Mika as a judge for "The Piano", Channel 4 UK, 2023

Kumazzz

So I had to watch the episode right away (thank you so much again for making it possible, @dcdeb 🌼) and I totally love it! All the contestants were so talented, their stories were so moving... not gonna lie, I cried several times. And I also like the chemistry between Mika and Lang Lang :hi5:

• Like 8

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

J'ai réussi à l'enregistrer et je l'ai mis en ligne sur YouTube -- il est bloqué dans certains pays, en particulier au Royaume-Uni, mais le reste d'entre vous devrait pouvoir le voir, j'espère.

Merci Deb !! :) :) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Did you notice at the end that his wife passed? 17th November, I think it said. Bittersweet ending.

It means it happened right after the recording of the finale in London :sad:  I've seen him playing the piano in the hall at the RFH before the recording, and then I found myself seating a few rows behind him during the show. And I noticed that every time a contestant was playing piano on stage, he was air playing along with his fingers, you could tell he's living every note.  It's nice that they dedicated this first episode to his wife.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

J'ai réussi à l'enregistrer et je l'ai mis en ligne sur YouTube -- il est bloqué dans certains pays, en particulier au Royaume-Uni, mais le reste d'entre vous devrait pouvoir le voir, j'espère.

viens de terminer la vision  :) c'est très émouvant et tellement magnifique !! chaque histoire nous émeut, ils sont tous très doués ! :) merci @mikainstagram pour le partage de toutes ces émotions !!

• Like 2

@dcdeb thank you so much 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I managed to record it, and I've uploaded it to YouTube -- it's blocked in some countries, particularly the UK, but the rest of you should be able to see it, I hope.

I get why it's blocked due to copyright from Channel 4 but you'd think this would also affect other countries, anyway I'm glad people outside the UK have been able to watch it.

(I can only see this video if I use a VPN 🙃)

Once the entire series has aired I should be able to get all episodes in good quality, no ads and clean opening/ending. I'll have a go at making a google drive for them!

Earlier when I said Fiona was my favourite, her original piece was definitely my favourite from that episode, but of course Harry stole my heart! So sad to see that his wife died, I've had a family member with dementia and Harry's story really touched me. It was moving and heartwarming.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I managed to record it, and I've uploaded it to YouTube -- it's blocked in some countries, particularly the UK, but the rest of you should be able to see it, I hope.

Thank you so much Deb, I can't wait to watch it !! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I should be able to get all episodes in good quality, no ads and clean opening/ending.

Emphasis on the "should" (it might take a while) and even if I get the episodes would I be allowed to post them directly here or would it be easier with a shared file or youtube?

or @dcdeb do you plan on recording them all, are you ok to continue doing that?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Emphasis on the "should" (it might take a while) and even if I get the episodes would I be allowed to post them directly here or would it be easier with a shared file or youtube?

or @dcdeb do you plan on recording them all, are you ok to continue doing that?

@TinyLove_CJ I was planning to try to record all of them, and I actually could make them available for download, as I will have them in the cloud -- I have Microsoft OneDrive, so I could just give the link. The thing is, they are going to be big fairly big files -- last night's show was 3GB! I'm not sure if I there's some setting I can change to record them at a lower file size. I was thinking I could download what I post to YouTube -- YouTube will reduce it to a much smaller size, I'm sure. But if you want to have a go, please, be my guest!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

My husband ran across this and sent it to me:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11757845/Claudia-Winkleman-Piano-leaves-people-tears-blind-girl-gives-beautiful-performance.html

‘She’s a miracle!’ Viewers break down in tears over ‘beautiful’ Chopin performance by blind girl, 13, at Birmingham train station

Viewers were left in tears after watching a blind 13-year-old girl flawlessly perform Chopin on the piano at a train station in Birmingham.

Budding pianist Lucy took to the keys on an episode of Channel 4's The Piano, a talent show hosted by Claudia Winkleman and judged by pop star Mika and concert pianist Lang Lang. 

The show involves pianists performing at Birmingham New Street and London St Pancras stations in front of crowds while the judges watch in a secret room, before selecting one pianist at the end of each episode to perform on stage.

A clip of Lucy's performance, which has not yet been broadcast in full, was posted on Twitter by the Channel 4 official account, leaving viewers incredibly moved.

Her mesmerising performance stuns the crowd at the station who watch on in awe, with people online saying they were 'tearful' after watching the clip.

At the beginning of the clip, Lucy is led to the piano by a man who helps her find her seat, while Winkleman speaks to a woman who appears to be Lucy's mother or guardian.

The woman reveals Lucy, who is neurodivergent, covers her ears when people applaud her.

The woman explains: 'She likes the applause, but she doesn't like the sound of the applause.

'So her fingers go in her ears for sensory reasons.'

When Winkleman asks if she needs to tell the crowd not to clap, the woman insists Lucy 'loves the applause'. 

67757613-11757845-image-a-9_167655546465

A clip of Channel 4 show The Piano has left people in tears after they were moved by the performance of 13-year-old Lucy, who is blind and neurodivergent (pictured playing at Birmingham New Street Station)

Lucy (pictured playing the piano at 5 years old) was a sensation as she performed at Birmingham New Street Station

Lucy (pictured playing the piano at 5 years old) was a sensation as she performed at Birmingham New Street Station

Dressed in a navy blue tulle dress with gold butterflies and a white cardigan, with her hair in bunches, Lucy prepares to play Chopin's Opus 9 Number 1. 

A crowd forms around the piano, with many people recording her on their phones. Meanwhile Mika and Lang Lang, who are watching the clip in a separate room, look visibly moved and watch the performance with open mouths.

At one point, Mika holds his hand up to his mouth and appears to fight back tears.

Lang says: 'It's unbelievable that she can play this piece. How - how does she study? I mean, it's incredible.'

As Lucy finishes the piece and the crowd applauds her, Lang can be heard saying: 'Oh my God. Oh my God this is - this is impossible.'

Lucy was guided to the piano at the start of her performance by a guardian who helped her on the keys

Lucy was guided to the piano at the start of her performance by a guardian who helped her on the keys 

People who had stopped to watch Lucy's performance at the station were visibly moved by her performance and stopped to record it on their phones

People who had stopped to watch Lucy's performance at the station were visibly moved by her performance and stopped to record it on their phones

While Lucy played the piano, judges popstar Mika (forefront) and concert pianist Lang Lang watched with open mouths

While Lucy played the piano, judges popstar Mika (forefront) and concert pianist Lang Lang watched with open mouths

He adds: 'I'm speechless, I don't know what to say.'

Mika, with tears in his eyes, laughs and replies: 'There's nothing to say.'

He added he was 'flummoxed' and left 'speechless' by Lucy's moving performance.

After the clip was posted on Twitter, users echoed the judges' sentiments.

'Wow! Made me teary eyed that. Amazing stuff,' one person said.

Another wrote: 'A magical and beautiful performance by Lucy. An inspiration to everyone watching and a reminder that being neurodiverse is a gift.'

Describing the clip as 'stunning', one viewer said: '[Lucy] looked so wrapped up in a cocoon of beautiful sound and her playing looked effortless.'

Other people wrote that the clip had given them a 'big smile' and was 'uplifting' to watch, while a piano teacher shared her experience of coaching a blind student.

She wrote: 'Blind musicians are incredible in how they learn and memorise music. I have been so blessed by my own, young blind student who has challenged me to look again at my teaching and more besides.

'Lucy featured here is very special.' 

Lucy's fingers glided over the keys with ease as she played the Frederic Chopin piece, which stunned the crowd

Lucy's fingers glided over the keys with ease as she played the Frederic Chopin piece, which stunned the crowd

67749047-11757845-image-a-24_16765418140
67749375-11757845-image-a-25_16765418177
67749365-11757845-image-a-27_16765418242
67749371-11757845-image-a-29_16765418294
67749367-11757845-image-a-31_16765418340
Viewers took to Twitter to praise Lucy's 'beautiful' performance after being left speechless at her skills

Viewers took to Twitter to praise Lucy's 'beautiful' performance after being left speechless at her skills

Although Lucy's episode of The Piano is yet to be broadcast, the opening episode which aired on Channel 4 at 9pm last night showcased talents from around the UK of all different ages.

The youngest performer was 11-year-old Ilya, who had began playing when his father gave him an old piano which had been sitting in his grandmother's loft.

The schoolboy opted to play Dance of the Knights by Soviet composer Sergei Prokofiev - recognised by many as the theme tune to BBC's The Apprentice.

Ilya's father Erol explained that his son had chosen to play a Prokofiev piece because he is half Ukrainian, as his mother comes from Kyiv.

'We used to go back there all the time,' Erol said.

While visiting Kyiv, Ilya first met his piano teacher, Misha. Appearing on a video call in the show, Misha explained his first few lessons with Ilya were in person in Kyiv, until the Russian invasion last spring, when things changed.

Now the pair continue their piano lessons over video chat, with Misha still based in Ukraine. 

'Their friendship is incredibly strong,' Erol said. 'It's just a shame that, the circumstances are now that Misha can't actually come over.'

At the end of Ilya's performance, he stood up and bowed to the applauding crowd but admitted he had 'no idea' how his performance had gone.

His proud father Erol, who had been watching from the sidelines, said: 'It was really good.' 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Il y a 16 heures, dcdeb a dit :

Mille fois merci Deb :arc:

J'ai adoré et grâce à toi j'ai pu voir l' :exciter::nuage:émission

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Viewers break down in tears over ‘beautiful’ Chopin performance by blind girl, 13, at Birmingham train station

Birmingham? :blink:

The episode 2 preview says it's from Leeds, and Lucy is shown briefly. And Mika's wearing the same jumper talking about her and about the other Leeds talents.

The Daily Fail strikes again? 

Edit: Yep, definitely Leeds. The Daily Fail not checking facts again. 

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 3

TV Times

18 Feb 2023

TV-Times-February-18-24-2023.jpg.a3d9ccc8c6a167b1d78d234fbd89608f.jpg

page 69

22 FEBRUARY WEDNESDAY

Leedsreveals itstalented ivory ticklers

• REALITY
  • 9PM,
  • C4

The world’s best pianist is hiding next to the toilets in Leeds Station.

But Lang Lang and pop star Mika, his fellow judge, are quite happy to be there. They’re being treated to a breathtaking range of performances on the site’s public piano.

The players think they’re giving Claudia Winkleman and lucky passers-by a display of their talent, little realising they’re secretly being selected for a concert at the Royal Festival Hall. In the running are: pubtrained Christopher, who plays Status Quo like he’s Little Richard; the show’s first duo, Angelica and Luca, redefining Abba; and 13-year-old Lucy, whose Chopin leaves the judging pair openmouthed. For such a simple format, this talent showcase sure is powerful TV.

★★★★ NT

TV_Times_-_February_2023_p.69_The_Piano.thumb.jpg.9855c3bafad0ce004602eca233cc3f95.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I get why it's blocked due to copyright from Channel 4 but you'd think this would also affect other countries, anyway I'm glad people outside the UK have been able to watch it.

(I can only see this video if I use a VPN 🙃)

Once the entire series has aired I should be able to get all episodes in good quality, no ads and clean opening/ending. I'll have a go at making a google drive for them!

Earlier when I said Fiona was my favourite, her original piece was definitely my favourite from that episode, but of course Harry stole my heart! So sad to see that his wife died, I've had a family member with dementia and Harry's story really touched me. It was moving and heartwarming.

For you :huglove:

• Thanks 1

Guys, is it only me or does Claudia Winkleman's way to say "pianist" sounds like she is saying a word I don't think is allowed here but everything she says following it makes me burst into laughter :lmao:

To my ears she really says another word :stifle: so when she says for example "the best pianist will perform in the Royal Opera House" I'm :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

On 2/16/2023 at 2:14 PM, dcdeb said:

Thanks a lot for recording and sharing !

I made the download links.

DOWNLOAD password MFC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Merci beaucoup pour l'enregistrement et le partage !

J'ai fait les liens de téléchargement.

TÉLÉCHARGER mot de passe MFC

Service non disponible pour Proximus je continuerai donc à regarder via les vidéos de Deb mais merci quand même CJ :wub2: