Popular - with Ariana Grande

Naectegale

Oh, I commented on the new thread :doh: Sorry if we were supposed to continue the discussion in the old thread...? Lol, I was too excited, the vid is great, it was worth waiting.

Well, I started the thread for the video -- this was about the song itself. :dunno:

Anyhow, here's the new video thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28033

• 3 months later...

Arjan Writes ‏@arjanwrites 4m

SO HAPPY to see @mikasounds "Popular Song" with @ArianaGrande is included on Ariana's album. Great track for a great album. #newpop

Tomorrow is the releasing date for Ariana Grande's debut album,"Yours Truly",in Germany and Netherland,and the US release is on September 3.

maybe on this way German radio stations awake to play newer Mika songs:fisch: I send mails to WDR and so on, nothing happend:sneaky2::sneaky2: but what really makes me angry that one radio man said, all Mika songs sound equal:blowup:

maybe on this way German radio stations awake to play newer Mika songs:fisch: I send mails to WDR and so on, nothing happend:sneaky2::sneaky2: but what really makes me angry that one radio man said, all Mika songs sound equa:blowup:

Poor musical taste or poor musical ear :mf_rosetinted:

Arjan Writes ‏@arjanwrites 4m

SO HAPPY to see @mikasounds "Popular Song" with @ArianaGrande is included on Ariana's album. Great track for a great album. #newpop

Tomorrow is the releasing date for Ariana Grande's debut album,"Yours Truly",in Germany and Netherland,and the US release is on September 3.

I'm happy about this too. As things stand, it's a smart move. As long as people know it's Mika's song, his voice is heard, and his name gets out there. It's all good

Ariana Grande - Mika collaboration

"How did you collaboration with Mika happen?"

[YOUTUBE]Bzzxfbv6uNQ[/YOUTUBE]

Awwwww that's so sweet! She loves his work, so that's cool.

Yes it is! She seems like such a lovely girl. I wish her well in her career

Hope her new album could help Popular Song do better in US.:biggrin2:

Don't know if it'sbecause she has the same name as my girl but I really like her. I even pre-order her album on itunes:fisch: and it helps Mika so :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.nickutopia.com/2013/09/02/ariana-grande-chats-about-her-debut-album-yours-truly/

[YouTube]2iv_Dg5_cVk[/YouTube]

Ariana Grande Talks About Working With Mika On “Popular Song”

SEPTEMBER 2ND, 2013 BY DISNEY DREAMING

http://www.disneydreaming.com/2013/09/02/ariana-grande-talks-about-working-with-mika-on-popular-song/

[YouTube]Bzzxfbv6uNQ[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay

Her album is now no. 1 in 30 countries. If he is clever he should ride the wave of her success by promoting the sh*t out of Popular. But guess he won't.

Really??? I will never learn to understand some things. She seems like a sweet girl but I listen to that Popular version only to watch the vid (which is funny and clever).

Really??? I will never learn to understand some things. She seems like a sweet girl but I listen to that Popular version only to watch the vid (which is funny and clever).

i just googled a bit and found out that in the last 2 weeks she tweeted a kissing pic of her and justin bieber, then claiming that justin had made her do that, she b*tched about miley cyrus on her fb page, then claimed it was a hacker, and she's supposed to have an affair with some other popular teen star. much ado about nothing, but lots for the media to talk about. when it comes to music sales, this seems to be the way to do it. :dunno: in fact, the first time i ever heard about mika wasn't much different... get the fans of other artists to notice you. the media wrote he was invited to support take that on their tour but denied. and i (huge take that fan back then) just thought "who does this guy think he is?!" - but when gk was on the radio, i remembered that article. i'm really glad tho that he doesn't go and kiss justin bieber, just to sell his songs. :naughty:

i just googled a bit and found out that in the last 2 weeks she tweeted a kissing pic of her and justin bieber, then claiming that justin had made her do that, she b*tched about miley cyrus on her fb page, then claimed it was a hacker, and she's supposed to have an affair with some other popular teen star. much ado about nothing, but lots for the media to talk about. when it comes to music sales, this seems to be the way to do it. :dunno: in fact, the first time i ever heard about mika wasn't much different... get the fans of other artists to notice you. the media wrote he was invited to support take that on their tour but denied. and i (huge take that fan back then) just thought "who does this guy think he is?!" - but when gk was on the radio, i remembered that article. i'm really glad tho that he doesn't go and kiss justin bieber, just to sell his songs. :naughty:

That sweet girl did all that? Oh dear. Is she 18 already? Is Justin Bieber 18 already??

Yes, I'm glad too :naughty:

That sweet girl did all that? Oh dear. Is she 18 already? Is Justin Bieber 18 already??

Justin is 19, Ariana is 20....

I'm glad Mika has never wanted to use gossip and scandal to be popular and to try to sell more albums, but in the show and music business, it's clear that's a easier way...

it's just a pic of justin pulling her close and kissing her on the cheek, but the media made a big story of it - y'know for teenagers it means you're going out with someone if you're kissing them on the cheek - at least if the teen magazine of your choice says so. :teehee:

Must be Nathan Sykes? They have a duet on her album...

Yes I guess. Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are consuming enough of my time with their Toronto bar punch ups and twerking. I don't have the energy to keep up with anymore no-talent children.

I can't believe it was only a few years ago that Amy Winehouse, Adele and Paolo Nutini were launching their first albums at that age. Now 19 year olds can't be expected to write anything at all, nevermind intelligent adult themed songs.