23-24 October 2021: Flowers/Gift for Mika

dcdeb

Sorry for the delay in starting this thread -- real life often gets in the way!

In any case, let's talk a bit about what we'd like to do regarding a gift or flowers for Mika for the Paris concerts next month.

As I said in the boat thread, we now have more than 100 MFC'ers committed to taking the Seine trip, which means we have a few hundred extra Euros.

My original thought was to use that money to buy flowers for Mika. With the extra we can buy a really huge bouquet, and maybe even a bottle of wine.

Unless someone has some other ideas?

Alternatively, I could use the extra money collected to purchase food for the boat trip, and take up a separate collection for the flowers.

Let's discuss here!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, carafon said:

Just because not everybody has paypal I think it's better to use the extra money for the gift instead of organizing a separate collect

For the sake of keeping it simple I agree, but I think there are also other MFCers who will not be on the boat and will want to take part in the gift for Mika.

However, for those wanting to take part in only the gift, would it also be 25 euros? If not, then to keep it simple it is easier to collect separately as follows:

1) survey/ask the people who will be on the boat, what they would like to do with the extra money: either food/drinks or a gift, for example a bouquet of flowers. 
Maybe if the funds are sufficient, both can be done?

2) a second gift can come from the MFCers who weren’t on the boat, for example a bottle of wine.

Some food for thought! 😉

• Like 3

I think there will be more money from people who did not pay yet and will come on the boat anyway.

I don't know if we really need food for a one hour trip. I can imagine we will generally talk to each other or sing Mika's songs or admire Paris. Well maybe some drinks if you want (I don't drink - especially on boats :wink2: - so I can live without it).

So it will be enough money for beautiful flowers - maybe for both concerts?

And those who will not come on the boat can give a few EUR  for a bottle (or two) of wine, champagne or whatever - as suggested Michelle @holdingyourdrink

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

I also would use the money for flowers and maybe a smaller bouquet also for Simon Leclerc

That's a great idea, Sabine.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

• Like 4

Also, multi-quote is not working right for me. Anyone else?

I wanted to reply to several of you in the last post, but now I have to do it separately. :annoyed:

To answer Michelle, no, if you're not going on the boat but want to chip in for the flowers, you could easily do that -- just a Euro or two would be plenty.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

That's a great idea, Sabine.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Also, multi-quote is not working right for me. Anyone else?

I wanted to reply to several of you in the last post, but now I have to do it separately. :annoyed:

To answer Michelle, no, if you're not going on the boat but want to chip in for the flowers, you could easily do that -- just a Euro or two would be plenty.

multi-quote working fine for me. Maybe your browser had an update that messed it up?

Hi there!

I unfortunately won't be able to join the team on the boat cruise (mid-term exams for the whole week after the concerts...). Just sent 2,5€ for Mika's gifts, hopefully it worked. :)

Have a nice day!

(D-26 before the 23th of october)

• Like 3

I think that the extra money can be used to buy a bouquet of flower it's a good idea! 

I agree with Michelle, maybe the MFCers that are not going to be on the boat can participate for the bottle of wine (or maybe food for him?). 

And the idea to buy a bouquet for the conductor is an amazing idea too! 

Don't know if I'm helping 😂

• Like 2

I wouldn't separate the gifts of those who are and aren't going on the boat. Those who aren't going can just send a few € extra and then we can all put it in the same pot and buy a huge flower bouquet for Mika, a smaller one for Simon Leclerc, and maybe a bottle of wine (I'd prefer bigger bouquets to that tho, look how happy he was about the flowers he got backstage at the Amex gig. :wub2:). :dunno_grin:

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

I wouldn't separate the gifts of those who are and aren't going on the boat. Those who aren't going can just send a few € extra and then we can all put it in the same pot and buy a huge flower bouquet for Mika, a smaller one for Simon Leclerc, and maybe a bottle of wine (I'd prefer bigger bouquets to that tho, look how happy he was about the flowers he got backstage at the Amex gig. :wub2:). :dunno_grin:

You’re right, a separation isn’t necessary. I was only suggesting it, because I wasn’t sure how much the difference would be between those on the boat and those only contributing to the gift.

Thinking about it, if you take it in the big scheme of all: depending on how many will be on the boat (the surplus of the 100 participants I mean), we will have anywhere between 1-4 euros extra per person to spend on the gift, is my guesstimate, but I could be totally off (sorry Deb if I am!). So that would be almost the same as the amount as the people who are not on the boat, but would like to contribute to the gift. 

One big pot, because we are one big MFC 😉 (I have to laugh out loud…. Remember what Mika called us? A cool bunch of “MF”, so we don’t even have to change the logo or name :lol3:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

great idea unfortunately I will not be there .. but I will be there with you as always with the mind and heart .. then tell me how it was, both the boat ride and the symphonic ..

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 1

I really love the ideas you all have here !

I don't know about the extra money (and honnestly I'm not good at maths so...:lmfao:) but I really agree about a huge huge bouquet of flowers! Mika was really happy about the one he had received at the AMEX gig as Karin said and we are sure this gift is gonna be liked by him.

And I also prefer a bigger bouquet of flowers than a bottle of wine. But it depends of everyone I guess. I'm okay with everything :)

For the boat trip, I really think you don't have to worry Deb because it's "just" an hour long and because we are more than 100 people, I don't think we will think about eating anything but we will be talking a LOT :lmfao:

Anyway, I would like to participate of course and I'm looking forward to read all your thoughts about the gift !

• Like 7

17 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You’re right, a separation isn’t necessary. I was only suggesting it, because I wasn’t sure how much the difference would be between those on the boat and those only contributing to the gift.

Thinking about it, if you take it in the big scheme of all: depending on how many will be on the boat (the surplus of the 100 participants I mean), we will have anywhere between 1-4 euros extra per person to spend on the gift, is my guesstimate, but I could be totally off (sorry Deb if I am!). So that would be almost the same as the amount as the people who are not on the boat, but would like to contribute to the gift. 

One big pot, because we are one big MFC 😉 (I have to laugh out loud…. Remember what Mika called us? A cool bunch of “MF”, so we don’t even have to change the logo or name :lol3:)

Hahahahaha yeeees a huge flower bouquet with  the inscription: from your devoted team of motherf*****s!!! 😄😄😄 I prefer the gift better than food otherwise we wont fit the dress for the concert 😉😅🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

A huge bouquet for Mika would be fitting. A smaller one for Simon Leclerc is a very good idea @Sabine64, we really shouldn’t forget about him, thank you for mentioning it!! 

Like mentioned before by others, I also think we hardly have time to have food or drinks, it’s only an hour! We will be chatting too much, or at least I know I will :wink2: we can still have drinks afterwards at the dock. If we board on side of the Eiffel Tower, it’s really nice there on the banks of the Seine. I had my morning run there and was thinking, we really should go for drinks here. Here some impressions: 

3CA8D1CA-8A62-4CC0-A13C-D43DB817CC65.jpeg

9762BAF9-03CA-4D1D-9D50-8F020FFC41CA.jpeg

• Like 7

Heaps of flowers and a bottle of red wine for :mikalove:

He deserves it so much :wub2:

Besides we'll be too busy using our mouths to talk, no way we'll eat or drink :naughty:

More than a hundred Mika fans on a boat :wub2: makes me so happy :cloud: :group_hug:

It will be so hard not to hug and kiss though.....

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Serendipity said:

Hahahahaha yeeees a huge flower bouquet with  the inscription: from your devoted team of motherf*****s!!! 😄😄😄 I prefer the gift better than food otherwise we wont fit the dress for the concert 😉😅🤣

Sounds like the perfect words :floor: :lmfao::lmao:

On second thoughts: "With love from your devoted and moustached team of motherf*****s"  if we do wear moustaches after the concert

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 1