Mika guest at La Grande Soirée - Versailles 31 December 2020 - France 2

Gabry74

1 hour ago, Florine said:

Thank you :) Yes all of his family was there ! It was so cool to see the whole family there to support him once again :)

Even the girls ?

I'd enjoy to imagine them running in the Castle's park without knowing that it's a privilege at a time when tourists are not allowed to visit! :lol3:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hi everyone!

I was very lucky to be able to attend this special concert thanks to MFC :wub2: I feel like it's the kind of events that totally deserves that I take a little bit of time to write about it.  Even just for my own memories. 

So as was said before, when my friends and I decided we wanted to take a chance and attend whatever they were going to record that night, no one knew what we were signing for.  For my part I was already too happy to know for sure that Mika would be there and I would be able to see him, even for one little song, after all these hard months.  And the fact that it was in Versailles obviously helped wanting to be a part of it.  Only when we received official invitations did we notice the little magical word 'concert' on the email.  We still didn't want to believe 100% (it's very easy to get high hopes, I didn't want to be disappointed)  On Wednesday as I was heading towards Paris after my morning of work, some news started to spread on social networks, for instance from the Gospel choir.  It started to get real.  I didn't want to look at the posted setlist, I preferred being surprised. Of course I was spoilt a little bit, but that's fine, it made me even more excited.

When I arrived in Versailles my day was already made as I was able to meet up with some of my closest friends, it was so good to see beloved ones that I hadn't seen for weeks or months.  We had a 20km around our home limitation that had been lifted just the day before! Crazy timing. We were soon allowed inside, but people at the venue didn't really know what to do with us at first :lmfao:Mika had not finished rehearsing and apparently they had let us in too early. We waited for a while near the stairs, they gave us special certificates to use after 8pm because of the curfew, we were here for 'professional reasons'!  It's true that being a Mika fan can totally be a second career :lmfao:While waiting we heard that the 1st row somewhere in the Opera was reserved for the fans. When it was time to get our seats, we realised it was the 1st row of the stalls :eek: We couldn't believe our luck.  We were all completely amazed by the venue, I think we had more than an hour inside before the concert started but I couldn't process anything already, I was mesmerized by the whole place.

Finally it was time for Mika to arrive.  He was as classy as ever, very fitting clothes, so elegant.  He made a little introduction speech for TV,  explaining we were now entering 2021 and I think he talked about the poetical touch he wanted to bring on this start of the year. During the whole evening, he was just the right amount of chatty and funny like I love, and smart at the same time, it was so perfect.

I don't know if I'm going to report on all the songs, anyway I myself have trouble to define all the emotions I have felt all along this incredible setlist, but I will try to post what crosses my mind just now. Maybe if you don't want to be spoilt you should stop reading here :wink2: (if my report is not already too long anyway :doh:)

Over My Shoulder being the first live song I would hear after this Mika drought is a hint of the magical night that was ahead of us.  Each time I have had the chance to hear OMS live, it's always been a song that I completely savour from start to finish.  I loved this version with the special guest.

Toy Boy works perfectly in this kind of events, it was lovely to hear it again.  I don't listen to it that much as the album version but for me it remains a masterpiece in Mika's repertoire.  Ice Cream was a total surprise!  I've always liked the song, not my fav but always enjoyed it, but this concert brought it to a whole new level.  I can't listen to it the same way as before anymore.  Not everyone agreed with me but one of the many highlights of the night for me.  I don't remember much Grace Kelly but it was certainly as good as always.  Without Her, the cover of Harry Nilsson's song, was such a treat with the famous cellist Gauthier Capuçon as a guest.  Suspended moment.  

The sequence Last Party/Origin/Underwater kind of overwhelmed me with beauty and emotions.  I love when there is a choir alongside Mika and that Gospel choir was very impressive, it was such a great added value.  

Lollipop is one of the songs that I generally enjoy less at gigs (although I liked the Revelation Tour version) but once more on this special night Mika managed to make it something totally new to me, visually and musically, very enjoyable.

Good Guys... so happy to hear this one again.  Hadn't heard it since the Florence symphonic shows, I had missed it a lot.  Beautiful rendition.

EMD was energetic and fun, Mika was playful, engaging the audience, it was hard not to move from our seats.

Les Baisers Perdus.. I wouldn't ever have thought I would hear this song once more after Bercy 2016.  It was a new version with a guitarist, I remember looking at the ceiling of the venue as Mika's voice echoed, it was magnificent.

Then a total surprise for me, the lights turned green and suddenly Mika pronounced the first word of the next song: 'Tomorroooow'.. I couldn't believe it, Tomorrow was one of the big highlights of the Revelation Tour for my friends and I, my heart was full of joy to listen to it again in this way.  Mika totally nailed it, very impressive.

Love Today was also another highlight.  I always love the song live, I'm used to jumping and singing very loud on that one :teehee: but this time we were sitting quietly and Mika managed to make it something new after 14 years, he is so incredible.  He was also very energetic but it was all so very well controlled, I can't explain.  Can't wait to hear it again.

Then Relax and again it was a lovely version.  He asked us to sing 'eaaasy' at the end and of course in this kind of setting everyone is a little bit shy compared to the usual gigs. But he said 'I'm sure people who would have liked being here would want you all to be much louder' or something along the way and I sang as loud as I can (sorry dear neighbours)

As an encore Mika sang Happy Ending with Ida, that I haven't mentioned before but of course I was sooo happy to see her here as well as Max, their voices melt so well with Mika's voice, I always love hearing them.  Mika seemed so happy particularly during this song, his complicity with Ida, the choir and the audience was so nice to see.

Then it was over but... no, he apologised and said he had to sing the first song once again, due to technical issues earlier.  Don't you apologise about having to sing OMS once more and make the pleasure last...  It was even better the 2nd time than the first.

Then this time it was really over and while we were preparing to leave, taking some photos and stuff, Mika came to the edge of the stage to greet us, we thanked and congratulated him and he said something along the lines of 'it's a pleasure to meet with you again'.  So lovely :blush:

I still can't believe all of this actually happened, it all happened so fast, I was not emotionally prepared :lmfao:  I wouldn't have dared to dream that this would be how I would see Mika again after so long, in 2020, magical venue, unique event, with friends around me.   Thank you so so so much to Mika, to @dcdeb and the MFC, as we all said in our tweets after the evening, you totally saved our year :wub2: MERCI :)

Edited by camille*
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, camille* said:

Hi everyone!

I was very lucky to be able to attend this special concert thanks to MFC :wub2: I feel like it's the kind of events that totally deserves that I take a little bit of time to write about it.  Even just for my own memories. 

So as was said before, when my friends and I decided we wanted to take a chance and attend whatever they were going to record that night, no one knew what we were signing for.  For my part I was already too happy to know for sure that Mika would be there and I would be able to see him, even for one little song, after all these hard months.  And the fact that it was in Versailles obviously helped wanting to be a part of it.  Only when we received official invitations did we notice the little magical word 'concert' on the email.  We still didn't want to believe 100% (it's very easy to get high hopes, I didn't want to be disappointed)  On Wednesday as I was heading towards Paris after my morning of work, some news started to spread on social networks, for instance from the Gospel choir.  It started to get real.  I didn't want to look at the posted setlist, I preferred being surprised. Of course I was spoilt a little bit, but that's fine, it made me even more excited.

When I arrived in Versailles my day was already made as I was able to meet up with some of my closest friends, it was so good to see beloved ones that I hadn't seen for weeks or months.  We had a 20km around our home limitation that had been lifted just the day before! Crazy timing. We were soon allowed inside, but people at the venue didn't really know what to do with us at first :lmfao:Mika had not finished rehearsing and apparently they had let us in too early. We waited for a while near the stairs, they gave us special certificates to use after 8pm because of the curfew, we were here for 'professional reasons'!  It's true that being a Mika fan can totally be a second career :lmfao:While waiting we heard that the 1st row somewhere in the Opera was reserved for the fans. When it was time to get our seats, we realised it was the 1st row of the stalls :eek: We couldn't believe our luck.  We were all completely amazed by the venue, I think we had more than an hour inside before the concert started but I couldn't process anything already, I was mesmerized by the whole place.

Finally it was time for Mika to arrive.  He was as classy as ever, very fitting clothes, so elegant.  He made a little introduction speech for TV,  explaining we were now entering 2021 and I think he talked about the poetical touch he wanted to bring on this start of the year. During the whole evening, he was just the right amount of chatty and funny like I love, and smart at the same time, it was so perfect.

I don't know if I'm going to report on all the songs, anyway I myself have trouble to define all the emotions I have felt all along this incredible setlist, but I will try to post what crosses my mind just now. Maybe if you don't want to be spoilt you should stop reading here :wink2: (if my report is not already too long anyway :doh:)

Over My Shoulder being the first live song I would hear after this Mika drought is a hint of the magical night that was ahead of us.  Each time I have had the chance to hear OMS live, it's always been a song that I completely savour from start to finish.  I loved this version with the special guest.

Toy Boy works perfectly in this kind of events, it was lovely to hear it again.  I don't listen to it that much as the album version but for me it remains a masterpiece in Mika's repertoire.  Ice Cream was a total surprise!  I've always liked the song, not my fav but always enjoyed it, but this concert brought it to a whole new level.  I can't listen to it the same way as before anymore.  Not everyone agreed with me but one of the many highlights of the night for me.  I don't remember much Grace Kelly but it was certainly as good as always.  Without Her, the cover of Harry Nilsson's song, was such a treat with the famous cellist Gauthier Capuçon as a guest.  Suspended moment.  

The sequence Last Party/Origin/Underwater kind of overwhelmed me with beauty and emotions.  I love when there is a choir alongside Mika and that Gospel choir was very impressive, it was such a great added value.  

Lollipop is one of the songs that I generally enjoy less at gigs (although I liked the Revelation Tour version) but once more on this special night Mika managed to make it something totally new to me, visually and musically, very enjoyable.

Good Guys... so happy to hear this one again.  Hadn't heard it since the Florence symphonic shows, I had missed it a lot.  Beautiful rendition.

EMD was energetic and fun, Mika was playful, engaging the audience, it was hard not to move from our seats.

Les Baisers Perdus.. I wouldn't ever have thought I would hear this song once more after Bercy 2016.  It was a new version with a guitarist, I remember looking at the ceiling of the venue as Mika's voice echoed, it was magnificent.

Then a total surprise for me, the lights turned green and suddenly Mika pronounced the first word of the next song: 'Tomorroooow'.. I couldn't believe it, Tomorrow was one of the big highlights of the Revelation Tour for my friends and I, my heart was full of joy to listen to it again in this way.  Mika totally nailed it, very impressive.

Love Today was also another highlight.  I always love the song live, I'm used to jumping and singing very loud on that one :teehee: but this time we were sitting quietly and Mika managed to make it something new after 14 years, he is so incredible.  He was also very energetic but it was all so very well controlled, I can't explain.  Can't wait to hear it again.

Then Relax and again it was a lovely version.  He asked us to sing 'eaaasy' at the end and of course in this kind of setting everyone is a little bit shy compared to the usual gigs. But he said 'I'm sure people who would have liked being here would want you all to be much louder' or something along the way and I sang as loud as I can (sorry dear neighbours)

As an encore Mika sang Happy Ending with Ida, that I haven't mentioned before but of course I was sooo happy to see her here as well as Max, their voices melt so well with Mika's voice, I always love hearing them.  Mika seemed so happy particularly during this song, his complicity with Ida, the choir and the audience was so nice to see.

Then it was over but... no, he apologised and said he had to sing the first song once again, due to technical issues earlier.  Don't you apologise about having to sing OMS once more and make the pleasure last...  It was even better the 2nd time than the first.

Then this time it was really over and while we were preparing to leave, taking some photos and stuff, Mika came to the edge of the stage to greet us, we thanked and congratulated him and he said something along the lines of 'it's a pleasure to meet with you again'.  So lovely :blush:

I still can't believe all of this actually happened, it all happened so fast, I was not emotionally prepared :lmfao:  I wouldn't have dared to dream that this would be how I would see Mika again after so long, in 2020, magical venue, unique event, with friends around me.   Thank you so so so much to Mika, to @dcdeb and the MFC, as we all said in our tweets after the evening, you totally saved our year :wub2: MERCI :)

Thank you very much for your report.

I am soooo happy that some fans managed to be in Versailles for this event.

So special, so surprising, so... magical....

Thank you Mika and MFC for the invitations. I was not able to come from Poland but reading your reports and watching all the videos posted on Instagram I feel a little bit like being there with you :hug:

Is there any other artist preparing such a big xmas gift for his fans?

Now we have to wait till February.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, camille* said:

It's true that being a Mika fan can totally be a second career :lmfao:

So true! :lmfao:

Thanks for your report :flowers2:  I am happy for those who could attend this concert and very very happy that it was recorded! Imagine if we couldn't have the chance to see it ever, would have been really sad. Can't wait for February now :thumb_yello:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, camille* said:

Then Relax and again it was a lovely version.  He asked us to sing 'eaaasy' at the end and of course in this kind of setting everyone is a little bit shy compared to the usual gigs. But he said 'I'm sure people who would have liked being here would want you all to be much louder' or something along the way and I sang as loud as I can

That bit made me smile. Because it's funny, and I love it that he had a little thought for those of us who couldn't be there. :cloud:

2 hours ago, camille* said:

Mika came to the edge of the stage to greet us, we thanked and congratulated him and he said something along the lines of 'it's a pleasure to meet with you again'.  So lovely

And that also is just too sweet, aww! :wub2:

• Like 4

Thank you so much Florine and Camille for your reports! They made my heart happy! :mikalove:

I promise you, I had no idea it was a full concert that you were going to -- I had no clue until that day! But what an amazing experience for you all! I am so happy that Mika wanted to include MFC in this special evening, and I  can't wait to see the entire concert in February!

• Like 9

TV Magazine - 26 Décembre 2020

page 16

LA GRANDE SOIRÉE DU 31 À VERSAILLES

Jeudi 31 décembre

FRANCE 2 / 21h 05

:france:

Pour clore cette année 2020 si particulière, France 2 offre aux téléspectateurs un réveillon de la Saint-Sylvestre au château de Versailles. Cette soirée populaire et festive est animée par Stéphane Bern, qui sera entouré de nombreux artistes, chanteurs, musiciens et d’humoristes. Tout au long de l’émission, l’animateur rendra hommage aux héros du quotidien qui se sont mobilisés ces derniers mois pour venir en aide aux Français depuis le début de la crise sanitaire. Des séquences musicales, artistiques et humoristiques viendront rythmer la soirée, avec notamment Hugues Aufray, Florent Pagny, Amel Bent, Patrick Bruel, Emmanuel Moire, Laurent Voulzy, Olivia Ruiz ou encore l’Orchestre de l’Opéra royal. Les troupes du Moulin Rouge et du Paradis Latin ainsi que des cirques Gruss et Bouglione enchanteront cette soirée avec des performances visuelles dans la galerie des Glaces et l’Opéra royal. Et, pour accueillir le passage à la nouvelle année, un feu d’artifice sera tiré du château et retransmis dans plusieurs pays européens.

:uk:

To close this special year 2020, France 2 is offering viewers a New Year's Eve at the Palace of Versailles. This popular and festive evening is hosted by Stéphane Bern, who will be surrounded by many artists, singers, musicians and comedians. Throughout the show, the host will pay tribute to the everyday heroes who have mobilized in recent months to help the French since the start of the health crisis. Musical, artistic and humorous sequences will punctuate the evening, notably with Hugues Aufray, Florent Pagny, Amel Bent, Patrick Bruel, Emmanuel Moire, Laurent Voulzy, Olivia Ruiz and the Orchester de l'Opéra royal. The Moulin Rouge and Paradis Latin troupes as well as the Gruss and Bouglione circuses will enchant this evening with visual performances in the Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Opera. And, to welcome the transition to the new year, fireworks will be launched from the castle and broadcast in several European countries.

318713781_TV_Magazine-26_122020_1617_q50.thumb.jpg.20f594afe07905b6df22c0ec5c423477.jpg

TV_Magazine-26_122020_p16-min.thumb.jpg.2e519d81221722479a8b4fd09c364322.jpgTV_Magazine-26_122020_p17-min.thumb.jpg.d10e3f81df4d5d6d8f0c093dd2235e8e.jpg

page 44

JEUDI 31 DÉCEMBRE

• FRANCE 2

LA GRANDE SOIRÉE DU 31 À VERSAILLES

Divertissement.

• Présentation : Stéphane Bern.
  • En direct. 3h20.

▶Le Château de Versailles a décidé d’ouvrir ses portes pour une soirée de réveillon populaire et festive, animée par Stéphane Bern accompagné de nombreux artistes, chanteurs, musiciens, humoristes, acrobates, jongleurs. Cette soirée événement permettra de célébrer l’espoir, l’art et la culture. Une quarantaine d’artistes ont répondu présents : Amir, Hugues Aufray, Chimène Badi, Bénabar, Amel Bent, Boulevard des Airs, Dany Brillant, Patrick Bruel, ou encore Claudio Capéo.

Lire p.16

1281942872_TV_Magazine-26_122020_p44(2).thumb.jpg.75de180c7ded834ad2c66d28db969f29.jpg

TV_Magazine-26_122020_p44-min.thumb.jpg.d8bb594464737a23910de87d01536a03.jpg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

Accordingly to the TV 5 monde site they will broadcast the show too. I tried the live button and it seems to work, at least here in Italy. :pray:

Screenshot_20201228-192326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201228-192424_Chrome.jpg

That's true, I saw that, too. :thumb_yello:

can't wait. :wub2: I'm very happy that they seem to broadcast it because I have access to TV5monde on my TV. :clap:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lormare73 said:

According to the TV 5 monde site they will broadcast the show too. I tried the live button and it seems to work, at least here in Italy. :pray:

Screenshot_20201228-192326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201228-192424_Chrome.jpg

TV5Monde

In Maghreb-Orient

https://maghreb-orient.tv5monde.com/en/tv-guide/entertainment/la-grande-soiree-du-31-a-versailles-31-12-2020-398147

LA GRANDE SOIREE DU 31 A VERSAILLES-31/12/2020

• Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 21:05
  • Duration 3 hr 15 min

To conclude this unprecedented year, a popular and festive New Year's Eve celebration at the Château de Versailles, a Unesco world heritage site and one of the monuments most appreciated by the French. For the evening, Stéphane Bern will be accompanied by numerous artists, singers, musicians, humorists, acrobats, jugglers...

Guests: Amir, Hugues Aufray, Chimène Badi, Bénabar, Amel Bent, Boulevard des Airs, Dany Brillant, Patrick Bruel, Claudio Capéo, Gautier Capuçon, Collectif Métissé, Dadju, Dave, Imen Es, Faudel, Patrick Fiori, Gims, Kendji Girac, Bilal Hassani, Hatik, Camélia Jordana, Khaled, Les Frangines, Ibrahim Maalouf, Mika, Emmanuel Moire, Pascal Obispo, l'orchestre de l'Opéra royal, Florent Pagny, Catherine Ringer, Olivia Ruiz, Slimane, Keen V, Valentina, Vianney, Vitaa, Laurent Voulzy, Julie Zenatti, the dancers of the Moulin-Rouge and the Paradis Latin, the Bouglione and Gruss winter circuses...

Presented by: Stéphane Bern.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

I guess it works only in France...:shun:

That's what I was afraid of. I'm not sure anyone will be able to see it outside of France, even on the website. Unless you can use a VPN to trick them into believing you're in France :dunno:

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

That's what I was afraid of. I'm not sure anyone will be able to see it outside of France, even on the website. Unless you can use a VPN to trick them into believing you're in France :dunno:

This streaming France 2 LIVE works fine for me. ( I'm in Japan )

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-1168

Watch-France2.thumb.jpg.7cd6c9cebbd41cc8ff10392a0f9abe56.jpg

• Like 6