2022 - Mika @ London Roundhouse, UK, 3 July

krysady

On 5/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, Prisca said:

Hi everyone :bye:,

It actually started as a joke of mine that I don't plan to give Mika a Camel as a present for his birthday. :lol3:

Then @TinyLove_CJ saw that camels could be adopted. :lmfao:

But since an adoption comes with merch and we'll be giving Mika a digital present for his birthday this year, that's not going to be possible.

That's why I had the idea that we could try and give Mika the merch that comes with the adoption in London as a gift without an occasion, as that's probably the place where most people of the MFC will be attending this year (of course, people who are not in London could also participate). :original:

There are several organisations/companies that offer adoptions for camels. I had thought of Chester Zoo in England, which offers a camel adoption for £45.

I realise that everyone has a limited budget and that a gift for Mika for his birthday and a donation to a charity in Mika's name is also planned. But if only 5 people participated in this, it would already be only £9 per person. :original:

What do you think? Bad or good idea? And who would be interested in participating? :original:

On 5/29/2022 at 11:17 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi Prisca. 

At the beginning I didn't like the idea of camel adoption - as I would prefer to make an adoption of an other animal.

But the idea is growing in me now and I think that if it's not a birthday gift but "just" a gift it sounds even funny.

I wonder what Mika will post during his travel to Morocco. It should be done before the London gig I suppose.

So if he mentions camel again this virtual adoption would be funny - well only for one year (or maybe for more?).

Mika hasn't posted any camels yet. Who would be up for adopting a camel? :camel2: If we want to do that, we would have to do it soon, because they have to send the package and it's not even four weeks until the London gig. :yay:

• Like 1

For anyone getting into London the day before the gig, make sure you plan your travel around London carefully beforehand. The London Pride parade starts at 12pm near Piccadilly and roads will be blocked for this event for some time! 

Tubes are likely to be very busy in the morning and taxis may take longer by taking diverted routes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

For anyone getting into London the day before the gig, make sure you plan your travel around London carefully beforehand. The London Pride parade starts at 12pm near Piccadilly and roads will be blocked for this event for some time! 

Tubes are likely to be very busy in the morning and taxis may take longer by taking diverted routes.

Ohh I think I'm arriving in 12\1 in London once I've checked in I might head over I've never been to a pride but always wanted to 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BeccaStardust said:

Ohh I think I'm arriving in 12\1 in London once I've checked in I might head over I've never been to a pride but always wanted to 

It's free to watch the parade from the side of the road and if the end barriers are down then you can walk with them too! 😄

I'm hoping there'll be pop-up pride stalls dotted around too! And maybe some performers in some if the London squares 🌈 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's free to watch the parade from the side of the road and if the end barriers are down then you can walk with them too! 😄

I'm hoping there'll be pop-up pride stalls dotted around too! And maybe some performers in some if the London squares 🌈 

I had a quick look at the websites there is the free to watch part and also several stalls and stuff there's a map on the website of where everything will be 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Super new here, so excited for this gig! Going solo none of my friends are MIKA fans! Hoping there’s some solo goers I can run into or groups i can get adopted by :)

Hi! Me and my friends would be more than happy to adopt you if you need someone to hang out with!🥰🥰 (one of my friends is also fairly new to this whole mika universe so you won't be alone!)

The MFC also have a meet up the night before if you are interested! (I think there's still a few spaces left - https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36215-2-july-2022-look-out-london-mfc-15th-anniversary-party/ ) which is always lovely to get to meet new people😊

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Beth said:

Super new here, so excited for this gig! Going solo none of my friends are MIKA fans! Hoping there’s some solo goers I can run into or groups i can get adopted by :)

Hi, I'm also going alone, though planning to queue beforehand and meet some other Mika fans in the queue. Maybe I'll see you there :original:

• Like 3

On 6/14/2022 at 11:13 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thanks for the info! I should arrive at Heathrow between 9 and 10 am, haven't checked yet how to best get to the hotel but maybe it's better I try to avoid the Piccadilly area til I left my stuff at the hotel, not pleasant in full trains. But I might go to watch the pride parade later, do you know how long it goes?

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks for the info! I should arrive at Heathrow between 9 and 10 am, haven't checked yet how to best get to the hotel but maybe it's better I try to avoid the Piccadilly area til I left my stuff at the hotel, not pleasant in full trains. But I might go to watch the pride parade later, do you know how long it goes?

I believe it's on till 5:30 I checked tickets out of curiosity and it says till 5:30 on them but there might still be things going on after 

Also there have been a lot of rail strikes recently and in the next few weeks I think it will be okay by then but just warning in case 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:31 AM, Emily2b said:

Hi! Me and my friends would be more than happy to adopt you if you need someone to hang out with!🥰🥰 (one of my friends is also fairly new to this whole mika universe so you won't be alone!)

The MFC also have a meet up the night before if you are interested! (I think there's still a few spaces left - https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36215-2-july-2022-look-out-london-mfc-15th-anniversary-party/ ) which is always lovely to get to meet new people😊

Everyone has been so nice here <3 I’ve managed to get a friend to come with me but would be a vibe to merge groups and vibe? :) I’ll check the party thing too! hopefully there’s a couple left!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mellody said:

Seriously?! :shocked: Glad I only have cabin luggage. 🙈

I have a checked baggage :nervous:... but I'll be landing at the Luton airport, I hope it's not that busy at Heathrow :pray:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SimonH said:

Hello :roll1:everyone 

I sell two tickets for the concert:) Please contact me if you want. 

Sincerely 

Simon

Hi!

You can also post it here: 

Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I wonder if I bring a sign to have a go at some songs I’ll be allowed

I doubt it - check the Roundhouse website to see what you are allowed to take to a gig.

5 minutes ago, silver said:

I doubt it - check the Roundhouse website to see what you are allowed to take to a gig.

Basically nothing to obstruct the view so probably just very front view and a piece of paper and hope for the best 

On 6/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, Beth said:

Everyone has been so nice here <3 I’ve managed to get a friend to come with me but would be a vibe to merge groups and vibe? :) I’ll check the party thing too! hopefully there’s a couple left!

that would be lovely!! :) I'm arriving on the Saturday and then pretty much going straight to the meet up so I will see you there!