I Guess everyone has its own understanding of the song / video :bleh:

It was a joke because I've got 2 cats …...:naughty::wink2:

• Confused 1

It's interesting how

8 hours ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

That's not my Interpretation :lmfao:

It's a comment From YouTube.

I Guess everyone has its own understanding of the song / video :bleh:

That's the interesting thing and I'm sure this is something that Mika likes. Different visions different interpretations.

I think now, when Mika wrote his letter to Michael Holbrook, one of the version may be that Mika is "Michael" and Ronke plays "Mika". 

Ronke playing piano sitting on Mika's knees can be Mika - an artist (a logo) overwhelming Michael with his career.

Cherries may represent artistic success which could have "killed" Michael - Ronke eating cherries, and then a picture of cherries on the left, and fruit stones on the right, a knife and sort of blood.

About eggs - Mika said in his interview in Paris Match :

"Notre famille s’est construite sur cet esprit de résistance, de réinvention face à la perte, la destruction. Ma mère appelle ça “l’éclosion, le fleurissement”.

"Our family was built on this spirit of resistance, reinvention in the face of loss, destruction, and my mother calls it" hatching, blossoming ".

So maybe eggs in the video represent this sort of resistance, a hope for survival what ever wrong happens.

• Like 4

On 9/28/2019 at 5:47 PM, MatanBenYosef224 said:

Wait, What?

Someone wrote on the youtube music video that Mika wrote "Tiny Love" for his cat:

"Love that he wrote this for his cat. ❤️ He is clearly playing a cat in this video. Hence his size, being on her lap when she’s trying to play piano, getting pets behind his ears, etc. As a cat lover, it jumped out to me instantly." 

Does Mika has a cat? (I Know he has two dogs but a cat? I'm not sure about that) I Mean, that's, you know, maybe a kind of interpretation of the song/video clip, I Just asking myself how much can it be (I Mean if Mika has dogs it can be about his dogs...) But I Guess everyone has it's on interpretation of the video, I Prefer the one that says this song is about Michael / Mika.

BTW, Everyday I'm falling in love with the song & video clip more. It's pure art.

I still don't believe he actually has a cat (the image in that video is a stock image of a cat)... but this is my new favorite interpretation! :roftl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

I still don't believe he actually has a cat (the image in that video is a stock image of a cat)... but this is my new favorite interpretation! :roftl:

Maybe he didn't have a picture of that cat, and they just put a random one to illustrate the story :original:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

Haha, It's a nice interpretation but I Don't think it fit... 

I Mean, If Mika is playing a cat, why does the cat will start singing "My name is Michael..."? :roftl:

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2019 at 6:47 PM, MatanBenYosef224 said:

Wait, What?

Someone wrote on the youtube music video that Mika wrote "Tiny Love" for his cat:

"Love that he wrote this for his cat. ❤️ He is clearly playing a cat in this video. Hence his size, being on her lap when she’s trying to play piano, getting pets behind his ears, etc. As a cat lover, it jumped out to me instantly." 

:lmfao: 

My cat would always jump on my and my piano when I played, so this comment is so funny to me. I love this theory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cat_loves_mika said:

:lmfao: 

My cat would always jump on my and my piano when I played, so this comment is so funny to me. I love this theory. 

Also my cat would always lay in the middle of the couch while I'd have to find a tiny spot for me :teehee:  And rolling on the floor like he does in the end.... yeah, that is my favorite interpretation as well!  :lmfao:

:mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think now, when Mika wrote his letter to Michael Holbrook, one of the version may be that Mika is "Michael" and Ronke plays "Mika". 

Ronke playing piano sitting on Mika's knees can be Mika - an artist (a logo) overwhelming Michael with his career.

Cherries may represent artistic success which could have "killed" Michael - Ronke eating cherries, and then a picture of cherries on the left, and fruit stones on the right, a knife and sort of blood.

About eggs - Mika said in his interview in Paris Match :

"Notre famille s’est construite sur cet esprit de résistance, de réinvention face à la perte, la destruction. Ma mère appelle ça “l’éclosion, le fleurissement”.

"Our family was built on this spirit of resistance, reinvention in the face of loss, destruction, and my mother calls it" hatching, blossoming ".

So maybe eggs in the video represent this sort of resistance, a hope for survival what ever wrong happens.

Yeah, the Mika / Michael thing still is the interpretation that fits most, I think. And I had the same thought about the eggs and "hatching". The cherries, maybe - it's a possibility.

And I think about his pointing at the gig, in the video I posted - he points on himself for "one", so in the context of the likely meaning of the song & video (Mika / Michael) it'd rather mean he'd give up the love of all these people for the Tiny Love he found in himself - which is a wonderful thought, I'm very happy that he got to that point. As I said before we knew about this Michael / Mika thing, I mentioned "The greatest love of all" by Whitney Houston as a topic that could be the same in Tiny Love. Which btw I just realize is a nice contradiction, to put the "greatest" love vs "tiny" love. But if he'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one, it's the same principle. :teehee:

Anyway I like the cat interpretation as well, it certainly is the funniest! :lmfao:

• Like 9

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Yeah, the Mika / Michael thing still is the interpretation that fits most, I think. And I had the same thought about the eggs and "hatching". The cherries, maybe - it's a possibility.

And I think about his pointing at the gig, in the video I posted - he points on himself for "one", so in the context of the likely meaning of the song & video (Mika / Michael) it'd rather mean he'd give up the love of all these people for the Tiny Love he found in himself - which is a wonderful thought, I'm very happy that he got to that point. As I said before we knew about this Michael / Mika thing, I mentioned "The greatest love of all" by Whitney Houston as a topic that could be the same in Tiny Love. Which btw I just realize is a nice contradiction, to put the "greatest" love vs "tiny" love. But if he'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one, it's the same principle. :teehee:

Anyway I like the cat interpretation as well, it certainly is the funniest! :lmfao:

I see what you are getting at. I think he is saying he has to be happy and love himself, as both Michael and Mika, before anything else. I think it can apply to his personal life, as well as being in the music business because I have read some interviews where he expresses complaints about how he wasn't exactly happy with how much of a formulaic cash grab the music industry is and how is affected his music. I think in his Billboard interview recently. But its truly important to genuinely love yourself to be able to have a successful relationship, even just with yourself. If you don't, its so much more difficult. 

The cat interpretation can be the unofficial meaning behind Tiny Love, because we can only speculate on the deeper meaning behind it.. and we at least know that Mika's apparent cat is named Tiny.. :aah: If someone meets him on tour soon, please ask if its about his cat for me.... Thanks. :fisch: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mellody said:

As Mika said in his Instagram chat at his birthday, many of our interpretations were correct but none was 100% correct. And I think we will never discover 100% of the message.

But anyway now, reading and listening to his interviews the picture is more clear.

For me the best thing is that we can interpret the video in so different ways and on so many levels. I think this is what we call ART. It touches us deeply, pushes us to think, to make research. 

• Like 2

TINY LOVE - REPRISE

My name is Michael Holbroolk

I was born in 1983

No I'm not losing my mind

It's just this thing that you do to me

You get me high on a tiny love

You get me high

And if it all goes bad and our love sets like the sun

I dive up a hundred thousand love for just this one

You get me high

Joannie

This tiny love it might be small

But it's the greatest of them all

A love like this can't disappear

You can't forget that it's been here

Maybe tiny to the world but not to us

We are giants with our tiny tiny love

Choir

Maybe tiny to the world but in our hearts

We are giants with our tiny, tiny love

Paloma

My name is Paloma

I was born in '81

I've live my life its ups and downs

I've had my fun

But now I'm high with a tiny love

I will stay high

Mika

I'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one

And we'll stay high with a tiny love

Edited by BiaIchihara
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BiaIchihara said:

TINY LOVE - REPRISE

My name is Michael Holbroolk

I was born in 1983

No I'm not losing my mind

It's just this thing that you do to me

You get me high

And if it all toes bad and our love sets like the sun

I dive up a hundred thousand love for just this one

You get me high

Joannie

This tiny love it might be small

But it's the greatest of them all

A love like this can't disappear

You can't forget that it's been here

We are giants with our tiny tiny love

Choir

Maybe tiny to the world but in our hearts

Paloma

My name is Paloma

I was born in '81

I've live my life its ups and downs

I've had my fun

But now I'm high with a tiny love

I will stay high

Mika

I'd give up a hundred thousand loves for just this one

In Tiny Love the line is different

Screenshot_20191004-231153_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

I'm pretty sure the subtitles are wrong and Mika is singing: "And our love sets like the sun", No?

Yes, the subtitles are wrong (they are wrong for a lot of songs)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cookiemika15 said:

I was wondering if the black and white picture in the background had a signification, for I just noticed that there was a picture of Mika's mother earlier in the video? If it has, are there other significant pictures in this video?

Capture d’écran (240).png

At the beginning I thought that the young boy in the photo could be a young Mika. I’m trying to find a better photo now. I’m not sure about it, i wrote a comment on the YouTube video but some people told me that he couldn’t be Mika 

• Like 1

This boy. I thought that was a young Mika. I think he has the same nose and eyes as him. I’m uploading some other photos as a comparation.

The first time I saw the video i started thinking about that, I was sure. But as i told before, everyone said I was wrong😕

E923154F-2956-4F27-B8D6-A6070FC66219.jpeg

19ECE498-860D-427A-82CB-134A61ED0486.jpeg

87EA591C-9950-4054-A8ED-4346EDFD38B3.jpeg

Edited by Anna-is-golden
  • Like 1

I agree that he does look similar. But if you look at the other men in the photo, it's obviously an old photo, from a time when Mika wasn't born. It's possible though that they photoshopped a pic of young Mika into this old photo. Or the young man is indeed one of his ancestors, who looks a lot like him, maybe his Dad or Granddad when they were young?

In any case I agree that the photo has a meaning. Mika said in his IG live that there's a lot of hidden meanings in this video. I suppose the photo is connected to his family history, which he discovered in the graveyard.

• Like 2