2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

22 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just help yourself :hypo: :excite:

image.thumb.png.c041e46b1593f0a98684ec4bbe67fb23.png

This should be in the gasmic thread! *meekly raises hand* Can I just have one of everything please thank you? :drool:

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

And don't forget warm Nutella crepes on a chilly october day... :lustslow:

1c29a08cc8bb5f4e608c69324afe6d1f.jpg

Oh that looks gooood! 

So apart from the concerts, we're basically going to be eating all the time. :naughty:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And don't forget warm Nutella crepes on a chilly october day... :lustslow:

1c29a08cc8bb5f4e608c69324afe6d1f.jpg

Very good choice.

When I proposed to @dcdeb to rent a double decker for our October meeting I imagined that the bus goes around Paris (with Mika music inside of course)  and stops here and there to buy something to eat. One of the places could be a "creperie" in the street. Maybe not so well served but yummy as well. Buy a crepe, get on the bus and we continue our tour :lol:

• Like 3

That's actually my plan, to eat in the creperies, as it's usually the only affordable way for me to eat in France. :teehee: And they offer both salty and sweet crepes. I remember being in Strasbourg with a friend, we wanted to eat a Flammkuchen (sorry, I only know the German name for it) and the restaurants were all super expensive. Then we found a nice creperie, where we ordered both a Flammkuchen AND a sweet crepe as a dessert for half of the price of the Flammkuchen in a restaurant. And it was both really delicious. :biggrin2:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

That's actually my plan, to eat in the creperies, as it's usually the only affordable way for me to eat in France. :teehee: And they offer both salty and sweet crepes. I remember being in Strasbourg with a friend, we wanted to eat a Flammkuchen (sorry, I only know the German name for it) and the restaurants were all super expensive. Then we found a nice creperie, where we ordered both a Flammkuchen AND a sweet crepe as a dessert for half of the price of the Flammkuchen in a restaurant. And it was both really delicious. :biggrin2:

That's a good point actually. How expensive is Paris generally? 

• Like 2

Just now, Hero said:

I've never been in Paris but from my experiences from France (last time I've been there was two years ago in summer on the French Riviera, which is probably also a more expensive area), for example average restaurants were far more expensive than in countries like Italy, Spain or Germany. The cheapest options for lunch/dinner was a menu for at least 25-30 € and of course, these weren't by far the most expensive restaurants. So it depends on your budget, but I would expect it will be rather expensive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

It is usually more expensive because it is the capital...but it also depends on the part of Paris where you are. But you can grab lots of non expensive street food in some places too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I now, now I'm really late to join the what-I-am-wearing-in-October-party. :original:

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would like to spend in this forum and read comments and write all what I would like to. :crybaby:

However, here I am. :boing:

What if we do exactly the opposite of what we should do? Like Mika at the L'été Indien on 2014. They told him to wear jeans and t-shirt and he appeared in suite with tie. :lmfao:

So how about we appear all there with jeans and t-shirt? :biggrin2:

Mika L'été Indien.ts

*Ok, ok, I'm not serious. :floor:*

P.S. I've no idea why my video looks like that, but I think you can click on it.

Edited by Prisca
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

They told him to wear jeans and t-shirt and he appeared in suite with tie. :lmfao:

As the experts say, it's always better to be overdressed than underdressed so I wouldn't take the risk tbh... :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

As the experts say, it's always better to be overdressed than underdressed so I wouldn't take the risk tbh... :lmfao:

Yes, I agree. :yes:

:floor:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

I now, now I'm really late to join the what-I-am-wearing-in-October-party. :original:

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would like to spend in this forum and read comments and write all what I would like to. :crybaby:

However, here I am. :boing:

What if we do exactly the opposite of what we should do? Like Mika at the L'été Indien on 2014. They told him to wear jeans and t-shirt and he appeared in suite with tie. :lmfao:

Mika L'été Indien.ts 975.07 kB · 7 downloads

*Ok, ok, I'm not serious. :floor:*

P.S. I've no idea why my video looks like that, but I think you can click on it.

never ever, I don´t have much possibilities to wear my elegant cloths so I use every possibility to do so.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

never ever, I don´t have much possibilities to wear my elegant cloths so I use every possibility to do so.

True. Or, as Mika puts it, "we're sharing the same joy of putting clothes back on in front of other people." :roftl:

Btw I'm currently packing for a holiday starting tomorrow, and tho it's just for a farm holiday 2 hours from here, it feels really good to be doing that again. :wub2: I hope I don't forget anything important because I'm not used to packing anymore. 🙈

• Like 3

Ok, here are some ideas what I could wear in October. What do you think, is it ok for the concert? It seems like I'm the first one to show the clothes, while I'm wearing them, but I find it easier than describing them or searching for similar clothes on the internet and at the latest in October some of you will see me anyway. :original:

Here has been a discussion how bright it can be and this is of course a mather of taste. In my case, I LOVE bright colours (basically Mika's garderobe for the Indeed concert :biggrin2:), but often doesn't like to stand out too much, a never ending problem. :lmfao:

And here the opinion was also that you should feel good above all with what you wear. I totally agree with that. :yes: The only problem is that if I wear something that is not appropriate at all, I wouldn't feel comfortable when people stare at me and think how she dares to wear something like that for this event, even if I actually like the clothes. Although I don't think Mika fans are like that ...

And since there is no dress code for the location, they don't really have the right to do that, do they? :dunno_grin:

You can of course say whether you like the clothes or not, but what matters to me most is whether you think they are appropriate. :original:

grafik.thumb.png.0f6fb45472c15ea0a771a4c0d6f4ba1f.png

I really like this blouse. :yes: I have another pair of white trousers, maybe I'll wear them, I think they would be less tight.

grafik.thumb.png.daae2f0fd908041290a6fdfa13a59439.png

I think the black trousers suit me actually better than the white. That's actually a t-shirt. I like the colour, but I'm not so convinced, because it is not so elegant (and if I really wore it, I would iron it of course :blush:).

grafik.thumb.png.dc25eceff484445427f0403903cc0964.png

I'm not really a pink fan, but I think this top is not even that bad. Let's see if I change my mind again by October. :lmfao:

grafik.thumb.png.fdb9815c25285533b42aa36723d9706d.png

grafik.thumb.png.f198c177beda537367a6a62c462e9950.png

And here my shoes, since you can't see them that good in the other pictures. :original:

What I certainly don't want to wear is black trousers with a classic white shirt or a black shirt or top. I just had to wear that too often when I was playing in brass bands, I just don't want to wear that anymore, especially not at Mika's concerts. :original:

Of course I don't mind if someone wears it, but it's just not me. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3