Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

This quote is from the No Place In Heaven song discussion thread:

I've made pictures of the credits in the booklet, thought I'd post them here. Don't really know where else to post them.

See attachment, click to enlarge the pictures.

Writers of each song:

Talk About You: MIKA, Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace, Michael Edwin Hawker & Ivor Raymond.

All She Wants: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Last Party: MIKA, Matt Hales & Teemu Brunila.

Good Guys: MIKA & Skyler Stonestreet.

Oh Girl, You're The Devil: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Greg Wells.

No Place In Heaven: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Rob Wells

Staring At The Sun: MIKA, Wayne Hector, Allesandro "alle" Benassi & Mario "Benny" Benassi.

Hurts: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Good Wife: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Rio: MIKA, Nina Woodford, Jarad Kritzstein & Kerry "Krucial" Brothers.

Ordinary Man: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Gustave Rudman.

Promiseland: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Christopher J. Baran.

Porcelain: MIKA, Teemu Brunila, Jori Sjoroos, Joe Khadajourian & Alex Schwartz.

L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut: MIKA, Doriand.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I don't have the physical copy of the CD yet, but I really wanted to see the booklet. :) Also, now I have the confirmation that he really did all the vocals in Promiseland himself.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I don't have the physical copy of the CD yet, but I really wanted to see the booklet. :) Also, now I have the confirmation that he really did all the vocals in Promiseland himself.

Exactly, that was one of the first things I checked in the booklet when I heard Promiseland for the first time! You're welcome :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Do we know the track listing for the vinyl?

From what I see on the cover:

All She Wants

Talk About You

Good Guys

No Place In Heaven

Staring At The Sun

Last Party

Hurts

Oh,Girl,You're The Devil

Good Wife

Rio

Ordinary Man

Good Guys (Night Time Mix)

I love the album ! I don't have any regrets buying the French deluxe version because Rio, Porcelain and Promiseland (wich aren't in the "normal" French version) are ones of my favorites ! (Well in fact I love every songs but particularly those one). I love the French songs too (Boum Boum Boum is the one I love the less...). I just can't stop listen it, I'm in love with this treasure  :wub: .

• Like 1

Is it finally out? Are we confidently sure?

I really like it! Classy pop record, pure and simple, in the best sense of the word, lovely piano tracks, lyrics more relatable and direct than ever. Also the use of the vocal range is impressive, going from a softer tone to a rough one back and forth, from the lowest low notes to the highest high ones more easily than a roller coaster. ????

My personal favourites are - in rigorously maniacal order - Good Wife (genius), Last Party, No Place In Heaven, Hurts, Ordinary Man, Oh Girl You're the Devil, Everything (okay not really). Rio could have been written by Paul Simon and Promiseland is basically Mika goes Britney (bitch). ???? All in all everything is very enjoyable and I hope it'll grow on me, the premises are goood.

Edited by Log lady
  • Like 1

This quote is from the No Place In Heaven song discussion thread:

I've made pictures of the credits in the booklet, thought I'd post them here. Don't really know where else to post them.

See attachment, click to enlarge the pictures.

Writers of each song:

Talk About You: MIKA, Johan Carlsson, Ross Golan, Danio Farina, Enzo Ghinazzi, Daniele Pace, Michael Edwin Hawker & Ivor Raymond.

All She Wants: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Last Party: MIKA, Matt Hales & Teemu Brunila.

Good Guys: MIKA & Skyler Stonestreet.

Oh Girl, You're The Devil: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Greg Wells.

No Place In Heaven: MIKA, Clarence Coffe Jr & Rob Wells

Staring At The Sun: MIKA, Wayne Hector, Allesandro "alle" Benassi & Mario "Benny" Benassi.

Hurts: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Good Wife: MIKA, James Bauer-Mein & David Sneddon.

Rio: MIKA, Nina Woodford, Jarad Kritzstein & Kerry "Krucial" Brothers.

Ordinary Man: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Gustave Rudman.

Promiseland: MIKA, Skyler Stonestreet & Christopher J. Baran.

Porcelain: MIKA, Teemu Brunila, Jori Sjoroos, Joe Khadajourian & Alex Schwartz.

L'Amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut: MIKA, Doriand.

THANK YOU.

Now I know who to thank in my prayers ;-)

At least Mika has found a proper team of authors to help him.

Is it finally out? Are we confidently sure?

I really like it! Classy pop record, pure and simple, in the best sense of the word, lovely piano tracks, lyrics more relatable and direct than ever. Also the use of the vocal range is impressive, going from a softer tone to a rough one back and forth, from the lowest low notes to the highest high ones more easily than a roller coaster.

My personal favourites are - in rigorously maniacal order - Good Wife (genius), Last Party, No Place In Heaven, Hurts, Ordinary Man, Oh Girl You're the Devil, Everything (okay not really). Rio could have been written by Paul Simon and Promiseland is basically Mika goes Britney (bitch). All in all everything is very enjoyable and I hope it'll grow on me, the premises are goood.

So glad you loved it after waiting and being so patient reading our praising tweets!  :naughty: You said the reasons why I love this album so much. It's pure and simple, he is using his amazing vocal range (find it so impressive!!) and being more direct with his lyrics than ever. It was important to make an album like this (this real and serious) and I love practically everything in it. I don't want to leave my house, lol, I just want to be alone and listen to the album again and again. I hope so much everything goes well with promoting it and that as many people as possible will hear about this album because they will love it. 

• Like 1

The vinyl looks gorgeous! Had to order one! :P

I'm still waiting on my cd. :aah: Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow. !!! Its been torture hearing everyone talk about the album!!

I know exactly how you feel.

But I'm not going to go onto any illegal stuff on the internet, to hear it. I just hope the extra wait for the UK is worth it.

In other words, Mika... Get your ass over here this week, and promote the album!!!

I had the album last friday...legally...as I am a professional pianist, I' can't have some music illegally...that's not fair. But I DO LOVE this album! and I like two French songs (J'ai pas envie and les baiser doux) I really love Hurts...but anyway, when I listened to it, I had the same feeling that happened to me when I discovered his very first album 8 years ago...Hope that it will bring a huge success to him! He deserves it! And thanks to all the artists who worked with him on this album :)

I had the album last friday...legally...as I am a professional pianist, I' can't have some music illegally...that's not fair. But I DO LOVE this album! and I like two French songs (J'ai pas envie and les baiser doux) I really love Hurts...but anyway, when I listened to it, I had the same feeling that happened to me when I discovered his very first album 8 years ago...Hope that it will bring a huge success to him! He deserves it! And thanks to all the artists who worked with him on this album :)

I got my copy on French iTunes this morning (I woke up a little bit earlier to download it before going to work  ;) ). I hoped to get it after midnight but at 00.30 I had to give up and go to bed  :sneaky2:. I have this same feeling than you for Hurts. I keep replaying it, but also some other songs like NIPH, Good Wife and SATS. I have to go to Fnac after work to get the Deluxe version. The French iTunes album doesn't include Promiseland, Porcelain and Rio!  :crybaby:

I don't want to leave my house, lol, I just want to be alone and listen to the album again and again. I hope so much everything goes well with promoting it and that as many people as possible will hear about this album because they will love it.

I am into the tunnel too, so obsessed with it at the moment that I had to throw away my earphones to be able to work a bit ????

Sure I will be nagging people to make them listen ????

• Like 1