Album News: "No Place In Heaven" to be Released 15/16 June 2015!

dcdeb

I saw that in Amazon Canada there is only one disc: "No Place In Heaven (Performed Live with L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montreal)". Does anybody know if there will be all 20 songs in it?

The tracklist hasn't been released yet

The tracklist hasn't been released yet

grrr why don't they just announce it already? >.< I'm dying to know if Overrated will be there

I'm still debating about which version to get. maybe i'll get the Italian one just because i'm annoyed i already bought the French deluxe, just for those French songs, in addition to the regular deluxe album for the USA   :sneaky2: ...but i want Je Chante and Tant Que J’ai Le Soleil on CD. UGH the tough decisions of a poor Mika fan xD

Maybe this he posted on instagram a few weeks ago is the Je Chante song? or are these lyrics to some other song?

https://instagram.com/p/52a-HfziNM/?taken-by=mikainstagram

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

:) I think I'll wait with ordering, till I see which version is the best, acc. to my wishes for the songs incl. :wink2:  The Amazon Canadian version,  with only one disc for OSM, which Charlie20 tells about,  raise my hope for all songs from the concerts... :fisch: 

Love,love

me 

I pre-ordered the cd about 2 weeks ago and I think I'll just wait patiently (patiently, heh :teehee: ) until next week when I get it in the mail to see what's the final tracklist..

Can't do much more right now. :fisch:  Unless they release it this week, that'd be great. :wink2:

Nobody here says that he cannot do French songs. But there are a lot of non-French people who want the option to buy this rerelease with English songs instead. Why is that difficult to understand? I have nothing to do with his childhood memories. I prefer the Italian tracklist which is unavailable to me unless I import it from Italy.

I am glad you love the French songs, but that does not mean everybody has the same opinion. I wonder why so many Mika fans (not aiming at you specifically) have such a hard time dealing with the fact that not everybody loves everything he does or has other preferences.

I understand that everyone has different music tastes and that everyone has a different opinion, and it's a good thing but I don't understand why people complain about the choices Mika makes regarding songs on his album. it's not like you can go and change what he's put on there so why can't you just skip the song you don't like if you get the CD? I'm not trying to offend anyone and I wasn't trying to insinuate anyone was wrong or that I will agree and follow Mika blindly whatever his decisions are because I wouldn't do that. I was just confused as to why people were so annoyed with a couple of French songs on his album when the main focus was meant to be on the orchestral CD Edited by KiwiMikaFreak
  • Like 4

Hi, can someone just clear something up for me? Is the version available on mikasounds.com the french version? Or is that an English version? Already ruled out Italian cos I can get Center of Gravity from itunes... 

Basically I want the best versions of the songs (haven't heard beautiful disaster) and dunno if I'm going for a differnet one to something that everyone's talked about... 

Thanks! :flowers2:

According to this website (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mika-mika-et-lorchestre-symphonique-de-montral/6000195489748) it seems like it will be the same disc, just as a stand-alone album :)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mika-mika-et-lorchestre-symphonique-de-montral/6000195489748

CTADZwbUYAAjVcH.jpg

Mika - Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal

Number of discs
Track list
  1. Toy Boy
  2. Grace Kelly
  3. Underwater
  4. Boum Boum Boum
  5. Relax (Take It Easy)
  6. Last Party
  7. Origin Of Love
  8. Happy Ending
  9. Over My Shoulder
  10. Good Guys
  11. Rain
  12. Any Other World
  13. Love Today
  14. Elle Me Dit
  • Like 1

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mika-mika-et-lorchestre-symphonique-de-montral/6000195489748

CTADZwbUYAAjVcH.jpg

Mika - Mika Et L'Orchestre Symphonique De Montréal

Number of discs
Track list
  1. Toy Boy
  2. Grace Kelly
  3. Underwater
  4. Boum Boum Boum
  5. Relax (Take It Easy)
  6. Last Party
  7. Origin Of Love
  8. Happy Ending
  9. Over My Shoulder
  10. Good Guys
  11. Rain
  12. Any Other World
  13. Love Today
  14. Elle Me Dit

OK - thank you Froy and Eriko -  then these 14 tracks are what we get from the OSM... ;)  

Love,love

me

I understand that everyone has different music tastes and that everyone has a different opinion, and it's a good thing but I don't understand why people complain about the choices Mika makes regarding songs on his album. it's not like you can go and change what he's put on there so why can't you just skip the song you don't like if you get the CD? I'm not trying to offend anyone and I wasn't trying to insinuate anyone was wrong or that I will agree and follow Mika blindly whatever his decisions are because I wouldn't do that. I was just confused as to why people were so annoyed with a couple of French songs on his album when the main focus was meant to be on the orchestral CD

Because it is not just one track to skip, but about 5. I mean, I skip Ordinary Man all the time cause it is a snoozefest and that is ok, but to buy a cd and skip 5 songs on it is not cool.

If the main focus was on the Orchestral cd, he should just release that one in non-French speaking countries, cause more cds, the higher the price. And no, we cannot change it. But that does not mean that we should not be allowed to mention it, despite people accusing us of 'being negative' because of it. It is just an opinion and I think that everybody should be allowed to express them. I don't love him any less because of this, I am just disappointed because another country does get a tracklist that would fit here more, yet it is not for sale here.

Because it is not just one track to skip, but about 5. I mean, I skip Ordinary Man all the time cause it is a snoozefest and that is ok, but to buy a cd and skip 5 songs on it is not cool.

If the main focus was on the Orchestral cd, he should just release that one in non-French speaking countries, cause more cds, the higher the price. And no, we cannot change it. But that does not mean that we should not be allowed to mention it, despite people accusing us of 'being negative' because of it. It is just an opinion and I think that everybody should be allowed to express them. I don't love him any less because of this, I am just disappointed because another country does get a tracklist that would fit here more, yet it is not for sale here.

When he said he would release a live-album of the OSM gigs I thought it would be a stand-alone and would cost as much as the NPIH stand-alone disc, I think €20 is the price for every album you buy, either it is a stand alone or a double album. 

I actually "hate" the idea of repacks 'cause it means I have to buy an album I already have (like 14/15 songs) and only get 4 new songs (which are, in my opinion just left-overs from studio-recordings and would have been released as B-sides on singles in the good old days). So I actually would have loved a stand-alone album of the OSM-disc, although it would have probably costed me as much as this double-album would. I don't need a second NPIH disc 'cause I've already bought it, yet this repack only focusses on fans (as most of the repacks actually) and they always contain an albums fans already have. Repacks probably means they enter the charts again as NPIH and generate airplay and free promotion for an album that already exists. 

So I probably end up listening to just one disc of the two 'cause the majority of the songs of the first disc are already in my collection :)

(To get to the skip-part, on the Italian version you'll probably skip 4 tracks as well as there are Italian songs on it and 2 French tracks as well. 'Cause I read most people just the English tracks, I wanted to point this out the Italian version contains non-English tracks as well...) 

• Like 1

When he said he would release a live-album of the OSM gigs I thought it would be a stand-alone and would cost as much as the NPIH stand-alone disc, I think €20 is the price for every album you buy, either it is a stand alone or a double album. 

Gosh that is outrageous. It is only €9 here for the standalone. How do they expect to sell CDs at that price?

(To get to the skip-part, on the Italian version you'll probably skip 4 tracks as well as there are Italian songs on it and 2 French tracks as well. 'Cause I read most people just the English tracks, I wanted to point this out the Italian version contains non-English tracks as well...)

The "Italian" tracks as so named because they have been released exclusively for the Italian market, not because they are exclusively in the Italian language. All of Mika's vocals in Beautiful Disaster and the entire song of Gravity are sung in English, non?

Further to what Ingie was saying, there are SIX French songs on the repack NPIH disc as well as 2 on the live disc. I don't know how anyone can refer to 8 songs as "a couple". This is almost an entire album's worth of songs.

Why can't people just voice their disappointment in a product that does not appeal to them and does not seem worth the money since they would have to skip EIGHT TRACKS without others trying to negate their opinion by saying it is "only a couple", "Mika loved his childhood in France", "I love French songs", "I listen to English songs and I am not English". Why are these comments always met with an endless string of inaccurate or completely irrelevant reasons we are not allowed to have the opinion we do?

Well, I guess it goes both ways as people who are against the French tracks on a (almost) worldwide release negate the opinion of the people who think "let Mika do whatever he wants and put out the songs he wants in the countries he wants". Everybody has their own opinion and nobody is obligated to buy an album with songs the do or do not love/like. 

In my opinion an artist does what he wants the way he wants it. I can decide if I want to buy that album or not, and every now and then an artist does things I don't like and sometimes he does things I absolutely adore. Does the album not appeal to you, you don't have to buy it and you'll probably be able to download songs from iTunes as well. He probably can't do right for everybody. Mika has his own opinion as well and it seems he isn't allowed as well by some of the comments I've read by the way ;-)

To be on topic: as Fedez is singing in Italian on "Beautiful Disaster" and Gravity is an very authentic Italian song translated in English I can quite imagine the people who don't like those French songs won't like these songs as well. So I was just pointing out that the Italian tracklist might be not as perfect as well. :)

• Like 1

Well, I guess it goes both ways as people who are against the French tracks on a (almost) worldwide release negate the opinion of the people who think "let Mika do whatever he wants and put out the songs he wants in the countries he wants". Everybody has their own opinion and nobody is obligated to buy an album with songs the do or do not love/like.

Having a different opinion from someone else is not negating their opinion. Neither Ingie nor myself have said anything that negates the opinion of people who like the French songs. All we have said is that we don't want to buy an album with 8 French songs on it.

That is a lot different than people replying saying "let him be", "each and every one of us has to do...", "why can't you just...", etc. I am not telling anyone here what to do or how to think about music and I expect the same in return. 

In my opinion an artist does what he wants the way he wants it. I can decide if I want to buy that album or not, and every now and then an artist does things I don't like and sometimes he does things I absolutely adore. Does the album not appeal to you, you don't have to buy it and you'll probably be able to download songs from iTunes as well. He probably can't do right for everybody. Mika has his own opinion as well and it seems he isn't allowed as well by some of the comments I've read by the way ;-)

I totally agree with that and am hoping that the symphony songs are available on iTunes for individual purchase because there are only a few that I want, seeing as some of the best have been left off in favour of ones I will never listen to.

Mika and everyone else here is perfectly entitled to their own opinions. But I am tired of hearing how his record company, his team, the British media, radio stations, pop music listeners, etc. are all to blame for the consequences of Mika "doing whatever he wants". You can't have it both ways. If he is going to make these artistic decisions that people don't like then he is the one responsible when the records don't sell. "You can't please everyone" as a rationale for making certain choices is a silly one. A choice between pleasing a very small group and alienating the 8 million people who bought your earlier albums are not equal options with equal consequences.

So Mika can keep trying to sell French songs in his English markets and keep singing French songs at his English gigs and making rude sexist jokes about the people who don't like it needing to get laid. And he can keep watching his sales numbers drop and his audience shrink.

But not every artists wants millions fans or people who buy the record. And artist wants to share what he or she has created and that's where the completely story ends. No-one needs to tell him what he has to do. If his next album is completely in French he will certainly sell a whole lot less records, if that what he wants to do that's okay. That's his choice, an artist isn't any better 'cause he sold million of records and fills stadiums instead of small rooms with an acoustic feeling. 

(And I guess the thing he said about getting laid was just a jokingly expression to show people he reads their comments and what they think about it. He didn't probably mean to offend anyone in their, or at least, I wouldn't take it like that ;-))

• Like 3

A choice between pleasing a very small group and alienating the 8 million people who bought your earlier albums are not equal options with equal consequences.

I agree with you about that point. There should be a real international version for all the albums in order to leave the choice to people outside France (or Quebec and Belgium etc.) to listen to songs they prefer and not limite his market the way he does at the moment. I am also a little bit worried in beforehand by his French songs because there have been some of them I don't like. Anyway, I think his team wanted to make sure the reissue would sell in his best selling market (=France) or then it was just Mika's (bad) idea.

• Like 2

But not every artists wants millions fans or people who buy the record. And artist wants to share what he or she has created and that's where the completely story ends. 

Right, so can all these endless discussions about how it is anyone and everyone else's fault that Mika doesn't promote and sell his product outside of France and Italy come to an end? :naughty: 

But not every artists wants millions fans or people who buy the record. And artist wants to share what he or she has created and that's where the completely story ends. No-one needs to tell him what he has to do. If his next album is completely in French he will certainly sell a whole lot less records, if that what he wants to do that's okay. That's his choice, an artist isn't any better 'cause he sold million of records and fills stadiums instead of small rooms with an acoustic feeling. 

(And I guess the thing he said about getting laid was just a jokingly expression to show people he reads their comments and what they think about it. He didn't probably mean to offend anyone in their, or at least, I wouldn't take it like that ;-))

In Mika's case, it is difficult to think that he wouldn't like to sell as many records as possible. He was really exited when Beautiful Disaster went #1 in Italy and by his #1 in France with TOOL etc. I think he hasn't already forgetten the big succes he had in 2007-2008 and really enjoys the big concerts, but he can still do also intimate gigs in countries like USA. I agree with you the record sells don't always reflect the quality of the music, but money he earned with LICM gave him the possibility to do those acoustic gigs after the relese of Songs of sorrow and bigger record sales could give him this kind of liberty.

About that BBB thing: I do also think that it was just a clumsy joke done in the heat of the last gig. I hope people don't take that too seriously.

In Mika's case, it is difficult to think that he wouldn't like to sell as many records as possible. He was really exited when Beautiful Disaster went #1 in Italy and by his #1 in France with TOOL etc. I think he hasn't already forgetten the big succes he had in 2007-2008 and really enjoys the big concerts, but he can still do also intimate gigs in countries like USA. I agree with you the record sells don't always reflect the quality of the music, but money he earned with LICM gave him the possibility to do those acoustic gigs after the relese of Songs of sorrow and bigger record sales could give him this kind of liberty.

About that BBB thing: I do also think that it was just a clumsy joke done in the heat of the last gig. I hope people don't take that too seriously.

Totally agree, but I can imagine it isn't Mika's first point in creating music. He just want to enjoy himself in what he does and what he creates. Without thinking if it will sell or not. I guess he's in the possibility to do things just for fun. (Like the symphonic gigs, I think they cost a awful lot of time (and maybe money) to create, yet he only did 4 of those gigs so far. (But let's hope he takes those gigs around the world at some time :))

• Like 1

Why does everyone's opinions have to turn into some kind of competition? Can everyone just agree that their opinion might be different to someone else's? There is no right or wrong opinion of course, so there isn't any need to try and make someone feel like their opinion is invalid. Everyone can express their opinion of Mika and his music but it's kind of taking it too far when everyone is trying to prove the other person's opinion is of lesser value than their own. Everyone has the choice to buy the album or not buy it, or maybe just buy the songs they like on iTunes. In my opinion everyone has that right to choose what they want to buy, but there shouldn't be anyone trying to put down the other fans because of their decisions. People have become fans of Mika for different reasons, for example someone might have become a fan because of his early music and might have a preference to that, and everyone should at least respect that even if they don't agree.

I am definitely trying to not put down anyone's opinions or pick on anyone because everyone has that right to share what they believe. I am just trying to express that I feel (no-one has to feel the same way I do) that it's turning into who has the "right" opinion on Mika's music. Then again, the is my opinion, you can agree or disagree, but please try not to invalidate what I've said.     

• Like 1

I am definitely trying to not put down anyone's opinions or pick on anyone because everyone has that right to share what they believe. I am just trying to express that I feel (no-one has to feel the same way I do) that it's turning into who has the "right" opinion on Mika's music. Then again, the is my opinion, you can agree or disagree, but please try not to invalidate what I've said.     

You are of course right with that. Our musical taste can varie a lot even if we all here like at least some of Mika's songs (in my case perhaps 90% of them :) ), that's why we are here. There can't be a good or a bad opinion about one particular song.

It is however interesting to discuss his career and musical choices and try to find out what his plans are for the future. I would like him to do as well as possible everywhere and sometimes I just wonder if he is aware of the consquences of his or his team's choices at the moment. I think that an international version of the reissue would have been better at least for commercial reasons.

Edited by Menthe
  • Like 1

The way I see it, a few months ago the OSM said an album of the Canadian concert was going to be released around Christmas.

Now this made me happy, as I missed out on going to Canada, due to being ill just before, and having to work instead when it happened

So I was stupidly under the impression, that we would get an album with the entire concert on it, which, though not completely, but to a point, would make up for not being there at the time.

So you can, I hope, understand why I am not entirely happy with a repackage, with only 14 of the 20 songs performed. I would rather have a stand alone album of the complete OSM concert, than what we have.

• Like 3

The way I see it, a few months ago the OSM said an album of the Canadian concert was going to be released around Christmas.

Now this made me happy, as I missed out on going to Canada, due to being ill just before, and having to work instead when it happened

So I was stupidly under the impression, that we would get an album with the entire concert on it, which, though not completely, but to a point, would make up for not being there at the time.

So you can, I hope, understand why I am not entirely happy with a repackage, with only 14 of the 20 songs performed. I would rather have a stand alone album of the complete OSM concert, than what we have.

Let's hope we get all the songs in some way in the end, be it through a CD-release or a DVD-release, that would be just awesome. 'Cause it's shame it's only 14 songs indeed (although my idea is still that's what they really wanted to do 'cause most of the webshops have in their description saying the second disc contains 20 live songs... So somewhere down the road for some reason they took 6 tracks out of the tracklistening...)

Totally agree, but I can imagine it isn't Mika's first point in creating music. He just want to enjoy himself in what he does and what he creates. Without thinking if it will sell or not. I guess he's in the possibility to do things just for fun. (Like the symphonic gigs, I think they cost a awful lot of time (and maybe money) to create, yet he only did 4 of those gigs so far. (But let's hope he takes those gigs around the world at some time :))

When he started out, this was very much what he wanted, to sell many records, because if he didn't he would have been in big trouble with the record company, after getting the big advance they gave him to get the ball rolling.

Yes, for him it was never about the money, he just wanted to make music, just like every other artist out there.

But to do that he needed the record companys backing, and he had to sell masses of records worldwide to pay back the advance, just like every other artist out there.

So now he is probably in the position of being free of that, and creating whatever he wants, which is great, that is what all artists want, to be in that golden area of not being entirely dependant on the record company.  And I know he wants to do a lot of different types of music, French, Italian, he has even talked about a Latin percussive themed album (which I would be ALLL over if he does, I love all percussion).

BUT, he still has a massive WORLDWIDE fanbase out there, who bought his records back in 2007-2009, getting them in the charts, helping him get in the position that he is in now. And to close himself off from them, and just accommodate a small portion of his market, is a huge kick in the guts to them, making them feel pushed aside.

He says he needs to be invited to do gigs and be on tv shows in all these countries, but if he had kept touching base with them all as each album came out, this wouldn't be a problem. No on insulated him from them, he has done that by himself. 

For example, the amount of time, myself, Marilyn and others have pestered radio and tv stations during promo times as each album came out here in the UK, to get him played, and to get him tv time, but to no avail, because (especially during the TOOL promo), Mika and no one in his team seemed to be that bothered about pushing it too hard. I see him doing massive amounts of promo in France and Italy for this album, if he had done half of that here during the TOOL promo time, it might have got more attention, and Stardust could have been a hit here, because both Graham Norton AND Dermot O' Leary asked him why he wasn't releasing it, they loved it.

It's all well and good being in his happy bubble doing the tv in France and Italy, but cutting off his nose to spite his face is going to backfire on him, if he doesn't start addressing the rest of the worldwide fanbase at some point.

In Canada, we only get the OSM album as a stand-alone, not a repack. Hence why OSM hinted the way it did...