Tomorrow

mellody

You are raising interesting points! The production on the new songs is, in my opinion, a bit too crisp/polished/smooth and maybe even too modern. It really fits Sanremo in my opinion but it's less great on songs like Tiny Love. I do appreciate that he's sounding very fresh and new and I think it takes some getting used to in order to embrace the production. The bass and piano version of Ice Cream made me fall in love with the song more by the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Okay, it's definitely "stereo on" I hear that, and it's "leather seat catchin onto skin" according to lyric genius. 

2 hours ago, Alieke said:

I quess it’s “leather seat catching on my skin” I hope it’s good english 🙈

What is lyric genius? "Catchin' on to skin" makes sense -- if you've ever been stuck to a leather seat in a car on a hot day, you get it! LOL!

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Yes, that could be it, makes sense as well.

I think it's also "If you say you'll be there tomorrow" - because I can hear he sings something before "say". Some things are hard to understand, because he's singing another melody at the same time.

I'm still not sure about how much I like the song. I'm certainly not as excited about it as I am about Tiny Love and Dear Jealousy. I like some musical arrangements in the recorded version that I hadn't noticed in the live videos. Well, maybe when I see it live the song will click with me - but someone here compared it to Good Wife, and that for me also always was and still is a nice song, but nothing special. Maybe it's the same for me with Tomorrow.

Good Wife is one of my very favorite Mika songs ever! :eek:  

But I don't hear it in this song at all.

I will say, this isn't my favorite of the new songs, but I really like it a lot, and seeing it live was fabulous.

4 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

I agree with that lyric too! It Also makes more sense that way to me. 

I totally get this. I actually really liked it live and the way he introduced the song really hyped it up in my mind but reading the lyrics it sounds almost... Immature? Something about a 36 year old man singing about texting and emojis just rubs me the wrong way. But at the same time, it reminds me of being a teenager (not that long ago!) and being reckless because I wanted to be loved. I think it's a very relatable song (except for having a vintage Benz, can't relate) so that's the appeal. Maybe you'll change your mind, but you don't have to like every Mika song and that's okay. 

Well, I don't think the Mika of today is the protagonist of the song -- I think it's Mika as a teenager, or at least as a much younger person. 

And yes, it's totally OK to not love every single thing Mika says and does! LOL!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Well, I don't think the Mika of today is the protagonist of the song -- I think it's Mika as a teenager, or at least as a much younger person. 

Well... tbh I don't think he had a vintage Benz as a Teenager... :teehee:

25 minutes ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

When did Mika said there will be live album? 

At the 2nd NY gig.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

What is lyric genius? "Catchin' on to skin" makes sense -- if you've ever been stuck to a leather seat in a car on a hot day, you get it! LOL!

Good Wife is one of my very favorite Mika songs ever! :eek:  

But I don't hear it in this song at all.

I will say, this isn't my favorite of the new songs, but I really like it a lot, and seeing it live was fabulous.

And yes, it's totally OK to not love every single thing Mika says and does! LOL!

That is what Mika said about the song :

Tomorrow "revolves around the act of making a decision in a moment of hot passion and disturbing fear: throwing myself into a love affair that I already know is rash and dangerous, or doing nothing and playing it safe? In the end the decision is clear: who cares about tomorrow, I choose to live for love and not in command of fear. It's a song about the freedom of not being afraid of the consequences, of what others think. "

"it could be about a one-night hookup getting back together with someone that you've been with for a very long time but you swore you would never be with again. "

So, to me, it's absolutly about Andy turning back to him, their reconciliation after a split that ended a 5 years relation.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

"it could be about a one-night hookup getting back together with someone that you've been with for a very long time but you swore you would never be with again. "

So, to me, it's absolutly about Andy turning back to him, their reconciliation after a split that ended a 5 years relation.

Thanks for that quote - I had forgotten that he said "been with for a very long time". I had hoped the song was about Mika and Andy getting back together rather than about an affair - and I think this quote confirms it. :wub2:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, krysady said:

It's funny because this is exactly how I felt hearing the lyrics of Ice Cream, I can't even listen to it because of that :aah:  .... instead Tomorrow sounds so real and frank to me, he manage to catch perfectly that feeling that all of us know and lived, and his voice fits so well along with the lyrics :wub2:  But I also get it why it's not everyone's favorite, since we have different tastes and our reactions are biased, mostly on how a song touches us on a personal level ( I suppose :blush-anim-cl: )  I know this is my case with Good Wife and Tomorrow, and right now I can't stop listening to the last one.

I kind of feel that way about Ice Cream as well, its fun but definitely not strong lyrically. I agree about the realness that Tomorrow has, and like I said before about how its very relatable I think that's why its better song than I was expecting it to be when I really analyze it. It's definitely not the best Mika can do, so it's just a little disappointing I guess. 

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

9 hours ago, mellody said:

See, that's my point. Mika has to be talking about quite recent self here!

9 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

That is what Mika said about the song :

Tomorrow "revolves around the act of making a decision in a moment of hot passion and disturbing fear: throwing myself into a love affair that I already know is rash and dangerous, or doing nothing and playing it safe? In the end the decision is clear: who cares about tomorrow, I choose to live for love and not in command of fear. It's a song about the freedom of not being afraid of the consequences, of what others think. "

I assumed this when I heard it for the first time in Brooklyn, his description of the song was along the same lines but more scandalous and daring. I'm sure its in some videos people took and posted.

But, honestly Mika talking about the song gets me more excited than the song itself. Mentions about production I think I have to agree with, it seems a little lack-luster. 

• Like 2

I am completely obsessed by this song. I can listen to it all day long :fangurl:

There is something I can't explain, it's not verbal: the music, Mika's voice, lyrics... It makes me dreaming... :cloud:

So I made this video with Mika's Instagram stories. Now I can listen to the song and watch Mika :yay:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am completely obsessed by this song. I can listen to it all day long :fangurl:

There is something I can't explain, it's not verbal: the music, Mika's voice, lyrics... It makes me dreaming... :cloud:

So I made this video with Mika's Instagram stories. Now I can listen to the song and watch Mika :yay:

I agree, i love this song. I could listen to this all day. It’s giving me dreamy movies in my head

• Like 7

On 9/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, mellody said:

Writing the song he was probably lived his dreams :lmfao:

To me, I'm not disapointed at all with this song, I like it a looooot!
Although I can understand the  point of view of the others. I think, the main point whether you like this song or not is your own experiences or just what kind of moode brings you the melody of the song and not necesairly the lyrics.

• Like 4

I really, really love Tomorrow. I knew it since the beginning. 

I prefer the "live version", though. Probably because of the more natural vibe there is in the live, when the production is very different. But, in fact, I always prefer the live versions, so it's not really something new to me. 

But, anyway, Tomorrow is my favorite with Tiny Love. I could'nt explain why ( I absolutely can't find myself in the lyrics 😅) but the melody catch me and don't let me alone. I cant stop to listen it and enjoy it ! I think there's not objective reasons why a song speak to your heart. ❤ Tomorrow made it for me. 

Before I listened to it, I sincerely thought it was the song I was waiting the less, and it was because of the things he said about it : I absolutely could'nt find something to relate. But, in fact, it's currently one of my favorites... it made me the same thing with "love you when i'm drunk"... 

• Like 3

@mellodyTomorrow is a particular song... it's so dance and anti depressive song for me when i listen this song i watch a scene of lyrics   such as the song is a little film... also me cant stop to listen and sing  thank for open this page mellody a hug :yes:

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, cat_loves_mika said:

See, that's my point. Mika has to be talking about quite recent self here!

I really don't think the song is 100% actual autobiography, though. I think, as he does in many of his songs, he takes bits and pieces of things that happened to him or to people he knows and embellishes upon them or twists them to suit the purpose of the song or the point he's trying to make. 

In any case, as Mika has often said, even recently, everything is open to personal interpretation and that's the beauty of music -- it means something different to each person who listens to it, because we're all hearing it through our own filters, based on our own experiences and feelings.

The one thing I *do* know for sure is that I can't get this tune, or Dear Jealousy, or Tiny Love, or San Remo, out of my head. These songs are addictive! :fangurl:

• Like 8

I'm straight-up addicted to this song. Like, I need to hear it every few hours or else I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms. :wub2: Haven't felt quite this obsessed with one particular Mika song since How Much Do You Love Me.

Everything about it is just perfect to my ears, from the lyrics to the vaguely 80s instrumentation. :fangurl:

Fun fact: If the Wikipedia entry for the new album is accurate, this is the only song on the new album that Mika alone has a writing credit on, without any co-writers.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lollipop_monkey said:

Fun fact: If the Wikipedia entry for the new album is accurate, this is the only song on the new album that Mika alone has a writing credit on, without any co-writers.

Mika did mention a co-writer though, but I havent seen him credited anywhere lol. The featuring with Jack appears to be solely written too.

After some time I can say that I love Tomorrow :) I still think the production is weak side of the song. It's not Mikaish mostly because there's no piano in it as well as in other new songs except for Tiny Love. However Tomorrow is now my second favourite song after Tiny Love :wub2:

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, lollipop_monkey said:

Mika twitted about a co-writer: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lollipop_monkey said:

I'm straight-up addicted to this song. Like, I need to hear it every few hours or else I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms. :wub2: Haven't felt quite this obsessed with one particular Mika song since How Much Do You Love Me.

Everything about it is just perfect to my ears, from the lyrics to the vaguely 80s instrumentation. :fangurl:

Yesssssss! This song is 100% pure crack. It should be illegal. I need it, lots of it, repeated doses, loudly. I get irascible without it, but as soon as it starts I'm soothed. I would inject this sh*t straight into my veins if that was a thing.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Yesssssss! This song is 100% pure crack. It should be illegal. I need it, lots of it, repeated doses, loudly. I get irascible without it, but as soon as it starts I'm soothed. I would inject this sh*t straight into my veins if that was a thing.

Same for me :snog: you described exactly my feelings :huglove:

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Presci1108 said:

But, in fact, I always prefer the live versions, so it's not really something new to me. 

Exactly, this is why I didn't need to wait for the recorded version, I knew from the first moment that this is my favorite :thumb_yello:

On 9/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Presci1108 said:

it made me the same thing with "love you when i'm drunk"... 

Oh yeah, it happened to me the same with three Mika songs : Love You When I'm Drunk, Good Wife and now Tomorrow, all of them have some real and personal appeal. It's hard to explain, but he is very good at describing a common feeling in such a genuine manner, no matter if you can relate to it, or not :original:

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 6:20 AM, lollipop_monkey said:

Hi :huglove:

I am totally hooked too :wub2::cloud:

So happy to see you here :woot_jump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, krysady said:

It's funny because this is exactly how I felt hearing the lyrics of Ice Cream, I can't even listen to it because of that :aah:  .... instead Tomorrow sounds so real and frank to me, he manage to catch perfectly that feeling that all of us know and lived, and his voice fits so well along with the lyrics :wub2:  But I also get it why it's not everyone's favorite, since we have different tastes and our reactions are biased, mostly on how a song touches us on a personal level ( I suppose :blush-anim-cl: )  I know this is my case with Good Wife and Tomorrow, and right now I can't stop listening to the last one.

Same for me about Good Wife and Tomorrow an instant and very deep connection :wub2:

And I can't stop listening to Tomorrow either :cloud:

I made a Tomorrow playlist to make sure it starts again as soon as it stops :teehee:  :fangurl:

• Like 2