Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

I have received the signed deluxe edition today :excite:

The box is much bigger than I expected

I have received an e-mail saying it had been shipped....how big is it?   :excite:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

"Hello Sjoerd

I have issued a full refund to you for the following reason:

Amazon announced that the record company cancel the release of Mika's No Place In Heaven vinyl. It will be released later this year.

Regards

Marios @musicfab!"

• Like 2

"Hello Sjoerd

Amazon announced that the record company cancel the release of Mika's No Place In Heaven vinyl. It will be released later this year.

Regards

Marios @musicfab!"

:jawdrop:

• Like 1

"Hello Sjoerd

Regards

Marios @musicfab!"

:dunno: later this year ???

:jawdrop:

NPIH LP is still on AMAZON Italia !

http://www.amazon.it/No-Place-Heaven-Esclusiva-Amazon/dp/B00ZHLIC0W/ref=sr_1_2?m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1437425941&sr=1-2

No Place in Heaven - LP (Esclusiva Amazon.it) Mika (Artista) Formato: Vinile

Price: EUR 22.90 free shipping. details

All prices include VAT.

Booking at the minimum price guaranteed more.

Release Date: July 31, 2015. :mikacool:

"Hello Sjoerd

Regards

Marios @musicfab!"

But I'm glad they gave you such a good reason.....

I'm getting curious :excite:

That's big big big xD

Pics under spoiler for those who are waiting for it and don't want to be spoiled (we are talking about the signed deluxe edition)

153810noplacedeluxe.jpg

78922720150722193308.jpg

75590320150722193400.jpg

Mikasounds Official Store

https://shop.mikasounds.com/*/*/No-Place-In-Heaven-12/4R8A0000000

No Place In Heaven 12"

• £15.99  
  • Release Date 14 August 2015

Product code 4743080

Format Vinyl LP

Label Virgin EMI

Tracklist:

Side A

1. All She Wants
  2. Talk About You
  3. Good Guys
  4. No Place In Heaven
  5. Staring At The Sun
  6. Last Party

Side B

1. Hurts
  2. Oh Girl You’re The Devil
  3. Good Wife
  4. Rio
  5. Ordinary Man
  6. Good Guys (Night Time Mix)

ArticleSharedImage-53839.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

Mikasounds Official Store

https://shop.mikasounds.com/*/*/No-Place-In-Heaven-12/4R8A0000000

No Place In Heaven 12"

• £15.99  
  • Release Date 14 August 2015

Product code 4743080

Format Vinyl LP

Label Virgin EMI

Tracklist:

Side A

1. All She Wants
  2. Talk About You
  3. Good Guys
  4. No Place In Heaven
  5. Staring At The Sun
  6. Last Party

Side B

1. Hurts
  2. Oh Girl You’re The Devil
  3. Good Wife
  4. Rio
  5. Ordinary Man
  6. Good Guys (Night Time Mix)

ArticleSharedImage-53839.jpg

Good to see it on Mika's shop

Hey, I received the signed version yesterday and I was wery surprised how big it is! I had lot things to do, so first I put the package aside on the piano, because I didnt expected something special (I thought the package was so big because they didnt have a little one :-D )

but in the evening I opened and I told "wow" while opening, because there was such a big suprise waiting for me the whole day! If I knew how well done it will be I would open it immediately. And the prints are so beautiful too! I expected all the things (box and the prints) will be as big as the ordinary CD usually is, and what I received made me absolutely happy:-)

Oh yes it is quite big, not sure where to put it :-)

Yes, I agree:-) currently dont have good place enough for it, so I put it back in the packet and it is waiting for its opinion:-D

:) I received my signed version of NPIH yesterday - and like you all say, it's BIG !  :teehee:  A big paperbox, with the same cover as the alb. itself, isn't that valuable, but the inlay, with equally big photos in black & white, made by PL, 4 in all,  and one designed by MIKA,  is what makes this version worth it's price :yes: This CD itself, is just the same as the one I already found in Denmark, during our holiday, with the same bonus tracks - so now I have what I wanted, one for the car,  and one for the house... :fisch:  

Love,love

me   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really know where to write this, but the first NPIH t-shirt is available on the webshop! It's a pre-order though.... But still

https://shop.mikasounds.com/?utm_campaign=MIKAstoreforwebsite&utm_content=MIKAstoreforwebsite&utm_medium=Referral&utm_source=ArtistWebsite

I actually like the t-shirt. It's certainly better than those disembodied blue eyeballs. The NPIH artwork translates well to the t-shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hello Sjoerd

Regards

Marios @musicfab!"

And it is finally being sent - I got mine today via Amazon France :)

(and it was quite a good surprise as after 3 reports I actually  had  forgotten  I had pre-ordered it so obviously I wasn't expecting it at all  :stifle:

And it is finally being sent - I got mine today via Amazon France :)

(and it was quite a good surprise as after 3 reports I actually  had  forgotten  I had pre-ordered it so obviously I wasn't expecting it at all  :stifle:

Good to know it could be on its way here too :crossed:

A review from Wax On Tape: http://waxontape.tumblr.com/post/127625074566/mika-2015-no-place-in-heaven-8510

MIKA - 2015 - NO PLACE IN HEAVEN [8.5/10]

tumblr_inline_nton1bmmpe1ts5p2c_500.png

British singer-songwriter had nothing to lose when he coyly admitted to the public that he is of a certain sexual orientation, something I don’t think anybody was truly shocked by. After two brightly painted pop albums, Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much, it seemed ridiculous to be shying away from the obvious. Perhaps just as ridiculous as caring about it in the first place. The experience, in turn, seems to have sobered him a bit. The release of The Origin of Love, Mika’s third album, marked a sharp change in Mika’s sound. There are still bright colors and textures to be found, but it plays a bit more serious than one may have expected. In between that record’s moments of off-the-wall flamboyance, there are experiments with dark electronic beats, male choirs, and French lyrics. It’s a culmination of his previous work and where he would go in the future. Although that album will always hold a very special place in my heart, it is Mika’s latest release, No Place in Heaven, that has made me a bona fide fan. Although nowhere close to ground-breaking or experimental, No Place in Heaven remains an effort in consistency and refinement. He merely nods to his popular debut here, winking at his former self while remaining squarely in the middle of his present. Unlike on Origin, There’s very little in the way of prediction or romanticizing the future.

For the first time in his career, Mika does not push himself beyond the boundaries of what some might consider to be good taste. Although he still knows how to right a decent pop song, as evidenced by “Oh Girl You’re the Devil,” it seems the songwriter has, quite frankly, grown up a bit. If Origin played as a “fresh-faced gay boy in the city” album, No Place in Heavenis the sound of a gay man coming to terms with any disappointment or disillusionment. On the record cover, painted towers flair around a photograph of Mika in a palette of warm greys. It’s sober, but not cold or hopeless. If ever a jacket were aptly designed, it would be that for No Place in Heaven, an album on which Mika croons about the stress of life and the loss of love. “Last Party” and “Ordinary Man” flex the singer’s muscle for melody while lyrically confronting the pain in the passage of the time. He’s managed to tap into a place that pays homage to Noel Coward, Kander & Ebb, and Cole Porter without ripping them off— no easy feat.

Not every song on No Place in Heaven is a winner— “All She Wants” feels better suited for a previous album, and “Staring at the Sun” disappoints. But the misses on Heaven are strongly overshadowed by the strong lyricism and production found everywhere else. The album plays as Mika’s leanest and most focused project to date. He’s established certain lines and learned from his experiences as an artist who’s not fighting for the top of the charts. If there’s something I can appreciate about Mika, it’s that he doesn’t pander or try too hard. He knows, roughly, who he is and puts that boldly on the record. For those looking for a good romp and a dance party, this is not your album. “Talk About You,” with it’s perfect, sugary hook and passionate delivery, may mislead you into thinking this is a record made for a strut down the catwalk. But Heaven has an overarching narrative describing one’s life during the stages of romance and heartbreak. By the time the record hits material like “Hurts,” the listener is left with nothing but chills— in fact, this may be his best song yet.

No Place in Heaven is an album fit for a plane ride to someplace far, far away. It’s an album for the living room around dusk. It’s not a booty-shaker; it’s not mopey; it’s not as theatrical as one might expect. The album is Mika distilled down to his greatest elements and talents. For anybody who previously disliked Mika, this may be the album to change your mind; for anybody who loved Mika before, it will be hard not to find Heaven his most endearing, honest work yet.

tumblr_inline_nton15r0191ts5p2c_400.png

Edited by krysady
  • Like 5