Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

I hope it's big enough to read when clicking on it (I am not on my computer I don't know how it looks like on a regular screen)

14355710.jpg

Edited by Melyssa
  • Like 1

Happy for you :biggrin2:

Same for me :wub2:

They should have released the French Deluxe version also in Belgium, Switzerland and Canada ( at least in Quebec). I am sure that the album would sell more in those countries with all the French songs included.

They should have released the French Deluxe version also in Belgium, Switzerland and Canada ( at least in Quebec). I am sure that the album would sell more in those countries with all the French songs included.

The deluxe CD is available in Quebec as well as a 2nd version on itunes with the 4 French songs.

Ok, that's good. How is it doing in the charts?[/quote

It was #12 pop in itunes Canada, but it's #1 on Quebec biggest record store chart.

That's wonderful! :)

Edited by Menthe

Could someone who has one of the editions with the French songs please post a photo of the credits on the paper booklet?

Thanks! I need to add the French songs info to the Mika encyclopedia and it doesn't look like i'll be getting the French version anytime soon.

This blog helps.

http://the-sweet-insane-collection.blogspot.jp/2015/06/mika-no-place-in-heaven-version-deluxe.html

Scan-no-place-in-heaven15.jpg

post-18723-0-56472700-1436195015_thumb.jpg

The blue and green disc is the one that has in it 11 songs (without any bonus tracks) 

The colorful disc is the one that has in it 15+ songs (bonus tracks)  :)

corrcet me if i'm wrong

Are you saying this is the standard version?

TONIGHT, on Jo Whileys show, No Place In Heaven will finally be reviewed.

It's taken a while due to Glastonbury highlights and Jo being on holiday.

• Like 1

I was just coming on to say that Chris seems to like Mika, and thinks he should make a much darker album, when Jo read out the tweet I sent about listening to the de luxe version and to Promiseland.

He gave it 3/5, the best review of the 2 albums tonight.

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 1

I missed it, because I haven't come on this thread for a while!

I'll go on the catch up though.

Fantastic news!!! This will help the album, if it's still available in the UK. People say it isn't. Not the cd anyway.

Now I really hope Mika is doing something on Radio 2. It will follow on from this great publicity!

The day is officially made for me.

For those who haven't read it in the barcelona thread: there's officially nothing planned for germany. :( i asked mika in barcelona, and while we didn't go into detail, i suppose this means promo as well as tourdates. He said "it'll all come back", but that sounded more like him comforting me and the other germans who were there, than any concrete plans for world domination. :mf_rosetinted:

I managed to listen to the review on catch up. This is the right page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0612rlp#auto

I sort-of get what the reviewer was talking about, but there are some incredible tracks on the album. However, I do agree that Mika is capable of writing very intense music, and orchestral music would be really good from him.

I don't hate the review, because the criticism was constructive, and the guy knows that Mika is a true musician, who has it in him to be great again, but maybe not in the way that he once was, as a popstar in the UK.

I have to say, he's probably right about that. But I still say that the album has some amazing tracks. It's just a great pity that they didn't feature them on the show, and also that Mika's record company didn't put out one of the better songs, like Promiseland, as a single.