Rock Oz'Arènes Festival, Avenches, Switzerland - Aug. 17, 2013 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've already said all this before, but it bears repeating:

Thank you all for making this gift a reality. From Christine's idea to all the financial contributors to those of you who worked so diligently on the card to those who made the actual presentation happen in person... from the bottom of MY heart, I thank you. The look on Mika's face and then his amazing "acceptance speech" made every second of the entire months-long process worthwhile. I am thrilled beyond belief with how it all turned out.

:group_hug:

It makes my heart glad to see his reaction to our gift. He gives so much to us through his music that to be able to give a small portion of that joy back to him feels incredible. I am proud to be his fan.

Yes exactly. And it's not just the music either. He's given us a lot of surprises and support through the years - both tangible and in priceless ways. It's nice to let him know that's appreciated.

Thank you Sui! :flowers2: you did an amazing job with the card design & putting up with our constant request/changes :naughty:

Yes Sui I am so sorry you and Karin were up until the wee hours night after night because of our schedules and timezones. :aah: I couldn't be more pleased with the result though. Exactly what I wanted. We owe you. :flowers2:

Thank you all for making this gift a reality. From Christine's idea to all the financial contributors to those of you who worked so diligently on the card to those who made the actual presentation happen in person... from the bottom of MY heart, I thank you. The look on Mika's face and then his amazing "acceptance speech" made every second of the entire months-long process worthwhile. I am thrilled beyond belief with how it all turned out.

And now we have ten years time to think about how we can top this great fantastic wonderful gift :wink2:. I think we need all the time because it´s so unique!!!!

Thank you again to all of us for making him so happy :group_hug:

And now we have ten years time to think about how we can top this great fantastic wonderful gift :wink2:. I think we need all the time because it´s so unique!!!!

Thank you again to all of us for making him so happy :group_hug:

i know! we can send him in space! :kachinga:

:thumb_yello: A huge thank you to everyone who worked hard, also to you Deb :flowers2: It was very special to be able to see his face and hear his speech.

It was amazing :wub2:

I loved the show, and he was so happy when he saw the surprises ! I took a video from this moment ( The quality is not really good :/ )

I didn't take pictures this time. At the end of the show there was an afterparty. There was a problem with the list and the security didn't want to let us go.. :aah: But luckily Mika's mother was here and all was ok. I loved his reaction when he saw the MFC present, i'm so happy to have contributed ! :D I gave him gifts and he loved the shoes ! I'm so happy :biggrin2:

Edited by vanessa-love-mika

I hope Lasher doesn't mind me posting her video first but I am so excited I want everyone to see!!

[YOUTUBE]ImNHSqHN91A[/YOUTUBE]

Omg he remembers me!! IM CRYING! Like out of nowhere :tears::wub2: HE SAID I WAS FUNNY i thought he didnt remembered my existence :blink:

Omg he remembers me!! IM CRYING! Like out of nowhere :tears::wub2: HE SAID I WAS FUNNY i thought he didnt remembered my existence :blink:

Very happy for you! Lucky girl :thumb_yello:

I forgot to say earlier that I'm also thrilled for Jieun, the Korean girl talking a lot and getting a hug. I met her in Paris in November where I helped her get on stage and we have met several other times since then, and we have become friends. As Mika said, she is amazing and crazy! I simply can't believe what happened to her yesterday! She's not much on MFC because she doesn't speak English very much but she is over the moon too :wub2:

I can't say enough how much I love you all guys :group_hug:

Thanks so much to all of you for making this happen and make Mika so happy on his 30th birthday :wub2::tears:

Thanks for sharing those wonderful reports and videos :huglove:

It was like being there almost :swoon:

Mika s reaction is so sweet and moving :tears::wub2:

Thank you my wonderful Mika family ; this is so awesome I can't get over that look on Mika's face :swoon:

Thank you , thank you , thank you :huglove:

I'm still somewhere on cloud nine and tired as hell. But I'm so happy about all the events of yesterday and especially of those taking place early today. Even though we panicked quite alot because the festival made a lot of last-minute changes and both the doors and the getting to the aftershow party were very chaotic it was a brilliant experience!

Mika's reaction was more than we could have hoped for. He's giving us so much, it's hard to believe he's even real :wub2:

What I contributed to his birthday was just a tiny little bit so I've got to join all those thank-yous, especially to our beloved mods for having and realising this perfect idea. You guys rock! But also to MFC in general. It's amazing what a group of people is able to do if they only want it and all help fulfill it. I'm truly touched by that! :wub2:

I uploaded some pictures of the gig. As I was fighting candles after the show I couldn't bother entertaining my camera as well. Here they are: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/Statue_of_Liberty/library/Mika%20Avenches%2017th%20August%202013

And I filmed around midnight at the gig. Please forgive the shaking, there were balloons and confetti, a party hat, a happy birthday in a foreign language and a fabulous Mika to look at as well :naughty:

(link will work in a few minutes).

Mika_Avenches_20_zps03bf341f.jpg

Mika_Avenches_71_zps3dfbb51e.jpg

Mika_Avenches_87_zps469a0714.jpg

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty

Now I'm crying like a little baby

I'm crying so much right now :aah:

I'm crying but I'm so happy

Oh damn you Mika, again I'm in tears!

I'm glad it's not just me. :blush-anim-cl: Seeing his reaction made me bawl like a baby. It's beautiful to see another human being so happpy. It seems he really felt the warmth of the fan community around him. :wub2:

Huge congrats to everyone who was involved...it's such a perfect gift.

This is the video Mika watched last night. Sorry if it took up too much time of others.. Those correspondents got so much pressure behind hundreds of other fans expectation...

It took months to make it, hundreds of ppl from several cities involved, and starred in this video. All of them are members of Mikaholix Korea.

[YOUTUBE]hf6DGv_YQsk[/YOUTUBE]

This is awesome! I love how you can see he paid close attention when watching it. :wub2:

And it's not just the music either. He's given us a lot of surprises and support through the years - both tangible and in priceless ways. It's nice to let him know that's appreciated.

Absolutely. :tears::wub2:

http://www.freiburger-nachrichten.ch/nachrichten-region/bittersuesser-kindergeburtstag-der-arena

Unfortunately, I have problems with my computer. therefore follow photos as soon it comes. saw the article in the Fribourger Nachrichten

Unfortunately full article only for paying.

Thank you all for the great report due unique photos and especially for the movies. Special thanks to karin, she has worked very hard for all of us and it all works. Thank you Saskia for the great cake.

Thanks to Christine & Deb for the ideas and all your work and patience.

isa & eva, thanks for the balloons and Hairpieces. and the other party article. was very great!

Thank you to all who have contributed with support for their presence, the gifts and ideas. We all together business, Mika is happy, and that will enjoy an unforgettable stay.

Mille Grazie to Angela, Louisa, Grazia & Valeria

Thanks everybody for the CRs, pics and videos! :thumb_yello:

The gig was incredible and the M&G so nice!

I would like to thank everybody involve in the organization of the gifts and the M&G (Specially Deb and the team of moderators! )

here are my pics:

443443Av1.jpg

519312Av2.jpg

563958Av3.jpg

498185Av4.jpg

870155Av5.jpg

120338Av6.jpg

and 2 little videos

cake on stage

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cd4eKffUknM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

final of the show

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QSl8GUtRrzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by mine

my concert report. Please excuse the error, only a little English

Mika Rock OZ Arenes Avenches

Tomorrow's my day started at 05:15. My night was short I was only about 2 hours in bed. First I had to have a coffee at all to be only growing. Then at 07:00 clock we went. We, Karin, Miri and Saskia, Luisa, Valeria, Grazia, Angela and I were on our way to Avenches. Shortly before 08:00 clock we were arrived at Avenches. There were already 14 fans. So I was given the number 15 We walked around the arena and made us think about the intake on the steep stairs. Now the long wait began. But since sooooo many great people were there, the time passed very quickly. Was so nice to see them again Nina, Daniela, Isa, Nathalie and all others. (Sorry, I've forgotten many names again.) At 16:00 the doors opened. Shortly before, there was great chaos because it would not work out with the queue in rows. All in all, we went well with the inlet. Thank you Angela, Daniela, Saskia, Miri and Karin I also had a place in the front row. Now it was down murderously hot in the arena. The sun was in full force and through the arena pressed the extreme heat down. It felt like at least 50 C. It was really a moment where I thought, now I'm going to faint, I was so hot, thirst, heat. My legs have already started to tingle. My life in trouble was the world best security man standing in front of the stage he was at this very moment with a garden hose and squirt water into the people. In general, the security standing in front of the stage was the best of times. Several times they have come out with a hose, drinking water and ice have spread, have tried to help with the problem Flayer, took photos of us when we asked them. Thanks to this security group. I have been to in concert. But we have never been so well looked after!

At 18:00 started the first band. Caravan Palace. They make music in the direction of electro swing. Was great through out, sometimes had something to langfädige passages. Great that finally something Happened on the stage and the time goes faster. The group was good, and brought good mood in the arena.

Started at 21:00 Sexion D 'Assout. A hip hop band. Not really to my taste but some songs were great. Also one of the singers really has a special and great voice. You give people a heated again right. The problem here was rather their young and very unfriendly fans.

Shortly after 23:00 clock, it came down to it and Mika came on stage. :wub2:From then on there was no holding back more anyway. Mika shone on the stage. What happened during the show you can see a thousand times better than youtube videos than I can ever put it into words here. And the delivery of gifts are so much better to see than to describe. Only as much as Karin said, here then you hand him the gift of my heart threatened to explode. I have to be several weeks before considering what I say and practiced and practiced and when Mika then stood before me, I managed barely a word. I thank Karin, you helped me there. Was very nice. Incredible! I hope one day I'll take a better word, a sentence out when Mika then stands before me. After passing the gifts, I went out of the tent and was with the Miri talked about the events. As Tim walked past us and I took the opportunity to me to get an autograph. Tim was very nice, but seemed a little stressed out, then went on quickly. Since Joy came out and has Miri recognizes and immediately went on to Miri. They then welcomed me very warmly, then by Joy I got an autograph. Still later, Max and Tim were back out fans with us and this time also not so stressed. Then you could be with us taking pictures. Daniela and I were standing there hiss Tim and Max Max said this feels like a sandwich and Tim said, more of Fanwich :thumb_yello: The band was so extremely nice and patient. Many autograph and photo requests met and talked with many of us. Thanks a million for it. Extremely beautiful everything was. I am completely overwhelmed by all the events of recent days. I want to thank you all sincerely that I had the privilege Mika to pass the MFC gift. :wub2::group_hug: Unending thanks! It is indescribably good to be part of the MFC. Thank you all!! Thank you to all my guests Saskia, Karin, Joseph, Miri, Louisa, Valeria, Grazia, Angela & Daniela. Thank you for the loving gifts. Please excuse if I was a bit stressed, was an intense week and I had too little sleep for days. I hope you forgive me if I have some time answered gezickt. Was never meant evil.

I´m still not back in real life so why not to write a report? :thumb_yello:

I started my way to Daeni´s place on Friday after work and arrived 3 hours later. Karin, her hubby and Saskia were there already. We had some work out at the trampoline before Angela, Grazia, Valeria and Luisa arrived. Before we went to bed everybody worked on their cards/gifts for Mika. On Saturday we started our trip to Avenches around 7am and arrived shortly before 8am. Queue was about 14 people already. The area was very fan-friendly, which means a café, restaurant, supermarket and toilets were very close :thumb_yello: We checked out the area and Daeni found a parking spot directly at the backstage entrance where we had the presents. They opened the area at 4pm. It was quite a mess for me cause I had a 2-days ticket for Thursday and Saturday (couldn´t get days off for Thursday and Friday :sneaky2:). I asked at the ticket office before if I need any wristband or something and they said: “No you´ll fine with the ticket!”. Yeah obviously not. Never trust “I-do-this-****ing-job-only-because-of-the-money-so-what-the-****-do-you-want-from-me”-people behind the ticket office desk. OF COURSE I needed a wristband and a friendly guy from the security went to this office with me again and I got my wristband. Thankfully he was german and I told him about the chaos in the morning and that I couldn´t get days off at work and that it was the reason I´m only here today. He gave me his email address and said I´ll get half of the ticket price back. Isn´t that kind? After a really short “Awww”-moment it rapidly went to a “WTF-I-will-end-up-somewhere-in-the-back-without-my-mika-friends-FUUUUCK”-mood and was close to cry and then I decided to run! Thanks to Karin, Saskia and Daeni who saved a spot for me in the front row! Was so happy! It was sooo hot, I felt like I ended in hell. The first band of the evening was quite good. They mixed electronic music with kind of jazz music. The second band or whatever they call themselves really wasn´t my taste in music as I prefer techno or dance. It was french (I don´t speak french) Hip Hop. I asked myself in a 2-minutes-rhythm “WHY?!” Yesterday I found out that they are homophob and that they had very very bad lyrics in their songs about gay people. Years ago they said something like: “We´re 100% homophob!”. Everytime I think about it I get so angry about the festival management. How could they only think about getting both acts on stage on the same day?! Anyway….Mika was about to come on stage. Maybe it was just me, but when he entered I immediately saw that he was in a very good mood! Never seen him this powerful in quite a while. He loved it from the very first moment. In my opinion we had too much things planned. Needed so much time for everything like balloons, confetti, party hat, taking pics, dancing….I´m not that multi-tasking. I just wanted to enjoy the gig itself. I tried my best anyway :wink2:

After the show we got wristbands for the aftershow party. We managed to get the gifts out of the car and backstage. Saskia and I prepared the self-made cake with 30 candles. Then someone said “He´s coming!” I only answered: “No.” Yeah and there he was throwing confetti all over us. That didn´t calm me down as we still needed to light all this candles. I learnt from Colmar that it´s good to have more lighters with you…just in case. Bla blab la, it didn´t work the way I planned it. So that was my silly sentence “Gleiche Scheiße wie in Colmar!” LOL which means “same **** like in Colmar”….brilliant. I should learn to shut my mouth when I see like a thousand cameras lenses. He thought the same when he heard “scheiße” LOL cause he looked a bit weird. The moment when he received the gift was soooo special. His reaction was priceless. I don’t lie when I say that I will never ever forget this moment for the rest of my life. In this moment I was so grateful for everything he gives us with his music and his awesome and kind personality. And I looked at the smiling MFC and thought “Thanks to this tall guy next to me I know all you crazy and lovely people!” I was smiling all the time and forgot that I was crying during WAG-confetti-rain cause it was so emotional and I didn´t want it to end. The last year was incredible!! I also had the chance to give my little silly gift and he laughed…so I guess he likes them. Not comparable to the ROH seat of course haha!

Anyway…I ended up with a bottle of champagne in my hand cause there weren´t any glasses left. I sat on the pool with champagne and a cigarette. I was happy LOL Craig was testing “my” champagne when he passed Nina, Saskia and me and was like “Ok, it´s good. Go for it!”. I had the chance to talk to Joy. She´s so lovely. Will miss her and the rest of the band! I really hope it wasn´t their last show with Mika! I also got the opportunity to thank Tim for all those amazing shows. He replied: “Well that´s our job, we should thank you!” and bowed. Awww it was an amazing experience and I´m really glad I had the chance to be in Avenches for Mika´s 30th birthday! After I came back home yesterday I slept the whole day..and guess what? I´m still tired :aah:

Thank you Deb, Christine and Karin :huglove: (and anyone else I forgot) and thanks to all of you lovely people who made it such a great night! And Daeni :huglove:, Thank you for everything, couldn´t have done this gig without you!

Edited by MFC_Hasi