Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

Did you come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant? You're inseparable aren't you?

The truth is that no, I didn't come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant but it's clear she was on the screen behind me but... inseparable I'm not sure... Honestly, we met and we adored each other, well we didn't adore each other, I adored her and she was careful and after that we made a video clip together and I think she wanted to kill me. That's the truth, she wanted to kill me, she didn't know why she was doing this and I was telling her it's a good idea and that she would be great in the vid. It's clear she had never done something like that and now, yes, we get on well, I'm really proud to have her in my video because honestly she's an icon, a French icon in every way. I adore her, she has class, even if she hated me.

In EMD, your mum is really strict, was yours cooler?

My mum is quite cool, very cool. Actually she's here at the NMA tonight, she's working on the set, she's the one who made that (showing his waist thingy). She's cool but she's hard. She has... in fact no she's very hard, she's harder than in the song but she's cool. We get on very well, it's a kind of... We get on like.. not really mother and son, it's more like friends and... there are a lot of fights. But she's cool. I respect her. It's better than everything.

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Mika, you gave a gig at the Parc des Princes and the Palais Impérial, where do you take us next?

Next time I'd like to do the Cirque d'Hiver again and otherwise I'd like to do a small residency in a small theatre somewhere, it doesn't have to be in Paris, it could be a pretty theatre in Lyon or somewhere like this I don't know, in Lille (:swoon:) I want to settle in that theatre for 6 shows or something like that and present something very beautiful. That would be very cool. And after that, we do the big tour again. Because I have a lot of ideas.

If you had a super power...

That's hard... To freeze time. Like this.

that was an interesting read - thanks so much for translating!:thumb_yello:

The truth is that no, I didn't come to Cannes with Fanny Ardant but it's clear she was on the screen behind me but... inseparable I'm not sure... Honestly, we met and we adored each other, well we didn't adore each other, I adored her and she was careful and after that we made a video clip together and I think she wanted to kill me. That's the truth, she wanted to kill me, she didn't know why she was doing this and I was telling her it's a good idea and that she would be great in the vid. It's clear she had never done something like that and now, yes, we get on well, I'm really proud to have her in my video because honestly she's an icon, a French icon in every way. I adore her, she has class, even if she hated me.

My mum is quite cool, very cool. Actually she's here at the NMA tonight, she's working on the set, she's the one who made that (showing his waist thingy). She's cool but she's hard. She has... in fact no she's very hard, she's harder than in the song but she's cool. We get on very well, it's a kind of... We get on like.. not really mother and son, it's more like friends and... there are a lot of fights. But she's cool. I respect her. It's better than everything.

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Mika, you gave a gig at the Parc des Princes and the Palais Impérial, where do you take us next?

Next time I'd like to do the Cirque d'Hiver again and otherwise I'd like to do a small residency in a small theatre somewhere, it doesn't have to be in Paris, it could be a pretty theatre in Lyon or somewhere like this I don't know, in Lille (:swoon:) I want to settle in that theatre for 6 shows or something like that and present something very beautiful. That would be very cool. And after that, we do the big tour again. Because I have a lot of ideas.

Thank you so much for translating so fast. I love that interview :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]cToOVwpUeug[/YOUTUBE]

@camille* I put your translation there, if it's ok.

big thanks nenartus :huglove:

@camille* big thanks for the translation :flowers2:

@Melisanda the links I posted weren't uploaded by me, and I could download Marina's file in mediafire without problems :blink:

Oh I hope he's serious about some small shows and not all of them in France. Thanks Camille.

Great idea - Radio City Music Hall would be great - not small or intimate but I think he has always wanted to be there.

Great idea - Radio City Music Hall would be great - not small or intimate but I think he has always wanted to be there.

I asked him about Radio City in February 2010 but he hmmmed and hawwed...and I knew it was never going to happen. :naughty:

OMG I actually looked like this little girl I think :roftl:

:lmao:

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

gahhhh

:fangurl:

thank god the translation is done cause i wouldnt be able to do it, im just fangurling:roftl:

and its so sweet how hes like: ill be in the next clip dont worry:aah:

6513561 fans: :fangurl:!!!!!

And theres cute theaters in Canada mika :shun:

who else loves when he switches from french to english??

ok, im done drooling and etc etc:roftl:

hahhaa, nevermind...looks like I downloaded it but i don't know how;-)) was reading the translation (thank you camille!!!!) and suddenly booooom "nrj music awaaaaard" and it started to play....

and now I see there's on yt too, so...you guys are amazing...we can always count on someone here!!!

small shows, theatres!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!! 6???? I'm goin to all 6;-))))

(I wasn't at this cirque d' hiver acoustic gigs and I soooo regreted it!!!! I didn't know this is that wonderful, round, red place....(although I know circus is a round place;-))) been to the circus before;-))) I promised myself...one day...;-)))

Edited by Melisanda

Oooh, cool!

I think there is an overnight coach that goes to Lille:groupwave:

Thanks for translating Camille.

Edited by RAK1

Thanks so much for all the uploads/translations! :flowers2:

Every time he suddenly switches from French to English, for a split second my brain thinks it has spontaneously learned to understand French. :teehee:

If his mom made that thing he was wearing . . . maybe she can tell us what exactly it is? :aah:

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

gahhhh

:fangurl:

thank god the translation is done cause i wouldnt be able to do it, im just fangurling:roftl:

and its so sweet how hes like: ill be in the next clip dont worry:aah:

6513561 fans: :fangurl:!!!!!

And theres cute theaters in Canada mika :shun:

who else loves when he switches from french to english??

ok, im done drooling and etc etc:roftl:

of course there are...

put a smile on my face:biggrin2:was good after a long and tiring day:teehee:

[YOUTUBE]cToOVwpUeug[/YOUTUBE]

@camille* I put your translation there, if it's ok.

Thank you! Loved the interview!

Thanks so much Camille!!! :flowers2:

First comment is about the acoustic tour:

tumblr_lymr1xtHCG1qbgdte.gif

SPONGYBUBBLE!!! hahaha LOVE THE GIF! I just totally feel the same right now :roftl: