Mika's collaboration with Indeed, June 2021

mellody

14 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

then started giving out orders

Haha poor Deb, but like you said, it’s very clear and no nonsense. He definitely gets it done. I like that!

I now understand why I personally would find it challenging to work for him in a theoretical setting. I’m quite dominant :teehee: he seems to be as well :lol3: that would either be incredibly productive or would go terribly wrong :aah:

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2021 at 11:21 PM, mellody said:

Mika teams up with the job platform "Indeed":

195753210_333518771468461_79393899747232

He says there'll be a live streaming concert on June 24, that he's putting together. :biggrin2:

miaoow

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

To me, working for Mika would mean being part of the magical world that he creates with his music, art and shows, so the job would have to relate to that and not just work for Mika because it's Mika or I want to meet him or get access to his house.

Of course, I would like to work with Mika in one of his projects, my problem is just: What can I do there? It's hard for me to imagine a job where I actually could help him and not only get in the way, cleaning toilets at least I can. :dunno_grin:

I would more imagine me watching actually how he works and not being his employee, but maybe I'm wrong and he would even find for me something that I could do in one of his projects. :original:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That being said, other than not truly having any skills he’s looking for, I think I will just enjoy him from a distance. I’m in a way afraid that working for him - in any way - would get you too close to the magic he is creating and I’d much rather be in the audience for that. 

I think I know what you mean... I had a similar fear at the beginning of the Revelation Tour. I realized his album was very personal, and with the name of the tour I just wondered, am I ready for that "Revelation"? How closely do I want to look? Then at the London gig I saw Yasmine, and she had stars in her eyes when watching him on stage, like everyone else in the crowd. Hardly anyone else is more involved in Mika's work than she is, and knows him very well personally too, and she still is so amazed when seeing him on stage. Btw it's the same with Giulio, Mika's Italian manager - even tho they are involved in working at those shows, when they're in the audience they still are as blown away by Mika's magic as everyone. I suppose even Mika himself is, lol! :naughty: When he talks about the transformation someone goes through when performing on stage, when he says on stage you become a superhero... he knows how to become this superhero, but still it just IS magical every time. :dunno_grin:

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Anyhow, I find that attitude challenges me and I really respond to someone who knows what they want and can take charge like that. I wouldn't say it was "mean" but it was definitely no-nonsense. I'm sure some people aren't comfortable with that and would interpret it as being rude or unkind, but to me it's how you need to behave to get things done.

100% agree.

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Haha poor Deb, but like you said, it’s very clear and no nonsense. He definitely gets it done. I like that!

I now understand why I personally would find it challenging to work for him in a theoretical setting. I’m quite dominant :teehee: he seems to be as well :lol3: that would either be incredibly productive or would go terribly wrong :aah:

I can also be very dominant, but I think the art is to know when you can be and when you have to take yourself back. That's also what I meant when I said at Star Academy Mika let the choreographers etc. do their job, he just knows they're better at that than him. If you have a good idea about your own strengths and weaknesses, I think you can be a good teamplayer. And in Mika's case, the things that concern  himself and his art are his specialty, that's where no one else can be better than him. Maybe he says he doesn't know himself, but I suppose at least he knows himself better than anyone else does. :teehee:

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Wow this conversation got serious! It was just a joke guys, there isn't actually a job available. :naughty:  Well, I don't think there is... :blink: ... Er, gotta go! 

No worries... we just need something to talk about while we're waiting for news about Mika's actual project, lol! :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/3/2021 at 11:31 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Am I the only one to understand that it will not be a "normal" Mika concert but something like cooperation with other artists?

Or singing songs from his/their playlists?

Tbh, I didn't understand... So I'm waiting for more details.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

When he talks about the transformation someone goes through when performing on stage, when he says on stage you become a superhero... he knows how to become this superhero, but still it just IS magical every time. :dunno_grin:

I think part of him becoming this superhero, as he calls it, is because he knows everything else works behind the scenes - and that’s because he has orchestrated it. So even when something does go wrong, it doesn’t matter, because it’s still to the extent that it’s manageable to improvise :wink2: 

This reason why I think it’s like that: I used to be a dancer and during the competition or performance I would be absolutely confident to perform, because I knew we (my partner and I) had trained up until that moment, our attire was on point and we already had our first warmup rounds on the floor, to get a feel for the floor and the hall. It’s more than enough base to improvise, because boy did things go wrong sometimes :sweatdrop: but it was okay, because we could manage!

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I can also be very dominant, but I think the art is to know when you can be and when you have to take yourself back.

Very true. This however also comes with experience and in a way, also age :aah: I am very sure the Mika from 12 years ago where he had fired 80% of his staff, is not the same Mika he is today. None of us is, or at least, I would hope not! 

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Maybe he says he doesn't know himself, but I suppose at least he knows himself better than anyone else does. :teehee:

I know he said it a couple of times in interviews. But isn’t that true for everyone? We don’t know ourselves until we are put to a challenge :wink2: and sometimes we surprise ourselves, may it be in a good or bad way, haha!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hero said:

Wow this conversation got serious! It was just a joke guys, there isn't actually a job available. :naughty:  Well, I don't think there is... :blink: ... Er, gotta go! 

Haha yeah sorry, @mellody and I can get intense sometimes :teehee: it’s the way we pass our time between social media posts from Mika :lol3: 

• Haha 2

Having a quick look at their Vimeo page, I found this video!☺️
It’s a beautiful conversation between Mika and the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Indeed.

I was thinking, since the two of them are supposed to be having a conversation on Instagram on Monday, couldn't it be that they're just going to post this video instead of doing an Instagram live?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Oops, I don't think that's meant to be public, some editing still to be done. :teehee:But a very nice chat between them, some interesting points. 

... 8 costume changes?! :huh:Can't wait to see them! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Btw, did anyone make a playlist yet? I felt very happy and nostalgic putting it together, but sharing it felt weirdly vulnerable.

Did anyone else feel the same? 

I can't. I buy my music. I don't like streaming aps...and I almost only listen to Mika anyway :lmao: my playlist would be Tomorrow basically :naughty: I do have a Tomorrow playlist in my phone :lmfao:

I could make a playlist on youtube...I do have a few there but I never listen to them anyway :wink2:

At the moment I listen to Feel like love a lot as I need sweetness and to are u swimming by Mademoiselle K  and to Soul Love by David Bowie

Does that count as a playlist? :wink2:

I don't have a colleagues but I do listen to music a lot with the babies I look after :wub2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero said:

Oops, I don't think that's meant to be public, some editing still to be done. :teehee:But a very nice chat between them, some interesting points. 

Yes, that’s why I actually wasn't sure whether to post it here or not but I wanted to share it because it's worth watching. :wub2:
If you think it's better to take it down and wait for Indeed to post it on Monday (if that's what it will be), I will delete the post.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Btw, did anyone make a playlist yet? I felt very happy and nostalgic putting it together, but sharing it felt weirdly vulnerable.

Did anyone else feel the same? 

I really want to but like @crazyaboutmika said I'm also not keen on streaming apps because I buy music instead, I might do it through YouTube though. It's a shame that you can't share links on IG stories without having 10000 followers though 😕. I guess I could always use twitter.

Even though I haven't shared anything yet, I get what you mean about feeling vulnerable, there are some songs that I have a really personal connection with because of what they mean to me and I'm not sure if I'd want to explain those reasons just yet 😅.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Bedankt voor het plaatsen! :clap:

What a fantastic interview! I appreciate Mika very very much for this wise words 💙 I think a lot of people can get strength from this! I love you Mika 💙  I am sure you make a lot of young people happy with this interview! Thanks for that!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I can't. I buy my music. I don't like streaming aps...

21 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I really want to but like @crazyaboutmika said I'm also not keen on streaming apps because I buy music instead

Side note: I do buy music and I pay for my streaming app :sweatdrop: 

23 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's a shame that you can't share links on IG stories without having 10000 followers though 😕.

Oh you can! For some reason I was able to do so with my streaming app :wink2::lol3: but it was through the app as a share option and not through IG. 

• Like 1