Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

Ahem - #4 USA . . .

'MOST VIRAL'

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57562737/death-cab-for-cutie-ushers-in-2013-with-spotifys-most-viral-song/

The following list represents the most viral tracks on Spotify, based on the number of people who shared it divided by the number who listened to it, from Monday, Dec. 31, to Sunday, Jan. 6, via Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Spotify.

UNITED STATES

1. Death Cab for Cutie, "The New Year" (Barsuk Records)

2. The Neighbourhood, "Sweater Weather" (the ®evolve group)

3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop" (Macklemore)

4700352_lg.jpg

4. MIKA, "Popular Song"

(Casablanca Music, LLC)

#soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/ariana_grande_love/mika-popular-song-feat-ariana?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=http://

5. Tamar Braxton, "Love and War" (Streamline Records)

6. CHVRCHES, "The Mother We Share" (Create Control)

7. Various Artists, "I Dreamed a Dream" (Cameron Mackintosh Ltd)

8. Christina Aguilera, "Just a Fool" (RCA Records)

9. Alicia Keys, "Brand New Me" (RCA Records)

10. In This Moment, "Blood" (Century Media Records)

Wonderful news Alice! Now Mika just needs to get his ass over the pond and capitalize on the song's success in the USA.

OMG I'm so happy !!! :wub2:

Popular is in the new songs on our most popular radio station here! (the 6th in the list)

http://www.ckoi.com/musique-nouveautes.php

Wierd thing : when you hear the demo, it's with Priscilla. :aah: I look at the songs they play and Popular didn't play yet but I guess we will hear it soon, it's just a matter of time. :naughty: I'm curious to know if they'll play the one with Ariana or with Priscilla. :teehee:

OMG I'm so happy !!! :wub2:

Popular is in the new songs on our most popular radio station here! (the 6th in the list)

http://www.ckoi.com/musique-nouveautes.php

Wierd thing : when you hear the demo, it's with Priscilla. :aah: I look at the songs they play and Popular didn't play yet but I guess we will hear it soon, it's just a matter of time. :naughty: I'm curious to know if they'll play the one with Ariana or with Priscilla. :teehee:

They were mixed up first but I heard the version with Ariana yesterday:thumb_yello:

Seems it's getting some airplay, 3 times in 24 hours:wink2:

Popular song is officially released in Korea yesterday. And the chart is going better than expected :shocked: It's apparently doing better than Celebrate. Considering Ariana that girl is very unknown someone in Korea, it's doing good just because of the name of Mika and the song itself. It has debut as 7th place, and currently 2nd place on Naver music pop chart (Kpop exclude). And on some other chart it's going 6th around on chart overall !! Celebrate's top position was just 11th.

Still think this song is too light than the message it has, and I loved the album ver, but gotta admit that this sounds taste more delicious. :naughty:

Edited by Yuna

Popular song is officially released in Korea yesterday. And the chart is going better than expected :shocked: It's apparently doing better than Celebrate. Considering Ariana that girl is very unknown someone in Korea, it's doing good just because of the name of Mika and the song itself. It has debut as 7th place, and currently 2nd place on Naver music pop chart (Kpop exclude). And on some other chart it's going 6th around on chart overall !! Celebrate's top position was just 11th.

Still think this song is too light than the message it has, and I loved the album ver, but gotta admit that this sounds taste more delicious. :naughty:

Thank you for letting us know this, I´m always happy to hear good news.

it's doing better than Underwater too. hmm.....the chart is going similar as Elle Me Dit did in Korea... :teehee:

I'm glad 'Popular Song' is a hit in Korea. :thumb_yello: well done! The girl is as unknown in France as she is in your country. If the song becomes a hit over here, it will be thanks to Mika too :wink2:.

As for "Elle me dit", I didn't know it had been high in the charts in your country. That's great!

I'm glad 'Popular Song' is a hit in Korea. :thumb_yello: well done! The girl is as unknown in France as she is in your country. If the song becomes a hit over here, it will be thanks to Mika too :wink2:.

As for "Elle me dit", I didn't know it had been high in the charts in your country. That's great!

Yeah Elle Me Dit did great.The song was in top 3 on chart for a long time.. I think no french speaking song did better than that in Korea so far :wub2: Yeah.. if the song is good, language is not that matter... :naughty:

Popular song was No.2 yesterday, and finally No 1 Today!! :boing::boing: on international (Kpop exclude) chart. That's What I expected for 1st single of TOOL and popular song is doing that.... not Celebrate or Underwater...

Edited by Yuna

Yeah Elle Me Dit did great.The song was in top 3 on chart for a long time.. I think no french speaking song did better than that in Korea so far :wub2: Yeah.. if the song is good, language is not that matter... :naughty:

Popular song was No.2 yesterday, and finally No 1 Today!! :boing::boing: on international (Kpop exclude) chart. That's What I expected for 1st single of TOOL and popular song is doing that.... not Celebrate or Underwater...

:huglove: thanks for sharing! :dance_man: great news!!!

That's wonderful :excite:

just found that the song is on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_Song_%28Mika_song%29

the sources links don't make sense though, 2 of them lead to mentions of celebrate... also the author states that it isn't clear whether the song will be released as a single anywhere else than in the US - not very up to date, they should start reading mfc! :fisch::teehee:

and the author compares the song with grace kelly, saying:

"However, for the track's release as a single, Mika decided to completely change the arrangement, and create something similar to his hit single Grace Kelly."

:blink: i don't really see much similarity there, but whatever. :aah:

more interesting though, looks like the song was featured on that tv show with ariana, "victorious". so that at least is a tiny bit of promo. :rolls_eyes:

btw, just saw that something about ariana is trending on twitter - was just in the worldwide trends, still is in the US. apparently she started a twitter contest, giving away a bunch of signed phone cases, and you can nominate others to win with the hashtag #ArianaRilakkumaContest ... i just used the hashtag to remind ariana's fans that they should buy popular song. :teehee:

Edited by mellody

just found that the song is on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_Song_%28Mika_song%29

the sources links don't make sense though, 2 of them lead to mentions of celebrate... also the author states that it isn't clear whether the song will be released as a single anywhere else than in the US - not very up to date, they should start reading mfc! :fisch::teehee:

and the author compares the song with grace kelly, saying:

"However, for the track's release as a single, Mika decided to completely change the arrangement, and create something similar to his hit single Grace Kelly."

:blink: i don't really see much similarity there, but whatever. :aah:

more interesting though, looks like the song was featured on that tv show with ariana, "victorious". so that at least is a tiny bit of promo. :rolls_eyes:

btw, just saw that something about ariana is trending on twitter - was just in the worldwide trends, still is in the US. apparently she started a twitter contest, giving away a bunch of signed phone cases, and you can nominate others to win with the hashtag #ArianaRilakkumaContest ... i just used the hashtag to remind ariana's fans that they should buy popular song. :teehee:

Well done Mellody. It really annoys me that we, the fans, are always thinking of ways to get Mika news, out there, and reminding people about him and his music. While his professional promotion people sit on their backsides, getting paid for doing stuff-all for Mika's career.

Well done Mellody. It really annoys me that we, the fans, are always thinking of ways to get Mika news, out there, and reminding people about him and his music. While his professional promotion people sit on their backsides, getting paid for doing stuff-all for Mika's career.

at least they're updating his facebook site regularly, and keep working on his official website. that's more than they've done in the past. :teehee: i just hope mika will start tweeting again soon, to fulfil his part for staying in people's minds. :fisch:

that ariana hashtag is #1 of the worldwide trends... i'm thinking, maybe we could try to use that for promoting mika? those 10 fans who get nominated most on twitter in a 24-hour-period will win the signed phone cases by ariana - so all her fans want nominations... we could offer to nominate everyone who tweets a mika hashtag - for example #Mika or #MikaPopularSong :fisch:

at least they're updating his facebook site regularly, and keep working on his official website. that's more than they've done in the past. :teehee: i just hope mika will start tweeting again soon, to fulfil his part for staying in people's minds. :fisch:

that ariana hashtag is #1 of the worldwide trends... i'm thinking, maybe we could try to use that for promoting mika? those 10 fans who get nominated most on twitter in a 24-hour-period will win the signed phone cases by ariana - so all her fans want nominations... we could offer to nominate everyone who tweets a mika hashtag - for example #Mika or #MikaPopularSong :fisch:

I'll nominate you for being on Mika's team, that's for sure :wink2:

Sounds like a plan :naughty:

I'll nominate you for being on Mika's team, that's for sure :wink2:

can we make that a twitter trend too please? "I nominate #MFCersForTeamMika" :naughty:

Sounds like a plan :naughty:

ok was worth a try... a few ariana fans took part, but i'm glad it wasn't more - my idea might've been good, but it turned out to be a lot of work to search for who tweeted the hashtag and nominate them! :aah::teehee: anyway, a few ariana fans are following me now, so i can spam them with mika stuff from now on. :mf_rosetinted::naughty: