Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

This morning I finally got my No Place In Heaven copy :wub:

I must say that this album is a truly masterpiece. I was very excited having all these new songs in my hands! At this moment my favourite songs, in addition to Last Party and Good Guys, are Hurts, Good Wife & No Place In Heaven, but there are many gems in this album. :wub:

I cannot say that this album is a masterpiece, we need to be a bit level headed here, masterpieces are on another level.

BUT

this is my personal review, if anyone's interested.

Who knows me better, probably knows that I've not been very happy with Mika and his last three years' career. I don't like him to do X factor, The Voice, collaborating with fashion brands and such. More than that, I thought that his last songs were weak and lame, nothing to be bothered about. I was ready to quit for good.

Then the Fabrique. He was good on stage as always, as I remembered him from the first years. His voice has got problems, but nothing a good audience cannot compensate ;-) His voice was not killed by the instruments as I heard in Padova or Rome.

Then the new album. I'm still in shock from what I've been listening so far, I can't believe the lame songs I've heard snippets of (Talk about you, Last party, Good guys, Staring at the sun) could fit so well all together in a studio album with the surprising new ones. The whole thing flows smooth, cheerful, passionate and intimate with no continuity solution. You get to the end in a blow and want to repeat it for ever and ever. You try to keep quiet but you cannot help clapping, snapping, dancing, jumping on your chair. His voice is so warm, the choirs are perfectly fit, the arrangements amazing (Mr. Wells for president!).

It takes you back to a golden age and you even need to remember how we used to dance in the 60s/70s. Good for the old, good for the young who could discover a new world.

I know he is not the only responsible of this album, the co-authors are a lot, but thanks God he's found them. Their works has helped Mika to find his way back to success, if only the music world would be ready. It's another little revolution of his, let's hope it will be aknowledged.

It makes me happy, it makes me want to listen to it again and again, it was the same with LICM. Not sure it's the same as the first album in terms of objective value or originality. Fact is that is has the same disruptive effect on me, and that's enough for me to say that I'm here to stay. 

I needed the music, and he gave me what I needed. I can live with the rest, when I feel a bit disappointed I will play NPIH :-D

• Like 9

I cannot say that this album is a masterpiece, we need to be a bit level headed here, masterpieces are on another level.

BUT

this is my personal review, if anyone's interested.

Who knows me better, probably knows that I've not been very happy with Mika and his last three years' career. I don't like him to do X factor, The Voice, collaborating with fashion brands and such. More than that, I thought that his last songs were weak and lame, nothing to be bothered about. I was ready to quit for good.

Then the Fabrique. He was good on stage as always, as I remembered him from the first years. His voice has got problems, but nothing a good audience cannot compensate ;-) His voice was not killed by the instruments as I heard in Padova or Rome.

Then the new album. I'm still in shock from what I've been listening so far, I can't believe the lame songs I've heard snippets of (Talk about you, Last party, Good guys, Staring at the sun) could fit so well all together in a studio album with the surprising new ones. The whole thing flows smooth, cheerful, passionate and intimate with no continuity solution. You get to the end in a blow and want to repeat it for ever and ever. You try to keep quiet but you cannot help clapping, snapping, dancing, jumping on your chair. His voice is so warm, the choirs are perfectly fit, the arrangements amazing (Mr. Wells for president!).

It takes you back to a golden age and you even need to remember how we used to dance in the 60s/70s. Good for the old, good for the young who could discover a new world.

I know he is not the only responsible of this album, the co-authors are a lot, but thanks God he's found them. Their works has helped Mika to find his way back to success, if only the music world would be ready. It's another little revolution of his, let's hope it will be aknowledged.

It makes me happy, it makes me want to listen to it again and again, it was the same with LICM. Not sure it's the same as the first album in terms of objective value or originality. Fact is that is has the same disruptive effect on me, and that's enough for me to say that I'm here to stay. 

I needed the music, and he gave me what I needed. I can live with the rest, when I feel a bit disappointed I will play NPIH :-D

Totally agree on your review, including how I felt for past 3 years, and how I felt on the small snippets, and How I feel now listening this entire album.

He found a right way to go, which so suits on him and even bigger and clear than before. 

No more moans. He's back and I think our long time Mfcers who'd been shared similar idea for past few years, would be back too!  :aah:

Edited by Yuna

I'm sorry for late posting.

Japanese version

• 1 トーク・アバウト・ユー/Talk About You
  • 2 オール・シー・ウォンツ/All She Wants
  • 3 ラスト・パーティー/Last Party・・・フレディ・マーキュリーへの叙情歌。
  • 4 グッド・ガイズ/Good Guys
  • 5 オー・ガール、ユー・アー・ザ・デビル/Oh Girl, You're The Devil
  • 6 ノー・プレイス・イン・ヘヴン/No Place In Heaven
  • 7 ステアリング・アット・ザ・サン/Staring At The Sun
  • 8 ハーツ/Hurts
  • 9 グッド・ワイフ/Good Wife
  • 10 リオ/Rio
  • 11 オーディナリー・マン/Ordinary Man
  • 12 プロミスランド/Promiseland
  • 13 ポルセリン/Porcelain

• 14 グッド・ガイズ、ナイト・タイム・ミックス/Good Guys, Night Time Mix
  • 15 ラムール/L'Amour
  • 16 レ・ベゼール・ペルドュ/Les Baisers Perdus
  • 17 ブーン・ブーン・ブーン/Boum Boum
  • 18 ジェ・パ・オンヴィ/J'ai Pas Envie

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/mika/products/uico-1279/#ImxuBQPYTq4aFcBO.99

Edited by Kumazzz

I'm sorry for late posting.

Japanese version

• 1 トーク・アバウト・ユー/Talk About You
  • 2 オール・シー・ウォンツ/All She Wants
  • 3 ラスト・パーティー/Last Party・・・フレディ・マーキュリーへの叙情歌。
  • 4 グッド・ガイズ/Good Guys
  • 5 オー・ガール、ユー・アー・ザ・デビル/Oh Girl, You're The Devil
  • 6 ノー・プレイス・イン・ヘヴン/No Place In Heaven
  • 7 ステアリング・アット・ザ・サン/Staring At The Sun
  • 8 ハーツ/Hurts
  • 9 グッド・ワイフ/Good Wife
  • 10 リオ/Rio
  • 11 オーディナリー・マン/Ordinary Man
  • 12 プロミスランド/Promiseland
  • 13 ポルセリン/Porcelain

• 14 グッド・ガイズ、ナイト・タイム・ミックス/Good Guys, Night Time Mix
  • 15 ラムール/L'Amour
  • 16 レ・ベゼール・ペルドュ/Les Baisers Perdus
  • 17 ブーン・ブーン・ブーン/Boum Boum
  • 18 ジェ・パ・オンヴィ/J'ai Pas Envie

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/mika/products/uico-1279/#ImxuBQPYTq4aFcBO.99

This is the most complete version I guess. Lucky Japanese people. I'm having enough trouble trying to buy the French luxe edition though, so I let go of the Good guys, night time mix and will be satisfied with 17 songs.

This is the most complete version I guess. Lucky Japanese people. I'm having enough trouble trying to buy the French luxe edition though, so I let go of the Good guys, night time mix and will be satisfied with 17 songs.

really? I ordered it from Amazon.fr and got it delivered to Germany without problems.

But do you have the French Luxe edition (17 songs)? I can only find the Standard edition on Amazon. Fr (14 songs).

I ordered deluxe edition some months ago on amazon and it arrived last week and had no problem. 

Edited by Mikasister

I ordered deluxe edition some months ago on amazon and it arrived last week with any problem.

Maybe the deluxe edition is sold out. One of the reviews of the buyers mentions the bonus tracks as well. But they are not in the CD description.

Maybe the deluxe edition is sold out. One of the reviews of the buyers mentions the bonus tracks as well. But they are not in the CD description.

I ordered the deluxe edition from amazon.fr too. Looks like it's still available at this link: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VK4RECW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I ordered the deluxe edition from amazon.fr too. Looks like it's still available at this link: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00VK4RECW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thanks a lot for that link. I don't understand why this item didn't show at the site when I searched for Mika products but I won't bother finding that that out. i'm going to order the CD at once!!!!

Thanks a lot for that link. I don't understand why this item didn't show at the site when I searched for Mika products but I won't bother finding that that out. i'm going to order the CD at once!!!!

You're very welcome! It doesn't show up when I search for it now either, but since I've already ordered it, I followed the link from the "my orders" page. That's pretty weird, but I hope you'll be able to get it without any problems.

You're very welcome! It doesn't show up when I search for it now either, but since I've already ordered it, I followed the link from the "my orders" page. That's pretty weird, but I hope you'll be able to get it without any problems.

Hoorah, I just ordered the CD. It will be here on 30 june. I'm so happy. Thought that I had to travel to Belgium to get one. And I really don't have time to do that now. Thanks again, everyone that helped me.

• Like 2

But do you have the French Luxe edition (17 songs)? I can only find the Standard edition on Amazon. Fr (14 songs).

mine has 17 Songs but I heard it was sold out last week but back again after the 24th June. I´m glad you could order right now because I really love the French Songs and I think Les Blaiser Perdus lets me melt like butter in the sun

• Like 1

mine has 17 Songs but I heard it was sold out last week but back again after the 24th June. I´m glad you could order right now because I really love the French Songs and I think Les Blaiser Perdus lets me melt like butter in the sun

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of te french songs. I've always loved french chansons, listened a lot to Boris Vian, Serge Reggiani and Barbara when I was a teenager. I don't know many modern french singers though. So I'm very glad that Mika sings in french and participates in the Voice France. I love the climbing of the notes in the beginning of Les baisers perdus. Looking forward to listening to it a lot when my CD will have arrived.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm also a big fan of te french songs. I've always loved french chansons, listened a lot to Boris Vian, Serge Reggiani and Barbara when I was a teenager. I don't know many modern french singers though. So I'm very glad that Mika sings in french and participates in the Voice France. I love the climbing of the notes in the beginning of Les baisers perdus. Looking forward to listening to it a lot when my CD will have arrived.

Happy for you :biggrin2:

Same for me :wub2:

Finally !!

Here comes MIKA To-Fu !!! :mf_lustslow:

You may buy the Hong Kong version by online.

MIKA No Place In Heaven (Deluxe Edition) CD (HK Edition) (+TOFU FIGURE)

Track list

• 1. Talk About You
  • 2. All She Wants
  • 3. Last Party
  • 4. Good Guys
  • 5. Oh Girl You’re The Devil
  • 6. No Place In Heaven
  • 7. Staring At The Sun
  • 8. Hurts
  • 9. Good Wife
  • 10. Rio
  • 11. Ordinary Man Bonus:
  • 12. Promiseland
  • 13. Porcelain
  • 14. Good Guys (Night Time Mix)
  • 15. L’amour Fait Ce Qu’il Veut

19198085396_452266cd9c_b.jpg

18603606353_4c6a10b37d_b.jpg

19224155195_f56eea62a7_b.jpg

18603588123_622681f680_b.jpg

post-18723-0-62260400-1435470489_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-38034300-1435470494_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-13048500-1435470498_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-61148400-1435470502_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-22322500-1435470507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

Finally !!

Here comes MIKA To-Fu !!! :mf_lustslow:

Mine has arrived too  :wub:  and that's when I realised the French deluxe and tofu deluxe don't have the same pictures inside (also, one is mat the other shiny)  which is not a good thing as I was planning to offer the tofu one as a gift (all I was interested in was the doll xd) but now he fangurl side of me is screaming nooooo new pics you caaaaaan't  :doh:

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 1

Why don't we have those to-fu dolls in Europe!?

You may buy the Hong Kong version by online.

MIKA No Place In Heaven (Deluxe Edition) CD (HK Edition) (+TOFU FIGURE)

Track list

• 1. Talk About You
  • 2. All She Wants
  • 3. Last Party
  • 4. Good Guys
  • 5. Oh Girl You’re The Devil
  • 6. No Place In Heaven
  • 7. Staring At The Sun
  • 8. Hurts
  • 9. Good Wife
  • 10. Rio
  • 11. Ordinary Man Bonus:
  • 12. Promiseland
  • 13. Porcelain
  • 14. Good Guys (Night Time Mix)
  • 15. L’amour Fait Ce Qu’il Veut
Edited by Kumazzz

I'm actually very glad that the UK version doesn't have a lot of French songs on it. The one at the end is fine. If people in the UK don't want to hear it, they can stop the album but they will probably listen out of curiosity, and may like the song.

I'm really happy with the album, it's excellent! I hope it does well in the UK. I wish they would advertise it on the TV.

Could someone who has one of the editions with the French songs please post a photo of the credits on the paper booklet?

Thanks! I need to add the French songs info to the Mika encyclopedia and it doesn't look like i'll be getting the French version anytime soon.

• Like 1