically, the album is as good as LICM. But it's that song writing, which has improved incredibly over the past 4 albums, which trumps everything. I'm interested what you guys think :)

I think it's because he's now so open about himself. During LICM there was a part of him that was closed off. But in opening himself up he's set his spirit free, and it has made his songwriting skills (and performances) move on up to another level.

• Like 2

I think it's because he's now so open about himself. During LICM there was a part of him that was closed off. But in opening himself up he's set his spirit free, and it has made his songwriting skills (and performances) move on up to another level.

:thumb_yello: Exactly my thought as well  :)

Love,love

me